postmaster mailbox #2

Configure an Outlook Express client to connect to the postmaster mailbox.
This will download the messages off the server.

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

nicbas (128)

Delete mailbox
Hi, As I understand, when you delete a mailbox, the mailbox is not permanently deleted instead, it is mark for permanent deletion and the will be permanently deleted for sometime. My questions are: 1) how long (by default) would the server keep the mailbox in the "recycle bin" before it is permanently deleted? 2) how can I change the default time to permanently delete deleted mailboxes. 3) How could I view the mailboxes that were deleted (but not yet permanently deleted from the store)? Any tools (3rd party)? 4) how can I force a mailbox to replicate to another server within the si...

postmaster
I have a windows SBS2003 i have moved the postmaster account from administrator to another user. I am not able to receive email that has been sent to a user that is not listed in the active directory. I want all unknown email for the domain to go to 1 user On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:31:01 -0700, "Leonard" <Leonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a windows SBS2003 i have moved the postmaster account from >administrator to another user. > >I am not able to receive email that has been sent to a user that is not >listed in the active directory. > >...

Labels should be easier to print #2
There are almost a dozen steps needed to print just one barcode label. This could be simplified onto one window to select the printer, label type, and quantity. It would also be nice to always have the label printer as the default for this type of printing. ...

Recover mailbox
H We have an SBS 4.5 server Someone deleted a user account an undetermined amount of time ago (could be days, could be months, no-one is admitting to it). What they didn't do is delete the Exchange account with it. I'd like to be able to read that mailbox so I can export it to a PST, stick it on CD and archive it Is there a way I can allow the administrator (i.e. me) to load it as a second mailbox in my outlook. I've tried adding it but outlook tells me I don't have privilages to read it (which I don't because I never gave myself read privilages of this account before ...

Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11
Originally this was used to create an alpha listing. I use this to create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high as is needed. (probably at least to three digits). Code being used: lastletter = "1" Cells(2, 16) = lastletter For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1) Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter Next intalpha ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Your co...

Last Logon Time in Exch. Mgr./Mailboxes reset by scheduled mainten
I have been using Exchange Manager, via drilling down to the storage group's Mailboxes screen, to get a check on users who are not active (and therefore may have been excused without my knowledge). Recently, something changed without intervention (probably via a patch) where the "Last Logon Time" is being reset every morning at 2:30. I am assuming there is a maintenance cycle involved, but I do not know what. While I know there are utilities and scripts to mine AD for the needed info, I am wondering what changed and if I really need this maintenance cycle? If I cannot ...

Veritas restore of Exchange 2003 mailbox sticks at 99%
Hi, We are running Veritas 9.1 rev 4691 to backup our network. I know this isn't a Veritias forum, but I was wondering if anyone had come across this issue whilst I wait for Veritas to get back to me. I am trying to restore a couple of emails to a user's inbox, but the restore job is getting stuck at 99%. I've tried twice today for two different users. The first time, the restore job stuck at 99% but the mails were restored to the box. I then cancelled the job. Now, the mails are not being restored and the job is stuck at 99% even after 15 mins. We are only restoring about 11Kb...

secondary axis #2
Hi, I have a chart with two series of data, each has its own axis, one is on the left and one on the right, both labeled, and I can click on either one to change the scale, etc. But when I try the same chart (one series on primary axis and one on secondary axis) with "Categories in Reverse Order", I can't get the second axis to appear. Has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks. Dave Dave - Yep, this can be confusing. When the categories are in reverse order, the primary Y axis goes where Excel wants to put the secondary one, and there's a conflict. Whet I find helps...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Mailbox size changes
We had our email server go down a little while ago and got things back up by restoring the mailboxes from a backup to a temporary server. Now we set up the permanent server again and have both running. We are then moving the mailboxes one by one to the new server. The mailboxes move and everything works fine but as they move the mailbox size can increase by almost double for some users. Other users who were disabled in active directory were moved by re-enabling them, moving the mailbox, and then disabling them again. With these users their mailboxes actually shrunk by almost half for some...

need query to random update field with 0,1,2,3 or 4
Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. Thanks, Robbie On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:06:30 -0700, "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to >test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no >criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. > >Thanks, >Robbie > UPDATE yourtable SE...

Delete mailbox #3
Dear all I have Exchange 5.5 server running 1000 users. I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I delete them using template? It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Any idea or reference website I can read? thank you "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in news:ekKtwbBsEHA.1992@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I wanted to delete 500 (mailbox and user account) of them. How do I > delete them using template? > It's not practical if we delete them one by one. Here is some good information for you: http://support...

Postmaster / NDR
Hi, When some one 'outside' sends an email in, to an address that does not exist (ie sakjfskdf@microsoft.com) How do i configure where it goes? because it might be important, and i don't want it just dropped. I know i have set this up already, i just can't remember where..... On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:42:04 -0800, Perran wrote: > When some one 'outside' sends an email in, to an address > that does not exist (ie sakjfskdf@microsoft.com) > > How do i configure where it goes? because it might be > important, and i don't want it just dropped. > ...

How to grand domain admin user right to Access all mailbox in exchange2003 ?
Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262054/ "BigBIg" <faitai@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:%23MOwvU81GHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thx > > thx so much ~ "IvKo" <dummy@msnews.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :u2mqC#81GHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262054/ > > > "BigBIg" <faitai@netvigator.com> wrote in message > news:%23MOwvU81GHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > Thx > > > > > > ...

