Pop3 Connector and Aliases

We have SBS 2003 and are using the pop3 connector to download messages into
the exchange mailboxes.

We have pop accounts set up for each user on the server that hosts our
website.  The pop3 connector downloads them and puts them in the same users
exchange mailbox, (ie UserA pop goes into UserA exchange, etc.).

There are different aliases/forwarders that we use that get forwareded to a
specific user.  How it's currently set up I need to create the forwarder on
the web server as well as in exchange, so that it works for e-mail sent
outside and inside our domain.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to send all the "catch-all"
e-mail on our hosting account to a specific pop account, download that pop
account into exchange and then somehow have exchange forward them to the
correct users?

On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:29:47 -0400, "Lee"
<noreply@infinityconcepts.net> wrote:

>We have SBS 2003 and are using the pop3 connector to download messages into
>the exchange mailboxes.
>
>We have pop accounts set up for each user on the server that hosts our
>website.  The pop3 connector downloads them and puts them in the same users
>exchange mailbox, (ie UserA pop goes into UserA exchange, etc.).
>
>There are different aliases/forwarders that we use that get forwareded to a
>specific user.  How it's currently set up I need to create the forwarder on
>the web server as well as in exchange, so that it works for e-mail sent
>outside and inside our domain.
>
>Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to send all the "catch-all"
>e-mail on our hosting account to a specific pop account, download that pop
>account into exchange and then somehow have exchange forward them to the
>correct users?

I would ask in the SBS newsgroups.
0
adavid (8731)

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

SMTP Connector smart host
Hi- I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] but this did not seem to work. Thanks, Jez. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:02:36 +0100, "Jez" <reply@replytogroup.com> wrote: >Hi- > >I have an Ex 2000 SP3 machine. >In the smart host field on an smtp connector is it possible to specify which >port exchange should deliver the mail to the smart host on? > >I tried something like [192.168.1.1:2525] ...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Exchange POP3 doesn't retrive any messages?
Hi there, I have installed an Exchange Server 2003 at a Windows 2003 server. I am able to send messages from the exchange server this means that SMTP must be configured correct. In the mean time I want to use POP3 as well. 1) I changed the POP3 Service to start Automaticly 2) Started the POP3 Virtual Server under "Protol" in the System Manager I am able to logon to the POP3 (and IMAP) server both with an Outlook Express client and with a telnet session, but I do not retrieve any mails. I tried to send an email both to myself and to another account / mailbox at the same server, bot...

Meeting updates not being recieved through POP3
Our organization has pretty much everyone using Outlook in "Exchange Mode". I have one user that does not like exchange mode and uses POP3. From time to time he will get meeting updates that do not get pulled down by POP3 when checking his email. When he looks at webmail it shows the message is still sitting on the server but when he tries to open it he gets an HTTP 500 error. I tried looking at the HTTP error log but it doesn't seem to be turned on and I can't figure out how to turn it on. This only occurs when the user is recieving updated meeting requests. Th...

Cannot start pop3 and Imap4 service
I just install a new exchange server in a new domain. and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service I have somme errors in the event viewer. a first message : Source : POP3SVC EventID: 1040 Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 0x64a. the second one : Source : POP3SVC EventID: 1040 Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed with error 0x64a. it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. ...

My POP3 users are VERY slow
hi i hav exch2003 and xp pro clients. Some of my users connect from remote offices to my exchange via a POP3 account via the Internet(broad band connection) to my exchange. The connection to my exchange when they try to send and receive is VERY slow.Their internet connection seems fine after i thought it is the internet connection that is the problem. My question: is there a setting in exchnge 2003 where the amount of POP3 users connecting to the exchange is limited OR the speed of them.... This is quite frustrating as the users keeps on phoning and then i must delete the bigger messa...

Outlook Connector for Lotus Domino
Anyone have any experience using the Outlook Connector with a Domino server where the client just hangs for 5+ mins while the email and calendar is syncronized? (freezing the whole machine) The LN server sys admin tells me Outlook is opening around 70 connections with the server (which explains the hangind). Are there any know workarounds for this? Or configuration settings? I actived the Logging feature in OL 2003, but haven't been able to decipher anything there that points me to an obvious problem. I have installed: XP Pro v2002 with SP2 MS-Office Pro/Outlook 2003 (11.6...

Pop3 Connector and Aliases
We have SBS 2003 and are using the pop3 connector to download messages into the exchange mailboxes. We have pop accounts set up for each user on the server that hosts our website. The pop3 connector downloads them and puts them in the same users exchange mailbox, (ie UserA pop goes into UserA exchange, etc.). There are different aliases/forwarders that we use that get forwareded to a specific user. How it's currently set up I need to create the forwarder on the web server as well as in exchange, so that it works for e-mail sent outside and inside our domain. Is there a better wa...

