Password change problem with outlook web access

Hi,

       we are using exchange 2000 server for email. we have set up the OWA
also. Everything is working fine. Now some of our users are not able to
log-in using OWA. I am thinking it is due to password change problem. With in
our internal network, after certain number of days, the windows operating
system will prompt to change password. In this case, if a user's password has
expired and if they are trying to use OWA, then it won't prompt them to
change password since they are not inside our network.  so, they are not able
to log-in. If I change their password in exchange server, then they are able
to log-in as usual. Is there a way to prompt them for password change if they
are not inside our network? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sridhar.
0
Sridhar (5)

Password Protect Two Sub-contact Lists
Hi everyone! I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. How can I password protect the personal and personal business lists? Thanks for any help! Sorry, I just realized that there's a newsgroup dedicated to contacts. I'll post this there. Thanks! Nick2112@sympatico.ca wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I have a regular contact list, and within this list I have two > subcontact lists. One is personal, and the other is personal business. > How can I password protect the personal and...

Outlook 2002 Duplicate Pop emails/accounts
Two Pop email accounts in Outlook 2002. Each time a message comes in, there are two copies. I know someone suggested a work-around previously, but I had to reinstall my email accounts in Outlook and I'm back to the same problem as before. Help! Thanks, Robert ...

change date on batch through sql
We use the same sales batch on an ongoing basis. I would like to have the batch date update automatically every day so that users dont have to remember to update the batch date manually. I tried creating a macro but it did not work. I do not know if there is a current date function that I can use in a macro. I am now trying to do this through a sql job. I am planning on updating SY00500 table (GLPOSTDT and MODIFDT fields). Is this all or do I need to update any other field/table? I am open to any other suggestions. We do not have VB/modifier. ...

Changing fonts in Client View

How do I change Column Headings from Letters to Numbers in Excel .
I am sure it is easy to change the headers from the default A, B, C,.. to numbers (1, 2, 3, ...). The book I have does not mention it and I have not yet found it. The reason I am after numbers, is I want to import a comma delimited file daily. The file is almost 100 columns and when setting the 'Text', 'General', or 'Skip This File' there is almost no way to keep track of which column is being formatted ('cept the finger & toe method) Am I going about this wrong? I would like to create a template for this. Any help is appreciated. hi, goto tools>options...

Problem on sending emails

Passwords #5
I would like to password protect a workbook so that when the workbook is selected to open a dialog box pops up asking for the password and after the password is entered correctly the workbook will then open. Thanks for the the help. Todd Todd, do a save as and look under options, depending on what version you are using and set a password to open -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address t...

my switchboard prevents me making changes to the database
the database opens with a switchboard screen and doesn't provide access to all the database tools so I can make changes, open tables, etc. In Access 2000 and 2002 you would hold down the control or shift key when you opened the database and it turned off the switchboard control features to open normally. I'm using Office 2003. Is there a similar key to press and hold when you open a database to turn the switchboard feature off? Thanks! Holding down the shift key works exactly the same in Access 2003 as in previous versions. If it's not working for you, perhaps someone set ...

Problem receiving mails using VPN
Hi. I have a problem updating my folders in Outlook 2003 when I'm using th VPN at home to connect to the Exchange server. I can however send email with no problem. Outlook states that I'm connected. When it tries to update the folde showing the status "Waiting to update this folder" the Outlook icon i the system tray tells me that "Outlook is requesting data from th server" but nothing happens. I can ping the IP address (and server name) of the Exchange server. When I create a new message and try to look up the recepient from th addressbook outlook freezes. So...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Outlook can not find servers after updating office xp
I updated office xp with the service pack 3. Now outlook does not work. It can not find the servers on any of my email accounts. Everything worked fine prior to installing the patch. What change took place with Outlook to make it not find the servers? This is my work PC, and I need to get outlook operational. I need to either 1) fix the problem or 2) figure out how to completely remove office and the update so that I can reinstall office. Thank you in advance. What sort of accounts do you have? What version of Windows are you running? If Windows XP, did you also just apply SP-1? -- J...

Having a problem formatting short time
I am having a problem formatting time in my spreadsheet. If I type in a number (ex. 1300) and then try to format the cell this is what happens .... the cell changes to 00:00 and the formula bar shows 7/23/1903 12:00 AM. Can anyone help me? I give up! -- On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:04:00 -0700, clueless <clueless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having a problem formatting time in my spreadsheet. If I type in a >number (ex. 1300) and then try to format the cell this is what happens .... >the cell changes to 00:00 and the formula bar shows 7/23/1903 12:00 AM. Can ...

