POP Client unable to downlaod mails

Hi All!

I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have configured
secure POP & SMTP access. It was working fine but now few clients are unable
to downlaod mail through POP client soft, while they can send mail through
POP client soft.  Wondering whether this can be result of any update or there
is any other problem.

Waiting for your responce.
0
Absar (15)

In news:E6876B6D-C1F3-4F6E-9C1E-15F095B5E3CC@microsoft.com,
Absar <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi All!
>
> I am using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 premium. On Exchange I have
> configured secure POP & SMTP access. It was working fine but now few
> clients are unable to downlaod mail through POP client soft, while
> they can send mail through POP client soft.  Wondering whether this
> can be result of any update or there is any other problem.
>
> Waiting for your responce.

What errors do they get?

0
lanwench (7567)

Creating Buttons in Client Window
Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 Trying to create a simple pushbutton in the client window. I can successfully show the button in the client window using the "Create" button with windows style "WS_VISIBLE" and the "GetParent" function as parameters. However, when I try to press the button, the button remains inactive like it is disabled. How can I activate this button so it is pressable. Thanks. "Carl Gibson" <cgibson@realspaceinc.com> wrote in message news:09ab01c39b13$3e9c2410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 >...

Outlook won't download from Yahoo mail but Netscape does
I have been using Outlook 2002 successfully for years to download mail from my Yahoo mail pop3 mailbox. Just today I began to experience a problem. When I do a send/receive the program logs onto the Yahoo mailbox and the progress box indicates the number of messages being downloaded and gradually the number of the message being downloaded increases up to the number of messages waiting, but the messages do not appear in the inbox. After the last message is supposedly downloaded I get the following error message: "Task 'Yahoo - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : ...

Sales for Microsoft Outlook Client
Hi, I have a couple of CRM related queries: 1. Will appointments and tasks created in CRM sync with outlook if SFO is not installed? 2. Can SFO be used with just a service license? Does this overcome the sync issues? What feaures are available in this case? 3. Can SFO outlook be used for multiple users on a single machine? Is there any documentation saying yes or no? Many thansk for any assistance, Marcus Robinson 1. No 2. No - There is no Service functionality in SFO 3. No. Might be in the IG. It is not supported. "MrICT.co.uk" <newsgroups@mrict.co.uk> wrot...

opening windows mail
I can open Windows Email by just clicking on the email icon under the start menu w/o needing a password on MY pc, but how can I access my emails from a different computer? Appreciate some help. It depends on what protocol your email account(s) use. Webmail accounts ( Hotmail/Live, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a web browser. Messages stay on the server. IMAP accounts (AOL, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a client email program (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.). Messages stay on the serve...

Workflow generated pop-up messages
I'm using CRM3.0. I would like to know if it's possible from within workflow code (using c# code) to trigger a message (dialog box) back to the web client. So for example if a field is null, display a pop-up message dialog back to the web client such as: "You must enter a Search name before proceeding" I know it's possible to perform validation from within Workflow manager, however the workflow Manager as far as I know, cannot send dialog box pop-up messages back to a Web client. Note that using client side scripting event triggers is not suitable in this situation, ...

Unable to find mail server...
I'm running Outlook 2002 & can't get it to work. I keep getting the error message: Task 'mail.mydomain.com - Sending and recieving reported error (0x800CCC0D) : Unable to find the mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.' I am using the same settings in Outlook Express & it works fine. I've even deleted the account in Outlook, & imported the settings from OE & still have the same problems. I have tried putting the IP address of mail server in account properties & have also tried the detect & repair option. ...

client install / upgrade
My company is in the process of going from version 7.5 of GP to 9.0. The issue I'm faced with is how to get the 9.0 client as well as the 9.0 Sp1 installed on 500 desktops. We run 2003 native AD, and most clients are xp. Thanks in advance Well, I'd start thinking about Citrix. The difficulty is that GP does have to be loaded, somehow, on those 500 machines. With GP 9, you can create an installation package that users can run themselves. (Well, some users.) The issue is that any third-party applications or applications like FRx and Integration Manager have to be installed work...

Outlook 2002
I have a Windows XP client, SP1 with Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) in a network with a Exchange5.5 server. It's possible to send mails without any problem at all. But when I recieve mail, I don't get them immediately !! I must click on the Send/Receive buttom to get me mails, or I must create a new mail before I get my mails !! How do I get my mails immediatly ? What's the problem ? Help please ? I have other Windows/Outlook clients which are working fine ! Peter Jensen wrote: > I have a Windows XP client, SP1 with Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) in a > network with a Exchang...

mail deleted from public folders
Hello, I have a problem regarding mail in a public folder. Part of the mails has been deleted by accident. I have a backup in which these mails have been backed up but it is not very recent and I cannot just restore the backup as I will loose some of the more recent mail in the folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction: How can I restore part of a public folder from backup? I'm running ex2k3 ent and std. on w2kserver and w2k3server Kind regards, David http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180117 http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci931903,00.html?offer=e...

some type of pop up blocker
When i try to access certain areas of CRM 3.0, there is some type of pop up blocker or something that will not let the next window open. I have disabled my pop up blocker but it still occurs. When i put the mouse pointer in front of the pop up blocker message, it states no pop ups were blocked. Some have worked by holding down ctrl or alt but others will not open the new window. Any ideas or suggestions? MT - if you have any toolbars installed in IE (google, MSN, yahoo, etc) uninstall them. there are lots of reported cases where disabling them isn't good enough, you need to un...

pop sound !
I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see what its trying to notify me of ? sixpack wrote: > I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" > well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see > what its trying to notify me of ? How did you find it was a 'system notification'? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html So are you te...

