Permission to add email address to user

We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain
called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003
functional level.
The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode.

In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and
Exchange Full Administrator.
In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made
Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization.

We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the
KI domain and everything seems to work fine except adding or editing
emailadresses. When trying to add or edit an email address on a user we get
the following error:

An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange
Server.
ID no:  c10308a2
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension

Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the same
result.
If we log onto the KI DC with SUN\sunadmin it works fine.
The kiadmin user can use ADSIEdit to change the proxyAddresses property
directly, but then no check is made for duplicate addresses.

Any suggestions how to make this work?

--
Regards
Nikolaj Pedersen

There is a problem with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 SP1 system.  If
you can add kiaadmin to the local administrators group on the server running
Exchange, that will fix it.  There aren't any other good solutions that I've
found, but it seems that Microsoft knows about the problem.

Search this group for c10308a2 for more information.

Joe

"Nikolaj Pedersen" wrote:

> We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain
> called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003
> functional level.
> The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode.
>
> In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and
> Exchange Full Administrator.
> In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made
> Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization.
>
> We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the
> KI domain and everything seems to work fine except adding or editing
> emailadresses. When trying to add or edit an email address on a user we get
> the following error:
>
> An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
> Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange
> Server.
> ID no:  c10308a2
> Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
>
> Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the same
> result.
> If we log onto the KI DC with SUN\sunadmin it works fine.
> The kiadmin user can use ADSIEdit to change the proxyAddresses property
> directly, but then no check is made for duplicate addresses.
>
> Any suggestions how to make this work?
>
> --
> Regards
> Nikolaj Pedersen
> Systems administrator
> Aarhus University
0
Joe (497)
3/1/2006 3:42:47 PM
You need to apply permissions on the storage group or dbs that the user will
modifying email addresses for. Have you done this, if so what permissions
have you given them. You do not need to make them a local admin on the
Exchange server.

Nue
"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is a problem with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 SP1 system.
> If
> you can add kiaadmin to the local administrators group on the server
> running
> Exchange, that will fix it.  There aren't any other good solutions that
> I've
> found, but it seems that Microsoft knows about the problem.
>
> Search this group for c10308a2 for more information.
>
> Joe
>
> "Nikolaj Pedersen" wrote:
>
>> We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child
>> domain
>> called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003
>> functional level.
>> The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode.
>>
>> In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and
>> Exchange Full Administrator.
>> In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made
>> Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization.
>>
>> We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in
>> the
>> KI domain and everything seems to work fine except adding or editing
>> emailadresses. When trying to add or edit an email address on a user we
>> get
>> the following error:
>>
>> An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
>> Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the
>> Exchange
>> Server.
>> ID no:  c10308a2
>> Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
>>
>> Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the same
>> result.
>> If we log onto the KI DC with SUN\sunadmin it works fine.
>> The kiadmin user can use ADSIEdit to change the proxyAddresses property
>> directly, but then no check is made for duplicate addresses.
>>
>> Any suggestions how to make this work?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Nikolaj Pedersen
>> Systems administrator
>> Aarhus University

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/1/2006 4:17:10 PM
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:17:10 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
wrote:

>You need to apply permissions on the storage group or dbs that the user will
>modifying email addresses for. Have you done this, if so what permissions
>have you given them. You do not need to make them a local admin on the
>Exchange server.

"Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the
same result"

Joe is correct. There was/is a know issue created by the DCOM issues
Windows 2003 SP1 wherby a remote workstation can not make changes to
email addresses unless they are also a local admin on the machine.
This is addressed in KB905809 which has been pulled for some reason.

>Nue
>"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> There is a problem with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 SP1 system.
>> If
>> you can add kiaadmin to the local administrators group on the server
>> running
>> Exchange, that will fix it.  There aren't any other good solutions that
>> I've
>> found, but it seems that Microsoft knows about the problem.
>>
>> Search this group for c10308a2 for more information.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> "Nikolaj Pedersen" wrote:
>>
>>> We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child
>>> domain
>>> called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003
>>> functional level.
>>> The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode.
>>>
>>> In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and
>>> Exchange Full Administrator.
>>> In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made
>>> Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization.
>>>
>>> We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in
>>> the
>>> KI domain and everything seems to work fine except adding or editing
>>> emailadresses. When trying to add or edit an email address on a user we
>>> get
>>> the following error:
>>>
>>> An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain.
>>> Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the
>>> Exchange
>>> Server.
>>> ID no:  c10308a2
>>> Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
>>>
>>> Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the same
>>> result.
>>> If we log onto the KI DC with SUN\sunadmin it works fine.
>>> The kiadmin user can use ADSIEdit to change the proxyAddresses property
>>> directly, but then no check is made for duplicate addresses.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions how to make this work?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Nikolaj Pedersen
>>> Systems administrator
>>> Aarhus University

0
adavid (8731)
3/1/2006 6:10:58 PM
I found a repost of KB905809 and made the changes suggested there and it
works now.

