password protect mail box?

is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box?
0
Bill7393 (298)

All Exchange mailboxes are password protected.
--
Ed Crowley
Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill"
<bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box?

Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?

0
adavid (8731)
7/12/2005 10:54:31 PM
yes it is associated with an ad account.

To further explain....

what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second exchange
account password protected with a different password? is it possible to have
more than the one e-mail account for a user?

this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.

Thanks!

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill"
> <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box?
>
> Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?

0
Bill7393 (298)
7/12/2005 11:21:01 PM
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:21:01 -0700, "bill"
<bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>yes it is associated with an ad account.
>
>To further explain....
>
>what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
>accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second exchange
>account password protected with a different password? is it possible to have
>more than the one e-mail account for a user?

What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
address for the existing user, add it to current account.

>this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.
>
>Thanks!
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill"
>> <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box?
>>
>> Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?

0
adavid (8731)
7/13/2005 12:37:12 AM
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:37:12 -0400, Andy David - Exchange MVP
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:21:01 -0700, "bill"
><bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>yes it is associated with an ad account.
>>
>>To further explain....
>>
>>what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
>>accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second exchange
>>account password protected with a different password? is it possible to have
>>more than the one e-mail account for a user?
>
>What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
>each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
>create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
>address for the existing user, add it to current account.

I typed that too fast. What I meant to say was that mailboxes have a
one-to-one relationship with an AD account.

>>this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

>>> Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?

0
adavid (8731)
7/13/2005 12:47:51 AM
thanks for the responses.

basically the goal here is to have a mailbox where confiedential e-mails can
be sent to a supervisor which cannot be accessed by the user that is logged
on at the time. Hoever the supervisor would need to access this e-mail (maby
password) without having to logout of the exsisting user.

is this at all possible? or is creating a new user and mailbox and having to
log in using the new user the only option?

Thanks fr your valuable time.

Bill

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:21:01 -0700, "bill"
> <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >yes it is associated with an ad account.
> >
> >To further explain....
> >
> >what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
> >accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second exchange
> >account password protected with a different password? is it possible to have
> >more than the one e-mail account for a user?
>
> What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
> each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
> create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
> address for the existing user, add it to current account.
>

> >this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> >> Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?

0
Bill7393 (298)
7/13/2005 1:08:01 AM
....create a secure mail-enabled public folder.

--
Bob Christian II
http://blogspot.bobchristian.com  - Blog

> thanks for the responses.
>
> basically the goal here is to have a mailbox where confiedential e-mails
> can
> be sent to a supervisor which cannot be accessed by the user that is
> logged
> on at the time. Hoever the supervisor would need to access this e-mail
> (maby
> password) without having to logout of the exsisting user.
>
> is this at all possible? or is creating a new user and mailbox and having
> log in using the new user the only option?
>
> Thanks fr your valuable time.
>
> Bill
>
> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:21:01 -0700, "bill"
>> <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >yes it is associated with an ad account.
>> >
>> >To further explain....
>> >
>> >what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
>> >accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second
>> >exchange
>> >account password protected with a different password? is it possible to
>> >have
>> >more than the one e-mail account for a user?
>>
>> What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
>> each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
>> create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
>> address for the existing user, add it to current account.
>>

>> >this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.
>> >
>> >Thanks!

0
BobChristian (293)
7/13/2005 5:11:16 AM
Bill,
So, why not set the mailbox rights appropriately so that the boss has rights
to access the confidential mailbox and the user doesn't?

No additional password would be required, though.

-V

"bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks for the responses.
>
> basically the goal here is to have a mailbox where confiedential e-mails
can
> be sent to a supervisor which cannot be accessed by the user that is
logged
> on at the time. Hoever the supervisor would need to access this e-mail
(maby
> password) without having to logout of the exsisting user.
>
> is this at all possible? or is creating a new user and mailbox and having
> log in using the new user the only option?
>
> Thanks fr your valuable time.
>
> Bill
>
> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:21:01 -0700, "bill"
> > <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >yes it is associated with an ad account.
> > >
> > >To further explain....
> > >
> > >what i would like to do is create a new e-mail account and make this
> > >accassabile to this user. Is it also possible to  have that second
exchange
> > >account password protected with a different password? is it possible to
have
> > >more than the one e-mail account for a user?
> >
> > What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
> > each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
> > create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
> > address for the existing user, add it to current account.
> >

> > >this user is only accessing the exchange server via VPN.
> > >
> > >Thanks!

