POP3 Connector passing external To: addresses back to Exchange

cannot delete account in address
Dear all, I have a mixed exch5.5 and ex2k enviroment, when I deleted mailbox in ex2k the account still can view in exch5.5! Stephen Look at you Recipient CA and make sure deletions are on. Otherwise you can import the csv into the 5.5 Admin from the ADC folder that has the deleted objects. On the server where the ADC is installed, there is a file named Ex55.csv that is created in the Program Files\MSADC\MSADC\Name of Connection Agreement folder. This .csv file contains a list of all the deleted Exchange 2000 mailboxes that were not replicated to the Exchange Server directories. -- Hop...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

unresolved external error
hi, can anybody help me. ************i have header file like************ typedef enum _SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY { SIM_API_DATA_FORMAT_ERROR = 1, SIM_API_INVALID_DATA = 2, SIM_API_MEMORY_ERROR = 3, SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR = 4, ............................. }; class CSimTrace { public: ............ CSimString & GetErrorDescription(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NULL, DWORD dwExtra = 0); ............ }; inline CSimString ERROR_DESCRIPTION(_SIM_ERROR_CATEGORY ErrorCategory = SIM_API_INTERNAL_ERROR, LPCTSTR szStringConst = NU...

Reports on Exchange?
I want to see how many emails exist in all of my users' Deleted Items that are older than 90 days. How would I go about getting that report? ...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Exchange 2k3 in Child domain
Hi. I just created a child domain in another one of our offices. The parent domain is AM.com and the child is VA.AM.com. Do I HAVE to put an exchange server in that domain in order for them to get their mail or can the one in AM.com do the job? One in parent domain can do the job. - You'll need to run DomainPrep in the child domain- - Create a new RUS for the child domain. - Make sure name resolution works -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.co...

Get external data path
I am using a spreadsheet to and the Get External Data feature to get data from an Access file. Everything works well as long as the locations of files don't change. When they do, I used to go into Edit Query and go into the SQL statement and change the Access data path. But now I have added a parameter and Edit Query will not allow changes. Is there a work around for this? Can I make the path for the SQL statement a parameter and put it into a cell in the spreadsheet? That would be great? Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks, Dave ...

Changing the IP address
I'm building an Exchange 2003 cluster at our home office and plan on sending it to one of our branch offices. While building it at the home office I will, of course, need to use IP addresses on our local subnet. However, when the server is shipped to the field office those IP addresses will need to be changed to appropriate addresses on the field office subnet. Any potential pitfalls here? Will Exchange play nicely with this? The server will be in the same Exchange Organization, but a different routing group at the field office. We will have a high speed link between the locat...

How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias?
How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com "Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604@uwe> wrote in message news:a609beedbc638@uwe... > How do I setup my Outlook to send from another email address or alias? Add an account using that address to Outlook. Since you decided not to state your Outlook version, you can figure out how. Most likely it will be under Tools>E-mail Accounts or Tools>Account Settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Exchange 2003 and multiple domains
We just converted from Exchange 5.5 under Windows 2000 to a new server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and am having a couple of problems. 1. We have 2 domains (A & B with 2 way trusts) in our AD network, with 90% of the people in domain A along with the Exchange server. Domain B is also running AD under Windows 2000. All email addresses are JaneDoe@domainA.com even if the user account is in Domain B. When the 5.5 mailboxes were converted, new accounts for the people in Domain B where created in Domain A under the Users - Recipients folder but were disabled. The problem...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Exchange ActiveSync VS GoodLink
I am proposing an over the air e:mail solution, and I am looking for some comments. As I understand it, Exchange 2003 SP2 (which we are running) can do this with many wireless devices. However, I also see a lot of comments on GoodLink, which is a major cost increase. So, what do you get with GoodLink that you don't get with Exchange? Is it worth $2000 and $300 a user? Especially in a small office where I will probably never have more than 10 users? Thanks for any comments, Gordon On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:29:03 -0800, Gordon Price <GordonPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

SMTP Connector smart host
Hi- I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work. Thanks, Jez. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:02:36 +0100, "Jez" <reply@replytogroup.com> wrote: >Hi- > >I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. >In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which >port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? > >I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] ...

Maximum addresses in an Outlook Express e-mail
Is there a maximum number of addresses an e-mail can be sent to using Outlook Express? I just sent an e-mail to many people giving them my new e-mail address and they apparently did not get it. Yet, the e-mail goes thru if I send it to one address. Thanks for any help you can offer. Ask your ISP what their max limit is. It's probably their limit, not OE's. Also note that recipients' servers may detect your message as spam....I suggest you use the BCC field for all your recipients. Also note: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Expres...

First name first when pasting an address from Contacts to an envel
When using the Envelopes and Labels Tool in Word, I'm pasting the name and address from my Contacts. However, it comes in last-name-first. Is there a way to fix this, or should I be doing it some other way altogether? ...

sending object to the back in excel workbook
I'm trying to insert a picture in a workbook and then send it to the back so the spreadsheet is sitting in front. I inserted the picture, I went to the draw menu, selected order, send to rear, but it doesn't send it to the back. I've tried it on 4 machines, 3 PC's and a Mac all with the same results. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, It sounds like what you actually want is a watermark. To do that click on Format -> Sheet -> Background. Then select your image. Michael "M Kirwin" wrote: > I'm trying to insert a picture in a wor...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

External data limitation
I apologize for the duplicate post! We are having trouble downloading 80 fields from a DateTel database into Excel, and consistently get errors until we drop the fields down to around 60. Is there a limitation to the number of fields that may be imported into Excel?? Sandy -- IT Services Help Center Yes there is but it is way more than 80 .... Unless you are using a trial copy? -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34477098-6835-4138-A706-A5FB77BBAD63@microsoft.com... >I apologize for th...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Exchange setup
When I try to install the exchange router I get an error message of 2755 and tells me that setup has failed. Any Ideas? ...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

how do i get rid of outlook mail and get msn mail back
i hate this , now when i try and send an email out from a site i get "outlook" mail how the heck did i get this where is my MSN mail? how do i fix this? i want my msn mail or hotmail back. -- GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS The default e-mail application is configured in Windows control panel, except where you have a Gmail account and the Google toolbar when it is configured additionally in the Google toolbar. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

Exchange POP3 doesn't retrive any messages?
Hi there, I have installed an Exchange Server 2003 at a Windows 2003 server. I am able to send messages from the exchange server this means that SMTP must be configured correct. In the mean time I want to use POP3 as well. 1) I changed the POP3 Service to start Automaticly 2) Started the POP3 Virtual Server under "Protol" in the System Manager I am able to logon to the POP3 (and IMAP) server both with an Outlook Express client and with a telnet session, but I do not retrieve any mails. I tried to send an email both to myself and to another account / mailbox at the same server, bot...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...