Possible to import Exchange on same machine

Scenario :

W2K on Exchange Server m/c crashed. Couldn't get to restart. Managed to do a
side-by-side install of W2K fine.

Could I somehow transfer the Exchange installation from the old W2K
installation to the new ?

regards

How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];297289

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"PHOENIX03" <webmaster@NOSPAMphoenixsoftwaresolutions.com> wrote in message
> Scenario :
>
> W2K on Exchange Server m/c crashed. Couldn't get to restart. Managed to do
> side-by-side install of W2K fine.
>
> Could I somehow transfer the Exchange installation from the old W2K
> installation to the new ?
>
> regards

0
nicbas (128)

Editing dynamic worksheet imported from CRM
Hi, I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, and I often need to change the criteria used to pull the data. The workbook has the option to enable macros, but when I go to Tools>Macro>Macros, there are no macros listed. How can I edit the criteria for the existing dynamic worksheets without having to create a new dynamic worksheet each time there is a change? Thanks so much for any help. ...

Exchange 2003, IMAP and Macs
I am having a bit of difficulty geting IMAP clients connected to an SBS2003 server. In particular, Entourage for OS X (running OS X 10.3 with the .local work-around script running) with all the latest updates, including the Exchange update for Entourage X. It apears to me that the Exchange server refuses to comnmunicate via IMAP (whether secure or otherwise) Has anyone been able to get a Mac client running OS X 10.3 with Entourage X connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If so what did you have to do in particular to get it going? :-) Christian. ...

Configure Exchange 5.5 for backup to another domain
Hello, Is it possible to configure Exchange 5.5 to be a back mail server for another domain as well as it's host domain. Example... mx record has 10 -> firstdomain.com 20 -> backupdomain.com If firstdomain.com's exchange server goes down is there a way to configure backupdomain.com's exchange server to accept mail for firstdomain.com and send it to the server when it comes back online? But it cannot stop accepting mail for backupdomain.com. Thanks. Chris DeFreitas Yes, it is posible. On Exchange server for backupdomain, in Exch Admin prog, IMC props, Routing ta...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

ExBpa Exchange 2000 in Active Directory 2003
Hello, I have a Windows 2003 x64 bit Active Directory Domain in Forest and Domain functional level 2003 running on X64 bit Domain controllers (coming from Windows 2000 Native mode on old hardware). It contains an Exchange 2000 Organization with teh RUS patch applied (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873059). We have had no issues so far. Now as I'm looking at the setup with EXBpa ist tells me I need to policy changes. The changes I have not found anywhere else than in the ExBpa documentation. The changes are one for mail box rehoming issues and one for a search filter update in ...

OEM Outlook 2000 & Exchange
Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange Server 2003? Windows 2000 Professional SP4 -- Andre http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm Yes, just make sure you pick Corporate/Workgroup mode. "Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uG6m1lqHFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange > Server 2003? > > Windows 2000 Professional SP4 > > -- > > Andre > http://spaces...

messy HTML codes in imported mails
I have imported a large number of mails from Eudora to Outlook 2007. MANY imported mails shows up in Outlook with messy HTML codes. Is there a way to "clean" them out? (Or let Outlook be aware that they are hyper text so as to properly display them?) Thanks, Zhiliang No, once you have imported them and they are broken, you cannot fix them anymore. You'll have to try importing them again via different settings or a different format. Which method did you use now? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-...

Programmatic import of PST
Guys, my goal is to be able to import hundreds or possibly thousands of PST in a programmatic fashion. I need to create a Macro in my Outlook that would allow me to point to the network directory where my PSTs are stored, press button and have them all imported. Has anyone done this before? Code snippets? Directions? Thanks in advance - leo Yikes, what are you trying to achieve? Why so many pst-files? Note that the Outlook 97-2002 pst-format can only hold up to 2GB. The 2003 pst-format can by default hold up to 20GB but can be expanded to almost an unlimited size. For code suggest...

Exchange 2003 problem #4
Hi Every email that we try to send that is over 3.6MB we get the massage "#5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host" The is no restriction I followed the articleArticle ID : 322679 What can I do? Than"x Shay Sounds like either the recipients email server is blocking this or the SMTP server you're smart hosting or relaying to is. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com <S> wrote in message news:ujmpLnE0EHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Every email that we tr...

