POP3 Mailbox problems

Greetings,

I am having the following difficulties that I could use some help on.

I am running a small home/office system, it consists of 1 Small Business
Server 2003, 2 desktop clients and 1 notebook client (all winxp).
I have set up 7 accounts to the server all with an exchange account.  I have
email accounts out on the net on a domain that I own and would like to
retreive that email and forward to the exchange accounts on my server.  I
configure the pop3 connector to get that mail, but it appears as though it
does not retreive it or it goes elsewhere I don't know which.  At lest it
does not go into exchange mailboxes.  I also need to forward all email
generated on my network to a single smtp server on the same domain, I set
this up but it does not work either.  I don't know how to resole this
problem, any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I do need to say this for configuration questions.  My system is configured
like this..

SBS connects to Nat/Firewall router (static IP, NIC1), it connects to Local
Network (DHCP, NIC2) all clients connect to a hub on this nic.  I can get
web access with no problem, and get pop email outside of exchange with no
problem.  Thanks for th help.

Boris

0
stinger (1)

Boris the Spider wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am having the following difficulties that I could use some help on.
>
> I am running a small home/office system, it consists of 1 Small
> Business Server 2003, 2 desktop clients and 1 notebook client (all
> winxp).
> I have set up 7 accounts to the server all with an exchange account.
> I have email accounts out on the net on a domain that I own and would
> like to retreive that email and forward to the exchange accounts on
> my server.  I configure the pop3 connector to get that mail, but it
> appears as though it does not retreive it or it goes elsewhere I
> don't know which.  At lest it does not go into exchange mailboxes.

Note that the POP connector in SBS (actually, the same is true for pretty
much any of them) can be troublesome. Why not ditch POP and host your own
mail? You can do this even with a dynamic IP... see
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for info, but in SBS2003
you're better off configuring this with the wizards.

If you want to use the SBS POP connector, post in m.p.windows.server.sbs as
it isn't part of Exchange.

> also need to forward all email generated on my network to a single
> smtp server on the same domain,

What do you mean by forward, and "smtp server on the same domain" ? Can you
elaborate on what you wish to do? Do you mean, you want all Internet mail to
be sent out via a smarthost/ISP's SMTP server?

>  I set this up but it does not work
> either.  I don't know how to resole this problem, any thoughts would
> be appreciated.  Thanks.

> I do need to say this for configuration questions.  My system is
> configured like this..
>
> SBS connects to Nat/Firewall router (static IP, NIC1), it connects to
> Local Network (DHCP, NIC2) all clients connect to a hub on this nic.
> I can get web access with no problem, and get pop email outside of
> exchange with no problem.  Thanks for th help.
>
> Boris

0
lanwench (7567)

>> also need to forward all email generated on my network to a single
>> smtp server on the same domain,
>
> What do you mean by forward, and "smtp server on the same domain" ? Can
> you
> elaborate on what you wish to do? Do you mean, you want all Internet mail
> be sent out via a smarthost/ISP's SMTP server?

Exactly, all my network mail to an internet domain.

Boris

0
spider1 (3)
12/23/2004 10:43:14 PM
Boris the Spider wrote:
>>> also need to forward all email generated on my network to a single
>>> smtp server on the same domain,
>>
>> What do you mean by forward, and "smtp server on the same domain" ?
>> Can you
>> elaborate on what you wish to do? Do you mean, you want all Internet
>> mail to
>> be sent out via a smarthost/ISP's SMTP server?
>

> Exactly, all my network mail to an internet domain.
>

> Boris

Set up an SMTP connector, keep the address space as *, and set it to deliver
to your ISP's SMTP server as a smarthost. Don't select "allow relay to these
domains" whatever you do!

