possibly mangled objects

I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap browser
and noticed few unreadable values like for example:

CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=our
org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our domain
name,DC=com
in this container - type - has value that equals:
㉻䨃稳䨃稳䨃稳䨃稳䬂瀹䀉㡱ी欢ཆ㝾匚べ吝ㅸ੃㩳䈋爻䈋爻䈋爻䈋爻䌊

Should that be the case?

we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native

--
George
0

I don't believe so. Is there any reason why you would have non Western
European Character sets? Does it look the same with AdsiEdit or LDP.exe from
MS.

This is probably not relevant but have you seen this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649

Nue
"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap
>browser
> and noticed few unreadable values like for example:
>
> CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative
> Groups,CN=our
> org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our domain
> name,DC=com
> in this container - type - has value that equals:
> ????????????????????????????????
>
> Should that be the case?
>
> we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native
>
> --
> George

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/15/2006 2:11:05 PM
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:59:27 -0800, George
<George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap browser
>and noticed few unreadable values like for example:
>
>CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=our
>org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our domain
>name,DC=com
>in this container - type - has value that equals:
>????????????????????????????????
>
>Should that be the case?
>
>we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native

Permissions?
Check the same vaules in adsiedit and see whats there.
0
adavid (8731)
3/15/2006 2:28:13 PM
setup for ensglish(UK)

sorry when i copied the value it has added the extra caracters - it looks
like this all identical: 䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊

--
George

"Nuevo" wrote:

> I don't believe so. Is there any reason why you would have non Western
> European Character sets? Does it look the same with AdsiEdit or LDP.exe from
> MS.
>
> This is probably not relevant but have you seen this article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649
>
> Nue
> "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap
> >browser
> > and noticed few unreadable values like for example:
> >
> > CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative
> > Groups,CN=our
> > org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our domain
> > name,DC=com
> > in this container - type - has value that equals:
> > ????????????????????????????????
> >
> > Should that be the case?
> >
> > we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native
> >
> > --
> > George

0
George6668 (260)
3/15/2006 2:55:27 PM
both softerra and adsi edit show same value

which looks like this all characters identical
䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊䌊

I also noticed that other objects have this type too with same value!?

exchange works fine as well as AD from what i can see

--
George

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:59:27 -0800, George
> <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap browser
> >and noticed few unreadable values like for example:
> >
> >CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=our
> >org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our domain
> >name,DC=com
> >in this container - type - has value that equals:
> >????????????????????????????????
> >
> >Should that be the case?
> >
> >we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native
>

> Permissions?
> Check the same vaules in adsiedit and see whats there.

0
George6668 (260)
3/15/2006 2:58:26 PM
Check that article that I sent:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649

Is it applicable?

> setup for ensglish(UK)
>
> sorry when i copied the value it has added the extra caracters - it looks
> like this all identical: ????????????????????????
>
> --
> George
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> I don't believe so. Is there any reason why you would have non Western
>> European Character sets? Does it look the same with AdsiEdit or LDP.exe
>> from
>> MS.
>>
>> This is probably not relevant but have you seen this article:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649
>>
>> Nue
>> "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was browsing the configuration partition using the softerra's ldap
>> >browser
>> > and noticed few unreadable values like for example:
>> >
>> > CN=server name,CN=Servers,CN=our Admin Group,CN=Administrative
>> > Groups,CN=our
>> > org.name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=our
>> > domain
>> > name,DC=com
>> > in this container - type - has value that equals:
>> > ????????????????????????????????
>> >
>> > Should that be the case?
>> >
>> > we are running e2k3 sp2 in a wondows 2000 domain both native
>> >
>> > --
>> > George

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/15/2006 6:32:37 PM
George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>both softerra and adsi edit show same value
>
>which looks like this all characters identical
>?????????????????????????
>
>I also noticed that other objects have this type too with same value!?
>
>exchange works fine as well as AD from what i can see

Export that object from the AD with LDIFDE. Check the value in the
LDIF file. I'm guessing it's base64-encoded (you'll see two colons
after the property name instead of the expected single colon, and the
string of characters will unradable). If that's the case, the value
has some character in there that's not in the range of printable ASCII
characters.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Is it possible

Unable to remove sharing permission for object that has been delet
Hi, I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on Active directory. According to KB 896082, there is a hotfix for this issue which is covered on KB 904435. However there is a guidance in order to activate the hotfix for issue 896082. Could someone help me with this issue? Thanks Carrie Correction. In KB 904435, there is no instruction on how to manually activate hotfix 896082. Can someone help me ASAP? Thx, Carrie "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on > Active direct...

