password error when setting up first 2003 exchange server in domain

we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on that 
server.

did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.

we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:


 ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
(f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
complexity and password history requirements.
[16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
[16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
(f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
complexity and password history requirements.
[16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
[16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
(f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
complexity and password history requirements.

I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but no 
affect.

any ideas?
please?
:)



0
gary2378 (28)
2/15/2007 9:29:01 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
590 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

"gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
> that server.
>
> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>
> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:
>
>
> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
> complexity and password history requirements.
> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
> complexity and password history requirements.
> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
> complexity and password history requirements.
>
> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but no 
> affect.
>
> any ideas?
> please?
> :)
>
>
> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/15/2007 9:49:38 PM
dumb question:
how do you refresh the policy?



"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message 
news:eR2EysUUHHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
> -- 
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
>> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
>> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
>> that server.
>>
>> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>>
>> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:
>>
>>
>> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
>> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
>> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>>
>> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but no 
>> affect.
>>
>> any ideas?
>> please?
>> :)
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gary2378 (28)
2/15/2007 9:50:42 PM
did gpupdate, but still get same error.


"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message 
news:eR2EysUUHHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
> -- 
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
>> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
>> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
>> that server.
>>
>> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>>
>> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:
>>
>>
>> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
>> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
>> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password 
>> complexity and password history requirements.
>>
>> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but no 
>> affect.
>>
>> any ideas?
>> please?
>> :)
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gary2378 (28)
2/15/2007 9:52:47 PM
gpupdate /force

"gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
news:OHssbtUUHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> dumb question:
> how do you refresh the policy?
>
>
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message 
> news:eR2EysUUHHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
>> -- 
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>
>> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
>>> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
>>> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
>>> that server.
>>>
>>> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>>>
>>> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:
>>>
>>>
>>> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
>>> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
>>> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>
>>> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but 
>>> no affect.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>> please?
>>> :)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
chris.lehr (58)
2/15/2007 10:57:26 PM
thanks, found that a few minutes ago (google is my friend)

unfortunately I still get the same darn error.

right now we are on the phone with Dell, they are having us change the 
default domain policy password requirements .  they think we may have been 
too complex with passwords.  I doubt that myself, why would microsoft 
require you to have no policy for password when it is running domainprep? 
that wouldnt be very secure.

gary




"Chris Lehr" <chris.lehr@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:ejB%23qSVUHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> gpupdate /force
>
> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
> news:OHssbtUUHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> dumb question:
>> how do you refresh the policy?
>>
>>
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message 
>> news:eR2EysUUHHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
>>> -- 
>>> Ed Crowley
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>
>>> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
>>>> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
>>>> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
>>>> that server.
>>>>
>>>> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>>>>
>>>> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
>>>> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
>>>> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>>
>>>> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but 
>>>> no affect.
>>>>
>>>> any ideas?
>>>> please?
>>>> :)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gary2378 (28)
2/15/2007 11:05:26 PM
when they had us try domainprep from the operational exchange 2000 server, 
we see this error:


Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
Event ID: 1002
Date:  2/15/2007
Time:  6:06:23 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ouremailserver
Description:
Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Domain Preparation failed.
Error: 0x800708c5 - The password does not meet the password policy 
requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and 
password history requirements.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.





"gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
news:%23LpTNXVUHHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> thanks, found that a few minutes ago (google is my friend)
>
> unfortunately I still get the same darn error.
>
> right now we are on the phone with Dell, they are having us change the 
> default domain policy password requirements .  they think we may have been 
> too complex with passwords.  I doubt that myself, why would microsoft 
> require you to have no policy for password when it is running domainprep? 
> that wouldnt be very secure.
>
> gary
>
>
>
>
> "Chris Lehr" <chris.lehr@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:ejB%23qSVUHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> gpupdate /force
>>
>> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OHssbtUUHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> dumb question:
>>> how do you refresh the policy?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message 
>>> news:eR2EysUUHHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Make sure the policy is refreshed on the machine you're trying to load.
>>>> -- 
>>>> Ed Crowley
>>>> MVP - Exchange
>>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>>
>>>> "gary" <gary@micro.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23AtgWhUUHHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>> we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools.
>>>>> had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have 
>>>>> installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on 
>>>>> that server.
>>>>>
>>>>> did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep.
>>>>>
>>>>> we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it 
>>>>> says:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts 
>>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146)
>>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>>> [16:10:56] Leaving ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts
>>>>> [16:10:56]  CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects 
>>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\domprep\a_permissions.cxx:150)
>>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>>> [16:10:56] Leaving CAtomPermissions::ScAddDSObjects
>>>>> [16:10:56] mode = 'DomainPrep' (61966) CBaseAtom::ScSetup 
>>>>> (f:\titanium\admin\src\udog\setupbase\basecomp\baseatom.cxx:842)
>>>>>           Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the 
>>>>> password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, 
>>>>> password complexity and password history requirements.
>>>>>
>>>>> I even turned off password complexity temporarily in group policy, but 
>>>>> no affect.
>>>>>
>>>>> any ideas?
>>>>> please?
>>>>> :)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gary2378 (28)
2/15/2007 11:19:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

SFO
When going offline SFO gets the following error: Microsoft Metadata Cache Error - No entity" Any help? tanks, vagg Try to remove local metadata C:\Documents and Settings\<User.Domain>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Metadata\metadata.xml and restart Outlook. Let me know more details if you will see GoOffline problem. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "vagg" wrote: > When going offline SFO gets the following error: > Microsoft Metadata Cache Error - No entity" > > Any help? > > tanks, > vagg ...

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column
Hi how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that colum Than alekm Do you mean put the actual cell address in the cell? If so, try: =IF(ROW()<n,"",ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)) where n = last row to exclude. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column > >Thanx > >alekm >. > Hi something like =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,10,0,1000)) to exclude the first 10 cells? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alekm wrote: > Hi, > how to address all ce...

Sync Servises Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I keep getting this Error message when I sync my iphone to my macbook pro. Some things are not syncing over and items on my calendar in entourage are duplicating. Here are the notes - Please let me know if you have any suggestions..... <br><br>Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 <br><br>Error Signature: <br> Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS <br> Date/Time: 2010-05-12 16:40:18 -0500 <br> Application Name: Microsoft Sync Services <br> Application Bundle ID: co...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Exchange 2003 and Zetafax
Hi, I have a problem with Zetafax 9.1.345 and Exchange 2003. I like to send a fax from Outlook 2003 (without Zetafax extension installed) in this format: Only a Word Attachment (ore more Word attachment). Zetafax send always a fax with a white page before my Word document.. Why? Can I resolve it? It's very important for me. Thank's Andrea On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:16:27 +0100, "Andrea Racca" <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote: >Hi, >I have a problem with Zetafax 9.1.345 and Exchange 2003. >I like to send a fax from Outlook 2003 (without Zetafax extension installed...

error 0x80040107
I just installed a 3rd Exchange 2003 server into our Organization and immediately began to get Public Folder replication errors. Event ID: 3079 Unexpected replication thread error 0x80040107 on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store(local Exchange server name)" Event ID: 3089 Error 0x80040107 occured while processing an incoming replication message on Public Folder Store "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (local Exchange server name)" Event ID: 3087 An incoming replicaton message was not processed. I have run DCDIAG and all tests passed. I have un...

Error Printing Excel Attachment
Hello, I'm running the following code to print Excel attachments in emails. 2 things are happening. I either get the "File in Use PERSONAL.XLS is locked for editing" or when I run this on another computer the code completes but nothing prints. I have the same code printing .tiff attachments ( changed the Shell program) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Public Sub PrintExcelAttachments() Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder Dim Item As MailItem Dim Atmt As Attachment Dim FileName As String Dim i As Integer Set Inbox = GetNamespace(&q...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

error 0x8004920a outlook express
I have an email account through windows live in outlook express for my university, Ohio University-chillicothe. I cannot open this account or access outlook at all even though I have verified my ID and password. I have time sensitive material in this account as it comes from my instructors. I am in desperate need of help here. Can you access the account using the same username & password at http://mail.live.com? What do you mean by you cannot "access outlook"? You can't even open Outlook (Express)? Have any of your computer science instructors mentioned t...