0
lanwench (7567)

Problem with ExportAsFixedFormat with selected sheets
I have the routine below in a number of workbooks. Typically it works without a problem. I have a sheet with sheet names that I select and it exports the sheets to a PDF. For some reason sometimes it only produces a PDF with the first sheet in it instead of all sheetnames that were selected. I have made sure the sheetname array has more than one value and have also made sure (by exiting before the export) that it is selecting the correct sheets in a group. Both of those work fine. I have also made sure that there was not a problem with the SortableDateString fuction. If I manually select th...

Forwarding outgoing mail to another mailbox
Hi, Using Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 Server. We need to monitor outgoing mail. Is it possible to have exchange automatically forward any outgoing mail from certain users to another mailbox. (Emails that certain users are sending.) I know how to do this for incoming mail, but how do you do it for outgoing mail? Exchange is setup where users need to authenticate to send outgoing mail, so I'm assuming this could be used to identify the user. Thanks in advance, Eran On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:36:24 -0800, "Eran" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Using Excha...

Mailbox Access or Public Folders Rights
Hi Imagine you have some team projects that must share their information by WEBMAIL. So i've thought in two ways of doing that but i need someone advice how to make it work. 1 . Implement/create an e-mail address that should allow the following points: -> mailbox ProjectXptoMailbox -> user james: has full control -> user alice: read access -> user john: read access -> user mary: read access Each one of the users to access this mailbox account must autenticate with their own user credenci...

Group emailing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350654533_1908051 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3350654533_1904604" --B_3350654533_1904604 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Wife has two Macs...both OS X.6; both running latest version of Office 08... She has identically constructed groups on each computer...same names and addresses...using mail client Road Runner from Brighthouse here in Centr...

Exch 2000 public folder mounting problem
I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and reinstall OS and exchange 2000. I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. I would really appreciate if someone please walk me through to retreive my public folder. Thanks. In news:eGAE%23MpWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Mehbs <msamani@comcast.net> typed: > I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and > reinstall OS and exchange 2000. > > I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. > > I would really appreciate if someone plea...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

Problem with sync desktop outlook Contact with MSCRM server
When i try to sync the outlook Desktop it freeze and stuck the client machine and when I sync only the appointment and task there is no problem. the messege i see in the sync is trying to sync 356 contacts and it failes when it allmost finish to sync and there is only 1 contact left to sync it's freeze and the client machine stop working and we need to close the Outlook from the Task Manager. By the way i tried to install the outlook with the user profile on another machine and get the same problem. please If anyone known this issue please let me know my email is : itsik@effectcrm.co...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

windows installer problems
Everytime I receive an e mail in outllool 2003 my window installer starts. It's not a big problem just a little annoying really. It started after I recently downloaded a new version of windows installer. Is there anyone out there in computer land that can help me? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "window installer problem" <window installer problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C74E3CF-4F45-47BF-A36C-81B8F976735A@microsoft.com... > Everytime I receive an e mail in outllool 2003 my window installer starts. > It&...

Cannot authenticate to mailboxes
Hello all! I am desperate! I had to remove AD from our Exchange Server. The exchange server is online and functioning correctly, but users can no longer authenticate to their mailboxes. When I use the Active Directory Users and Computers snapin from Exchange, I cannot resolve any of our users. It simply does not see them. There must be a way to re-associate my users with their mail boxes so that they can authenticate to them. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Paul Hi Paul I assume you have another Domain Controller? So, when you had AD on your Exchange server, was the Exc...

Problem while mailmerging with an Excel datasource
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C4E1D2.928EF280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everybody, is there a known issue when trying to mailmerge in WORD with an Excel = datasource when the merged EXCEL columns contain formulas. Everything works fine, except that WORD doesn't respect the format = settings defined in Excel. For example, a value (63,24) in a column defined in EXCEL as NUMBER - = decimal places 2 shows up in the mailmerged WORD document as = 63,236249999999998 We wor...