Here is the repost if anyone is interested:

                     -- WARNING --

It appears that the article has been yanked in order to make an update to
its contents.  The new version of the article should be available within a
week or so.

Remember, we don't know why it was pulled, maybe the fix broke things or made
it worse.  So, use at your own risk!

                     -- WARNING --

Article ID: 905809
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2005
APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

SYMPTOMS
You are running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on a server that has
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed. When you use
the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in to remotely add or edit an
e-mail address for a mail-enabled user, you receive the following error
message.
An Exchange server could not be found in the domain. Check if the Microsoft
System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server. ID no: c10308a2
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension
Additionally, you receive this error message if the following conditions are
true:
• You remotely connect to Exchange Server 2003 by using Exchange System
Manager.
• The remote Exchange server does not have the local administrator identity.
CAUSE
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
• Users are delegated Exchange Server administrator roles.
• The users who are delegated Exchange Server administrator roles are not
members of the Domain Admins group or the Local Admins group on the Exchange
server.
Therefore, the users cannot log on to the Exchange server.

Windows Server 2003 SP1 limits the ability of users who are not
administrators to remotely access the Service Control Manager (SCM).
Therefore, Exchange System Manager or the Active Directory Users and
Computers snap-in cannot determine the Exchange Server services that are
running.

Note This problem does not occur if Windows Server 2003 SP1 is not installed
on the Exchange server.

WORKAROUND
To work around this problem, follow these steps.

Step 1: Use the Sc.exe tool to grant sufficient permissions to Authenticated
Users
Use version 5.2.3790.1830 of the Sc.exe tool that is located in the
%windir%\system32 folder. The Sc.exe tool restores the functionality that
lets you add or edit an e-mail address for a mail-enabled user on a computer
that is running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Run the Sc.exe tool, and then type
the following at a command prompt:

sc sdset SCMANAGER
D:(A;;CCLCRPRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCRPWPRC;;;SY)(A;;KA;;;BA)S:(AU;FA;KA;;;WD)(AU;OIIOFA;GA;;;WD)

Note The permissions string is specified in Security Descriptor Definition
Language (SDDL).

The following permissions are granted after you run the command:
• Discretionary access control list (DACL)
o Allow to Authenticated Users: SDDL_CREATE_CHILD, SDDL_LIST_CHILDREN,
SDDL_READ_PROPERTY, SDDL_READ_CONTROL
o Allow to SYSTEM: SDDL_CREATE_CHILD, SDDL_LIST_CHILDREN,
SDDL_READ_PROPERTY, SDDL_WRITE_PROPERTY, SDDL_READ_CONTROL
o Allow to Built-in Administrators: SDDL_KEY_ALL
• System access control list (SACL)
o Audit activities of the Everyone group: SDDL_AUDIT_FAILURE, SDDL_KEY_ALL
o Audit activities of the Everyone group: SDDL_INHERIT_ONLY,
SDDL_OBJECT_INHERIT, SDDL_AUDIT_FAILURE SDDL_GENERIC_ALL WD

Step 2: Add Read and Write permissions to the user account
To add Read and Write permissions to the user account that was delegated on
the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, follow these steps:
1. On the Exchange server, start the Active Directory Users and Computers
snap-in.
2. Right-click the name of the domain, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Group Policy tab, click Default Domain Policy, and then click
Edit to open Group Policy Object Editor.
4. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security
Settings, and then expand System Services.
5. Right-click the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, and then
click Properties.
6. Click to select the Define this policy setting check box, and then click
Edit Security.
7. Click Add, type username, click Check, and then click OK.
8. Click to select the Read check box and the Write check box.
9. Click OK two times, and then quit Group Policy Object Editor.
10. Click OK, and then quit the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products
that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

--
Regards
Nikolaj Pedersen

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:17:10 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >You need to apply permissions on the storage group or dbs that the user will
> >modifying email addresses for. Have you done this, if so what permissions
> >have you given them. You do not need to make them a local admin on the
> >Exchange server.
> >

