Policies missing

Hello I am runnig Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I ran the system
analisys and it states that both the System and recipient policies are
missing. I have checked in the Exchange Manager and both are present. Any
ideas how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
JamesM (26)

"James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I am runnig Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I ran the system
> analisys and it states that both the System and recipient policies are
> missing. I have checked in the Exchange Manager and both are present. Any
> ideas how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What system analysis? ExBPA? What was the exact error/warning?

0
lanwench (7567)

Policy editor
Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> said this in news item news:#37#MnwiKHA.5248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? No, there isn't. There is a 4 MByte spreadsheet called "Policy Settings" that lists all policy settings so that you could apply them manually to the registry. It is included with the Small Business Server 2003 Admin Pack. If you cannot find a download location then I'm happy to upload it for you. On Jan 1, 1...

missing part of lines
Help!! I'm transferring spreadsheets from Excel2000 to 2003 & just noticed that when I print, any line with an underline or a double underline prints as if the row is too small, & the top part of letters & numbers in the line is chopped off. I can go to the row numbers & enlarge the size of the row, but it's hit or miss as to how it will look. This is serious stuff--I have a lot of clients' financial statements set up on templates like this. Am I going to have to reformat all of them??? Thanks for any insight--jw ...

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

Junk email policy?
Hi E2K3 sp2. Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 days? Or other ways to do it? Jordan Sure, just use mailbox manager and configure it for the 'Junk E-mail' folder (via custom folder). Then set it to delete message older then 30 days (ether hard delete or move to deleted items folder). Todd "Jordan" wrote in message news:bpkmu2p9p08lsbbmi7enpu138gfga58h28@4ax.com... > Hi > E2K3 sp2. > Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 > days? Or other ways to do it? > > Jordan Here is a step-by-step pro...

"Unread" posts missing
Hi there. We have recently migrated all our 5.5 Public Folders to a new exchange 2003 server. By the looks of it all went well apart from that a few of them shows less items than unread items.. 0 items 12 unread. Any advice on how to fix this would be really appreciated. Many Thanks Marcus ...

Receipient Policy
Sir, i required document to configure recipient Policy, at present all users given storage limit of 50 MB but i want to increase storage limit to 100 mb for specific users regards Sathish Kumar Hi Sathish, You can't use Recipient Policies to increase storage limits, I would recommend using a tool such as ADModify to do this, rather than individually modifying every user via ADUC. See here for the ADModify tool: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Let us know if you require assistance using this tool Regards -- Ben Hof...

missing downloaded transaction
I am using Money 2007 Deluxe. Today I downloaded transactions for 3 accounts, one of the account showed these transactions okay, but for the other two accounts, these downloaded transactions are no where to be seen under the account register. The weird thing is that it even says on the left column that there are xyz items to review. Any idea? In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >I am using Money 2007 Deluxe. Today I downloaded transactions for 3 >accounts, one of the account showed these transactions okay, but for >the other two accounts, these downloaded transactions are no ...

Mailbox management policy: runs only one of three policies
Hello all, An Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 server in a w2k domain environment. I have a few recipient policies defined (in System Manager -- Recipients -- Recipient Policies), each has its own priority. The Default Policy resides in the bottom of the list and has priority=Lowest. Three of the policies are Mailbox Management ones. The problem is, when the scheduled time comes, only the policy at the top of the list (priority=1) runs, but it runs three consecutive times during the time window. The other two never run, unless I move them up to the top of the list. Why does it behave ...

missing name box
Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? Only if the formula bar itself is not displayed (View, Formula bar). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John E. Kruskie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259d01c427d5$f62cb960$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left | portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? ...

Recipient Policy & E-mail Address
I have E2K3 with SP2. I created recipient policy that purges deleted messages older than 7 days. This has been working since I created it. 3 weeks ago I applied SP2. Could this be the reason? Is there any reason it does not work? Nothing was changed. Please help. We changed our domain name so I have a new e-mail address now. How can I update my e-mail address here in the forum? Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO Did you reapply the policiy? -- Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n MVP Exchange 2006 ---- "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681A16B7-9D3F-4FA...

Missing Contacts Folder
I am using Outlook 2003 with MS XP and am not on Exchange. I have several Contacts Folders that I use to separate my business contacts from personal contacts. For a long time the business contacts folder would vanish from the contacts screen. The only way for me to get it back would be to restart Outlook. I just installed the business contacts manager and now the folder that I used with my business contacts has disappeared and does not re-appear when I restart Outlook. I checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I also reviewed all my personal folders to be certain that it wasn...

Policy Listing
Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, along with their respective group policy settings and their values using powershell? Can you provide some pointers which might help develop such a ps script. would it be better if u logon to your PDC and performs export to html ? "Kruz" <Kruz@live.com> wrote in message news:um3kq1E7KHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, > along with their respective group policy settings and their values using > powershell? C...

local policy exception to group policy
Here's our situation: We're running SBS 2003 and I have the security policy of having the computers "lock" after 30 minutes, so to prevent unauthorized usage ~ we have many organizations and students wandering about. We just added a security system that's based on XP and I added the computer to our network, so staff can monitor alley ways and exits. Unfortunately, this computer now locks as well, defeating the purpose of a 24-7 monitor. Is there a way to create an exception to the local policy? Thanks! -- "I''m a IT administrator, Jim,...

