Permitting relaying to specific domain

Platform:

Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2.

I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary
e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not
able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this
address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the
relay error 550.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

0
jbisono (25)

Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow
messages to be relayed to this domains".

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)

Extending CRM to another domain
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2, and our parent co in the UK and Spain want access to our instance. Our domains are not connected through a trust, nor do we actually have a physical connection to get that working. My first thought was to use either VPN or terminal services to get these users going after creating AD accounts for the US domain and giving them a CRM license. Though the issue then becomes they have two email accounts to manage, and so on. Is there a suggested method to get this to work, or am I looking at a situation where it would be more headaches than it's worth? ...

Must Enter domain name on OWA 2003 Front End?
I noticed two things happen if you do *not* use your domain name when you log onto the OWA 2003 Front End server: 1. When you use the Logout button you get a prompt for your username and password again 2. When you try to open a link within an email message you are prompted for your username and password, and then you must use your domain\username or else the link will never open. Q. Is this because our Internet Mail domain name and our AD domain name are different? I thought the instructions from Microsoft said you could set a default domain, but the options were only for my email domain...

relay denied
i am continuing to get delivery failure notices that state "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed" i can't send emails to anyone. is there a quick fix to this? Where ever you're sending mail from does not allow relaying. Are you at work or some other location trying to use your personal email account maybe? CT >-----Original Message----- >i am continuing to get delivery failure notices that >state "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed" > >i can't send emails to anyone. is there a quick fix to >this? >. > The IP Lookup...

administer Exchange from another domain
I tried to administer an Exchange 2003 Server from another domain in the forest. I installed Exchange Management Tools , I delegated the role Full Administrator for that account, but I didn't work. I mention the computer is a Windows 2003 Server, in fact is the domain controller for that domain. What can I do? Adrian ...

Relay not permitted [WildPacket]
This one company when they send e-mail to us it bounces back on them with the following error message smtp; 550 relay not permitted and it also shows them an IP address 199.166.210.101 with some Golden triangle name. The IP resolves to back-mx.golden.net. Where could the problem be? Every body else can send us mail no issues, its only this one domain. Advise please. Thank you The problem could be in their DNS server. Compare 199.166.210.101 with your MX(s). Get their admin troubleshoot the problem with NSLOOKUP -type=mx your.domain.tld WILDPACKET wrote: > This one company when t...

Activities in Specific Folders
In Outlook 2003 I want to be able to search e-mails in the activites tab of contacts. However I have thousands of saved spams (for the purpose of training Spam Bayes). Is there a way to tell Outlook to only search for activites in my "Legit Mail" folder and not waste time searching through spam? ...

Attachment Disappear in Email from specific address
Hello, I have problem with one of my email that I got occasionally. This Email contains regular PDF attachment (Without Password). For some reason the size of the email is 1000KB, but there no indicate for the PDF file inside the email! When I forward this email from my outlook to my Gmail I got it right (With the PDF file)! So, when I forward it back from my Gmail to my outlook, then I can see the disappearing PDF file! I'm using Exchange 2007 on sbs2008. Before the upgrade from sbs2003 everything works fine. By the way, I try to check if I can see the PDF from the OWA and ...

prevent relaying
hello, I have an exchange 2003 server and I want to make sure I configure it to not allow relaying. I did a test to see if relaying was allowed and it returned the message " 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user2@domain2.com" I was expecting to see "550 Relaying is prohibited" are these two the same? If not how do I remedy this in exchange 2003. thanks pete they're the same. "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB450A5-78D1-4EC9-81BC-28AE7E04B4E4@microsoft.com... > hello, > > I have an exchange 2003 server and ...

not permitted to relay???
I have windows 2003, exchange 2003, sp1 and i have a problem with this domain (andinanet.net) that in some cases show the next message: ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- palban@ciudadceleste.com (reason: 550-srv8.andinanet.net [200.107.9.10] is currently not permitted to relay) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to ciudadceleste.com.: DATA 550-srv8.andinanet.net [200.107.9.10] is currently not permitted to relay 550-through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server 550-in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP ...

finding specific day in range
I am OK with some Adv Beg excel techniques. But I am not sure how to get the next step done. I do a monthly schedule in grid format in excel, names down the left (A-column), and Dates across the top(row-2). I have set up a template to auto fill the date each time I enter the new date for the month in the cell A1 range "DAY" is C2 to AG2. This starts at C2 with "=A1" then in C3 "=(c2+1)". This is formated to show text days of the week "ddd". In the lower rows for each person a letter is used to indicate where they are to work for this day. Some letters ar...

Undeliverable: Relaying not permitted to....
Using our office network, one of our computers with Outlook 2002 will bounce back attempted 'Reply' or 'Forward To' emails that have first been received from computers using Outlook 2000. When trying to send, from the System Administrator we get "Undeliverable: Relaying not permitted to". Emails from the outside or from other XP computers in the office are able to be replyed to normally. Any ideas? On 10/21/2003 7:19 PM, Curt wrote: > Using our office network, one of our computers with > Outlook 2002 will bounce back attempted 'Reply' Y...