Can't Empty Deleted Mailbox in Outlook 2000
I have been running into problems clearing files out of my "Deleted Items" folder. I first noticed it as causing the auto Archive to crash. I was able to go in and delete some messages but now I am left with a bunch that will not delete. The error message is "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook, run scanpst.exe, and tried moving the files to other folders. No success on anything. The *.pst file is under 1Gb. I'm running on Windows XP. Any suggestions??? Thanks, Charlie. ...

spending thermometer problem
I have three accounts in money. When I enter a transaction into checking #1, the spending thermometer registers for that category. In the other checking account the spending thermometer is always at $0 no matter what category I enter a transaction into. It does not register even if I register the EXACT SAME transaction that I put into checking #1. How do I get the spending thermometer to include ALL my accounts?? A spending thermometer registers for spending in a category, not for the account. Because of this, you should see a thermometer for a particular category in either account (i...

Public folders and mailbox size limits..
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C420A2.6BAA4C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Someone keeps telling me that an individual's mailbox store limit also = includes any items they have posted to the public folders. Is this = true? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C420A2.6BAA4C10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Group Mailbox #2
I have a requirement as follows: group mailbox with smtp group@abc.com All users to be able to send on behalf of (the sent email must be in the sent folder of the group mailbox and not the users). Automated individual signature to recognize who sent email. Users must not be able to delete any emails from the group mailbox. All users have a personal mailbox which must not be confused with the group one. The solution implemented almost works: The users have full permission on the group mailbox. Outlook client opens the group mailbox and users use OWA to access personal. Signature setu...

Problem With I.E 7
Hi I have a problem with I.E 7 in my web application. When I browse my application in I.E 7 it does not show a particular section data. But If I add that website to trusted sites list it works fine, or If I browse that application with I.E 6 first and then with I.E 7 , it also works fine .. Data in in that section is populated dynamically inside a div by generating html through some java script. Could any one help me out what could be the reason for this behaviour ?? Hi, How can we help if you don't provide a link to your site? Use View>Source to inspect the injected...

Lookup Results Problems
I am attempting to search a second worksheet for and exact match using a parameter in the first worksheet. I've solve the NA problem thanks to this forum and MOST of the searches are turning up good data. Unfortunately, I have a master list of hospitals in spreadsheet A and am trying to mark which ones are transplant facilities from a list of these hospitals off of spreadsheet B. The formula finds the matches just fine but if a particular row is not found in the subset list on B, it puts down the previous match until it finds the next match and so on... I want anything th...

Mailbox Cleanup Agent #2
Hi. We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. We've deleted the AD acounts but when we go into system nanager and try to choose purge, it's greyed out. Our retention period for deleted mailboxes is 30 days. Can we run the cleanup agent now on the live system to speed up the deletion of the mailboxes? Or is it not recommended? Thanks Matt On 3 May 2006 06:37:15 -0700, "Jim C" <matt_hather@o2.co.uk> wrote: >Hi. > >We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. > >We've deleted the AD acounts but when we g...

.pst too large can it effect server problems
As per my external IT Company, because my .pst file is 4gigs, it effects my server workability, i mean lately three days in a row our emails in the morning appear offline, when i check the server it says the hosting account is disabled (WAN miniport pptp). So i spoke with my external IT, he is blaming it on my .pst being large, i just do not understand how is it possible for .pst with 4gigs to create such a problem? Is it possible? Thanks If you are saying the pst is hosted on the server, and being accessed by a workstation, that type of installation is not supported by MS as it can l...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Programmatically Purge Mailbox
How can I programmatically purge a specific Exchange mailbox? Ideally, it would be from a .NET application and could be executed from a remote machine. Less importantly, are there any ways to seed a mailbox with a bunch of messages (programmatically or otherwise)? Thanks for any pointers. - JKP intractably@gmail.com wrote: >How can I programmatically purge a specific Exchange mailbox? Try CDO. Or IMAP. >Ideally, >it would be from a .NET application and could be executed from a remote >machine. > >Less importantly, are there any ways to seed a mailbox with a bunch o...