> "Giving the kiadmin user Exchange Full Administrator rights gives the
> same result"
>
> Joe is correct. There was/is a know issue created by the DCOM issues
> Windows 2003 SP1 wherby a remote workstation can not make changes to
> email addresses unless they are also a local admin on the machine.
> This is addressed in KB905809 which has been pulled for some reason.
>

> >Nue
> >"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> There is a problem with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 SP1 system.
> >> If
> >> you can add kiaadmin to the local administrators group on the server
> >> running
> >> Exchange, that will fix it.  There aren't any other good solutions that
> >> I've
> >> found, but it seems that Microsoft knows about the problem.
> >>
> >> Search this group for c10308a2 for more information.
> >>
> >> Joe

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:02:27 -0800, "Nikolaj Pedersen"
<NikolajPedersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I found a repost of KB905809 and made the changes suggested there and it
>works now.
>
>Here is the repost if anyone is interested:

Yep. Its typically pulled for a reason. Though I wish when it was, a
link would explain why and when its expected back if at all.

> [...]
>3. Click the Group Policy tab, click Default Domain Policy, and then click
>Edit to open Group Policy Object Editor.
>4. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Windows Settings, expand Security
>Settings, and then expand System Services.
>5. Right-click the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service, and then
>click Properties.
>6. Click to select the Define this policy setting check box, and then click
>Edit Security.
>7. Click Add, type username, click Check, and then click OK.
>8. Click to select the Read check box and the Write check box.
>9. Click OK two times, and then quit Group Policy Object Editor.
>10. Click OK, and then quit the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
>

>STATUS
>Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products
>that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
3/2/2006 6:19:47 PM
Well, this was a test setup so I wasn't afraid to try it out, however I am
not going to implement it on our production system before I see the KB
article reposted :-)

--
Regards
Nikolaj Pedersen

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> Yep. Its typically pulled for a reason. Though I wish when it was, a
> link would explain why and when its expected back if at all.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:57:16 -0800, Nikolaj Pedersen
<NikolajPedersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well, this was a test setup so I wasn't afraid to try it out, however I am
>not going to implement it on our production system before I see the KB
>article reposted :-)

For my part, let me see if I can find out why it was pulled. Stay
tuned and if I find out something, I will post back here!

0
adavid (8731)
3/3/2006 2:10:21 PM
Please follow up with your findings ASAP.  I need to resolve this issue
on our Exchange Cluster also.

0
bmarcum (1)
3/7/2006 9:04:57 PM
On 7 Mar 2006 13:04:57 -0800, bmarcum@gmail.com wrote:

>Please follow up with your findings ASAP.  I need to resolve this issue
>on our Exchange Cluster also.

That KB will apparently be released again soon.
0
adavid (8731)
3/16/2006 1:58:50 AM
Hello I am having the same problem.

Does this KB also apply to a Active/Active/Passice cluster. I ask this
becuase in the KB it says under method 2 to set Microsoft Exchange System
Attendant service to automatic and under the cluster its always set to
manual. So I am a bit confused.

Pleae help

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On 7 Mar 2006 13:04:57 -0800, bmarcum@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Please follow up with your findings ASAP.  I need to resolve this issue
> >on our Exchange Cluster also.
>

> That KB will apparently be released again soon.

0
Imran (15)

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Add name to list
I need help with Xcell 2003 program as I have difficult time following the help instructions. I have a list of names arranged by last name, first name, E-mail affiliation. I want to add a new name. I write it in the empty space where the little star is at the bottom of the list, then first name, E-mail affiliation, however, I do not know how to move it to the right alphabetical place on the list. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Natalia At the top of your list, there is a small arrow in each cell. Clic in the cell of the column you wish to order and then choosse "sort as...

In publisher when I send 1 page by email do only some hyperlinks
I have about 30 hyperlings to web pages in a one page document in publisher (latest version) they are all set up the same way, but with different links, when I send this page as an email, why do only some of the links work, ie the curser only changes to a hand on some of them -- dave 1. You only need to send once. And after you do, please wait more than a half hour before you start to answer. Not everyone lives online (like some people accuse me do doing). 2. Are you aware that sending emails with Publisher isn't the best way to send info? I've run into problems because some...