Identify missing record numbers
Hello. I have a spreadsheet that is used to track unique tracking codes assigned to companies. I am looking for a way to easily identify codes (within a range of 0000-8000) that has not been assigned. I would greatly appreciate help. Thank you! 1. Re-create the codes from 0-8000 in A2:A8001 in another sheet (you can enter 1, 2, and then select them, grab the fill handle, and drag down). Put "Remaining Codes" in A1. 2. In B2 on the same sheet, put: =COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2) This assumes your range of codes is on Sheet2, col. A. 3. Fill the formula down. 4. Filter for 0 ...

Missing transactions in transaction account
I just found an interesting anomaly in Money 2004 Standard edition that I feel worth sharing. I found two transactions missing in a transaction report which was customized to show the current month's transactions for my checking account. After much playing around, changing categories, dates, payees, check numbers, etc., I found that after I cleared all the members of a classification, applying the change, then reselecting all members of the classification (which were selected to begin with), the transactions appeared in the report. I'm not sure why this happened. I had also t...

Missing Records in Linked Table
I'm running Access 2000 with a SQL 7 back end, using ODBC linked tables in an MDB file. The db is used by about 30 users on a LAN, and an additional 10 or so on a WAN. Recently, one of the WAN users complained of intermittently not being able to find certain customers in the customers table (contains around 40,000 records). There are specific "problem records" of customers that can't be found, and they all start with the letter "F" (the table has a numeric customer ID as its primary key). For these three or four customers that have been identified so far as ...

Policies
Hello, We are testing the use of Policy management framework and thus my manager has entrusted me to collect some sample policy ideas which can be implemented across the SQLServer enterprise. This is apart from the default policies that MS has shipped. The idea is that each team memver develops a policy and thus become familiar. I have thought about these : - no databases are created in C : drive - no new stored procedures should start with sp_ Does any one else have a list that they follow? If so, can you please share? TIA, AbbA Abba (sql_help@aaa.com) writes:...

Missing Sent messages
hello: My computer crahed and is now up, I lost my "sent messages" any way of getting them back? ...

Mail Merge Missing 08-17-07
I hope some one can help... I am missing the mail merge option in the activies tools bar. Contact>Actions>?(no mail merge function) Any Ideas on how to fix? Are you using the CRM Web Client or Outlook Client? The mail merge from this action menu is only available via the Outlook Client. For the CRM Web Client, you use the Send Mail function (button on the tool bar) Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Ali 123eDistribution.com" wrote: > I hope some one can help... I am missing the mail merge option in...

Zero is missing from imported file.
I import a comma separated value file into Excel 2003, on a regular basis. The file consists of eight columns, one of the columns is just telephone numbers, which all start with a Zero (I am based in the UK), when I import this file into Excel, then the first Zero is missing from all of the telephone numbers. Does anybody know how I could fix this please; I have tried search engines, but have had no luck. Can anyone help me please? Mel. If you want the cell to be treated as a number, but to show 11 digits (including the leading zero), format cell as 00000000000 If you want to treat t...

How to setup policy for Exchange/Outlook 2003
I'm looking for a way to have all messages in Outlook 2003 Sent Items folder auto delete after 30 days. I know a policy can be applied via mail retention policy for the entire information store, I'm just looking for a way to delete items after 30 days in Sent Items. -- ITJTR Take a look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html for a tutorial for Exchange 2000. It's the same for E2K3. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "ITJTR" wrote: > I'm looking for a way to have all messages in Outlook 2003 Sent Items folder > auto delete after 30 days. I know a policy c...

script to "apply this policy now" recipient policy
we have a number of organisations hosted by our AD, each organisation has their own email domain. at the moment recipient policys are given to mailbox stores, the intention is to move away from this as we will soon be hosting an extra 50 mail domains. the new recipient policys are given to UPN suffixes, however at times people move between organisations and when we change their OU and UPN suffix it does not change their email address, if we go into ESM and select "apply this policy now" on the recipient policy it will change their email address, trouble is the upkeep and i would ra...

Maximum number of recipient policies
We are talking to a company that hosts Microsoft Exchange. They currently host well over 1000 mail domains and bumped into a limit with the maximum number of recipient policies that Exchange supports. I couldn't find any document that talks about this limit. They get around the limit by not using recipient policies, instead they have an event sink that somehow solves the problem. Does anyone know anything about this limit? What event does their event sink hook into, and what does it do? I really need some help thanks... Regards Jonny I am not aware of any thing that discusses...

What does this policy do?
I administer an exchange 2000 server that has something besides the default policy in the recepient policies container. It must have been put there by my predecessor but I'm baffeled as to what it does. Can anyone decode the filter rules script for me? (&(mailNickname=*)(legacyExchangeDN=/O=Interrain Pacific/OU=INTERECO/*)) Cheers -Lex Looks like the policy that came across from Exchange 5.5 when you migrated from 5.5 to 2000. Do you still have Exchange 5.5 in the mix? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com &...

Windows Mail missing Emails
Hi I've just noticed all my emails earlier than November have gone. Does anyone know if theres any kind of autmatic archiving in Windows Mail? Thanks -- swintle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swintle's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162855.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1281087.htm http://forums.techarena.in There is no automatic archiving.=20 Make sure your view reflects "Show All Messages" rather than "Hide Read Messages". That setting is on a ...