Stop Ex2K from being used as a mail relay.
I think my Ex2K server is being used as a mail replay. I see undelivery messages in my admin mailbox which no one sent. How do I configure Ex2k to stop this? Any directions would be appreciated. see Mark Fugatt's article here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html Gyula Karakas orf support www.vamsoft.com/orf "Steve Louie" <sclouie27@yahoo.com> wrote > I think my Ex2K server is being used as a mail replay. I see undelivery messages in my admin mailbox which no one sent. How do I configure Ex2k to stop this? ...

why an Outlook rule for a specific word in the subject, does not always work
Hello, I want to forward incoming messages with this subject line: SSI/ALERT: SHIFT AVAILABLE So I create a rule to apply to messages in Inbox, after the message arrives, with "AVAILABLE" in the subject, forward to another e-mail address. Pretty simple. The problem is, of course, DOES NOT WORK!!? That is, it works for 1 or 2 messages after I turn the rule on, and then stops working. If I change the phrase I am looking for, say use "SHIFT AVAILABLE", again it works only sometimes, usually works at first, then stops. Why oh why ? I must be doing it right since it wo...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

Relay is prohibited
Hello I'am using NT4 Server SP6, Exchange 5.5 with SP4 and I setup the SMTP server to prevent relaying. The user in my domain can send/receive messages within the domain, can receive e-mail from external domains, but cannot send e-mails to external domains. The error is "SMTP Server: Relaying is prohibited". I tried several configuration on "Routing Restrictions" but anyone doesn't work. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance! Dinu Ghiuro Check your authentication tabs There should be an area for a check box to allow users to relay when propoerly authenticated ...

Relaying. I know you've said it all before...
I have been trying to secure my Exchange 5.5 (SP4, all security updates and patches I can find) box from relaying spam, and I have performed the operations listed in several q articles and NG posttings such as "Reroute incoming SMTP Mail" and specifying only those domains for which I would like to handle mail, and clicking the checkbox which says "hosts that can reroute mail with this IP address" and not specifying any IP Addresses. I can run several tests using the tests at http://www.spa-mail.com/cgi- bin/relaytest-e.exe? and most of the tests come back with relayi...

Hard to explain, but specific e-mail causing problems for my clien
I don't know how to explain this or label it, but let me do my best. This week, about half my users are experiencing weird errors with Outlook when they first get in. What happens is that their Outlook stops responding when they check their email and it only happens when they first get in in the morning. I've been trying to figure out what is going on and it has been difficult. However, I might have found something that could be causing the problems. We are a mortgage company and every morning, a person in our operations department sends out 3 Rate sheets in .pdf format. They ...

inetinfo.exe uses 100% of CPU on 2000 server that is relaying to Exchange.
Everything I try to lookup about this problem talks about it on a server running Exchange 2000. We have Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 and that server is running fine. We are using a server running 2000 on the DMZ to smtp relay to Exchange through iMail. Thanks in advance! When I've seen that problem it was caused by a bad version of the antivirus software on the server. Putting an Exchange server in a DMZ is a foolish idea. It essentially militarizes your demilitarized zone because of the number of ports you have to open between it and the intranet. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &qu...

select specific historical records
Sample list of records: DATE LAST_NM FIRST_NM INT_ID OTHER 1) 20070301 DOE JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 2) 20061102 DOE JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 3) 20060713 SMITH JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 4) 20060322 SMITH JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 5) 20050916 DOE JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 6) 20050427 DOE JANE 12345 XXXXXXX 7) 19990609 DOE JANE 12345 XXXXXXX How do I pull records 1, 3 and 5? There are numerous other fields, but none with any distinguishing characteristics. What I am trying to get is an individual's name change...

Turn a series of numbers in a cell into specific ranges
I will have on going spreadsheets that will have one column of comma delimited numbers.- the cell could contain anywhere from 15 - 150 numbers. What the desired result would be - in a new column is to turn that series of numbers into ranges or groupings for instance in my cell if I had 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21 my new column would contain 1-8,12-15,17-21 Each spreadsheet might have 15-20 rows - possibly more so a macro or formula that would do this would be ideal - I'm honestly jsut stuck on what to search on to find my answer... This UDF seemed to work ok for ...

Get icon to show only in specific view
Is there a way in OL2003 to put an icon on the icon bar in one view (tasks) and not have it show in another view (contacts)? I would like to do this both for some of the built in icons and also for several macros that I have created that only apply to a specific view. I was able to do this in a much older version of OL. Thanks ...

Permitting a remote connection
I'm trying to allow someone else to VPN to my new computer, but it's not working. It seems like we have everything set properly as before, but don't we have to allow a remote connection on this new computer? I haven't done anything like that. If so, where do I find it? "Ken W" <KenW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA849729-68F0-40B4-8CDC-1213ABFCDAB6@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to allow someone else to VPN to my new computer, but it's not > working. It seems like we have everything set properly as before, but don...

Formatting font for specific words
I posted this two days ago but it seems to have disappeared. I have Office 2007 and am using Word with a work of fiction. The main body is formatted as Bell MT but I have two specific words that are always formatted as Lucida Calligraphy. Is there any way to format so that those two words will always type in the correct font without me having to highlight and change the font every time I type them? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:38:40 -0700, Deej Hernandez <DeejHernandez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I posted this two days ago but it seems to have disappeared. I have O...

Report/Query not selecting specific records
I have a database for tracking miles traveled and fuel purchased in each state. I have a report based on a query to total miles and gallons for each state in a quarter. Last quarter, the report worked perfectly. This quarter, for some reason, it's bringing in all records that have ever been entered instead of just the previous quarter's records. The only difference is that I changed the way the report opens. It used to required entering the beginning and ending dates multiple time. So, I created a form from which to pull the starting and ending date. I have opened the que...

550 relay prohibited
I just started using outlook 2007 I was able to get emails from all of my friends and family now I receive this message that the system administer would not send these emails. I worked just fine 3 weeks ago when I first started send to my grand children and my kids now they are all being prohibited. Have you changed anything in your setup? Normally that message means that you're using an SMTP (outgoing mail) server that isn't on the same network/ISP as you. Are you connecting wirelessly? Perhaps you may be connected to a neighbor's network by mistake... "Lindahg" ...