PFMigrate and removal of last 5.5 Server

I setup a new 2003 server in a new AD with trust to the NT domain.  I
then created a new Exchange 2003 server in Co-Existance with the 5.5
server.  I am preparing to remove my last/only 5.5 server.

I used pfmigrate to replicate/move the folders to my 2003 server.  The
old server is currently off and has been off for a few weeks now.  The
replication setup is still there and building in size..not an issue as
far as I am concerned.

Here is my question.  Do I have to bring up the old server to use
PFMigrate to delete the pub folders on the old server before I remove
the server from my co-existance.  Or can I just stop the replication
and remove the server without any issues.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

removing objects..!
hi all.! i have copied a column of data from a website and pasted it into an excel sheet..! the problem is one of the cell is containing an object, something like a text box may be a "radio button" while copying from the website..! i tried my best to remove that object but could not succeed..! any help, please..! -via135 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/201003/1 Could you use a short macro like: Sub RemoveShapes For Each sh In ActiveSheet.Shapes sh.Delete Next End Sub -- Best Regards...

Outlook Express removes all access to email attachments
Hello, I have Windows 98 and have recently updated the system with all patches from Microsoft. I have Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6. Does anyone know if IE and OE have incompatibilites with Windows 98. Or does anyone know if any of the security patches could have casued OE to remove the access to the attachments? Any settings I should look at.... Regards, Chris Chris, Try looking on Microsoft's web site under "Support", "Knowledgebase". Internet Explorer Service Pack 1 "patched" the problem of executable files spreading viruses ...

Remove Web stuff
I've a macro that used to remove extra-aneous rubbish from copy and pasted web pages, but now there are more objects which remain. These are embedded forms and pictures. I don't know how I should refer to them to delete them. Sub DelWebstuff() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' ' On Error Resume Next ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Delete ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Delete ActiveSheet.Shapes.SelectAll Selection.Delete On Error GoTo 0 End Sub Any ideas please? If you use this one Dennis is it OK then ? Sub Shapes1() 'Delete all Objects except Comments...

Servers
when setting up my account for outlook it asks for the outgoing server and the incoming server. What do I put in that box for an answer. Thanks From info in your posting's header I think you're using Verizon as your ISP. If that's true, see if the info here helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010962761033.aspx "Lin" <Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652F4508-60E5-4C94-B535-ECED594E60A2@microsoft.com... > when setting up my account for outlook it asks for the outgoing server and > the incoming server. What do I put in ...

Excel 2002 on a Terminal Server 2003
My users have an issue in Microsoft Excel 2002 while connected to a Terminal Server 2003. About 80% of the time when they copy and paste in a spreadsheet they get a message "cannot empty the clipboard" I have tried everything and looked everywhere, but cannot find a fix. I found a hotfix from Microsoft w/ the exact same symptoms but it only applies to Office 2003, therefore the Microsoft techs DO NOT recommend this. The article is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;840872. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Hi in the Terminal Server Configura...

Printing #5
Hi, i'm new to MFC and i have totally no idea on how to do the following 1) How do i select printer to print if i don't want to use the default printer by hard coding? 2) How do i sent chars directly to the printer to print? Really appreciate if someone can help and pls try to include sample code. Thank you in advance. Hi Don, I don't know if you have noticed but most books seem to ignore this subject (I wounder why :-)) ). Anyway you will find some sample code here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-P/printing/ M "Don Lee" <donleehk@singnet.com.sg&g...

Can't Remove Calendar Filter
Is Outlook the lamest software ever made?? I did a search on my Calendar in Outlook 03 and it filtered the calendar for the results. I closed Outlook without first clicking Clear. Now, going back into Outlook, it says "(Filter Applied)" at the top; but the Clear button is grayed out. So I can't remove the filter! And there's no "Remove Filter" option on the menus. So it's so confused, it doesn't even know that it's filtering the calendar, even though it says "(Filter Applied)" at the top! How lame is that? so I tried doing a search withi...

remove server license
hi, i have a customer who has a wrongly entered server license. The correct one is now entered so he now has 2 server licenses. I want to remove the wrong one but can't see a way to do this....any ideas? If i click new or upgrade license the 2 licenses don't appear in the dialogue list box in order to be removed. -- regards, Mark Hi Mark, It's not obvious, but what you have to do is replace the account in Deployment Manager. Here are the steps to take: 1. Disable account in CRM: On the Web Client in Microsoft CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Users...

Remove birthdays from calendar
I imported a lot of contacts from a database that contains birthdate information. By default, the birthdays of each contact appears in my Outlook calendar. Is there any way of removing all the birthday notifications? There are hundreds of contacts, and manually removing the birthday notice is tedious. Tom <tomjohnson1492@gmail.com> wrote: > I imported a lot of contacts from a database that contains birthdate > information. By default, the birthdays of each contact appears in my > Outlook calendar. Is there any way of removing all the birthday > notifications? There are hun...

Sharing File on server
Is it possible to have a network use the same file at the same time and all changes saved to the 1 file. I am writing a database so 7 people can use it at my workplace but the problem is that if only 1 person can access it at a certain time I will have to rethink my stratergy. Thanks Greg You can share workbooks, but there are limitations. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/workbook_sharing_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "browie" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:dello7$8r2$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is it possi...

CRM Outlook client on Terminal Server
On a terminal server the CRM Outlook client is installed, following the steps and scripts of MS. Now all the users of the Terminal Server get the CRM Outlook client, while not every user is a CRM users. This is probably the cause of stalling the outlook client at startup. Is there a way to make a difference between CRM users and standard domain users on the Terminal Server, so only the CRM users will have the outlook client available?? Not sure why that happened. When I did my install, I just installed it under Admin and then ran the scripts for each user individually that was a CR...