0
Vakharia
7/13/2005 12:14:21 PM
how is this done? would this then be selectable from a drop down menu?

"Vakharia" wrote:

> Bill,
> So, why not set the mailbox rights appropriately so that the boss has rights
> to access the confidential mailbox and the user doesn't?
>
> No additional password would be required, though.
>
> -V
>

> "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for the responses.
> >
> > basically the goal here is to have a mailbox where confiedential e-mails
> can
> > be sent to a supervisor which cannot be accessed by the user that is
> logged
> > on at the time. Hoever the supervisor would need to access this e-mail
> (maby
> > password) without having to logout of the exsisting user.
> >
> > is this at all possible? or is creating a new user and mailbox and having
> > log in using the new user the only option?
> >
> > Thanks fr your valuable time.
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> exchange
> have
> > >
> > > What is the goal here? Mailboxes have a one-to-one relationship with
> > > each other. If you create an additional AD account, you can certainly
> > > create another mailbox for it. If you simply need an additional SMTP
> > > address for the existing user, add it to current account.

0
Bill7393 (298)

protecting sheet with combox
i'm trying to protect a sheet with a combo box in it. the combox list a bunch of values. each value you pick is linked to a formula which changes a price value in a different cell. i would like to protect the sheet so that the money value that appears in the cell can't be changed by the user. whenever i try to protect the sheet i then can't change the values in the comb box . i want to be able change the values in the combo box but have the formulas and automated cells protected. any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www....

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Multiple hyperlinks from drop down box
Hi everyone, I am an excel beginner and this is my first time posting on this site. I have no experience with macros, and am only just starting to learn the ropes of other basic functions. Currently I have multiple worksheets set up. I want to create a drop down box in a worksheet that has 5 car dealership names. From this drop down box i want to be able to click on each one of these names and have each one be a separate link to a different spot on a different worksheet. Specifically: I have a worksheet called "Brand Names". On this worksheet i want to create a drop down b...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

Outlook 2007 mail Icons and their meaning
How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine "GrahamAIC" <GrahamAIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF1E0267-767A-498D-B167-D2CACD6CEC94@microsoft.com... > How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning ...

Checking Outlook mail from other locations
What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another computer? Thanks! Stacy wrote: > What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another > computer? Thanks! No such thing. Stacy <ss100579@aol.com> wrote: > What is the URL for accessing Outlook mail from another > computer? Thanks! If you actually mean what you wrote above, then you'll need a program like VNC, pcAnywhere, or gotomypc to access your PC from another location. If you mean you want to access your mailbox, if your mailbox is on an Exchange server, you can use Outlook Web Access to read your...

E-mail link in Outlook message
Typed "vspautotheft@vsp.state.va.us" in an HTML Outlook message. It looked fine in the message but when recipients clicked on it, the e-mail address was changed to "vapautotheft@vsp.state.va.us"--just one character different but of course their e-mail was returned undeliverable. I looked at the source code in the original message and it was <a href="mailto:vapautotheft@vsp.state.va.us">vspautotheft@vs p.state.va.us</a> Does anyone know why or how this would happen and how to prevent it? Thanks. Yes, the link did exactly as it was told to d...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Problem receiving mails using VPN
Hi. I have a problem updating my folders in Outlook 2003 when I'm using th VPN at home to connect to the Exchange server. I can however send email with no problem. Outlook states that I'm connected. When it tries to update the folde showing the status "Waiting to update this folder" the Outlook icon i the system tray tells me that "Outlook is requesting data from th server" but nothing happens. I can ping the IP address (and server name) of the Exchange server. When I create a new message and try to look up the recepient from th addressbook outlook freezes. So...