Is ANR on Exchange 2003/AD different from Exchange 5.5
In Exchange 5.5 I could type oneil and would resolve to the user: O'Neil, Mary (alias:moneil, smtp:moneil@abc.com,). In Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 this no longer works. I understand that from KB 831124 that the following attributes are indexed by ANR: • displayName • mail • givenName • legacyExchangeDN • mailNickname • physicalDeliveryOfficeName • proxyAddresses • name • sAMAccountName • sn Does this mean that AND does not resolve *oneil*? If not, can it be configured to? On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:51:01 -0700, Adoyt <Adoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exc...

Problems when importing graphic
Everytime I import a simple circular graphic from Illustrator it shows with a box around it. The box is not transparent and therefore I cannot place the graphic over anything else. Any advise? FYI-I've imported as an eps, jpeg and tif file--same results everytime. Thanks. Transparency is not supported in JPG or TIF and you will need a Postscript printer to print EPS. By nature all rasterised graphics are square by nature. Depending on which version of Publisher you are using, you could place the graphic in a AutoShape to achieve the result you require. -- David, Hemera Photo ...

Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Win2K
How well does it run? As everyone knows, it's rock solid on NT4, will it be as stable on 2K? Thanks Tito Its fine. 2000 is a better OS than NT 4.0. "Tito Madrid" <titom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O2HxrE0zDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How well does it run? As everyone knows, it's rock solid on NT4, will it be > as stable on 2K? > > Thanks > > Tito > > ...

Calendar in Publishing
I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? "Snickerdodle" <Snickerdodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36B8900A-F6E1-4495-967E-85998F45CCE9@microsoft.com... >I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my > personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I > couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? I don't know the ...

Import Contacts from Excel Spreadsheet
I have 2 excel spreadsheets. Each contains contacts from previous companies that we have recently merged with. I would like to be able to use these spreadsheets to import the contacts directly into Exchange 2003 and make them immediatly available to all users. Running Exchange 2003 with SBS 2003. Any guidance would be Greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance! Been in the Domino / Notes world for several years so my apologies if this should be simple. Your best bet is to look at the csvde program that ships with the system tools. You can save the excel sheet as a csv file and use it as...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

anti virus for exchange
i need to put a new anti virus on our server any suggestions we have about 10 clients and an exchange server.thankx I've used Symantec Antivirus...they have a version for Exchange Server...and the client version scans emails coming into Outlook as well. It's been free of problems and has always done a great job. "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28974E75-D07B-44F9-BBC6-B332909EB1B4@microsoft.com... >i need to put a new anti virus on our server any suggestions we have about >10 > clients and an exchange server.thankx ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

unable to import contacts
I saved outlook folder (calendar & contacts as .pst files on CD before doing re-install of hard drive. After reinstallation of Windows ME & Office 97, was able to import calendar successfully, but so far unable to import contacts. Appreciate suggestions. Make sure that the PST file is writeable before you try to import. Copy it to your hard drive and remove the read-only attribute from it. "naum" <ynaum@comcast.net> wrote in message news:07a801c36c47$6bcb4fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I saved outlook folder (calendar & contacts as .pst files > on CD before do...

AD problems with new Exchange 2003 install
Hello, I've recently installed Exchange 2003 on a member server and it is working great. The only problem is on my DC. When I open AD users & computers, I don't see any of the Exchange attributes (Exchange General, etc....). Not sure what needs to be done to add this, but I'm sure it's pretty simple. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. Cheers, Mike On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:14:03 -0700, "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I've recently installed Exchange 2003 on a member server and it is >working great. The ...

Moving to a new exchange 2003 box
I have to move over one of my exchange boxes to a new one. I only have about ten users in that office, so I was just going to use the move mailboxes feature in exchange 2003. The public folders however is a different story. I was thinking of just copying the databases. If I just set up replication between one box and the other, will it copy all the data to my new box so I can take the old one offline. Could someone give me any more opinions on what I should do. Yes, replication will take care the public folders. There are some things you need to do before removing the first server. htt...