Permission to public folders

I am having a problem determining where I would grant full access/rights to
the top level Public Folders tree in exchange manager. I basically want an
Outlook user in Outlook to be able to right click on the top level Public
Folder tree and select New Folder. Right now that selection is greyed out.
The only place users can create new folders is under the All Public Folders
subtree. Thank you for the help.
0
Brian8214 (439)

Brian,

A new public folder tree has to be created through ESM.  This dependency
exists because you must associate a public folder tree with a public folder
store.

Teo

"Brian" wrote:

> I am having a problem determining where I would grant full access/rights to
> the top level Public Folders tree in exchange manager. I basically want an
> Outlook user in Outlook to be able to right click on the top level Public
> Folder tree and select New Folder. Right now that selection is greyed out.
> The only place users can create new folders is under the All Public Folders
> subtree. Thank you for the help.
Thanks for the response but I already have the Public Folder tree but what I
am trying to do is give permissions to users to create public folders in this
tree. So in outlook they can select Public Folders, right click on it and
select new. New is currently not available because it is greyed out.

"Teo Gomez" wrote:

> Brian,
>
> A new public folder tree has to be created through ESM.  This dependency
> exists because you must associate a public folder tree with a public folder
> store.
>
> Teo
>
> "Brian" wrote:
>
> > I am having a problem determining where I would grant full access/rights to
> > the top level Public Folders tree in exchange manager. I basically want an
> > Outlook user in Outlook to be able to right click on the top level Public
> > Folder tree and select New Folder. Right now that selection is greyed out.
> > The only place users can create new folders is under the All Public Folders
> > subtree. Thank you for the help.
0
Brian8214 (439)

Multiple Outlook contacts folders
I am running outlook 2003 hooked to exchange server. there has been many things happen to this account before I got handed the problem. The user has 3 Contacts folders and only one can be accessed. When you click the to: button it says the folder couldnot be found. There were groups that use to work but now the groups cant be found. Where are all the pieces to outlook stored so I can get this stuff back. If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email addr...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Public Folders #64
I am preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server along side an Exchange 2000 server to move all the mailboxes and public folders. I am currently running through the steps in test and have had no issues with the mailboxes. I have tried the pfmigrate tool, just replicating the folders and also the Move all replicas. None of the current public folders appear under folders when I am connected to the New E2K3 server. I created a new folder on the E2K3 server and it does appear. Currently the folders are in sync so they should be seen from what I have found. What am I missing? Th...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

Exch 2003, able to use Send As or Send on Behalf in public folders OWA ??
we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having them use OWA only but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public folders. is that possible ?? if not anyone have a "workaround " ?? thanks gang ! On 13 Feb 2007 07:28:49 -0800, "Biglou" <louiem@gmail.com> wrote: >we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having >them use OWA only >but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public >folders. >is that possible ?? > >if not anyone have a "workaround...

Move to folder problem in outlook 2007
I've created folders in my inbox, but I created too many. After I had deleted them, I discovered they are still showing in the folder 'Move to folder'. When you select the folder, which has been deleted it come up with an error message saying it can't be opened. How do I get rid of these folders showing? "Bindi" <Bindi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED99B14-2553-4FB7-A8B1-4BEE1EEE3B1C@microsoft.com... > I've created folders in my inbox, but I created too many. After I had > deleted them, I discovered they are st...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

how to receive my emails to my personal folder (ie lianne) in inbo
Before I start I am computer illiterate, so please humour me. I am using microsoft outlook. I used to receive my emails in my named folder in inbox, my partners went to inbox. I some how deleted my folder, which I have retrieved but now my emails go to inbox, how do I put it right. If I do receive a reply and some one can help me, please bear in mind that technical terms mean nothing. Thankyou Lianne Hi, I am also pretty clueless but here goes. You go to 'tools', 'message rules', 'mail', and from the list on the right, click 'new'. In box 1 you can sele...

Public Folder autoreply issue...
All, I have set up a mail-enabled public folder and set up Folder Assistant rule to reply with template, which I formatted with message to sender confirming "email has been received...". I also put internal GROUP distribution list in Bcc to inform them when something gets posted to folder. When I send an email to this folder (from outside internet account...I have tried four different accounts), I do not get a reply back to sender account. However, the distribution list get notification message generated from autoreply...it shows To: as original sender...so it appears that i...

