OWA URL and OWA authentication

Hi,
I'm trying to change my owa url. Actually is https://mydomain.com/exchang
but I dont want users have to type the /exchange. I went to IIS into default
web site properties into home directory tab, and than check redirection to a
URL and than type /exchange, but may I forgot something because it doesn't
work.

The other question is : I would like that the user have to type their e-mail
address and password to get into the owa. At this time, they have to type
their user domain name and pwd.

Tk
0
France (16)

For the redirection to work, you'll also need to check the box marked "A
directory below URL entered."  This is how I do the redirection, and it
works fine for me.

For logging in with the e-mail address, you'll have to configure a few
different things.  If your email address domain is the same as your active
directory domain, you'll need to configure the user principal name in Active
Directory.  Bring up the property sheet for a user account, then click on
the Account tab.  Set the User logon name (the first one, not the
pre-Windows 200) to be the left side of the e-mail address.  Change the drop
down box to @yourdomain.com.

If your AD domain is not the same as your email addresses, you'll need to
add a UPN (User Principal Name) suffix to AD before you can change the drop
down box to @yourdomain.com.  To do this, follow the instructions below:

To add user principal name suffixes
      1.
     Open Active Directory Domains and Trusts.

      2.
     In the console tree, right-click Active Directory Domains and Trusts,
and then click Properties.

      3.
     On the UPN Suffixes tab, type an alternative UPN suffix for the forest,
and then click Add.

      4.
     Repeat step 3 to add additional alternative user principal name
suffixes.

"France" <France@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm trying to change my owa url. Actually is https://mydomain.com/exchang
> but I dont want users have to type the /exchange. I went to IIS into
> default
> web site properties into home directory tab, and than check redirection to
> URL and than type /exchange, but may I forgot something because it doesn't
> work.
>
> The other question is : I would like that the user have to type their
> e-mail
> address and password to get into the owa. At this time, they have to type
> their user domain name and pwd.
>
> Tk

For the first question, I did this by adding an alias to our DNS record for
"webmail" pointing it to the exchange server.
Now, folks can type:    webmail.mydomain.com

If your DNS is hosted by your ISP, you will need to request this of them,
unless they provide a control panel or something so you can make the
changes.

As for the authentication, I don't know for sure, but I think they will have
to logon with:     domain\username
But, if not, I'd like to hear of ways to shortcut this.  :-)

Bob

"France" <France@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm trying to change my owa url. Actually is https://mydomain.com/exchang
> but I dont want users have to type the /exchange. I went to IIS into
> default
> web site properties into home directory tab, and than check redirection to
> URL and than type /exchange, but may I forgot something because it doesn't
> work.
>
> The other question is : I would like that the user have to type their
> e-mail
> address and password to get into the owa. At this time, they have to type
> their user domain name and pwd.
>
> Tk

0
name6034 (26)

Deleting message from OWA
Hi, Is there a way to delete a whole chunk of message from OWA ? instead of page by page. Got this account which always has load of junk and I did a search for expected items with the rest of message which I would removed. Is there a way to remove message. At present, I moved the wanted messsage to another folder and delete the rest page by page which take forevers (if you know the number of message involved is about 6,000 per day and there is only 25 message per page). Don't seems to be able to increase number of message display each page or anything which will help to speed up t...

have to format URL
hi using 2007 When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then have to make it a hyperlink why is this? -- Martin ���� What format is the email you're sending? Also, many times the receiving email program will turn URL-like text into clickable URLs anyway. "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:36kue4trp7vt2e3a87sq91vgeigi2j4ek8@4ax.com... > hi > using 2007 > When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then > have to make it a hyperlink > why is this? what are you doing to make it a hyperlink? at most,...

OWA security
Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL listed in my security protocol? No you can just create a VPN connection as this uses 128 bit encryption. "Sam" <hulett2354@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069401c35256$3ef032e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do I have to purchase a certificate to enable the SSL > listed in my security protocol? ...

