pop3 email in exchange 2003

Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3
accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on
SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The
outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different
ISP.

How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the
emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In
outlook express, there is an option to do so.)

Right now, without setting such an option, no one
receives any email when they try to access it directly
from the webserver (through outlook express or
webmail.emailservername from home)!

Please assist
Thanx

0
anonymous (74725)

There should be an option on the POP3 connector, however most folks that
deal purely with Exchange have never seen the options on the POP3 connector
since it is specific to SBS.

You'd be best to ask the question to the SBS group:

microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: pop3 email in exchange 2003
>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:38:15 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Our email server is at an ISP with a few different pop3
>accounts. I have setup pop3 accounts in exchange2003 on
>SBS2003, to receive email in to individual mailboxes. The
>outgoing mail server is an smtp server at a different
>ISP.
>
>How do I make the exchange server leave a copy of all the
>emails received for a few days, in the email server? (In
>outlook express, there is an option to do so.)
>
>Right now, without setting such an option, no one
>receives any email when they try to access it directly
>from the webserver (through outlook express or
>webmail.emailservername from home)!
>
>Please assist
>Thanx

0
rroddy (682)

Reports on Exchange?
I want to see how many emails exist in all of my users' Deleted Items that are older than 90 days. How would I go about getting that report? ...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

Group emailing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350654533_1908051 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3350654533_1904604" --B_3350654533_1904604 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Wife has two Macs...both OS X.6; both running latest version of Office 08... She has identically constructed groups on each computer...same names and addresses...using mail client Road Runner from Brighthouse here in Centr...

All emails tracked regardless of options
Hello all, I have a problem with one user having her emails tracked in CRM even if she has option to track "E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail". The messages that get tracked are just a standard newsletter, so they are not sent "in response", but they get tracked. User reports that she had the option set to "Track all e-mails" when crm client was first installed - I'm guessing there were some rules set up then and now, these are in effect. Does anyone has any suggestion how to troubleshoot this issue? -- Maciej Jankowski ...

emailing statements #2
Does GP 9.0 only work with Adobe for this feature? If so, which feature? Can one license be used across the network, or do I have to buy a license for each user that may want to email a customer statement? It does. MS seems to have married itself to Adobe for some reason. You will need an Adobe license for each person who will use it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dwayne" wrote: > Does GP 9.0 only work with Adobe for this feature? If so, which feature? > Can one license be used across the network, or do I have to buy a license for > each user that may want to email ...

Outlook 2003 Reveived email not showing in inbox
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2003 (previously Outlook 2000 and I also use Outlook Express 6) all working fine except received emails do not show in inbox. I can see the messages being received ok and deleted from my mail server but they do not appear anywhere in Outlook 2003 - Outgoing mail is fine. I have tried severtal things to remedy including:- Complete uninstall of Office 2000 Complete uninstall & reinstall of Outlook (Office) 2003 Deleting all mail profiles then reinstalling running repair tool on .pst file deleteing all .pst files on hard disk The annoying thing is that I...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias?
How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com "Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604@uwe> wrote in message news:a609beedbc638@uwe... > How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? Add an account using that address to Outlook. Since you decided not to state your Outlook version, you can figure out how. Most likely it will be under Tools>E-mail Accounts or Tools>Account Settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

No notify when emails arrive
I've got Outlook 2003. When I had outlook XP, It'd see an envelope in tmy systray. Now that I have outlook 2003, there's nothing to tell me I've got an email. Am I missing something. What didn't I do ... or is this a bug? Thanks. Diana Tools->Options->Email Options->Advanced Email Options. Ensure you have the check box ticked for show a new mail notification. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

Warning Message by Exchange System Attendant
We are using Exchange 2003 and for the past several months, we have been receiving the following error messages in the event log: Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9186 Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant has detected that the local computer is not a member of group 'cn=Exchange Domain Servers, cn=Users, dc=<domain>, dc=com'. System Attendant is going to add teh local computer into the group. Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9187 Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to add the local computer as a member of the DS group object 'cn=Exchange Do...