From Outlook Express to Outlook
On my old computer I used Outlook Express. On my new computer I use Outlook. How can I, by for example burning a cd, get my emailmessages and contactlist from Outlook Express to Outlook in a good way? Thanks for your answer, Edwin Evo <van.oosten@quicknet.nl> wrote: > On my old computer I used Outlook Express. On my new computer I use > Outlook. How can I, by for example burning a cd, get my emailmessages > and contactlist from Outlook Express to Outlook in a good way? Copy the .idx and .wab files from your old PC to a CD. Copy then to the new PC and remove the read-o...

Changing Computer Name
I've replaced my POS station with a new machine. I want to take the old system and replace one of my older workstations with that system. In doing this, I would like to change the computer name. I thought I read somewhere that you did not want to do this after you installed RMS. Is that the case? -- John M. John, That's only an issue if you have MSDE installed with the store's database on it. Change away. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. ...

ExchangeIS Schema Changing?
I'm temporarily in an environment that is using Trip Wire Mangager 4.5 to monitor some of it's servers. Most alerts are false positives that can be cleared. One, however, is appearing daily and cannot be cleared it indicates that the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Schema" has changed. I've checked the KB and Googled to see what may be causing this, or how it works, but can find nothing. Is this a schema that would change as part of its everyday operations? Also, when comparing two day's errors, the changes are DACL changes,...

Keep user passwords
Hi! We've just finished installing a new Exchange server and connecting it to a separate DC. We used to have everything on the same server but we'd like to be able to scale our solution better in the future - therefore the new setup. Users are primarily connecting to Exchange by means of RPC over HTTP from clients that are not part of our AD. The old setup allowed users to save passwords if they configured their clients to use NTLM authentication and followed the directions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820281. This worked both for RPC...

How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?
I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the password. Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet? There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools. Your favorite search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel password" or "excel password cracker". A good one that many report great success with can be found at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html "Laurie" wrote: > I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the > p...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

Change Font Color Based on Classification
Can I have the Font color in a specific row be a certain color based on a value in one cell in that row. I am looking at data for different room types classified as A,B,C,D or E. Each row is for a different room with one of those classifications. I want the whole row to dislay one or five different font colors (respectivley) based on the classification. How can I do this, Scott for 5 colors you need to use VBA to get it If four were acceptable use Conditional formating (one default and three conditional) I "sip8316" wrote: > Can I have the Font color in a specifi...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

error 0x8004920a outlook express
I have an email account through windows live in outlook express for my university, Ohio University-chillicothe. I cannot open this account or access outlook at all even though I have verified my ID and password. I have time sensitive material in this account as it comes from my instructors. I am in desperate need of help here. Can you access the account using the same username & password at http://mail.live.com? What do you mean by you cannot "access outlook"? You can't even open Outlook (Express)? Have any of your computer science instructors mentioned t...

Expand Outlook Folder
Hello all, I'm new user on this groups. I would like to know how to expand all folder on Outlook 2002 in tree folder view with vba ? Or, How to record a macro to do this ? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2007 Locks Up #2
I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. Outlook 2007 is locking up on all workstations at least once a day. This started shortly after the Feb. 12, 2008 updates. I have seen numerous posts via Google on this subject. Has anyone found a solution yet? -Mike if its bad and you didnt find a solution within the first hour you should stop losing time and call MS "SMC" <mmcelrath@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:uJ%23zE84jIHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a SBS 2003 R1 Prem. server with 5 workstations attached to it. >Outlo...

Password
I am working with publisher 2007. I finished my site last Dec. and went to make changes. It is not letting me make changes because it does not like my password. I can not figure out how to go in a reset everything from my provider. Any suggestions. I was also trying to see if I could find web publishing wizard, which doesn't seem to exsist with 2007. Thanks If you are saying you forgot your password then contact the ISP Tech Support and they will reset the password to something like 1 2 3 4 or something other that is very simple. They will also instruct you to change it to somethin...

Changing the Button Class
Hey! I have a question. I used the Resourceditor to draw a Dialog. The resourceditor uses the CButton class. What do I have to do if I want to use another class ... like a derived class with much more functionallity. TIA Make your derived class, then add a variable through the resource editor but instead of using the CButton class, use your own. If you can't do it through the app wizard directly, just edit it afterwards in the header. You can also look into subclassing (if you don't use DDX), but I never know where exactly to call SubclassWindow, you might find that info throu...