OWA...change password....work around for SSL....EXCHANGE 2000

Hi

OWA in Exchange 2000 has been configured. For the change password
option an SSL certificate is required. The problem is that we already
have ONE SSL certificate and the company cant afford to but another
one at the moment for various reasons.

I want to set up a work around such that when the user clicks 'CHANGE
PASSWORD' it goes to another link than the default one which should be
lets say 'http://www.company.com/changepassword'. This website has SSL
implemented hence we could use our 'change password' option.

Is that possible? How do i go about it?

If not possible, is there a workaround from not buying an SSL
certificate?

Any idea whatsoever would be great. Thanx in advance.

Umar Pirzada

What do you mean by you already have ONE cert?  Is that ONE cert assigned to
a different web server?

Also, SSL isn't "required" to set up the change password, but it's sure
recommended.  In your case, if you don't have SSL set up for OWA, though,
there really isn't much benefit of setting up SSL for changing passwords, as
everything now transmits the passwords in plain text.
See the following link for details about setting up the change password
option.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327134

As far as the company not being able to afford another SSL cert, I think
that's bogus.  You can get an SSL cert for as low as ~$150 per YEAR.  Are
they seriously saying that they cannot afford $150/yr?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Umar Pirzada" <umarpirzada@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> OWA in Exchange 2000 has been configured. For the change password
> option an SSL certificate is required. The problem is that we already
> have ONE SSL certificate and the company cant afford to but another
> one at the moment for various reasons.
>
> I want to set up a work around such that when the user clicks 'CHANGE
> PASSWORD' it goes to another link than the default one which should be
> lets say 'http://www.company.com/changepassword'. This website has SSL
> implemented hence we could use our 'change password' option.
>
> Is that possible? How do i go about it?
>
> If not possible, is there a workaround from not buying an SSL
> certificate?
>
> Any idea whatsoever would be great. Thanx in advance.
>
> Umar Pirzada

0
Ben

Excel Not Opening using OWA

I need aid on like working with econnect
I have been trying to get econnect to work in my company but I dont know how to do it. My email address is jcdiazgm@gmail.com. Thank You. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Changing chart types with series
Hi, I currently have a graph comprised of 4 different series. 2 of the series are bar graphs, 2 others are line graphs. The problem is that one of the bar graphs is overtop of the other bar graph meaning I can't see that series. I've tried going in and changing it by changing the overlapped bar graph to a line graph but I can't seem to do it. I've right clicked, selected chart types but I can't change only 1 series of the graph. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks, -- miteeka Sounds like one column is on the primary and the other is on the secondary axis. You need ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Enforce Password Policy and Expiration. When?
Hello, When should I use "Enforce Password Policy" and "Enforce Password Expiration" on a SQL Login? I know that there is another option "User must change password at next login" but this one I always leave unchecked. Thank You, Miguel ...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

re: slow OWA

Outlook 2000 .PST backup add-on...
.... which I've just discovered and downloaded, won't let me make a backup... it says "Cannot copy outlook: Acces is denied". I've checked under Tools to make sure it's there and it is. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks! C. As Ben may be asleep, <quote> Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm <unquote> (Thanks Ben - excellent page!!) Ed "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:u0k8%23vUUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ... which I've jus...

Column heading changing
I have a delegate who has a spreadsheet that when he has emailed it to a collegue the A, B C, etc on the columns has changed to 1,2,3 etc. This only happens on 1 computer the others are fine. Has anyone seen this problem before and knows how to change it back??? Thank in advance JudithJubilee Hi Go to Tools / Options / General and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Andy. "JudithJubilee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17e2e01c42226$6c66baf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a delegate who has a spreadsheet that when he has > emailed...

Terminal Service Client Changing passwords
Administrators can change their password when Terminal Serviced into a Windows 2003 Server from the command line, but is there a way for users to change their passwords while Terminal Services/Remote Desktopped into a Terminal Service box? Pete The users may press Ctrl+Alt+End which will simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del which will bring up the MS Windows Security box which has an option to change password on it. "Pete" <pete_howarth@adp.com> wrote in message news:16fc601c420cd$d16554c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Administrators can change their password when Terminal > Serviced ...

Changing Order and Quote names
I know you all have answered this before but I can't find it now. Is it possible to rename the entities Order and Quote to something different? If there is a way to do this change, is it supported? Is there an unsupported way to do this? Changing these names to match our company lingo would make implementing this much smoother. Thanks for your assistance. Jared Frank Affinigent, Inc. Jared While it may be possible you would have to alter the underlying code to do it meaning microsoft would not support you. Also the words would have to be changed in many different places. I would ...