Reset Folders Switch?
How do I start Outlook using the /reset folders switch? Please give me the steps. Thanks. Longshot, you wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 05:57:01 -0700: > How do I start Outlook using the /reset folders switch? Please give me > the steps. Windows XP: Start | Run | outlook.exe /resetfolders Windows Vista/7: Start button and then type outlook.exe/resetfolders -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net Note that there should be a space between outlook.exe and /resetfolders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Restore permissions on GAL
Hi. I changed the permissions on GAL by mistake. I said deny read access. Now I can't access the property page to change back the permissions. Any help will be appreciated. Use the admin account. Go in a few times and keep clicking ok - after a few tries the securtiy tab should return. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrigh...

permission problem
hi, i recently upgraded my NT4 domin to windows 2003 and encountered permission problem with the delegates in outlook. my upgrade plan was : installed 2 domain on new computers with new domain name install exchange on new computer and same site as exchange 5.5 moved all the users with admt to the new domain and installed ADC now my users are still logon to the old domain because i didnt do computer admt whan i moved all the mailboxs from the old server to the new server all the users that can see other users mailboxs can not see tham anymore, the only solution i found is to move the compute...

Delegate Permission Guidelines
Hi, I am creating guidelines in delegating permission of all Manager's Inbox to a particular person that he assigned. Can you give me inputs on these guidelines? Mark ...

Public Folder Replication issues
My exchange environment is Server1, E3K sp2, Server2, E2K sp3, Server3 E3K sp2. Server1 is a front end server running OWA, Server 2 and 3 are backend servers. I have a couple of issues that started when we upgraded server 1 and 3 from E2K to E3K 1 users that connect though OWA and try to connect to a public folder gets the following message. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE. I have check their permissions and all looks good, what else could I check? 2 a couple of public folder replication questions. Do public folders need emails addresses to replicate. Ours are not enabled b...

Everyone/Admin permissions for print driver problems
Hi All, Calling all Aces! I have a WS08 server running QuickBooks 2009 Enterprise Edition (QB). The users do not have admin rights as I do not want them to see each others QB company files (among other things). Problem: the users are not able to eMail invoices unless I give the user(s) (Windows) admin privileges over the computer. The standard (Windows) user account gives the following *stupid* error message: QuickBooks cannot connect to remote server because part of your company data is currently in use Apparently, QB is using a printer d...

Error Message when setting up full-text-search on Private and Public Mail stores
I am getting an error message that the directory entered (for the index location) was not found... The location is D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_PREDATOR\Projects "The system cannot find the path specified" I have restarted the MS Search service, and then the whole darn server... Any ideas? MS Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Windows 2003 Server SP1 Thanks! ...

Archive Folder 12-28-09
My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent Items". I am getting a message to delete some of the items, but I cannot get the folder open to delete the items. Is there a way I can get to the items in the folder? -- Ronnie What version of Outlook created this archive? "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26BCBD2E-C3A6-425E-ADE0-1FA1CBC9AE49@microsoft.com... > My "Archive Folder" has become full and I now cannot open it to view "Sent > Items". I am getting...

Calendar Permissions
I have two users and one user(A) is a delegate of user(B)'s calendar. User a can create events on User B's calander but cannot accept meeting on thier behalf. An error message comes up and says that "you do nothave access to User B's calendar folder". Any suggestions? ...

Rule moves message to folder, leaves unwanted copy in Inbox
I set up a rule in Microsoft Outlook to move a message after it arrives to a new folder. It sends a copy to the new folder and leaves on in the inbox even though I am telling it to move the message not just make a copy. Does anyone know why it might do that? Kanga wrote: > I set up a rule in Microsoft Outlook to move a message after it arrives to a > new folder. It sends a copy to the new folder and leaves on in the inbox > even though I am telling it to move the message not just make a copy. Does > anyone know why it might do that? Move = move the item (doe...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Set "allow inheritable permissions to propagate..." to folders, subfolders, files with script
Is there a dsacls syntax or vbscript that I can use to enable the "allow inheritable permissions to propagate...etc" setting to all folders, subfolders, files? I have about 500 user home folders and half of them are not set to inherit and the rest are. Instead of manually going into each one, is there a better method? This really has nothing to do with Active Directory Script out using setacl http://setacl.sourceforge.net/ Freeware from SourceForge -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Drafts folder moved
The drafts folder on a group mailbox has been moved to be a sub folder under the inbox. Short of recreating a new mailbox, is there any way to move the drafts folder back to where its meant to be ? Exchange 2000 with outlook xp as the clients running on xp. Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...