Track in CRM Toolbar missing in Word 2003
My client has the "Track in CRM" toolbar randomly appearing and disappearing from MS Word 2003 - any suggestions? CRM 3.0 RU2 Office 2003 SP2 -- Dave ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Exchange 2003 and multiple domains
We just converted from Exchange 5.5 under Windows 2000 to a new server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and am having a couple of problems. 1. We have 2 domains (A & B with 2 way trusts) in our AD network, with 90% of the people in domain A along with the Exchange server. Domain B is also running AD under Windows 2000. All email addresses are JaneDoe@domainA.com even if the user account is in Domain B. When the 5.5 mailboxes were converted, new accounts for the people in Domain B where created in Domain A under the Users - Recipients folder but were disabled. The problem...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

how to import all Earthlink Total Access email into Outlook
I've been using Earthlink for years, but I like the new 2003 Outlook. However, I can't figure out how to import the contents of my Earthlink mailbox into Outlook. I don't want to lose anything -- inbox, sent mail, subfolders. Does Earthlink have a way to export your mail? "love2win" <love2win@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37E03A40-F6AD-48D5-A90B-464C6BD1D1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been using Earthlink for years, but I like the new 2003 Outlook. > However, I can't figure out how to import the contents of my Earthlink > mai...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Not able to read email unless I click on a link?
Every time I open an email, I can't see the message, I have to open an HTML or .txt attachment to see the email. Any ideas why this is happening? I have a screen shot, http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ps--7hMHMRMyTUfrLVPTOYheSqPq_kpPQ2uu9_giyOFaBGppMnl-Ff_8h0OtLlTTsFdVGgYcQJFUzH29A4KDgKQ/Email%20Problem.jpg Thanks in advance! ~~~ Jen These steps were written for the same issue in Outlook Express, but they might also apply to Windows Live Mail If you haven't already done it, shutdown and restart Windows. This sometimes fixes the problem. - If you still hav...

CRM adding tags when sending email
So I sent an email with the following subject line: Your interest in our click fraud seminars It appeared with the following subject line: Your interest in our click fraud seminars CRM:00330002 Is there a way to get rid of the CRM tag? -- Vincent Granville www.datashaping.com Hi, You can remove that easier by going to Settings --> Settings --> Organization Settings --> System Settings -- > Email Tracking Track Email checkbox, change it to no. Click Ok to save the changes. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 7, 4:50 pm, nonickname <datashap....

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Choose what email to use when sending email!!!
I've got SBS2003 set up and working. Pop3 connector is donwloading my email from my 2 email domain without any problems (@domain1.com and @domain2.com). Now what can I do to choose what email to use when sending email??? Please help me Cyril ...

Send Incoming Mail to another email address
I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail automatically be sent to another email account address also. I have office 2000 You can create a Wizard Rule for this; Tools-> Wizard Rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hitchcow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369d01c49d34$30d4a900$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail > automatically be sent to another em...

Forwarding via a rule in Exchange 2003
We had rules to forward an email automatically to an external address if it contained the word page in the subject. That was with Exchange 5.5. We migrated to a new server and exchage 2003 and the rules do not work anymore. I have tried to delete the existing rules and create new ones without success. I have added a rule that forwards the email to an internal address and it works. There must be a setting I am not seeing somewhere. Any ideas? Pierre Tessier Check in Exchange System Manager. Look under Global Settings and choose Internet Message Formats. Choose Default and go to prope...

CRM 3.0 folder interface in Exchange web client
Hi, Does anyone know if we can install CRM 3.0 client for outlook on the exchange server so that it can have CRM folders and tool options available for remote user using outlook web interface ? The question may be totally invalid, but this is kind of requirememt for a client. Best Regards Atul Hi Atul, You can't really integrate the CRM outlook client and the OWA as the OWA model cannot be extended. Also the Outlook client requires a VPN connection (it won't run over Http or Rpc Over Http). You can run the CRM web client over Http (with some drawbacks like reports if it is n...

as email attachment
I'm new to Publisher so hope this isn't too simplistic but I can't seem to find answer to following. I'm intending to write a Newsletter in Publisher that will be free for educators. I'm assuming the easiest way to send it will be will be to "File-Send email-Send Publication as Attachment" (if this isn't the easiest please let me know - thanks). I tried to do this and the dialog box came up Untitled-Message (HTML). I filled in email address but when I pressed "Send" - nothing has happened. My normal email program is Microsoft Office Outlook and I hav...