Enforce Combo Box Selection
I've got this code in the RowSource property of a combo box called cboLocale. It restricts the choices in Locale based on the users selection in cboSite_ID. SELECT DISTINCT LOCALE, CLIENT_ID FROM tblSales_MTD WHERE (((CLIENT_ID)=[Forms]![frmADM_Assign]![sfrmADM_Assign].[Form]![cboSite_ID])); The problem is, in the On Exit event of cboLocale, I have this code: If IsNull(Me.cboLocale) Then Cancel = True With Me![cboLocale] .Requery .SetFocus .Dropdown End With MsgBox "You must select a locale!", vbCritical, "Error Notice" End If In many cases...

Recipients problem in received mails
Hi, We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4. Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server. Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I checked the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlo...

Combo boxes #12
I have a combo box in a form that lists all of the countries. I am trying to set it up so that if the user presses the first letter, it goes to the name of the first country with that letter and then if they press the same letter again, it goes to the next country that begins with that letter. I have the first part working, but the second part is not working. I press a letter once and it goes to the first country beginning with that letter, but when I press it again, it doesn't go to the next one. Is there a property to set in the form for that combo box to make it do this? -- LAF ...

How do I import e-mail files into Microsoft Publisher 2003?
I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into Publisher? How do I get Word files into Publisher for editing? Thank You Copy/Paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Publisher Fan" <Publisher Fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B237A1-C5C9-4E51-9AAF-37DC119EFBB2@microsoft.com... >I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and > change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into > Publisher? > How do I get Word files...

please help: pop3 connector does not deliver mails
hello, i have trouble with sbs2003 server and exchange. everything was working fine about 3 years (until last week problem occured). i searched for any help on internet but still can not solve. my problem is with pop3 connector. it recieves mails from isp but does not deliver to the user mailboxes. event log reports 1060,1061 and 1062 errors. (error id 1060 is talking about smtp server does not working, but exchange can send-recieve mails between inside users) what am i missing? please help... thx You may want to start with this KB article about troubleshooting the ...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

how to find a single word in Live Mail ?
I am having this problem : since a few days, I'm receiving the same spam mail by hundreds per day. In the subject header, it reads : "hi" (without the brackets). Since my spamfilter does not stop the mail and I am not able to construct and use a message rule (this is message seems to protect itself against that), the only thing I can do, is receive the mails and then filter them out, using the search function. But when I type in the search box for header : "hi", it returns not only the spam messages, but also all the messages that contain "hi"...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Outgoing mail server reset
I have three pop3 accounts configured on my outlook 2003. Each of the uses a unique outgoing mail server. i.e. mail.server.com; pop3.server2.com; emailserver.com. Since yesterday, every time I close outlook all outgoing servers are resetting to "localhost". I am not aware of any changes made on the computer, no viruses found by AV, no other strange behaviour. Any ideas? TIA. Your virus software. Turn it off. I had the same problem drove me nuts. "Ran" <rnahmias@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3f9301c4a5c4$2042fa90$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I have three p...

remote users sending mail through Exchange
I have 5 users who travel frequently and need to send outbound mail through our Exchange Server. I have SBS 2003 premium/Exchange 2003. Is there a simple way to setup the Outlook clients to be able to send mail through the Exchange Server? I know that it can be done with RPC over HTTP but that requires XP Pro, Outlook 2003. These clients are running W2k Pro and Outlook XP (2002). Any help is greatly appreciated! Chris Chris Linscheid wrote: > I have 5 users who travel frequently and need to send outbound mail > through our Exchange Server. I have SBS 2003 premium/Exchange 2003....

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

windows mail blocked senders list
How can I pull up the list of blocked senders on my computer Tools | Junk E-mail Options | Blocked Senders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "RB" <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A09D474-BD3D-4F4C-9881-533C812DE361@microsoft.com... > How can I pull up the list of blocked senders on my computer ...

Group mail
Hi, How to send a group mail to all the addresses in address book and I want to display only their address in their mails. I dont want to show entire list of all addresses. Please let me know. Naresh ...

format combo box list
I have a combo box list in a form, I was wondering is there a way to change the color of some of the records listed in the box. Like I want to flag certain records as closed and change the color to red and leave the rest of the list in black font. Thanks Kim Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all ...