Permissions Add Distribution Group members

We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP clients environment. I was wondering if there is a
way to allow a specific user to add/remove members to any distribution groups
that are created. I found that one user can add/remove members by adding that
user as the manager of each individual group but I was wondering if there was
a way to give more than one member this ability and to also not have to go to
each distribution group and configure this permission.

Thx!
0
rfIPS (27)

In news:3E4CBF22-74BC-4788-BFE3-4B44F5CA6959@microsoft.com,
rfIPS <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP clients environment. I was wondering if
> there is a way to allow a specific user to add/remove members to any
> distribution groups that are created. I found that one user can
> add/remove members by adding that user as the manager of each
> individual group but I was wondering if there was a way to give more
> than one member this ability and to also not have to go to each
> distribution group and configure this permission.
>
> Thx!

If you right-click on the distribution groups OU (I believe this is a
separate OU in SBS....) in ADUC, you can right-click and delegate
permissions to a user (or ideally, a group).

0
lanwench (7567)
9/1/2006 12:45:22 AM
Thought it would be possible using admodify by using custom attribute
(managedby) but looks like you cannot append multi values ie.
user1,user2, user3 to have this right to mange the DLs. If you add
user1 and later go back it appears that it gets replaced. Maybe someone
with more experience with admodify can give it a shot.

James Chong
MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com
ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/

rfIPS wrote:
> We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP clients environment. I was wondering if there is a
> way to allow a specific user to add/remove members to any distribution groups
> that are created. I found that one user can add/remove members by adding that
> user as the manager of each individual group but I was wondering if there was
> a way to give more than one member this ability and to also not have to go to
> each distribution group and configure this permission.
>
> Thx!

0
jamestechman (1266)

Can delegates use the other persons contacts to create distribution lists
It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. Any help? >-----Original Message----- >It alsways defaults to the Delegates Contact list. > >Any help? >. > Any ideas at all? ...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

Add name to list
I need help with Xcell 2003 program as I have difficult time following the help instructions. I have a list of names arranged by last name, first name, E-mail affiliation. I want to add a new name. I write it in the empty space where the little star is at the bottom of the list, then first name, E-mail affiliation, however, I do not know how to move it to the right alphabetical place on the list. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Natalia At the top of your list, there is a small arrow in each cell. Clic in the cell of the column you wish to order and then choosse "sort as...

Requisition Management
Currently we cannot add items to an existing PO in Dynamics GP that is partly received VIA Requisition. If we can add items to partly received PO from within Great Plains, we should also be able to make this change VIA Requisition Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Grouping overlaying charts
Hello Excel 2003. I created a chart, copied it and formatted the copy to be transparent and changed some source data. I now want to overlay it over the original chart (in this way I accomplish that there are 2 legends in one chart). If I don't overlay them totally, I can select both charts and group them, and than I can copy the grouped picture into Power Point. But if I overlay them as it should be (so that they completely cover each other- so it seems as there is only one chart) I can't select both charts to group them. Is there any way, and if not what about some macro to tell e...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Unable to add Old User
Hi THere, I am unable to add old user, in fact the user i am going to add he re-joined the organization after 1 year. when he left the project we had disabled and removed from the active directory his account now i have craete a new account but in CRM his account still exist under disabled list. But while i am trying to enable it i am unable to enable it. i am getting below error message as "Invalid User Authentication" The User authentication passed to the platform is not valid. YOur early response will be much appriciated. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Syed. Syed; W...

add microsoft exchange sever
I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control pannel. which is not present. What OS are you using? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, bb asked: | I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new | e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control | pannel. which is not present. ...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

Attribute for Exchange storage group admin.
I am looking for a way to write a script that will look at each storage group in exchange 2003 and tell me who has administrative rights. Unless there is a report that exists that can do the same thing. Thanks, Mark Cooper ...

