Permission in Exchange 2007

Hi,
How do we give permission to an exchange 2007 server to an account from a
different forest with trust between them. I have 2 forests with Exchange 2003
and 2007 serves in them. I want to give permission to the 2003 account to the
2k7 server
In 2003 server we see the properties on the Server node and from the
security tab we can select the users from the trusted domain. But when I try
to open the delegate wizard from the 2k7 server it does not show the users
from the trusted domain

Thansk
Ravi
0
Ravi (33)

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

Reintall Exchange 2003
Hello, I'm getting events continually saying that inetinfo.exe has failed thus stopping a bunch of services. Doing some research, one option is to reinstal IIS then reinstall Exchange using the 'repair' option. My question is, if I were to do this... will this 'repair' option affect the Exchange database or users in anyway or is it only going to reinstall the core components, leaving current settings and user files intact? Thanks The option is actually the "reinstall" option. And no: it won't affect the databases. It just re-registers services and re...

Word 2007 changes my document to have a giant margin
I open a normal word document. It is about 30 pages. When it is opened it suddenly changes it so every page has a giant margin on the right hand side of every page. It is very annoying. Please make it stop. You are looking at the document with the View option set to Final showing Mark up. Change that to Final. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Mark mcPherson" <Mark mcPherson@discussions.microsoft.c...

Money 2007 Bill Pay
In previous versions you were able to select several bills at once and see what you balance would be after paying selected bills. Was there a question here? "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA20D2D1-9A45-42AF-8885-7AA444E47712@microsoft.com... > In previous versions you were able to select several bills at once and see > what you balance would be after paying selected bills. Sorry about that, how can you select several bills and see what your balance will be without acutaly paying the bills? "Dick Watson" wrote: > Was t...

String manipulation in 2007
I am running a 2003 macro in Excel 2007. It fails and says 'Can't find object or library' and highlights the word Left in Left(somestring, somenumber). In Help I see that Left does not exist in 2007, but it does in Access. So I include a reference the Access library (Tools/References, etc.). This does not help. Any suggestions anyone ? Thanks ! On Apr 8, 11:03=A0am, nb0512 <nb0...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running a 2003 macro in Excel 2007. It fails and says 'Can't find ob= ject > or library' and highlights the word Left in L...

Exchange Messages Rmain Queued
All of a sudden if we send from one Exchange 2003 server to another in the same admin. group/routing group messages remain queued. If you log off the server, they are delivered. Log back on and all message are queued again. On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:02:22 -0700, Mike DeCroce <Mike DeCroce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All of a sudden if we send from one Exchange 2003 server to another in the >same admin. group/routing group messages remain queued. If you log off the >server, they are delivered. Log back on and all message are queued again. Running Symantec AV on the Exc...

incoming/outgoing email problems in exchange 2003 SP2
We have installed and removed POP3 connectors, which have changed smtp setiings. email for the domain is being received at the server, but is not accessible to users, and outgoing email is not being sent past the exchange server. any help is appreciated Turn on message tracking and see where it is getting stuck. Any event log entries? Nue "CanuckIT" <CanuckIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8B0FA99-07B0-4354-B0DF-A0D6993F450F@microsoft.com... > We have installed and removed POP3 connectors, which have changed smtp > setiings. email for the doma...

Re: word 2007 is locked and no application working . 03-18-10
jhall@myglnc.com "james hall" <jhall@myglnc.com> wrote in message news:... > > "locked vikas" <locked vikas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:6CD44917-C97B-4AA9-B9C2-F59E66CA19ED@microsoft.com... >>i got HP laptop with 60 days trial version of office 2007 built in it.Its >> been 18 days and my Ms word has locked and i am not able to type any >> thing >> any thing into it. >> pls help. >> vikas2joshi@yahoo.co.in >> thanks > ...

