Personal Distribution List

Hello All:

Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List
(the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003?

Thanks.

0
ocean

no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need to
send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the "bcc:"
field line to address it...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

<ocean> wrote in message news:%23LmbXe2AHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello All:
>
> Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List
> (the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003?
>
> Thanks.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/8/2006 7:28:27 PM
Thanks Susan, is it possible to hide Exchange 2003 distribution list
membership?

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need to
> send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the
> "bcc:" field line to address it...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <ocean> wrote in message news:%23LmbXe2AHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution List
>> (the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
ocean
11/8/2006 8:11:44 PM
I believe if your AD 2003 and Exchange 2003 are running in native mode, you
can do this...see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253827/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

<ocean> wrote in message news:umrEeI3AHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Susan, is it possible to hide Exchange 2003 distribution list
> membership?
>

> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need to
>> send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the
>> "bcc:" field line to address it...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> <ocean> wrote in message news:%23LmbXe2AHHA.4348@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello All:
>>>
>>> Is it possible to hide the membership from the Personal Distribution
>>> List (the one setup in Outlook Contacts folder) in Outlook 2003?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/8/2006 8:18:42 PM
Thanks Susan.
>I believe if your AD 2003 and Exchange 2003 are running in native mode, you
>can do this...see this:

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <ocean> wrote in message news:umrEeI3AHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Thanks Susan, is it possible to hide Exchange 2003 distribution list
>> membership?
>>

>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> no, because AD/Exchange doesn't really recognize the PDL...if you need
>>> to send email to a PDL and not have anyone know who it went to, use the
>>> "bcc:" field line to address it...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]

0
ocean

Distribution List Question #2
We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this, however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Thanks! Chris On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64" <RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We ar...

saving and distributing a customized desktop
If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other workstations so that they are set up the same way? I get calls all day from our users asking that I customizes their outlook to include some of the modifications I've made to my desk. We have Exchange Server and Outlook 2003 SP2. "Herb Segal" <herb@endlar.com> wrote in message news:Olsb5oBpKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If there a way to customize one desktop and then copy the file to the other > workstations so that they are set up the same way? > > I get c...

Help needed converting list.
I have a single column list that is 700+ rows long. Individual items within the list can appear several times in the list. I want to convert this to a list where each item only appears once with the sum of the number of times it occurred in the original list in an adjacent column. How can I do this? Sub getuniquecount() 'get unique names for list lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Range(Cells(1, "d"), Cells(lr, "e")).ClearContents Range("A2:A" & lr).AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CopyToRange:=Range("D2"), Unique:...

Add record and update List
This message has two questions: When I click my command button (Code Below) I need it to open the form in ADD mode but still linked to the Parent form as it is doing now. Second, that Parent form has a list box that needs to be updated when the record is added. Suggestions?? This is the command button form: Private Sub cmdProvADD_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdProvADD_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "f_ProvDetail" stLinkCriteria = "[ICNNo]=" & "'" & Me![ICNNo] & "'" ...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

How keep date format from excel to merged list
Date format changes from eg 27 Feb 06 to 2/27/2006 when I merge from excel to a list in a table. How keep my preferred format? using word's mailmerge you need to change that in word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx#field%20codes or use text dates in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Cyrus" <Cyrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F81CB6-B21D-47D9-9C42-942F7B85F9FF@microsoft.com... > Date format changes from eg ...

ComboBoxEx and image list
Hello, Why does the following code doesn't work? I create compatible device context and select a bitmap into it. Then I draw a small rectangle filled with the specified color. But when I try to add this bitmap to comboboxex imagelist I get only black rect. OnInitDIalog() { // initialize color combo box CDC * m_plotdc = GetDC(); m_colorimglist.Create(10, 10, ILC_COLOR8, 9, 1); CDC* tmpdc = new CDC; tmpdc->CreateCompatibleDC(m_plotdc); CBitmap* bmp = new CBitmap; bmp->CreateCompatibleBitmap(m_plotdc, 10, 10); tmpdc->SelectObject(bmp); ...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