Idle user time-out for GP clients
Does anyone know of a way to automatically logout users that have been idle for a certain length of time? We have a 15 user license but occasionally run short for a time. Some users login just to hold their spot and that means other get locked out. I know we can spend more $$ and get more licenses but it would be nicer if we could prevent users from holding sessions open for long periiods who are not actually doing anything. -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Take a look at the Omni Tools available from Rockton software www.rocktonsoftware.com The module within Omn...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Mail Router Issue with BCC to CRM Users
I recently ran into an issue where BCC to CRM emails from CRM users to other CRM users (or to themselves) are not able to be posted into CRM. Below is one scenario that can cause this. 1. UserA sends an email in CRM to a customer and CC's UserB 2. UserB then replies to the email and then changes the To address to the customers address and also BCC's himself. 3. The BCC copy is routed back into UserB's mailbox (btw he does this so he can file away a copy of the email in Outlook) and is then forwarded to the crm mailbox by the crm forwarding rule. 4. The CRM Exchange Mail Router ser...

Send Exchange mail first than send mail in local Laptop.
I work offline with my Outlook Mail on my Laptop. When I connect to my Exchange Server 5.5 it trys to send out my mails. If my Exchange mailbox is full the Server does not sent out my mail. It sents back to my Laptop as undelivered mail. Then it download all my mails from my Exchange mailbox to my local Laptop Outlook Mailbox. Now as my Exchange Server Mailbox is empty I am able to send mails. So I have to resent all the undelivered mail. If the Exchange Server downloads all my incomming mails first and sent out my mails later than I would not have the above problem as my Exchange mail...

Outlook Express Mail Transfer
I have recently got a new computer with WINXP - outlook express 6 on it. My previous computer was windows95 using outlook express 4. What i want to know is how to move my mail messages from my folders on my old computer to folders on my new computer. (OE4 to OE6) I have placed the messages from the old computer onto a cd and they are in the format of .MBX and .IDX, i dont quite know what this means and how to import them into the new computer. Help! please. Sam Cousins wrote: > I have recently got a new computer with WINXP - outlook > express 6 on it. My previous computer was windo...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...

Mail is 30 minutes later in receiving that Sky mail.
Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows live mail, many of my mail receipts are much latewr than in Sky mail. In fact I wish I could go back to using Outlook Express. There is no mechanism in Windows Live Mail that would cause a delay in receiving mail. If you want to analyze where the delay occurred, study the 'Received:' time stamps in the full headers (Ctrl+F3). Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Sputnick" wrote in message news:97592C80-C985-4438-BCDB-CC7496B96986@microsoft.com... Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows l...

mails cannot been displayed in OWA, but outlook is OK
Hi there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, but it's ok if you use outlook. any idea please let me know! thanks On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:49 +0800, "johnosn" <zqs_163@hotmail.com> wrote: >there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, >but it's ok if you use outlook. >any idea please let me know! Are they able to log in to their mailboxes using OWA? Can they see anything in their Calendar, or Contacts? Use the EMC and find the mailbox. Is it a "User Mailbox"? With...

e-mail #23
The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay in my inbox - please help.How do i fix it? Ikechukwu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, > when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- > mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail > goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay...

Opening a form from a Pop-up
I have a pop-up form I have created so that instructors can double-click on a user number and a New Student form is supposed to open. I have done several pop-up boxes to open other forms and they all seem to work just fine. However, on this particular pop-up, when I double-click a number, I get the following error message "The specified field '[UserNumber]" could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement." I am using a query to draw the information and there is only one table being used in the query. When I check the SQL statemen...

server and client threads
I wanted to ping the group and see if anyone else has any input on how to handle the following. I have a server thread which starts a new background thread when a connection is accepted on a socket. What I want to understand is what is the best way to track the spawned threads so that when the user goes to shutdown the application, we know how many active child connections are running and we can terminate them prior to the application being stopped. TIA Chris On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:44:57 -0500, chris cranford <chris.cranford@tkdsoftware.com> wrote: >I wanted to ping the grou...

unable to send outbound mail using outlook
I've enabled the smtp virtual server on our new exchange server and have our domain's mx record pointed to it. I've redirected our clients to point from our ISP's mail server to ours, but outbound mail is not working. when i tried to telnet to our server and do a "mail from: " of a local account, it's saying invalid address. Is there a separate setting to enable using this SMTP virtual server for outgoing mails? -Jerry Sorry... my mistake. I simply enabled message relaying and it works now. "jerrydy" wrote: > I've enabled the smtp virtua...

Pop Up comment not popping up
All of the sudden my pop up comments stopped working. In fact my macros have errors and everything is wigging out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try? Thanks, Julie ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

&nbsp mail
I am receiving these huge mail files that clog up my mail server. What is &nbsp and how can I stop it? I can not add it the block sender list since there does not appear to be an actual sender of it. Dear Miles per Gallon, &nbsp is the HTML symbol for a non-breaking&nbspspace. (the text did NOT break at '&nbsp') &nbsp is the HTML symbol for a non-breaking space. (the text DID break at the space after non-breaking') Search Google for '&nbsp' for further info. I can tell that this was the wrong question - I wonder what the 'right' one...