Transfering Outlook Files to a new computer (Using Outlook 2007)
I recently bought a new computer (PC), and want to move my Outlook Account Information (Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks) over to the new computer without having to re-enter everything by hand. I used to have AOL (sorry), and I knew the AOL folder (pfc folder) to copy and paste which stored everything with ease. I merely kept a copy of that AOL pfc folder on a data stick so if ever I had a computer crash, or bought a new computer, all my AOL address book and contact information could be easily transfered. I do not know how to find or access this information (folders/files) with...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Which Version of Office 2007 to Buy?
Hello, I get academic pricing for office, and for me Office Standard 2007 and Office Professional Plus 2007 are both being offered to me at a cheapter rate than the Home and Student Edition 2007. But it seems that Standard and Professional have more to offer than Student? Are the basic programs (word, excel, and power point) the same in all three software versions? Why get one over another? Thank You for your help. Friends and friends around the world. We are presenting the new messenger. He will be in the commissioning by the friends that we indicate to use the system. Ac...

Exchange administrator console
Dear all How do I install Ms Exchange 2003 Administrator console into my workstation. Please enligthen. And your workstation is Windows 2000 or XP? Please don't forget to mention service pack level. "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news:efHrUgxEFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > How do I install Ms Exchange 2003 Administrator console into my > workstation. > Please enligthen. > > What to consider when you install Exchange System Management Tools on Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?id=3D83...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Adding Comments in a Protected Worksheet (2007 beta)
Hi, How can I add comments to a protected worksheet (office 2007 beta). Darrell anyone know how to do this? when I protect the worksheet, I cannot add any comments. Darrell "Darrell (Singapore)" <email@darrell.infoX> wrote in message news:O2Of0Hh4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > How can I add comments to a protected worksheet (office 2007 beta). > > Darrell > Hi Darrell, Record a macro turning off protection, make the changes turn protection back on, Stop recording macro If a password is required that will have been recorded w...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Exchange Router
We have CRM 1.2 installed and fully functional in our companies main domain (crm). Our exchange server is installed in it's own domain (mail). We are able to send mail from CRM with no problem, but mail from Exchange is not being routed to CRM. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. what domain trusts have you set up? "Bferguson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD452D35-F6D6-4FED-94D5-C2724A1F931A@microsoft.com... > We have CRM 1.2 installed and fully functional in our companies main domain (crm). Our exchange server is install...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

Exchange 2003 Recovery #2
I have to document an Exchange recovery for my environment and not sure where to start. I took a windows 2003 server, joined it to my domain then ran dcpromo. Then took it off the production network and moved it to an isolated network. Installed DNS and WINS, then seized all FSMO roles and cleaned up the other DC's form Active Directory. Dcdiag is not reporting errors and DNS is configured. I decided to install Exchange with the disasterrecovery switch, but guess what - it did not install the Exchange services so i cannot do a recovery of my databases. I tried to uninstall th...

Office 2003 to Outlook 2007 only.
Hi all, Just to double check before I go doing anything stupid ! If I wanted to try outlook 2007 before purchasing it am I right in assuming that I have to upgrade the entire office suite or will I just be able to run Outlook 2007 by itself thus keeping the rest of the 2003 office suite? Thanks for your help. -- Regards, Kev "We Can Do Whatever We Want If Only We Care Enough" you can upgrade just outlook but you will not have any office integration and some of the spell checking features will not work. It's really best to upgrade the entire suite. -- Diane Porem...

Entourage EWS Not connected to exchange
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I recently updated Entourage to EWS. I have two Exchange Mailboxes on different Exchange 2007 Servers both with SP2. <br><br>Since my update, I cannot get my Entourage mailboxes to connect to Exchange. Entourage 2004 is STILL connected to Exchange. Is there any specific configuration to exchange 2007 with SP2 to enable EWS? On 2010-04-16 10:58:55 -0400, Hadesmont@officeformac.com said: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Int...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

SendForReview VBA code doesn't work when I changed to PP 2007
I'm a teacher who has created a program of quizzes and exams for students in many facilities. I used the SendForReview in PP 2003 and it worked fine. Now, with an upgrade to 2007, I get a message saying "Invalid request. This method or procedure is no longer supported by this version of PowerPoint." I'm not a programmer--is there an easier way around this problem? (I tried saving the version in the compatability mode / earlier versions--but no luck....) Thanks Office Developer Reference MsoEnvelope.Item Property Gets a MailItem object that can be us...

DPM 2007 SP1: Connection Lost NullReferenceException
Hi, DPM Service quits with NullReferenceException in Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.PRMCatalog.ReplicationOperationTypeLock..ctor Do you have any advice how to mitigate this? Thanks for any thought? Adrian -- Adrian Miller ...