OWA redirect from http:// to https://
I have an SBS 2003 server with FBA enabled and https required on the /exchange virtual folder. It works just fine. It also redirects to https if I type http://server/exchange. That's right, on this server, it automatically redirects. The problem is...I can't figure out *why* and I can't duplicate it on other servers (for other customers). It dos not use the 403.4 custom error, or some .asp file in the root or in the /exchange virtual dir. I'd say it works "automagically", but I don't think it's that either. :) Is there a way other than the commonly docu...

URL to Case in Workflow Rule
I would like to add a link to a case in an email notification workflow rule. Can anyone advise how to do this? Thank you! Have you found a solutions for this? I am also looking for the same answer. "KristinKiester" wrote: > I would like to add a link to a case in an email notification workflow rule. > Can anyone advise how to do this? > Thank you! ...

OWA security issue
I installed the 832759 but I think the vulnerabilty described is still there. Here's what happens, when you logon to OWA, you can change the url in your browser http://mydomain.com/exchange to http://mydomain.com/exchange/username and then you are switched to the other user's email store without having asked for a password. This does not seem right/good to me. Is there a fix for this? What's strange to me is that this sounds like the problem described in KB#832759 yet the patch did not resolve this for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Christos You are...

OWA attachment handling
Here is the situation: OWA 2000 and 2003 Our helpdesk system sends an automated .html form out to users who request wireless access. The form is attached to an email sent to the user. The form works from yahoo, msn, Outlook client etc. but not from OWA. When the user fills out the form and clicks the submit button it just sits there. Any ideas why this works everywhere except when accessed via OWA? As a follow-up, It appears that what is happening is that the java script called in the form is being stripped out by OWA or Exchange. I did a side by side comparison between the source code f...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

Odd OWA problem
Have one user having this problem from one person that sends her email. They say they have checked with others the email gets sent to, not my users, and they can read it fine. My user pretty much uses OWA execlusivly and all her other email appears fine. I login on my PC and I see the same thing so I know its not her browser. Basically here is what the email looks like. Anyone have any ideas? To: users@example.com Subject: schedules Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:20:45 +0000 Message-Id: <102420060120.21603.453D6A6D000A5FE90000546322070215739C9B079A9CD20E01090903@comcast.net> X-Maile...

OWA
When I use Outlook Web Access, i can logon, see the mailbox, but the page gets loaded with errors, such as the following. Line:1100 Char:2 Error: 'null' is null or not an object Code:0 URL: http://mail.lsadesigninc.com/exchweb/CONTROLS/ctrl_Tree20. htc I used a laptop and dialed in last night and got to my mailbox without error, this only occurs from my home system. Anyone have any ideas...? Thanx ...

excel web query url problem?
im using iqy file to retrieve web queries. it was made some changes on web urls on server side. therefore i also changed urls in iqy files. but excel still using old urls. where does excel store/cache url strings in excel. chancing urls in iqy files doesn't work... thanks. Look in c:\programfiles\microsoft office OR Do a WINDOWS filesearch for ALL files including hidden, etc or change to using external queries instead -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "eko007" <asdf@asdf.com> wrote in message news:B64FDE03-B369-4099-804E...

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

Drillthrough report using "Jump to URL" quits working when Parent Report Parameter values are changed
I have a summary report that lists totals and the report has the ability to drillthrough to another "details" report by clicking the numbers on the summary report. The details report is rendered in a separate window using "Jump to URL" and passing the parameters from the summary report to the details report. This has worked fine for some time, but my problem is I need to modify the values of one of the report parameters that is used by the summary report and passed to the detail report. When I modify the parameter "value" and deploy the report the ...

OWA Free and Busy
I have a Exchange Server 2003, with Web access running. Everythime a try to create a meeting request and click on availabilty I receive the error message of " You don't have permission to perform this action" How can I fix this? Thanks ...

add/remove column in OWA Contact
Could anyone please tell me how can I add/remove column from Phone List (Contact) at OWA? I'm running Exchange 2003... Thanks. SC On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:23:18 +0800, "Squirrel" <xsquirrelx@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone please tell me how can I add/remove column from Phone List >(Contact) at OWA? I'm running Exchange 2003... > > > >Thanks. > > > >SC > Have had a good root throught the OWAADMIN pack (you can download for free) and can't find anything to help you here. Haven't seen anyone with anything 3rd party to...

