Permission messed up after moving mailboxes between servers

All of our  mailboxes were on an Exchange 2000 server built on a
Windows 2000 server, which was also a DC before.  Recently we setup a
new server (Windows 2003 + Exchange 2003) and move all mailboxes to the
new server.  Except adding this Win2K3 server into our Win2K domain as
member server, there is no other change on the domain.

After the big move, almost everything worked as before except that I no
longer have permission to open other user's mailboxes.

Nothing about my security has been changed, I was a member of the
following security groups and it was like that for a long time:

- Account Operators
- Backup Operators
- Domain Admins
- Enterprise Admins

I wonder what made it possible for me to open all user's mailbox
BEFORE, and what needs to be done RIGHT NOW for me to have that
permission again, and why is that?

0
achen2002 (49)

Just some additional info:

When I open Exchange System Manager, right click on the Mailbox Store
on the new server, go into "Properties" and the "Security" tab -- By
default, "the "Domain Admins" group has all boxes checked except "Full
Control"; the "Enterprise Admins" has all boxes checked.

I do not really want to add my name into there because I didn't have to
do that in Exchange 2003, and I am already a member of groups that HAVE
permission to access that...

0
achen2002 (49)

How to Export the Primary SMTP address from both Mailboxes and Custome Recipients
As above, can get an export file with several smtp address, but primarily i'm looking to export all mailboxes and custom recipients so they contain, among other things, the primary smtp address. Thing is i've forgotten how this is done. Does anyone know what the attribute name should be? Thanks in advance For mailboxes, it's "Email Addresses". For a custom recipient I think it's "Email address". Just do a standard export and examine the CSV file - they should both be default values. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

moving margin in the brochure template
I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Are you trying to move it beyond your printer's limitation? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C47C2F9-88BF-4BED-92E2-F2ABF5AF6AE1@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure > template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Arrange, layout guides. What template are you using? Most all of the brochu...

Move mailbox option not available
after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection agreements and after exchange 2003 instal I am having problems moving mailboxes. I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will render the Exchange task context sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup the connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain. I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh...

A built in method to search all mailboxes in an organization?
I've spent hours and hours looking at finding a way to do the following: Be able to search *all* mailboxes in an organization for a search term in the body or subject, and get a list of those emails (readable) so that they can be collated and burnt to media for things like Freedom of Information Act requests and the like. I cannot for the life of me find something that does it in Exchange. The message tracking center can find subjects and tell me the order of events the mail took as its traversed the system, but nothing more. Is there some sort of extended functionality that can be...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Move the *.mny file
I have been using money since Money 2001. When I installed Money 2006, I discovered part of Money 2001 was still their and that is where my *.mny file is stored. How do I move my *.mny file to get it into the Money 2006 folder, and still have money be able to find it. I almost lost it when I first deleted Money 2001, and had to retreve it from the Recyle bin. Thanks, -- Jared3 Move it to the new folder, and then double-click it to open the file. Money 2006 will remember the location next time you start up the program from the Start Menu -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http:...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

Move N:! Relationship when converting lead to Opportunity?
Ok, I have a Custom Field in my Leads based on an N:1 relationship I made. What it does is let me associate an Account as my business partner on the Lead. I want to keep that field and keep it populated when I convert the Lead to an Opportunity. I have no idea how to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks! Create the same 1:N field in the Opporutnity and via the Relationship Mapping area, map the these two fields together. CRM Client >> Settings >> Customization >> Customize Entities >> Lead >> 1:N Relationship >> opportunity_originating_lead >> Map...

Symbol LS9208 moving control problem
Hello Everyone ------------------------------------- I bought a symbol ls9208 scanner, but I am facing problem with its programming. Everytime I scan the barcode I have to press enter key 5 times to move to the next line. Any easy fix for this problem. Regards Amit ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40742 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## If you should ...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

Exchange 2003 as a Fall back server
Hello, Can someone point me in the right direction to configure Exchange 2003 to be a fall back mail server for another domain other than the one it is hosting. I would like to have it queue the mail for ETRN. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas ...