Change Mail Server in Outlook
I just installed Outlook. When going through the wizard, I said that I use exchange server. Well, that isn't the case. I am using POP mail. Now, every time I open Outlook it tries to connect to an exchange server that doesn't exist. It throws an error and closes. I know how to change the mail server if I could get to the Tools menu, but I can't get Outlook to open. Any ideas? Thanks! With OL closed, use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel "mattyk008" <mattyk008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1F5F84C-DFD4-4D54-850C-2C085FE7E15C@microsoft.c...

pfMigrate question #2
Hi Exchange Engineer WW, I need to move PF from old E2K to new E2K server. I plan to use pfMigrate as for me, this is quiet easy than using standard rehome PF in ESM. My question is: 1. Can we use pfMigrate to migrate Source (E2K) to Target (E2K) ? I know its supported for E2K but not sure if E2K to E2K can be done. 2. I understand the needs of having Exchange 2003 SP1 running in organization. Currently we only have 3 nodes cluster Exchange 2003 SP1 but this server does not serve Public Folder. I tried pfmigrate.wsf and get an error which I think pfmigrate.wsf could not run without Ex...

don't know POP3 server name
don't know POP3 server name or the the other server name to set my new account up so i can reply to craigs list ads. cheryl And we don't know who your account is with to give you any help . . . . . . "Cheryl Mueller" <msoe@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u#OPGnjnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > don't know POP3 server name or the the other server name to set my new > account up so i can reply to craigs list ads. > cheryl > Cheryl Call your ISP and they will give you all the needed info. They will also walk you through to ...

How to remove the windows xp service pack 2?
Please help! review microsoft KB article 875350 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350&product=windowsxpsp2 Arni "ANO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<970301c48644$73bf6e00$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > Please help! ...

Sending from ssecond domain....virtual server?
***Question: I have exchange 2k3 with 2 domains setup, 123.com & abc.com. My default domain is 123.com, I want to be able to send and receive as abc.com as well. I cannot find this info nowhere. Answer: You can enable that in the Service Mgr by adding in a second Virtual SMTP server Does the above really work? I was under the impression you can only SEND from a primary email address and that to configure a second domain to be able to send from it as well you have to either make 2 mailboxes or fake a smtp account. Is there a simplier way to have outlook users send from muliple outgo...

[Question] how to change remove a configuration in Custom AppWizard?
I am developing a custom AppWizard in Visual Studio 6.0 Currently, I am trying to generate a new configuration and delete old one. But I found that there is only AddConfiguration method. There is no RemoveConfiguration or DeleteConfiguration things. Anybody knows how to change the name of current configuration or delete one? Joel Kim ...

Edit PivotTable by removing Sales Button from ROW area?
How do I edit the layout of the PivotTable by removing the Sales Representative Button from the ROW area? You can right-click on the Sales Rep button, and choose Hide. eholt1941 wrote: > How do I edit the layout of the PivotTable by removing the Sales > Representative Button from the ROW area? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Drop down menus #5
Can somebody please remind me how to add a drop down menu to a cell - somebody kindly told me before but I've mislaid the paper I printed off!! Thanks David Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DavidLilley" <david@lilley1256.fsnet.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjjv78$voi$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... > Can somebody please remind me how to add a drop down menu to a cell - > somebody kindly told me before but I've mislaid the paper I printed off!! > > Thanks > > David > > ...

Unable to find email server
Hello, One of the computers on the LAN gets the following error: 'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D): 'Unable to find e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account' The Internet Explorer is also unable to connect to the Internet. Any suggestions? Thanks, Lee It sounds like the network connection isn't working. Have you verified the network card, cable, port, and router are all OK? This doesn't sound like just an Outlook problem. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you c...

Removing exchange...
Hi all.. I installed Exchange 2003 to test my VB application. I tried to remove exchange and got a message saying there are users with mailboxes which is not true... (I removed two users which I added for my tests). How do uninstall it? TIA Guy You probably forget to remove mailbox on your admin account Nebojsa Seslija "Guy Cohen" <rita_zohar@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message news:%23dvTbN%23aFHA.1600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all.. > I installed Exchange 2003 to test my VB application. > I tried to remove exchange and got a message saying there are us...

Removing Blank Rows
Hello All Having trouble finding a way to remove blank row on a spread sheet this is what i need i hav a sheet like this 546 6574 7484 748589 4845845 9494 484894 93483 3483894 4384 34873 Well i need to find a way to remove the empty rows, seem like it should be easy but can't seem to get it Thanks for any help Scott One simple way is to sort and delete wholesale or use a macro (search archives for this OFTEN ask...

using PFMigrator
Migrating from 5.5 to 2003, with multiple admin groups. I have replicated the public folders and then deleted them. Do I need to also do the same for all the System Folders in each admin group? You will want to make new replicas of the Schedule+ Free Busy child folders, and the Organizational Forms Library folders if you have them, but the rest don't matter or will be created automatically. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Stimpson" <johnstimpson@tupperware.com> wrote in message news:ekZIBJcpGHA.4996...

task pane #5
Tried Tools-Option-View- Uncheck startup task pane in both Excel and Word. Still is there when I open my file. Saved it and closed it after doing these things and still there. HELP -- Diane @ SPSCA 1. first close the task pane 2. then do the Tools > Option > , etc. 3. then close Excel with File > Exit This should solve your Task "pains" -- Gary's Student "Diane" wrote: > Tried Tools-Option-View- Uncheck startup task pane in both Excel and Word. > Still is there when I open my file. Saved it and closed it after doing these > things and s...

Remove format link?
Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier? Help just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. ...