OWA puts additional character into each message
this is weird but I can't figure it out. When I log into OWA and create a new message it shows simply my signature and so I type my email and send it and it puts a "?" on the first line of each message. I thought it was my signature but since it doesn't show up in the new email until you send it, I ruled out my signature. Then after a bit more research it seems to be adding the "?" to every email that goes out via OWA, not though outlook, for every user, not just me. I viewed the source on the new email and the only "?" in the html are ones that appear...

Confused about POP3, SMTP and Authentication
Need some expert advice from all you great people. I have exchange running on a server. I have just set up a POP3 connection so my remote users can use Outlook or OE to retrieve their emails. They set Outlook up for the mail account with the proper userid and password and they authenticate just fine. They can retrieve emails but the problem comes in when they try to send emails. They receive the 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay. I thought if a user authenticated properly they should be able to send emails as well? Do I have a problem or is this telling me that I must also go into my smt...

OWA form login to Exchange 2000
Hi all! Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? "Keith Walsh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all! >Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? I haven't seen a commercial or freeware one around. I supp...

Setting Up OWA in Exchange 2003
Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange server on a windows 2003 server. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:17:01 -0700, Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where can I find info on how to properly setup OWA on Exchange 2003. So >far I haven't found any articles on technet that will expalin this. Is there >an article number that details this setup for a single domain one exchange ...

OWA available to outside world
Hi, I have a local network with a 169.168 private IP addresses, and I would like to make the OWA available to my users outside of the network. My network consists of a Sonicwall TZ170 with access to the outside world. Thank You Create a public DNS record Point this to an IP on your firewall NAT this to your OWA site If you secure OWA with an ssl cert then just have port 443 open If you're just using HTTP then port 80 Oliver On Feb 20, 6:54 am, "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzez...@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote: > Create a public DNS record > Point this to an IP on your ...

unable to get Inbox in OWA #2
Recently I installed a new exchange 2k in an existing site of exchnage 5.5 in the same domain. When I moved few mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2k server, they worked fine with ms-outlook but those users could not access their mailbox from OWA (exchange 5.5 interface). Both of the exchange servers are working fine for inbound and outbound emails and other users having their mailbox in ex5.5 can still access their mailbox through OWA 5.5. I know that OWA 5.5 should be able to access ex2k mailboxes. I will highly appriciate your help. Thanks Jessica Please see the following arti...

OWA
I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open any port for that? I thiught OWA is enabled by default on E2K3. I am able to log on when I do servername\exchange while I am in the network. I have a singel E2K3 server. Please let me know what I need to do. -- L You would need to open port 80 to your OWA server or preferably port 443 (SSL). Nue "Lino767" <Lino767@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADFB922-1587-4F82-9642-5485E4603F9F@microsoft.com... >I am unable to log on to OWA from out side of my network, do I have to open &...

OWA keep refreshing/reloading non stop!
It's quite difficult for me to describe the problem so I put the steps on how I replicate this problem. 1. Connect to internet via dial-up connection. 2. Go to my company's OWA website. 3. Prompt me with username and password. 4. Key in username and password, manage to get into OWA successfully. 5. Press Logoff button to logoff from the session and close Internet Explorer. 6. Disconnect my dial-up connection. 7. 5 minutes later, I re-connect my dial-up connection. 8. Go to my company OWA website again. 9. Website keep refreshing and reload non stop without any username/password window...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

OWA Send Problem
Hello, Hopefully I am posting this question to the right newsgroup. We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 Server SP1. Our OWA users have been complaining lately about a problem sending email. Often times when they compose a message and click the Send button, nothing happens. They are then forced to retype the message or retrieve it from Drafts folder and usually it will go through after a couple of trys. I have tried having users turn off the automatic spell check option because a couple times when this happened, it froze on the spell check screen. I have tried re-ap...