PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3

All,

When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right
away saying:

Invalid Paramater '<servername>'

The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name

any help would be great!!

fasteddie

0
FastEddie

After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work...

thanks,

Fasteddie

"FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in
message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> All,
>
> When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right
> away saying:
>
> Invalid Paramater '<servername>'
>
> The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name
>
> any help would be great!!
>
> fasteddie

0
FastEddie

Retrieving Error Messages
I've happily been using Windows Mail for a few months but yesterday for no fathomable reason I became unable to send emails, although I can still receive them. I tried sending messages several times but they just sit in my outbox. When I open them and click send, nothing happens at all. Only once did an error message come up but I was on my way to a meeting and stupidly deleted it before copying it to get the problem sorted on here. I have not changed any settings, it still requires authentication and the details are correct. So my query is two-fold, can you either hel...

Error on saving Notes
I have again and again the case, that when I edited some Note and at the end want to close the window, that I get an error saying (paraphrasing from memory): "Error in messaging interface, The note will be closed and the changed content will be lost". Luckily at this point the alert offers a "cancel" button which allows me to keep the window open. I then copy the just edited note's content into a text editor and keep it there. Then I close the Note window (whose content is indeed lost). I close and reopen Outlook and then create the note again (or change its cont...

offending command error pp_clip pdf files
I can't get a pdf file created to save my life out of publisher... I've used both Adobe distiller and pdf995, and both give me "error: undefined; offending command: pp_clip" HELP! Send the file to me and let me see if I can recreate it. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pstough" <pstough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0256F5B-79D6-4B0E-888F-705755D4830F@microsoft.com... >I can't get a pdf file created to save my life out of publisher... I've >used > both Adobe d...

runtime error 91 timeout
When processing transactions in Store Operations POS, we are getting a runtime error 91 - timeout message - happens sporadically. It shuts down Store Ops POS and loses the transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of like the connection to the database is timing out...maybe?? Is your database on the same machine, or is it on another machine? Anything common about the times when it has occurred? eg the computer been on standby then woken up, or it had been sitting idle for a long time...anything you can think of... "Greg Williams" wrote: > When processing...

IE7 and Excel marco "file error: data may have been lost" + "571212 application defined or object defined error"
Since i installed IE7 on one of the clients i cant open a certain excel file which includes some macro's. I can open this excel-file on every other pc without problems. The file contains some buttons which activate some macro's. After i open the file on the client with IE7 installed i receive the error 'file error: data may have been lost' after i click OK I receive the message 'runtime error 57121: application-defined or object defined-error' Does anyone know what may cause this problem? Joshua Does nobody has an idea?:-( BTW i'm using Excel 2000 and the client...

Outlook error Office2003 error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C9D7C9.6DEF2FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi. Staring get realy tierd of Office 2003 crash. In the event view, the following message appears: "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3, = faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.8172.0, stamp 46771b00, debug? 0, = fault address 0x0006b92a. For more information, see Help and Support Center at = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp" My office is up to d...

Jetstress "Change signature has an error" error message
Hello, when I am starting the Jetstress test, I am getting the error message : 1/3/2007 4:44:59 PM -- Validating input parameters, it may take a few minutes... 1/3/2007 4:44:59 PM -- Attaching databases ... (it may take a few minutes if the databases are in dirty shutdown state) 1/3/2007 4:45:04 PM -- Change signature has an error: Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.Interop.JetInteropException: JetInit: 0xFFFFFB40 at Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.Interop.JetInterop.ChangeSignatures(String[] databaseNames, String logFilePath, Boolean tryRecovery) at Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.MainForm.changeJ...

Out of memory error
I upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. The access program that I was developing now has a fault which displays the message "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unnecessary programs ....." Needless to say there are no other programs running on my pentium 3 with 256 k of memory. May be I do have a minimum machine but the point is I have to attribute the problem to the upgrade. The problem occurs every time on openning most forms. I have read article 823332 relating to a hot fix for access 2002. Should I be looking for a fix or should I be dicar...

Link error LNK2001
Hi, I received the following link error when a MFC project is linked with the non-MFC library. Does anyone know what could be causing this? EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetExpiration(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?SetExpiration@GroupUser@@UAEXV?$basic_ string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetSerial...

Outlook 2007 persistent error LCID 1033
Ever since I installed Office Ultimate 2007 on my Vista Ultimate system Outlook frequently stops working or stops working temporarily. On every occasion a report is sent to Microsoft but as yet I am unaware of a solution. Can anyone please offer a solution to the following error message? Description Microsoft Office Outlook had an unexpected error. It was not critical so you were not interrupted when the problem occurred. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12AssertTimer Problem Signature 01: p1ml Problem Signature 02: 12.0.4518.0 Problem Signature 03: 5 Problem Signatur...

error message.
i have money 2000. when i called ms they told me this is an obsolete product and would not give support. when i click on balance my accounts, the 4 accounts i have are listed. then when i click on any of the accounts i get the following message in the error box: MSMoney caused an invalid Page Fault in Module MNYOB99.DLL at 0167:105dOb5f. i reinstalled and rebooted but no help. i am stumped. can i upgrade to MSMoney 2004 and then they will give me support? confused in ohio. dr. bob In microsoft.public.money, dr. bob wrote: >i have money 2000. when i called ms they told me this i...

error -2147417848
Hi All, I'm getting that error every time when try to get item properties. It says: " Runtime error '-2147417848 (80010108)' Automation Error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. " Does anyone know what that ? Thanks, Arthur ...

