Post Migration from 5.5 to 2003

Does anyone know of any gremlins relating to the "move mailbox" method from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  I've got a group of users that use about 5
public folders for calendars and one of the members lost her permissions.
I've gone in through Exchange System Manager and assign her Publishing Editor
or even Owner permissions and she is added with the permissions, but when you
close out and go back in, she is no longer in the permitted users list.
There are only five other users on the list.

Hi Bill,

Check also:

HOW TO: Migrate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316886

How to Remove the Last Exchange Server 5.5 Computer from an Exchange Server
2003 Administrative Group
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=exch2003

--
Kind regards,

Menko den Ouden
NL

"Bill Driscoll" <BillDriscoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any gremlins relating to the "move mailbox" method
> from
> Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  I've got a group of users that use about 5
> public folders for calendars and one of the members lost her permissions.
> I've gone in through Exchange System Manager and assign her Publishing
> Editor
> or even Owner permissions and she is added with the permissions, but when
> you
> close out and go back in, she is no longer in the permitted users list.
> There are only five other users on the list.

Office 2003...
I recently installed Office 2003 & have noticed a couple of problems. First, if I use the envelope wizard in Word & I click the address book, I get a message saying "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Outlook and set it as the default mail client" I checked & Outlook is set as the default mail client. After quitting, I get another message saying "Logon failed. You must log onto MS Exchange to access your address book, Error Code: "Unspecified Error" This is on my home computer, ...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to reset Outlook to first-installed state? I want to start from scratch with moving my PST files to the new machine. Thanks. -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001 Try starting Outlook 2003 with the /firstrun command line switch. "Al Dykes" <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message news:emm12b$lm3$1@panix5.panix.com... > > Is there a way to reset Outlook to first-installed state? I want to > start from scratch with moving my PST fil...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

migration vc6.0 -> vc8.0
Hello, we are migrating a large codebase from vc6 to vc8 while adding Windows Vista to our supported Platfoms. We experience some strange program terminations with the new code on the vista platform, while everything runs fine on a XP box. At the moment, we suspect some compiler setting like /GS to be part of the problem, but we are open to suggestions. Bye, -- Thomas Hi Thomas, Can you show me some detailed information regarding the "strange program terminations"? Do you experience any unhandled exceptions in the program? Can you show me the error details of this termi...

Excel 2003: Autofilter
Hi, Is it possible to create autofilter on Rows? I have an excel sheet with over 5000 rows and 40 columns and I need to use the autofilter option on the rows. As transpose function will not work, cannot interchange rows to columns to use the standard autofilter option. Do you know of any macro which can help me in this regard? Thanks, Ashwini Check out this google search result. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/e6cb0babfba916b8/6d48bf5680a98d7b?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2#6d48bf5680a98d7b Note Debra's URL to a workbook. Gord Dibben MS E...

2003 OWA & SSL
Just need the urls for how to set up SSL for OWA thankx Try here : http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html and msexchange.org has alot information/howto's article on Exchange Server. Good Luck ! Halezan "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:9nmkh0lce8nm82rujmhmlr23tap7v3k5l6@4ax.com... > Just need the urls for how to set up SSL for OWA > thankx m sex change . org huh :) nice name "Yonkey" <m_halezan@hotmail.com> |>msexchange.org ...

Outlook 2003 & Office 2000 together
Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to work with Outlook 2003? D David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 > on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other > programs. One of my users...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Emails Disappear from Outlook 2003
1 week old emails in the Inbox disappear by itself. I can't locate the emails using the Advanced Find feature. It seemed like the emails have been deleted permanently. Current computer is: Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server set up. I checked the delivery mailbox locations and it is set up to the server for only one location. No rules set up on this computer. As researching for this topic, I already checked on the setting on View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Message. No filter rules have been applied. The missing emails are not in the Archieved...

G.P. v7.5 SQL
We have recently iaunched a third-party Shop Floor Control System that works in conjunction with Great Plains v7.5 SQL version, and reads/updates various tables within the Dynamics Database as required. Occassionally, we have experienced errors returned by SQL which seem to indicate that the Great Plains Application has inadvertently locked either the ENTIRE DATABASE, or an ENTIRE TABLE, or a PAGE WITHIN A TABLE, as opposed to a single ROW within a table. Since we do NOT have access to the Great Plains Source code in order to determine where/how this "blocking" is taking pla...

migrate nsf not on Lotus Notes server to pst
I know the migration wizard works for a mail file on a Lotus Notes server, but does anyone know of a utility that will migrate an archived .nsf to a .pst? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Linking Jpegs in Access 2003 Forms
First of all let me say, I'm NOT a programmer. I went a bought several books on Access 2003 inorder to create simple databases forms. I've created a form for our little company which I wish to display the employee's picture on the form. When I follow the procedures in my book, all that is displayed in the name of the jpeg and not the actual picture. If I click on the name the picture is displayed in another window. I have went on the web and read so much that I'm crossed eyed. I've reinstalled MS Picture Manager like one article said and still no joy. Is there a SI...

Cannot close data file in Outlook 2003
I have recently come up with a problem that means that I cannot close a PST file in Outlook 2003. I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". These are archive files. Well, one file that now appears twice. I have tried creating a new main PST folder and using that. I have tried to move, rename and generally hide the offending archive.PST folder. Nothing works. Nor can I get at the "Advanced" properties of the archive. If I log on to Windows as a different user and then open outlook using the same main mailbox.PST file, I do not see these &q...

What is best way to migrate 15 users in a remote site from a local to a central server?
Hi, We have a mostly Windows (and Exchange) 2000 network, that is based upon Citrix. We have one site left where they use a local Exchange server, rather than the main one at the HQ. I need to migrate the users onto the centrally based server, and although there are only 15 or so users, the mailboxes can be up to 2 gig in size. We connect to the local site via an ASDL router, so such massive data going across the network is not really an option. I was thinking of egoing to the site, and using the Exmerge utility to save the mailboxes onto a DVD, and then restoring them from disk onto the cent...

Outlook 2003 Crashes when Attaching Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C42095.7B4916E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a client who recently ugraded from Office XP to Office 2003 - Now = each time she tries to attach any file type to Outlook, Outlook crashes = and this error appears in the log. Looks like the only add--in that = might matter is Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 8.1. I have tried with = the add-in deselected and with Exchange Protection disabled. I have = been able to find this several places, b...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

VC++ 5.0 new project
I would be gratefull for any help. I am trying to create a new MFC project using the MFC Application wizard and an error appears just as it as it is about to copy the files into the workspace: "The project directory no longer exists.Please choose a different directory." I have tried creating new directories and no joy.The OS is XP with SP2 installed.Anyone have this problem or have any ideas on how to get round this? Thanks, Acha It is SP2 which is causing the problem. i have gotten round the problem by creating the new project in Win 98. "Acha" wrote: >...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Exchange 2000 to 2003 migration problem
Hi all We are currently moving from Exchange 2000 to 2003. The problem is that accounts that are located on the 2003 server are able to send mail to other accounts (either on the 2000 server or external) but not receive any back All mail is routed via a sendmail server I have not configured any SMTP connectors at this point, I suspect that this may be the cause of the problem. Any advise would be great Thanks Dave Hole On 2/25/04 8:36 PM, in article EDC87651-CF15-472D-8601-EEA8574641CC@microsoft.com, "Dave Hole" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all,...