Requisition Management
Currently we cannot add items to an existing PO in Dynamics GP that is partly received VIA Requisition. If we can add items to partly received PO from within Great Plains, we should also be able to make this change VIA Requisition Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

Option in POP setup to not allow users to override po number
There should be an option in the Purchase Order setup to not allow users to override the purchase order number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=61cf9407-d7d...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

mailbox/address not being created
server 2003, exchange 2003..... all flawless for many months. suddenly, when creating a new user in AD and leaving the default "create an exchange mailbox"... its been several hours and the mailbox has not been created. an email sent to the new account comes back as undeliverable. no exchange information is added to AD users and computers.... help?!? Check the Event Logs on the domain controllers and the Exchange server. There's ought to be a clue. <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:v28qc.27147$MH.10777452@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > server 2003, e...

outlook is deleting my emails
Help! Outlook is aurtomatically deleting my inbox emails after two weeks. I believe that at one time I had archive turned on or something else, but all of that is now turned off. However, after two weeks my emails are deleted from my inbox. I am running against an exchange server. What can I do? ...

Count How Many Emails Were Outgoing in a Day?
Thanks in advance. How can we count outgoing emails from our server, excluding emails with a destination to our own domain? The log in SMTP log files only shows incoming connections. -- Mark Simmerman Napa, California, USA ...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

How can I access my email remotely from internet
I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder how I can access my email remotely from internet? Any help will be greatly appreciated! You can use Outlook Web Access, a web-based interface - uses HTTP/HTTPS; or IMAP4, POP3 or RPC over HTTP(S). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1AB24A-AACE-4A38-A8CB-4A788DE2155C@microsoft.com... >I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder ...

Windows Live Mail email mismatch
I have several layers of storage folders. Some of the messages are imported from Windows Mail, others are filed emails put there after conversion to Live Mail. I've always been able to open email stored in these subfolders just fine. However today when attempting to retrieve some sales invoices for my taxes I found that although the subject lines of the emails are correct, opening them shows me a DIFFERENT email than should be in there. The emails still exist - I can find them if I go to the C:Users\(userid)\appdata\local\microsoft\windowslivemail\ folder. However I ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Unable to add Old User
Hi THere, I am unable to add old user, in fact the user i am going to add he re-joined the organization after 1 year. when he left the project we had disabled and removed from the active directory his account now i have craete a new account but in CRM his account still exist under disabled list. But while i am trying to enable it i am unable to enable it. i am getting below error message as "Invalid User Authentication" The User authentication passed to the platform is not valid. YOur early response will be much appriciated. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Syed. Syed; W...

add microsoft exchange sever
I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control pannel. which is not present. What OS are you using? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, bb asked: | I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new | e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control | pannel. which is not present. ...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

Exchange pop3 downloads but does not deliver email to users mailbo
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 that gets email pop3 for two domains. After the second domain was added the email functioned as expected. Send and received operated just as they were designed. Ten days to two weeks later it then stoped functioning as expected. It would download domain A and delivered its email to the appropriate mailbox. Then confirming with the event viewer it would download domain B. I could follow the transaction and confirm receipt of email had occurred. However the email never was placed in the designated users mailbox. It simply disappeared with no increase in t...

Add cells including text
Hi, I have a row of cells. as below: Hol 8.00 9.75 9.00 Hol 8.00 10 9.25 9.00 8.25 I want to add the numerical elements in this row, but the text parts are causing an error. Is there a forumula that will only add the numerical parts, without resorting to nested IF statements saying IF(cell="Hol") etc etc? Thanks in advance -- HappyTrucker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HappyTrucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25997 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395...

Mailbox Manager & Recipient Policies...I select my own mailbox, it includes another user.
I cofigured a recipient policy to delete some old email from all users. I wanted to test it on myself first so I selected only my user ID and applied the policy, then ran the mailbox manager. It selected my name but it also selected another user too. I foudn the user had the "hide mailbox from address list" box checked off so I unchecked it, waited 30 minutes, reapplied the policy and ran it again, same thing. Can anyone give me some advice on this? My server is running out of space fast and I have another day or two at most. thanks! Recipient policies work against Active Directory...

How to add/update version info of a file
Hi,everyone! As we know,we can open it with "Resources" method for a PE(Portable Executable) file such as .exe,.dll,.ocx etc. under VC,and we add or edit its version info,and save it then it's ok.But for other files,such as ..sys,.vxd,how can we do that? Thanks a lot! Bill I am using a tool call "PE Explorer" for doing stuffs like this. It supports ..SYS anyway, but I am quite not sure about VXDs. "xiezhenming" <xiezhenming@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGf6zb47DHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi,everyone! > As we know,we can open it wi...