One group can't send to distribution list that is locked down
I've got one group that cannot send to a distribution group even though the have the correct rights to send to that group. E2k3 sp2 with all the latest fixes and server2k3 sp1 with all fixes. This setup has been working fine for a year and just started bombing on me with NDR's stating You do not have permission to send to this recipient. No changes to group membership, scope or type have happened to either group in quite some time. ANyone seen this happen before? bouncing the system attendant got it fixed. "knightly" wrote: > I've got one group that cannot sen...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro
Hi, can any please advise me why on opening Excel 2000 on my works PC I ge two files opening i.e. PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro as opposed to only one i.e. PERSONAL.XLS on my home PC. Is it safe to delete the PERSONAL.XLS.pro and if so how ? Many thanks Ro -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26452 I've never heard of THAT file. It sounds to me lik...

where do I find a shortcut lists for international characters
Is there a quick printout I can access in order to use spanish characters in my typing without having to do lots of special set ups? At my school we use a software satelite service and accessing the control panels and such is a non-existing concept for me. I am using Office 2003 Publisher. Insert, symbol List here http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/spanish.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Spaish Teacher" <The Spaish Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

personal folder
Hi, I have upgraded my machine with Office XP Professional from Office 2000, everything is okey except personal folder all my inbox, sent items have not been retained. Please help!!!! ...

2004 Business -> 2004 personal
I had been using Money 2004 Business version to track my personal expenses. Will Money 2004 personal read the file or backup file? and if so will there be lost accounts or bank information? -- Parley D. Kennelly Southern California Realtor´┐Ż Yes Personal will always read a Business file (from the same geographic region). You will get warnings about lost functionality, but it is only the business functionality that is lost. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see ...

Move transaction to another person
A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to the proper customer. OR is it simpler to refund and resale! I have several of these to do unfortunately... Thanks Dan We return and resell. The downside is that it messes with the sale dates. "Dan-902" wrote: > A cashier rung in a transaction under the wrong customer. Since we have > warranty for these items - would like to be able to sql the transaction # to > the proper customer. OR is it simple...

Contact List Disappeared!
I'm using Outlook Express 6. Opened the program and tried to find an address in the contact list, and lo and behold, the whole list is gone. Just gone. Any idea where it might be stored? Have no idea WHY it disappeared, either. If this group doesn't address Express, can someone point me to the right group? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news gr...

Why unhide personal.xls to modify a macro
Many tutorials state that to create or modify a macro in the personal.xls workbook it needs to be unhidden. I seem to be able to view and modify such a macro when it is hidden. Why the apparant discrepancy? I am using Excel 2002. I an confused. Brian Tozer There would be no reason to unhide the workbook. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs24th$nc1$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Many tutorials state that to create or modify a macro in the personal.xls > workbook it needs to be unhidden. > I seem to be able to view and modify such a macr...

Personal folders within personal folders
Office xp pro Hi! I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i cant delete or remove the top set. How do i get rid of the first set of folders? regards Alec. If this is Outlook XP which I assume it is. Here's what you do. Right click on the PERSONAL FOLDERS that you do not need and choose CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS from the pull-down menu. This will remove it from your Folder list. David G. >-----Original Message----- >Office xp pro >Hi! > I have 2 seets of personal folders,the secound set is the one i use, but i >cant delete or remove the...

Personal Distribution List client limits
I've got a user who has created quite a few Personal Distribution lists in her Outlook 2003 Contacts. A few of the lists are over the 128 user limit so she's getting the "Out of Exchange Memory" errors when attempting to edit them. We've been able to export her Contacts to a .PST and sucessfully open the DL. We've also been able to import it into another user's Contacts and they can open the list without problem. Is the Personal Distribution list limit mailbox-specific or DL specific? In other words, If a user has many small DL's, will they get the e...

Smart List V9.0 HR Vacation & Sick Time
With Version 9.0 When you Use HR to Accrue Vacation & Sick time it is no longer available in smart list this was very useful we would like it added in to smart list. -- Thank You Carol2006 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...