Personal Folders in OWA

Renaming Mailbox Store Container Objects
What are the implications of renaming the mailbox store container objects in ESM? Server -> SG -> Mailbox Store(Server) Is that something that can be done on the fly safely? Thanks! None :-) This particular portion of Exchange can be renamed (safely) to whatever you want. You can also rename Storage Groups and Routing Groups. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f401c496a1$65819a30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What are the implications of renaming > the mailbox store container objects in > ESM? >...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Table object
There is a little table object that shows up on the top left of a table that you can use to move the table to the left or right. But I can't seem to figure out how to get that table object to appear. You have to click around select the whole table/ deselect the table and then at some point it appears. How do you get it to appear so you can move the table? I am getting tired of trying to randomly get it to appear. Thanks, Tom Which version of Word? We support about 20... On 7/04/10 2:14 PM, in article O4J9ajg1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "tshad"...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Updating OLE objects within table
I would like to update a field set as an OLE object (e.g. picture) within a field. Is this possible to be done in batch, rather than selecting each object manually? ...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...

Why can't I cut an Excel object?
I'm using Office 2007 and trying to edit an Excel file that I created several months ago. It's in xlsx format. When I try to cut an object from the file (like a text box or a shape), the cut option is grayed out. This doesn't seem to affect other Excel files I have and the Office diagnostic shows no problems ...

possible R-NDR attack, not sure, please help
Thanks to all who help and hope to help others with same issue. Since yesterday a user on domain sent a mail out to 10 or so people. Ever since then everyone who was being sent the message including the sender is getting a message like this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Donald Permenter Sent: 10/21/2005 5:54 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@aol.com. on 10/21/2005 5:55 AM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book,...

How is possible?
I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is still there and working. I cannot understand how this is possible. Would you anybody explain me? Thanks and regards Hello Salicilico, you wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:21:32 GMT: > I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. > In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is > still there and working. > I cannot understand how this is possible. > Would you anybody expl...

XML object serialization to MemoryStream and then XSD validation
Ok I have a class called Product ============================================== Code: Product.vb ============================================== Imports System.Xml.Serialization <XmlRootAttribute(ElementName:="product", [Namespace]:="x")> _ Public Class product Public _product_name As String End Class ============================================== I want to serialize an instance of this class to XML and validate it against the following product.xsd saved in the \bin folder =============================================== Product.xsd ==============================...

Is it possible to enter Credit Notes in CRM?
Hi, I'm having a problem entering Credit Notes in MS CRM. I'm migrating Credit Notes and Invoices into CRM from our accounts system for Sales History reference. Invoices and Invoice Details are migrating fine, Credits aren't. Invoice Detail lines with a negative quantity are not calculating the Extended Value (or feeding through to the Invoice total value). When I open the Invoice Product screen for these lines an "Invalid Quantity" message appears at the top of the screen, although it does display negative values like '-1'. I've modified the Invoice Produ...

Is this possible in PowerShell?
Hi, I am fairly new to PowerShell and already in love. I am pretty sure this is possible, but not sure how to do this. I am running bunch of command line commands from PowerShell. Each command spits out a log (in a weird format). Here is an example of a log file: http://www.box.net/shared/mz32eremi6 I will have hundreds of these logs and need to parse that data (only few values are needed: command, IOs/sec, MBs/sec, min/max/avg latency) and store that in the database. I was about to do this with database cursor, but that's pretty crappy solution. How do I pars...

Integraion possibilities
Hi I'm looking at ways of integrating our bespoke application into Outlook. I'm hoping to find out what is possible and sensible before spending a lot of time on the details. The application involves queueing jobs, both audio files and word files. The user then needs to select the next job from a folder and launch the bespoke editing app. (setting status, typing content, setting parameters). This also calls MS Word for typing. I guess I need Exchange to provide the bespoke folders. Can I run the application within Outlook window, so it seems to be contained within Outlook? Or will ...

Dates column Is this possible
Hello, I wonder if I can somehow set up a sheet, where column represents the date. And the current date is automatically entered i column A each time a new row is used? Can it be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That can be done. When you say a new row is used. How is it "used"??? That would influence how your desire is met. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Debptg >" <<Debptg.1b5bq4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Debptg.1b5bq4@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, I wonder if I can somehow set up a sheet,...

Notification possible?
Hiya Once a month I build a spreadsheet which other users access until I do the next one. There is a balance figure on the s/sheet which should always be zero until I come to build the next s/sheet. The other users should not do anything which will change the zero figure - if they do, it means they've screwed something on my lovely s/sheet! Is there any way I can set it so that if the figure changes from zero an email (or some other alert/notification) is sent to me, so I can immediately go and investigate the problem? Thanks for any help! -- TIA Da\/e Please reply to group Dave &...