Moving from 32 bit to 64 bit Terminal Servers and SQL
My current environment has 1 - 32 bit SQL 2000 Server and 4 - 32 bit win2k3 terminal servers with around 85 users. I also use ODBC a great deal with all my users in addition to the normal POS system. I have all new 64 bit servers. The SQL server is running SQL 2005 (so it is an upgrade.) My plan is to (at go-live) shutdown the current production servers. Rename the New 64 bit Production servers to the same name as the current servers (Remove from domain (reboot) change name (reboot) flush DNS, add back to domain (reboot)). I tested this and it seems to work fine. Is this ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Moving a selected cell
Without using Cut/Paste or Drag, is there another way to move the contents of a selected cell to another cell on a worksheet? Thanks CJ Use a macro that assigns the value to the second cell and clears contents of the original cell??? C J wrote: > > Without using Cut/Paste or Drag, is there another way to move the contents > of a selected cell to another cell on a worksheet? > Thanks > CJ -- Dave Peterson Dave thank you for your reply. I am somewhat new with Excel and do not know how to setup macro. Would you give me the steps for this situation? CJ "Dave Peter...

mailbox/address not being created
server 2003, exchange 2003..... all flawless for many months. suddenly, when creating a new user in AD and leaving the default "create an exchange mailbox"... its been several hours and the mailbox has not been created. an email sent to the new account comes back as undeliverable. no exchange information is added to AD users and computers.... help?!? Check the Event Logs on the domain controllers and the Exchange server. There's ought to be a clue. <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message news:v28qc.27147$MH.10777452@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > server 2003, e...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

The SMTP server may refuse to handle
I am having problem sending/recieving mails. Our POP3 is =DDtaly but our smtp is here in Turkey. POP3 is gruppo.stefanel.it SMTP is stefanelgiyim.com from gmail or any other accounts I can send email to gruppo account. but from gruppo account I can not send nor recieve email to another gruppo mail account. what could be the problem? In news:1172744044.536711.48090@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, cenkmba@gmail.com <cenkmba@gmail.com> typed: > I am having problem sending/recieving mails. Our POP3 is �taly but our > smtp is here in Turkey. POP3 is gruppo.stefanel.it SMTP is > stefa...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Read-only mailbox access, how to?
Exchange 5.5 on NT4 I want to set up a Support mailbox which all can read but only some can send-as. When I created it I associated it with the Domain Admin. I then added the Search role to Domain Users. But if I connect via a POP3 or IMAP client and authenticate as a domain user I am denied access. Ditto if I use an Outlook 2000 client connected to another mailbox, and try File->Open-> Other User's Folder. What permissions do I need for read-only access? The Help on the dialog in Exchange Admin doesn't even list the Search right! jim -- Jim Hatfield On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:...

Fastest way to move lots of data between databases on same server.
I need to move 100 Million rows of data from a table in one SQL 08 DB to another database on the same server. What is the fastest way to do this? - Insert Into in one big query - Multiple Insert Into statements looping through xxxx number of rows at a time to "batch" it up -bcp -BULK INSERT -SSIS According to most documentation bcp/Bulk Insert is the fastest way to load lots of data into SQL Server, but is that true even if the data source is another sql server db on the same server? Seems like that would be slower since you have to go to an intermediate text fil...

backup of disabled accts/mailboxes fails with veritas 9.1
does anyone know how to continue to back up someone's mailbox after their account has been disabled? (exch 2k/win2k server). T.I.A. "John Smith" <jsmith@macroshaft.com> wrote: >does anyone know how to continue to back up someone's mailbox after their >account has been disabled? (exch 2k/win2k server). > >T.I.A. > Doing a standard ntbackup will backup the entire store, regardless of whether the account the mail object refers to is disabled or not. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http...

moving emails labeled as SPAM
Hello, i've AVG antivirus, and it filters my SPAM. AVG add the text "[SPAM]" in the header of my email. Well, i tried to create a rule that when i receive a email labeled as SPAM in the header, outlook moves the email into one folder. The problem is that avg don't renames the email in the same moment that the emails come, avg renames 2 seconds (or similar) after the email is received. I don't know if i can create a rule for this case. thanks Not sure if you can do anything automatic then since Outlook's Rules Wizard operates upon receipt. You can either d...