Setup Exchange mailbox auto reply only for weekends?
Hey all...I just got a request form a user that wants to take our support email account and set it up to auto-reply only on weekends to customers who email support (similar to Out of Office function) as no one is looking at it at that time. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. None I know of without a third party tool. Chris <obrienjf@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170797530.092426.76130@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hey all...I just got a request form a user that wants to take our > support email account and set it up to auto-reply only on weekends to > customers w...

cell displays formula instead of value #2
Hi, Excel 2003 SP2 I have a new blank workbook, and on a new blank worksheet I format columns A - D as Text. A1 = [This_] B1 = [is_] C1 = [text.] D1 = [=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)] D1 now displays [=CONCATENATE(A1 ,B1, C1)] instead if the expected [This_is_Text.] Please help. I have hours in this :(( Thanks Jeff Higgins Jeff D1 should have been formatted as "general". Format it, re-type formula? HTH Beege "Jeff Higgins" <oohiggins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:RFBzf.218$Cp2.147@fe03.lga... > Hi, > Excel 2003 SP2 > I have a new blank workbook, > a...

Log users if they reach their mailbox limits
We use Exchange 2003. If a user hit their mail box limit and if the 3 tick boxes are ticked. For example the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and "prohibit send and receive at" areally selected for the users mailbox then it will generate an Event ID 8528 on the Exchange server. But if only the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and NOT the "prohibit send and receive at" are selected and the user has reached their limit nothing is logged. Hope you can advise... In news:E72DD479-69F9-4A26-8688-3681C17A33D2@m...

PO Auto Numbering #2
We have been using auto numbering for our purchase orders. But we have found when we create a PO base on sales for a supplier we get (example PO # 0000431) and when we create a Blank PO we get (example PO # 9999587). When the RMS Manager informs us that the PO number is RMS will create one for you. How can we reset the auto numbering for PO's to a lower number for blank POs? I tried making a dummy PO with a lower number, but the auto numbering just continues with the much higher number. -- Jason Clements Pinch A Penny ===================================================== =========...

Flexible spending account #2
how do i track flexible spending accounts like health- care/dependent care spending accounts? Thanks I do it by setting up an account, type cash, name Flexible Spending. "venkmon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14cf101c3c3d2$a3f7cb60$a601280a@phx.gbl... how do i track flexible spending accounts like health- care/dependent care spending accounts? Thanks Transfer money into this account from your paycheck deduct. Transfer money out of this account to, say, your checking account when you draw reimbursement. "Kent Riesen" <Kent Riesen...

Individual Mailbox logging
Other than the Message Tracking application in the Exchange System Manager, is there a way to give a report on email activity for a specific mailbox? A manager is inquiring about the usage of a particular mailbox, and I want to be able to provide a report (basic Sender, Recepient, Subject, Date/Time) to the manager. I can do this with the Message Tracking, however I cannot output the results to anything (such as a txt, csv) but a screen capture. Is trhere another way to produce these results within ESM? ...

New Mailbox problem in 5.5
It seems aevery time I add and new mailbox it get put into the manager distribution list. Does any know why I have 4 distribution lists and 2 of them it gets put in ant two of them it doesn't. Does any one have any rhyme or reason why this happens. Eric are you creating your mailboxes (or copying them) from a template that belongs to these distribution lists? "Eric" <ric_d29@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9898c48b.0407161216.10773842@posting.google.com... > It seems aevery time I add and new mailbox it get put into the manager > distribution list. Does any know w...

exchange setup #2
I setup exchange 2003 standard on 2003 server for about 12 users, the server has 4 550 xeon's, 1 gig of memory which will be upgraded later and 4 18.2 gig drives and 2 36.4 gig drives I setup the raid like Vol.1 - RAID1 - 2 x 18.2 Gigs Vol. 2 - RAID1 - 2 x 18.2 Gigs Vol 3 - RAID1 - 2 x 36.4 Gigs when i go to my computer i can't see vol.2 and vol.3 but if i open disk manager it looks like there's no partition on the drives, can i use disk manager to make/format the volumes or is there another way? Yes again to that. :) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: w...

Backup mailboxes
Hi all, I'm running SMS 2003 with Exchange Sever 2003. I'm using Veritas 8.6 as the backup software. I noticed that the back up has fail because it couldn't attach to Exchanger Server. I tried to attached Administrator's Mailbox but it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestion/solution to this ? Please help thank you, Ed I believe you need Veritas 9.0 or later to backup an Exchange 2003 Server. You should check their website for compatibility or hotfix to see if 8.6 will work. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner ...

outlook XP standard can't find Word -- take 2
Using Office XP Standard - has worked fine for a couple of years. Recently (perhaps related to a corrupted doc) Outlook "can't find Word" so it's using built-in Outlook editor. I've gone into "Tools," "Options," "mail format" a dozen times but it doesn't stick. I've downloaded all updates. Anyone have any thougts? LS duffy249@att.net <duffy249@att.net> wrote: > Using Office XP Standard - has worked fine for a couple of > years. Recently (perhaps related to a corrupted doc) > Outlook "can't find Wor...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...