Outlook 2002 Error msg. after closing program
After I close Outlook 2002 I get the following error message: PROGRA~1\mi1933~\Office10\Outlook.exe Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Hi Jim, Based on my experience, the issue may occur in several situations and we may have to completely remove Office program to check the problem. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated. To narrow it down, let us try the following troubleshooting steps: Repair Outlook ========== 1) Close Outlook, click start menu | control panel 2) Click "add/remove program". 3) Click "change or remove programs...

Error 80131509
I have crm 3.0. Recently We started receiving this error any time the system has to send an email automatically. The email for the case creation stays on the system. If I try to send the email with the send button in activities it goes out without issue. ...

Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy and Expiration
I'm curious why are the Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy and Enforce Password Expiration is diabled in Greatplains 8.0 when i create a user. my client want to know how to enable it. hope for your prompt action. -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Specialist STRC Only works for SQL 2005. If you client wants to use a beta database server... "Jher" wrote: > I'm curious why are the Change Password Next Login, Enforce Password Policy > and Enforce Password Expiration is diabled in Greatplains 8.0 when i create a > user. my client want to know how to enab...

Compatibility Pack settings?
I can open a 2007 xlsx with 2003 by double clicking the file, but if I'm already in 2003 and use OPEN and navigate to a 2007 file, I can't open it. Is there somewhere that I can enable the compatibility pack automatically when excel 2003 opens to allow this? TIA Try downloading this compatibility pack (see link below). Once it is downloaded you should be able to open the 2007 Excel files. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en "BABs" wrote: > I can open a 2007 xlsx with 2003...

Strange error
Hello, I am trying to a load a RSS with some really simple=20 code. However when I run the code I got this error: '=1F', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line=20 1, position 1. Though the rss seems to me well formed. Here is the code=20 and the rss. TestRSS("http://www- 106.ibm.com/developerworks/news/dw_webservices.rss") Function TestRSS(ByVal strRSS As String) Dim reader As New XmlTextReader(strRSS) ' Load the XmlTextReader to the XmlDocument Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) ...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

Passwords #3
Using outlook2002. For some reason, it will not store the password. I have checked the box that says "remember password", but, each time I try to log in. It will ask me for it. Any ideas. I am thinking about recreating the profile for thismailbox. I am a consultant, and my customer doesn't know how (or won't write down what I tell them) to do this. Thanks ...

Cannot delete mail --Messaging interface error
When I try to delete mail, I get a "messaging interface has returned an unknown error" and can't delete. I know I can do a "shift-delete" and remove it permanently, but how can I just make it as it was, to use only the delete key and have it go into the deleted files folder? Using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. Joe Morales ...

Setting DropDownList default question
Is it possible to set the last item in a DropDownList as the default, and if so how? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Mike P" <mike.parr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%238y4y%23h4KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the last item in a DropDownList as the default, > and if so how? There is no such thing as a "default" item in a drop down list. If you simply want to make the last item in the list the SELECTED item, then do myListBox.SelectedIndex = myListBox.Items.Count - 1; This ass...

What to do if you change domain names
What settings need to be changed after your Exchange 2003 installation changes from abc.com to xyz.com, say you registered a new domain name and want to start using that domain for email?? Chris Chris wrote: > What settings need to be changed after your Exchange 2003 > installation changes from abc.com to xyz.com, say you > registered a new domain name and want to start using that > domain for email?? See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html - explains how to host multiple domains for mail. You can make the default whichever one you want. > > Chris ...

CRM
I am going to keep posting this till somebody responds.... Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this or at least suggest a troubleshooting approach? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...