Add cells including text
Hi, I have a row of cells. as below: Hol 8.00 9.75 9.00 Hol 8.00 10 9.25 9.00 8.25 I want to add the numerical elements in this row, but the text parts are causing an error. Is there a forumula that will only add the numerical parts, without resorting to nested IF statements saying IF(cell="Hol") etc etc? Thanks in advance -- HappyTrucker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HappyTrucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25997 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395...

How to add/update version info of a file
Hi,everyone! As we know,we can open it with "Resources" method for a PE(Portable Executable) file such as .exe,.dll,.ocx etc. under VC,and we add or edit its version info,and save it then it's ok.But for other files,such as ..sys,.vxd,how can we do that? Thanks a lot! Bill I am using a tool call "PE Explorer" for doing stuffs like this. It supports ..SYS anyway, but I am quite not sure about VXDs. "xiezhenming" <xiezhenming@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGf6zb47DHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi,everyone! > As we know,we can open it wi...

Restore permissions on GAL
Hi. I changed the permissions on GAL by mistake. I said deny read access. Now I can't access the property page to change back the permissions. Any help will be appreciated. Use the admin account. Go in a few times and keep clicking ok - after a few tries the securtiy tab should return. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrigh...

Add New Schema Field SQL Server TimeOut
Hi, When i try to add new schema field using deployment manager the the sqlserver gets timeout and field is not added....i tried this several times..but if try to access the sqlserver objects of CRM DN using query analyzer or custom code everything works fine/ ...

permission problem
hi, i recently upgraded my NT4 domin to windows 2003 and encountered permission problem with the delegates in outlook. my upgrade plan was : installed 2 domain on new computers with new domain name install exchange on new computer and same site as exchange 5.5 moved all the users with admt to the new domain and installed ADC now my users are still logon to the old domain because i didnt do computer admt whan i moved all the mailboxs from the old server to the new server all the users that can see other users mailboxs can not see tham anymore, the only solution i found is to move the compute...

Delegate Permission Guidelines
Hi, I am creating guidelines in delegating permission of all Manager's Inbox to a particular person that he assigned. Can you give me inputs on these guidelines? Mark ...

Everyone/Admin permissions for print driver problems
Hi All, Calling all Aces! I have a WS08 server running QuickBooks 2009 Enterprise Edition (QB). The users do not have admin rights as I do not want them to see each others QB company files (among other things). Problem: the users are not able to eMail invoices unless I give the user(s) (Windows) admin privileges over the computer. The standard (Windows) user account gives the following *stupid* error message: QuickBooks cannot connect to remote server because part of your company data is currently in use Apparently, QB is using a printer d...

Calendar Permissions
I have two users and one user(A) is a delegate of user(B)'s calendar. User a can create events on User B's calander but cannot accept meeting on thier behalf. An error message comes up and says that "you do nothave access to User B's calendar folder". Any suggestions? ...

IRA Distribution
I took money out of my IRA. Money handles it like a simple transfer from my IRA account into "Cash" or whatever. How do I get it to show up as Income, IRA taxable distribution? Is there a Category for that? Duane Gullixson wrote: >I took money out of my IRA. Money handles it like a >simple transfer from my IRA account into "Cash" or >whatever. How do I get it to show up as Income, IRA >taxable distribution? > > How is money that was already yours income? "Duane Gullixson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

OWA and changing passwords- can this be restricted to a group?
HI I want to enable change password on OWA for only some groups within the domain Is that possible? Thanks On Wed, 10 May 2006 02:24:02 -0700, Rocky <Rocky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >HI >I want to enable change password on OWA for only some groups within the domain >Is that possible? > >Thanks > You should be able to script the appearance of the change password button based on the group membership of a user. I reckon Bharat may well dive in here on this..... ...

Protection and grouping
I protected a sheet leaving some columns unprotected. These unprotected columns are grouped. When I protect the sheet, I am no more allowed to hide the grouped columns (by hitting on the "-" button). I allowed all conditions in the "Protect Sheet" window, but nothing changed. Anyone can please help me? Thank you Horst If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterface...