Per User 'Mark as Read' on Mailbox

We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address,
share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for
all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason.

Is there a way that each user can have his own read status?

I realise that this is availble for Public Folders.

We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1.

What happens to the records when I remove a user?
I need to remove a user that is not longer here. I have been told by the previous admin that I need to re-assign all records (accts, activities, etc, etc) before doing this. Is this true? What happens if I don't do this? My worry is that we will screw up all our case reporting if I do this. Right now I'm looking at using the advance find to do this. Is there a better way? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks You should open the user up in the system Customization page - business unit setttings - Users. At the Actions menu, you should see an option to reassign records. th...

Re: How to turn OFF Reading Pane
I posted this on 9/26, but it seems to have disappeared from the group. Can anyone provide an answer? Thanks, Bill "Bill Cohagan" <cohagan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:... > Is there a setting somewhere that will globally turn off the Reading Pane? > I know how to do it on a folder by folder basis, but I'd prefer when I > create a new folder that Reading Pane be off by default. > > TIA, > Bill > > Diane Poremsky answered with the following: start outlook with the /nopreview switch or change the messages view. http://www.outlook-t...

Redirect To Multiple Users
Hi, I hope this is a simple question. I am runing Ex2003Std and I want to redirect any info@...com email addresses to 2 or 3 different accounts. Do I put the info@...com email address as email addresses for both accounts? Will that forward to both accounts? TIA Phil Simple. Add receipents to a distribution group and from AD Users and Computers snap-in open info@....com user's property page and follow... Exchange General -> Delivery Options -> Forwarding Address (Forward To: "distribution_group@...com "Phil Dowson" wrote: > Hi, > > I hope this i...

multiple email addresses per contact in Rules wizard
I recently reinstalled Office 2000 and noticed that I lost the ability to include multiple email addresses for a single contact when creating rules in the rules wizard. Formally, I could include up to 3 email addresses. Now I can only use the default email and no others. This is a big pain in the butt. Why did I once have this functionality and upon a reinstall, why did i lose it. Thanks in advance... ...

Getting a total of hours & mins worked per week
I am trying to make a spreadsheet of the daily hours worked and a total of the weekly hours but i am not having any luck, at the moment I have the following H3 08:33, H4 08:01, H5 07:23, H6 08:15, H7 08:15, when i type =sum(h3:h7) i get 16:27 instead of 40:27 i would appreciate any advice thanks XL stores times as fractional days (e.g., 3:00 = 0.125). The default time display "rolls over" every 24 hours. To keep that from happening, use brackets in your format: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <F30BA8FA-A411-49D6-84D1-B91694BFD65A@microsoft.com>, &...

Drop-Down Not Working For 1 User
I have an Access DB with a master and replica set up. It has been working great for a long time (close to 5 years) even with constant changes and upgrade. In a form I have a combo box tied to a query pulling from a table. This way I am able to provide options that only apply to the specific work entered into the form. The query pulls and sorts. This field works great in the master (for me). One user, however, can click on the combo box and a blank box opens, if she clicks in the blank area, something will be selected. If she types a value that is on the list, she get's an err...

Distribution list and user with no mailbox
If a user has no mailbox but is part of a DL, and I send email to that DL, will I get a bounce-back from that user? I created a test.user and added that test.user to a DL called test. The test.user has no mailbox. I send a test to the DL test but I got no boucne-back? Does the bounce-back take a day or so? No bounce backs. This is a classic technique for preventing NDR bounces for people who have left and their mailboxes removed. BSchmidt "Calvin Lai" <Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:MPG.1a49294891b4bf4398969c@shawnews... > If a user has no mailbox but i...

allow user to change workbook while in Msgbox or InputBox
Hi guys, This is probably a question of vocab - I didn't know the right terms to search for, so my apologies if this has been answered. I need to prompt a user to select a chart and then set that chart to a variable in my code. The trick is that the chart will be in a different workbook; is there a way to pop up a message, allow the user to activate a different workbook and then return to the message a click OK? I don't know if msgbox or inputbox would allow this. The general schematic is as follows: Dim ch as Chart dim ans as Integer On Error Resume Next ans = MsgBox("Please...

format "mark my comments with"
Using WinXP and Office 2007 I have typed my name in the "mark my comments with" and would like to format my comments as bold and red. How can I do that? Right now the comments include my name, but everything is blue. ...

Funnel all emails for a domain to 1 mailbox
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that currently receives email for 4 domains. I'd like to add a 5th domain and have all emails for the new domain funnel into 1 mailbox. So, emails sent to address1@newdomain.com, address2@newdomain.com, address3@newdomain.com and so on would all go to the same mailbox. I know I'd have to create the new domain and create new MX records for it, but I can't find anything that says "all emails for the new domain go to 1 mailbox." Is that even possible? Thanks, Mark. ...

Users missing from GAL
I have a weird problem... I have a user whose name disappears from the GAL if the client looking him up is running Outlook 2003 cached exchange mode. As soon as I turn off cached Exchange mode, I can see the user's name again... Turning cached exchange mode back on after that, does not help, as the user's name disappears again... Anyone seen this? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve It sounds like the Offline Address Book on your Exchange server has not been updated, by default it does this once every 24 hours, you can force a rebuild on the OAB and have the cache mode client download...

Creating multi-user Excel form for online
I have created a spreadsheet listing auction items. The columns show the retail value, current bid, minimum bid, etc. These fields have associated formulas. There are three columns that are not locked and can receive entries. I want to be able to somehow use this spreadsheet on a private website for members to bid on the auction items. My problem is that as a spreadsheet, the user must first have Excel and then must save the spreadsheet to record their bids. How do I get around the need for the user to have Excel? When saving it, is it saving to the website file or to tha...

moving mailboxes #2
we have a client running SBS 2000 where the mailboxes are on the same partition as the OS - this partition is filling up rapidly. what's the best method/safest method of moving all of the exchange storage locations to anyother drive (on the same server) thanks Using Exchange System Manager you can examine the properties of the appropriate store and move the databases using entries on the Database tab. Just type in the new destination and Exchange will stop the required services, move the store for you and re-start the services. -- Ian "Sean Moore" wrote: > we have ...

Max size of user form?
Can anyone help me with this question? What is the Max File Size a User Form can be? I have Windows 7 with Office 2007. Does it have like a 64K limit? Are referring to the size to mean dimensions (height, width) of the userform, or the size of the modules that contain the code and its controls? Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:26:01 -0700, Brian <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me with this question? > ...

Per Hour Caculations
I am trying to caculate how many hours it takes to do something and need to know how to convert the answer/caculation to hours rather than whole numbers. Example: I can do something 2Xper hour and I completed 41 items the answer should be 20.30 (20 1/2 hours) but my answer is 20.50. Divide by 24 and format as time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Patty L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c8401c3d933$e40b2140$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to caculate how many hours it takes to do > something and need to know how to convert the > an...

How do I make a read only file?
In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL or Word? Thanks Brenda You can change the attributes but if you send someone a .pdf file it will do the same thing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Brenda Mickelson" <brenda@dee-bee.com> wrote in message news:553CD213-E916-4E24-9F30-EAD0F1FEA628@microsoft.com... > In publisher - is there a way to make a read only file as you do for EXCEL > or Word? > > Thanks > Brenda ...

OWA keeps asking for user name and password
Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they keep getting the user name and password box and can not access their email. Any thoughts? If they are entering their username, domain and pw correctly, they should hit cancel the next time the box pops up. Their email should load. What version Internet expolorer are they using? Later versions require this format: domain-name\username in the user name field. >-----Original Message----- >Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they >keep getting the user name and password...

book mark not valid
Ok we started trying to get exchange 2003 installed about 2 months ago, with no luck. So we went and took a 2 day crash course. We got it set up OWA works but when we try to setup Outlook 2003 clients we get "Name not found. Book mark is not valid." Can anyone give me detailed instruction on how to fix this problem? This is the 3rd time exchange was installed in on this network. Is there anything that could be messing up the domain controllers and not allowing the info to go through. My knowledge of Exchange and Windows server 2003 is very limited. If you could explain it like your ...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...

CRM email templates not viewable by users
We have several email templates in our CRM server, most of them are Global and are viewable by the Organization, the admin is able to view the list and attach all the templates, but the users don't see the template list and thus cannot attach them, any ideas why this might be happening. Hernan Londono Project Manager FLD, Inc. We encountered a similar issue when we created new security roles. Even though we had e-mail template access set to read, we could not see the templates. We discovered that when you set up a new security profile, the Business Unit setting (under Business Mana...

Sales commission per item per period
Hi, Is it possible to retrieve a report in Dynamics GP where I can get an overview of the SALES commissions per item per period. If that is possible what report should I use? Looking forward for an early reply, -- Elaine ...

Excel VBA: Reading data from HTML-file
Hi I have several cases, where I need to read some data from client table (delivery prognoses), and create a text file based on those data. For every such project, I create an Excel table where some parameters are defined, and a macro is started, which asks for source file, opens it, reads data, creates or opens a text file, and writes a new table into it. So long I had Excel, text, or SCV files as source data, and Office 2000 on all users computers, and there were no serious problems fith reading data in. Now 2 major changes occurred. In some computers, Excel 2007 is insta...

User Access Error After Updating To SBS 2003
I was able to log on to Microsoft CRM without a problem when I had Small Business Server 2000 installed. I recently upgraded the o/s on which we are running CRM to Small Business Server 2003 and when I try to log on, as the same user that I could log on as before, I get an error stating "User Access Error" Has anyone seen this and have any suggestions as to what I need to do in order to be able to log on again? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services ...

activity history cannot be viewed by other users
I have two users A and B. I have reassigned an account from A to B, but B cannot view the history for the activities because they are owned by A. Is there a way to set the security rights so that B can view the histories? So far I have attempted to include them in the same Security Role and given them different levels of rights for Activities under the "Core" tab of the security role. Yes, it can be set via business units/security roles. For easy starting point, keep both user in the same business unit and the same security role and ensure that it is a complete green circle f...

Revision marking greyed out
Revision marking is on. All changes are greyed out so I can not accept or reject any changes. Is the document protected? You might try unprotecting it. "Ken W" wrote: > Revision marking is on. All changes are greyed out so I can not accept or > reject any changes. It's not protected. "Jerry" wrote: > Is the document protected? You might try unprotecting it. > > "Ken W" wrote: > > > Revision marking is on. All changes are greyed out so I can not accept or > > reject any changes. ...