OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed

I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three
login prompts.

The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
folder results in those three login prompts again.

An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then
the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were either
moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
action."

Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to original
three prompts issue.

OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
Security Authority could not be contacted".

I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring on
machines inside my firewall.
I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication checked,
though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going to ssl.

Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous access
enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.

This problem duplicates the issue at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
but that is referring to problems with the public folders.

I've performed the steps at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
with no luck.

Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or public
folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the public folders
work and exchange showing the messages.

Any advice would be welcome.
0
Allan

Read the following article and first compare the necessary permissions to
your current configuration. If they match consider re-creating the virtual
directories as described:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380/en-us

Nue
"Allan" <nullconnectATgmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three
> login prompts.
>
> The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
> folder results in those three login prompts again.
>
> An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then
> the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were either
> moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
> Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
> folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
> action."
>
> Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to original
> three prompts issue.
>
> OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
> Security Authority could not be contacted".
>
> I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring on
> machines inside my firewall.
> I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication checked,
> though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going to ssl.
>
> Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous access
> enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.
>
> This problem duplicates the issue at
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
> but that is referring to problems with the public folders.
>
> I've performed the steps at
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
> with no luck.
>

> Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
> 2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or public
> folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the public folders
> work and exchange showing the messages.
>
> Any advice would be welcome.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/22/2006 8:53:07 PM
No luck with either the permissions or the recreation of the virtual
directories.

This... is driving me nuts.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in

> Read the following article and first compare the necessary permissions
> to your current configuration. If they match consider re-creating the
> virtual directories as described:

> Nue
> "Allan" <nullconnectATgmailDOTcom> wrote in message
>>I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get
>>three
>> login prompts.
>>
>> The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed
>> folder results in those three login prompts again.
>>
>> An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and
>> then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted.  They were
>> either moved, already deleted, or access was denied."
>> Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The
>> folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this
>> action."
>>
>> Closing and reopening IE clears that message and we're back to
>> original three prompts issue.
>>
>> OWA doesn't work on Firefox at all with the users getting "Local
>> Security Authority could not be contacted".
>>
>> I'm running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003.  This testing is occuring
>> on machines inside my firewall.
>> I'm running 128bit SSL with Integrated and Basic authentication
>> checked, though OWA was displaying the same symptoms prior to going
>> to ssl.
>>
>> Public folders, also under ssl, work fine.  They have anonymous
>> access enabled and work under both IE and Firefox.
>>
>> This problem duplicates the issue at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831820
>> but that is referring to problems with the public folders.
>>
>> I've performed the steps at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317471
>> with no luck.
>>

>> Now - this was a clean load of Windows 2003 that I installed Exchange
>> 2000 on.  OWA didn't work then either for either the exchange or
>> public folders.  I upgraded to Exchange 2003 and SP2 and now the
>> public folders work and exchange showing the messages.
>>
>> Any advice would be welcome.

0
Allan
5/23/2006 3:11:01 PM
A few more symptoms -

When I access OWA when my network account is logged into the LAN, it works
fine.

If I turn on Allow Anon and Basic Authentication but turn off Integrated
Windows, Firefox works as does IE.

If I leave Allow Anon on and turn on Integrated Windows, firefox stops
working and IE stops bothering to ask for credentials - loading my account
straight up even when I'm not logged into the machine under my account.

0
Allan

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Worksheet does not display fullsize when published to html
When I publish an excel spreadsheet as a webpage, maintaining interactive elements, it only displays in part of a browser window, requiring extensive scrolling to view the entire sheet. Is there a way to publish a worksheet to display fullsize? ...

unable to view folder
my inbox says it cannot be viewed. ...

forwarding mail to distribution group to a public folder
i want to make mails from a specific mail adress (out of domain) and comes to a distribution folder to be copied to a public folder i can do this by using the email adress of the public folder (without any outlook rules) but i want to this with the e-mail adress of the dist group ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

separate columns (three letter code)
Hi, does someone know how to separate text from one column into two columns? I have columns like [dog, KKL] [horse, PPN] Everytime, three capitals in the end (which is a code). Is it possible to separate that, and put it in another column? Thanks in advance. --Select the range/column needs to be changed. --From menu Data>Text to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard' --By default the selection is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'. --From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select comma and hit Next. H...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

Securing Public Folders
Hello. I am using Exchange 2003. I am trying to secure the root of the public folder to keep users from creating folders there. I have sub-folders where they can do that, but I can't seem to restrict permissions at the root level. Any help would be appreciated. In news:FC06B16E-4365-4FB8-98EB-258FCAE567A2@microsoft.com, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello. I am using Exchange 2003. I am trying to secure the root of > the public folder to keep users from creating folders there. I have > sub-folders where they can do that, but I can't seem to rest...

How can I post values in excel chart without displaying the colum.
I have 3 variables, I would like to display 2 of them as column in a column chart, and would like the third variable's values to appear on top of the other columns, without presenting the third variable as a column. Hi, You could plot it as a line or column and then remove border and fill formatting. http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA5E3A18-C34E-4FD3-B06B-A179D3AEA99C@microsoft.com... >I have 3 variables, I would ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Outlook 2003 and public folders
When I try to connect to a public folder I got an error. "Unable to expand public folder. Network problems are preventing connection to the exchange server." I am able to send and receive email, but cannot view what is in the public folder. ...

Is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder Li
As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? No, not possible that I know of, sorry. g-star wrote: > As per subject , is it possible to change the order of the folders > in the Folder List (not the Favourite Folder Pane)? ...

Notes
hi I want to do a report to show all phone calls with notes associated to them. i am not sure what views to link with the filteredphonecall and on what keys. can someone please help me with this any help would be appreciated. thanks heaps Ridhima Hello, the view is called filteredannotation and the key is filteredannotation.objectid = filteredphonecalls.activityid ------------------------------- Magui Said "Ridhima" wrote: > hi > > I want to do a report to show all phone calls with notes associated to them. > i am not sure what views to link with the filtere...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...

change contacts folder "show names by"
I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public contact folder, just like I can for a local folder. I think it resides on the exchange server??? But do not know where to change it for a public folder - this is so it shows uo in local outlook addresss books by the "file as" option. Help! Thanks, Sam <samearle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140533160.657711.304900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public > contact folder, just like I can ...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

calculating and displaying time
i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings. For som reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time?? EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55 second how can i calc time EX start 6:55 end 7:10 ANS 1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:27:07 -0500, matmich <<matmich.17hlb5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >i need to enter some time info. and calculate my findings. For some >reason i am having trouble. how do i format my cell to display time?? > >EX. I enter 655 -- I want to see 6:55 > > ...

Why does OWA...

Disabling access to Public Folders from Entourage with Web Services clients
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>We have a small Mac user base at my company, who have recently started using Entourage with Web Services to access their mail, and bypass our two-factor VPN/OWA authentication. However, we recently discovered that Entourage also allows access to Public Folders using only domain, username and password. Unfortunately, we have customer contracts which stipulate that Public Folder access is via two-factor authentication only, for security reasons. To meet our contractu...

How to make extended price on net display
Net Display monitor displays the "price" field and not the "extebded price". Does anyone know what needs to be done to change that. Thank you. ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 35893 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CC_01C964FD.6456E690 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=&qu...