Server error in aplication
If I start the CRM 3.0 website, the following error appears (it is Dutch, I'll add an Enlish description below): =================================================== Serverfout in toepassing /. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuratiefout Beschrijving: Er is een fout opgetreden tijdens het verwerken van een configuratiebestand dat vereist is om aan deze aanvraag te voldoen. Raadpleeg de hieronder weergegeven details van deze fout en pas uw configuratiebestand overeenkomstig aan. Parser-foutbericht: Kan de bestands- of assembly-na...

Error 2061 8004090a
I have an Exchange 2003 SP1 environment with 3 servers. On our primary mail server, I am receiving Event ID 2061, Process WMIPRVSE.EXE -EMBEDDING (PID=3676). An LDAP search call failed - Server=Forest Domain Controller Error code=8004090a. Base DN=<GUID=23212859-AECB-4A1D-B1BD-183CFDFD036F>, Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0. The only help I have found on this error is this Exchange 2000 doc, which a SP was suppost to resolve. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309175 Does anyone have any ideas for me? The Exchange server is in the same child domain as the DC...

Outward Mail Error
--Sending mail using BCM contacts and receiving error message..sending reported error (0x80070057)'could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are invalid' Outlook will accept pure email address but won't accept "display as" format. can anybody help Rod Auton ...

Error 3167 Record is deleted
Error 3167 Record is deleted And Sometimes the main entry form displays a record in the form where all fields are "#Delete" Why do we get this error sometimes (about 2 times a week)? It happens from different users and on different workstations. Also in this application no records are ever deleted and would be difficult for a user to delete a record Environment: Access 2003 (converted from Access 97) XP workstations, jet 4 with SP 2 Split into Front and Back end, both mdb's Large databases, FE, 39m, BE, 140m The main table has a large record length but the system functioned fin...

Reconnect Method Error !! Please Help!!!
Hi all!!! I am trying to reconnect a mailbox to a new user. I am following this script from Microsoft: ------------------------------------------------------- Dim cCOmputerName Dim cDisconnectedMbox Dim cConnectTo Dim objWMIService Dim oDisMbox Dim mBox Const cWMINameSpace = "root/MicrosoftExchangeV2" Const cWMIInstance = "Exchange_Mailbox" cComputerName = "EXCH2K3" cDisconnectedMbox = "forwarder2" cConnectTo = "forwarder2" strWinMgmts = "winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!//"& _ cComputerName&"/"&cWMINa...

ol2000 error
anyone can help me regarding the error i encountered while opening outlook 2000..i cant use my outlook cause of this error. "invalid pagefault in module outllib.dll at 017F:3a45bea4" what i gonna do so i can work with my outlook? You could try the Detect/Repair option , from the origonal installation discs David "wowie" <wowe_b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:065b01c358ae$575cd000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > anyone can help me regarding the error i encountered while > opening outlook 2000..i cant use my outlook cause of this > error. > "invalid pagefau...

Help!! Re-enabling disabled account getting SID error
Hello, I disabled a user's account two days ago. Now, I need to re-enable it. I did that in AD MMC on the Exchange box, but when I start Outlook on the workstation, it tells me Outlook can't find the set of folders and it just exits. Tried OWA and the same thing is happening... can't login. I check the event logs on the Exchange server and they say: ErrorID 9548: Disabled user /o=org/ou=domain/cn-recipients/cn-user.name does not have a master account SID. Please use the Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. The second error i...

using error messages
Do you think an entire application (or at least each class) should have a 'final' try-catch block setup for any unexpected errors that could occur? If so, how would you set this up? Would you 'throw' the errors to the final exception block? If not can you tell me why you would not have a final try-catch block? On 13-06-2010 21:56, aaron wrote: > Do you think an entire application (or at least each class) should have a > 'final' try-catch block setup for any unexpected errors that could occur? Application : yes Each class : no Many (read: most...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #3
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

You are attempting to create a user with a domain logon that does
Every time i try to create new user in the CRM i get the following Error message "You are attempting to vreate a user with a domain logon that does not exist. Select another domain logon and try again" thank you all. NFR, At the risk of stating the obvious, did you check that the user account exists in AD and that you used the DOMAIN\username format to identify the user? -- - Dan Blake "NFR" wrote: > Every time i try to create new user in the CRM i get the following Error > message > "You are attempting to vreate a user with a domain logon that does...

#Name? error after opening file
When I go to open an excel workbook that has links to another workbook (that I don't have), for months I can open the workbook and say no to updating the links, and the last values updated remain. Months later, I try to do the same thing. When the prompt to update links appears, I can see on the screen the last #s updated. After I say no to updating all the links change to #Name? errors. What is the problem? Hi have you upgraded your Excel version? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany KMiles wrote: > When I go to open an excel workbook that has links to another > workbo...

Address Book View Rebuild on EX 5.5 #2
Can anyone out there point me at notes on how to rebuild Address Book View on Exchange 5.5 ,been looking without success, thanks ...

Errors and log
Outlook 2000 After it's idle for a minute or two i get an error: Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated. Any ideas what to do about this? Also, where is the error log so I can check it and see what it says. I've look for it but haven't found it. Thanks. ...