Backup Exec. 9 - Exchange 5.5
Ok, here is my dilemma. A week ago, ran out of room on the server II x-drive which had all exchange services on it. Exchanged shut down due to no disk storage. I tried to run a complete full Backup with Backup Exec. 9 Thi software is on server II and yes, I do have the Exchange Agent runnin on III. But never could get the backup exec to flush all log files. I re-allocated my resources and moved the Priv. and Pub. stuff to th new Z:drive. I moved a large portion of the existing ebdxxx.log files to server I t free up some space. Ok, problem one. - Think I have it solved but still wa...

FORMULA CHANGES
First the spreadsheet we are talking about here was created in Excel '97 and I am now using Excel 2003. In each row I have a formula in column P that sums cells in the I & J columns. Ex.(=SUM(I1:J1) I am having a problem when I am filling out a row and enter something into the cell in the I column then enter a figure into the K COLUMN it is changing the fomula in column P to =SUM(I1:K1). IN OTHERWORDS, IT IS NOW INCLUDING THE CELL IN COLUMN K. Now, what is even more interesting is when I don't enter anything in to I column but enter something into J column it doesn't c...

how do I move e-mails from Outlook 2000 to Outlook express?
I was wondering if it were possible to move messages from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express (or vice versa). My parents use Outlook express, but accidently have several e-mails in Outlook 2000. Before I remove the account they have in Outlook 2000, I want to make certain that they have their e-mail in Outlook Express. My parents aren't very computer literate so they prefer Outlook express because of it is simple. BTW, for some reason I can't forward messages in Outlook 2000.. There is no forward button, and I can't seem to find a way to forward it (tried to find it in toolb...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Citibank download not working
I am using Money 2003 Deluxe and have been downloading credit card activity from Citibank for months without any problems. Recently, however, the downloads (using Internet Updates-->Update Now) are not pulling in new Citibank activity. All other non-Citi accounts continue to work. I've noticed that the date under the "Last Downloaded" column are way into the future (4/25/2101 and 1/27/2089). Is there a problem specifically with Citicards? If not, how do I change the date back to the last real download date? It appears that I won't be able to download any new a...

Exchange 2000 migration to outside mail source
Setup: Win 2k server running exchange 2000 How can I setup Exchange to tell internal clients to search the outside mail server fro recipients first, instead of the Exchange server? When someone sends a message from an internal source we want the message to look for the recipient on the outside mail server and not the Exchange server. Is there anyway to do this? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks, Devin So are you hosting your own SMTP mail with Exchange? Please explain your setup a little more. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...

Forgotten Password on Excel Workbook
Hi there Can anyone help me. I have forgotten the password on a worksheet. Is there any way to open the document? thanks mary Mary Which is it? Password on File to open? http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm http://cpearson.com/excel/password.htm Password on Worksheet? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Password on Workbook? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html See links to other sites when at John McGimpsey's site. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:23:31 -0700, "mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi...

Is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder Li
As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? No, not possible that I know of, sorry. g-star wrote: > As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders > in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? ...

Currency Code changes?
Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on credits. But I wonder why it changed to brackets ( ) for a credit currency amount? I went to tools->setup->system -> currency.. Did you change or review your Windows Regional Settings lately. GP takes settings from there for things like date format, etc... -- Lyle U KC wrote: > Have you ever seen it where the currency code changes on its own? > Its not a big deal I just changed it back to show a minus sign on > credits. But I wonder wh...

Would "standard" Billpay plan work with Money?
Recently started using Money 2005. I have already signed up with Online bill payment with my bank and now considering MSN Billpay - mainly to do transfers between various checking accounts. Couple of questions - 1. If I signup with MSN Billpay - would it stop me from using my bank's online bill payment? For any payment would I have the option of choosing my bank's bill payment or MSN Billpay service? 2. If I try to signup for MSN Billpay from billpay.msn.com I get two plans - standard and premium. Whereas if I attempt the signup within Money 2005 I get only Premium option. If ...

Mailbox rights Excgange 2000 and Outlook
Can someone help or clarify....If someone delegates access to their mailbox via Office 2000/2003 (tool,options,delegate),does it relflect back to the Active Directory User and Computers Exchange Advanced, Mailbox Rights for that user? If not, I'm trying to find a command or tool that will alow me to check what the user had alloweddelgate access via Outlook without having to go into each mailbox... Regards, Phil You could probably start by getting some generic information by querying for the PublicDelegates and PublicDelegatesBL attributes in AD via your favorite ldap querying t...

How to change to BOLD in CEdit
I would like to change the weight or color of text in a CEdit box. When I use the following code, the font seems to change to the system font which seems 'bold' but I can't restore the font (MS Sans Serif). The code below is substantially from samples and/or MFC Programming with Visual C++ 6 unleashed 1999 (this started as a VS 6.0 project). I'm a novice and source code and literature would be useful. I've tried to put CFONT font in the header file (as per one of the messages) and I get a crash. ----------------- C O D E ------------------------------ CFont* pFont =...