OWA Stopped Working #3

OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the "Loading"
screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons should be;
and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are running on the
front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are running
on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No configuration
changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read KB280823.
Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What could have
happened? And how do I fix it?!

Thanks!

0
mc5800 (14)

Check out this KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;910119&sd=rss&spid=1773

I've found this situation even when not all of the conditional causes were
met (like installing
sp1 before sp2).

Todd

"MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
> should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
> running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the
> services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running.
> No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I
> have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal
> nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?!
>
> Thanks!

0
tbooher (148)
11/9/2006 11:12:00 PM
Thanks, Todd. I'll check it out!
"Todd Booher" <tbooher@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Check out this KB:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;910119&sd=rss&spid=1773
>
> I've found this situation even when not all of the conditional causes were
> met (like installing
> sp1 before sp2).
>
> Todd
>

> "MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
>> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
>> icons should be; and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the
>> services are running on the front end server, it has been rebooted, and
>> all of the services are running on the back end servers. The exchweb site
>> is running. No configuration changes have been made. This happens on IE 6
>> and IE7. I have read KB280823. Everything is set as should be. Virus
>> scans reveal nothing. What could have happened? And how do I fix it?!
>>
>> Thanks!

0
mc5800 (14)
11/10/2006 2:04:21 PM
"MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
> screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons
should be;
> and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
running on the
> front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are
running
> on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No
configuration
> changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read
KB280823.
> Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What
could have
> happened? And how do I fix it?!
>
> Thanks!

There was an OWA-related update pushed out last week.  There seem to
be lots of FE/BE setups out there where a BE server is getting the
update, but the FE is not.  This breaks OWA in the way that you
describe.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
11/10/2006 2:35:13 PM
Hello Lee,

can you tell me wich Release / Update it is?
Or did it give an hotfix or update to fix it?

regards,

frank

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:OaWZwVNBHHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> "MC" <mc@home.com> wrote in message
>> OWA has worked fine for us for years; but suddenly we just get the
>> screen. There is just code on the left hand side where the icons
> should be;
>> and a few empty boxes across the top. All of the services are
> running on the
>> front end server, it has been rebooted, and all of the services are
> running
>> on the back end servers. The exchweb site is running. No
> configuration
>> changes have been made. This happens on IE 6 and IE7. I have read
> KB280823.
>> Everything is set as should be. Virus scans reveal nothing. What
> could have
>> happened? And how do I fix it?!
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> There was an OWA-related update pushed out last week.  There seem to
> be lots of FE/BE setups out there where a BE server is getting the
> update, but the FE is not.  This breaks OWA in the way that you
> describe.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

f-k-2000 (2)
12/2/2006 5:56:12 PM
"Frank Schulz" <f-k-2000@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello Lee,
>
> can you tell me wich Release / Update it is?
> Or did it give an hotfix or update to fix it?
>
> regards,
>
> frank

The hotfix that was pushed out that week is this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=41275DEC-4C01-4C41-AA64-C9DBE5EA3F7E&displaylang=en

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

I need aid on like working with econnect
I have been trying to get econnect to work in my company but I dont know how to do it. My email address is jcdiazgm@gmail.com. Thank You. ...

Multiple Domains #3
Just a question to all out there. I have a client that has multiple domains on their Exchange 2003 SP1 server. They want to be able to choose which domain the mail is going out from. I can set their default as one and it will go out as that but I cannot see another solution other than third party software or multiple Outlook profiles. Did anyone out there ever run into this and if so how did you handle it? Thanks Curt On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:29:01 -0400, "Curt Shaffer" <curt@chilitech.net> wrote: >Just a question to all out there. I have a client that has multiple ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Rule specifying "From" sender doesn't stop their emails
I can find no explanation anywhere in Microsoft of how rules act upon incoming email and why some will work right away and some won't, based not on whether or not the user knows how to set a rule, but rather by the characteristics of the incoming messages themselves. I suspect that there is a reason why I can't seem to get rid of certain unsolicited email that I receive on a daily basis, but I can't find any information to suggest how I might block them permanently. Specifically, I get spam from an online greeting site called "Castle Mountain" - I have set rule a...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Citibank download not working
I am using Money 2003 Deluxe and have been downloading credit card activity from Citibank for months without any problems. Recently, however, the downloads (using Internet Updates-->Update Now) are not pulling in new Citibank activity. All other non-Citi accounts continue to work. I've noticed that the date under the "Last Downloaded" column are way into the future (4/25/2101 and 1/27/2089). Is there a problem specifically with Citicards? If not, how do I change the date back to the last real download date? It appears that I won't be able to download any new a...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

SPAMBOT in my inbox. How to stop/clear/delete
About 3 weeks ago I had SPAM being sent from my inbox to all my contacts. Any idea how to stop this? Obviously there has or is access to my account, but nothing more malicious than sending SPAM out under my account for RX sites. This stuff usually resides in the system OS and has little to do with WLM other than tapping into your address book. Most don't even use your smtp server, but their own. You probably should scan your entire system from safe mode. 2 apps to start with. Malewarebytes' Anti-malware SuperAntiSpyware "Spammerhunter" <Spammerh...

Why does OWA...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

1 becomes 10, how can I stop this
Iv'e been working with basic formulas and worksheets for a short time. Today I opened a saved sheet and found that when I use a number and enter to the next cell, the number gains a zero ie 1 becomes 10. If anyone can help out with this I'd be very grateful. Many thanks DB check for the format of cells. right click on the cell in which 1 turns to 10 select Format cell and see for its format and change it to yor required format according to your data. HerbalDave Wrote: > Iv'e been working with basic formulas and worksheets for a short time. > Today > I opened a sav...

Converting Date to Work Week...
Hello, I'm trying to convert a colum of entry dates to work weeks. I have a helper row for month and year but I do not know if there is a quick way (or a built in formula in excel) to determine the "work week" (within a month). For example: ENTRY DATE: Month: Work Week: 8/26/05 August 4 8/19/05 August 3 etc. Is there a formula that I can drag down this list of about 1,800 rows with all different months? Thanks, PZan -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: ...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

OWA and Calendars
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, now the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? .. ...

cant log in to OWA at night
I am getting the "440 login timeout" error when my user login overnight. I cannot find where there might be something limiting time to login. Is it in IIS 6 I am running Win2003 server, EXch 2003 I have only one exchange server that also runs OWA. During the daytime hours no one has any problems logging in to OWA. I have recently moved all mailboxs to the Ex2003 server from a Exch5.5 server. Currently the Exch5.5 server receives all the mail and forwards it to the Exch. 2003 server. not sure if this could be the problem. getting ready to bring down the 5.5 server and change the MX ...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

OWA Inside NO, OWA Ouside Yes
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003. I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email inside and outside through OWA. Now I would like to change this for a few users. I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people. How can I do this? I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure. Do I need ISA server? If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside. Thanky you very much indeed. sAnTos On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:15:07 -0800, sAnTos <sAnTos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have Exchange Server 2003. &...