Use POP3
Hi I want check my emails (hotmail) in outlook with POP3 protocol but i don't know pop3 addresses for incoming and out going servers for my hotmail account. does any body can ,please help me Best Wishes You can't. Hotmail is an HTTP service. You can use a third party tool like Hotmail Popper to emulate it. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! ww...

Duplicate email from POP3
We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the same time. Are there guide line for trouble shooting? Open Received: headers of those messages and compare times. Hop, after times start to differ, will be the one that duplicated message. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the > POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently,...

Great Plains connector SQL 2000 not installed but it is.
I am running a W2k3 SP1 server with SQL 2005 (housing the CRM and Great Plains Databases) and SQL 2000 SP4, installed so the connector can use it. The connector installation fails, saying "SQL 2000 not installed" and "SQL 2000 SP4 not installed" but they are both installed. Thanks for your help. ...

Outlook 2002 freezing during POP3 download
Hi, I have a client site using outlook 2002, its been fine up until the last week, basically every day a few of the users will report problems with downloading email They retrieve email via an external POP3 server. When I check via webmail on the effected accounts I always find the same email causing the blockage, this email appears to have some form of embedded picture, and is to do with ROLEX WATCHES!". If I delete this particular email via the Webmail interface, the user is able to download the rest of the email with no problem. Obviously this is now becoming a pain for both ...

pop3
how to get pop3 and SMPT acct. working To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Glenn Tillison" <getillison53@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23LvIb$V7KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how to get pop3 and SMPT acct. working I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only ...

Design of connectors
Hello I need some help to optimise our systems, which I inherited. Our company has 2 sites, connected with a sufficient link of 1 mbit. Site 1 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 10.0.0.1 and site 2 has an Exchange 2003/SP1 server with an address 20.0.0.1 Site 1 has an backup Internet link of 256 mbit to ISP1 and Site 2 has a main Internet link of 1 mbit to ISP2 (we are using ISA 2004) All internet traffic flows from Site1 to SiteB, through ISA and so on. How should I configure Exchanges SMTP connectors and routing group (RG) connectors at both sites to achieve maximum reliabilt...

Errors Configuring Outlook to POP3 Server
I am trying to configure my Outlook to a POP3 server. When I send a message to my Outlook, this is the error message I am receiving: Unable to logon on to server using Distributed Password Authentication. Server response: ERR authorization first. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong. Does the server support Distributed Password Authentication? If you are not sure, try removing that check mark and then try again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

POP3
I just sat up a new computer at a friends house. A Dell 8300 with Windows XP. I sat up the POP3 account just like it was on the old 98 computer. When she goes to get her e-mail. It takes forever to get the window to open and then she has to click on send/recieve to start the process. No matter how many or how few e-mails she has, it takes a very long time to download and then send what is in the outbox. >When she goes to get her e-mail. It takes forever to get >the window to open and then she has to click on >send/recieve to start the process. What Email client is she using?...

Incomming POP3
Incoming POP3 Account (for ISP) will change for no apparent reason. It changes to the name "hostmail" and moves my pop3 account name to my use name qmqn@art.com/incommingmail.host any suggestions? Thank you It's probably an anti-virus or anti-spam product that you've installed that is changing this. Try disabling any such software and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, see if there's an update from the software vendor that fixes the problem. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no...

POP3 errors in event viewer
I have been getting numerous event ids (1019, 1023, and 1035) regarding the following: A error occurred in connecting to the <mail.my180.net> POP3 server for user <username@domain.org>. The error is 11004. The server may be down for maintenance or your server is not connected to the Internet. What might be causing this? I am getting hundreds of them. ...

pop3/stmp
How/where do you change the settings once they have already been established? I cannot find a place to enter the correct adress. Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing e-mail accounts-> Next-> select Account-> button Change... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij....

Undeliverable pop3 e-mail
I administer a Exchange 2003 server for 1 of my customers. All the undeliverable mail goes to undeliv@mydomain.com. The customer wants to see who the original adressee was, but it appears that Exchange changes this into undeliv@mydomain.com Help would be appreciated (and returned if needed). sinceraly yours, Stefan de Groot -- Bits and bites wont break my rights. my understanding is Exchange doesn't have the ability to forward undeliverable mail to a particular mailbox(it does forward them to a server if you wish). are you using any third-party for this purpose? if yes, it's th...