OWA setup on SBS 2003

Hi,

I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user.

Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings?

I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they
are permitted to use OWA.

Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that
failed too.

Hope you can help.

Neil

0
neil7336 (48)

Hi,

Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of
other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc).

What happens when you try to access OWA?

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of
> other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc).
>
> What happens when you try to access OWA?
>
> Leif
> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user.
>>
>> Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings?
>>
>> I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and
>> they are permitted to use OWA.
>>
>> Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that
>> failed too.
>>
>> Hope you can help.
>>
>> Neil

Hi Leif,

I get the following:

      The page cannot be displayed
      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
be displayed.

403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator
(URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

I'm sure that you're right - it is ISA, I'm just not fmiliar with this
product so don;t know where to start to resolve it! KB articles are rather
confusing.

NEIL

0
neil7336 (48)
3/7/2006 8:47:13 AM
Hi,

That is the ISA server blocking the request. You will need to create a rule
that alllowa OWA access to the server.

> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of
>> other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc).
>>
>> What happens when you try to access OWA?
>>
>> Leif
>> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user.
>>>
>>> Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings?
>>>
>>> I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and
>>> they are permitted to use OWA.
>>>
>>> Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that
>>> failed too.
>>>
>>> Hope you can help.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

> Hi Leif,
>
> I get the following:
>
>      The page cannot be displayed
>      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
> cannot be displayed.

> 403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator
> (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)
> Internet Security and Acceleration Server
>
> I'm sure that you're right - it is ISA, I'm just not fmiliar with this
> product so don;t know where to start to resolve it! KB articles are rather
> confusing.
>
> NEIL

Yes, but it's probably blocking because the url used to reach the OWA site
doesn't match the URL typed into the browser - not because it needs a rule.

What is the URL (i.e. https://<something.domain.something>/exchange or
https://<some_ip_address>/exchange ?

Whichever you use - domain name or ip - (the part between < and >) - must be
what you enter for your certificate name when you run CEICW.

--
Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
SBS Rocks !

> Hi,
>
> That is the ISA server blocking the request. You will need to create a
> rule that alllowa OWA access to the server.
>
> Leif
>
> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot
>>> of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc).
>>>
>>> What happens when you try to access OWA?
>>>
>>> Leif
>>> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Hi Leif,
>>
>> I get the following:
>>
>>      The page cannot be displayed
>>      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
>> cannot be displayed.

>> 403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator
>> (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)
>> Internet Security and Acceleration Server
>>
>> I'm sure that you're right - it is ISA, I'm just not fmiliar with this
>> product so don;t know where to start to resolve it! KB articles are
>> rather confusing.
>>
>> NEIL

0
les.connor (19)
3/8/2006 10:28:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm following what you say.

Here's my situation:

I have a IP address supplied by my ISP its 62.x.y.z

So I used this address to get a certificate, which is installed in the
defaul web server.

I have a router which forwards 443 packets to the server's WAN NIC at
192.168.0.5

I have created a rule in SBS from the pre-defined list to allow 443 inbound.

So if I type https://62.x.y.z/exchange/fred I should get fred's mail?

Unforunately I get nothing! Just a Page Cannot Be Displayed message - at the
bottom cannot fond server or DNS error.

The router shows the packet was allowed in.

If I do it without the S I get asked to log in and get a page with two forms
but neither page displays anything

Any advice?

NEIL

"Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca>
wrote in message news:OKNw0%23vQGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Yes, but it's probably blocking because the url used to reach the OWA site
> doesn't match the URL typed into the browser - not because it needs a
> rule.
>
> What is the URL (i.e. https://<something.domain.something>/exchange or
> https://<some_ip_address>/exchange ?
>
> Whichever you use - domain name or ip - (the part between < and >) - must
> be what you enter for your certificate name when you run CEICW.
>
> --
> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
> SBS Rocks !
> ----------------------
> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
> understand." - Confucius
>

> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> That is the ISA server blocking the request. You will need to create a
>> rule that alllowa OWA access to the server.
>>
>> Leif
>>
>> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message

>>> Hi Leif,
>>>
>>> I get the following:
>>>
>>>      The page cannot be displayed
>>>      There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it
>>> cannot be displayed.

>>> 403 Forbidden - The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator
>>> (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)
>>> Internet Security and Acceleration Server
>>>
>>> I'm sure that you're right - it is ISA, I'm just not fmiliar with this
>>> product so don;t know where to start to resolve it! KB articles are
>>> rather confusing.
>>>
>>> NEIL

0
neil7336 (48)
3/14/2006 11:08:42 AM
Hi Neil,

Does OWA work internally?

Try http://<servername>/exchange from a workstation on the lan (replace
<servername> with the name of you server). If that doesn't work, try
https://<servername>/exchange. If that doesn't work, go to the SBS server
and try again.

If OWA works internally - or doesn't - we'll know which direction to go.

--

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm following what you say.
>
> Here's my situation:
>
> I have a IP address supplied by my ISP its 62.x.y.z
>
> So I used this address to get a certificate, which is installed in the
> defaul web server.
>
> I have a router which forwards 443 packets to the server's WAN NIC at
> 192.168.0.5
>
> I have created a rule in SBS from the pre-defined list to allow 443
> inbound.
>
> So if I type https://62.x.y.z/exchange/fred I should get fred's mail?
>
> Unforunately I get nothing! Just a Page Cannot Be Displayed message - at
> the bottom cannot fond server or DNS error.
>
> The router shows the packet was allowed in.
>
> If I do it without the S I get asked to log in and get a page with two
> forms but neither page displays anything
>
> Any advice?
>
> NEIL
>

> "Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca>
> wrote in message news:OKNw0%23vQGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, but it's probably blocking because the url used to reach the OWA
>> site doesn't match the URL typed into the browser - not because it needs
>> a rule.
>>
>> What is the URL (i.e. https://<something.domain.something>/exchange or
>> https://<some_ip_address>/exchange ?
>>
>> Whichever you use - domain name or ip - (the part between < and >) - must
>> be what you enter for your certificate name when you run CEICW.
>>
>> --
>> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
>> SBS Rocks !
>> ----------------------
>> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
>> understand." - Confucius
>>

>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> That is the ISA server blocking the request. You will need to create a
>>> rule that alllowa OWA access to the server.
>>>
>>> Leif
>>>
>>> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message

0
les.connor (19)
3/14/2006 9:14:49 PM
Hi Les,

Yes, it does work internally.

I have made some changes just now, and I now get a new error -
500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect.
(-2146893022)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

At least it implies that I've made progress, but obviously doesn't solve the
problem.

I've never used certificates before, so no experience.

As per original conversation, I suspect I have a problem with the NAT from
the 62.x.y.z to the 192... of the internal address. Do you have any advice
on how to fix this?

wrote in message news:uvvMdx6RGHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Neil,
>
> Does OWA work internally?
>
> Try http://<servername>/exchange from a workstation on the lan (replace
> <servername> with the name of you server). If that doesn't work, try
> https://<servername>/exchange. If that doesn't work, go to the SBS server
> and try again.
>
> If OWA works internally - or doesn't - we'll know which direction to go.
>
> --
> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
> SBS Rocks !
> ----------------------
> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
> understand." - Confucius
>

> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I'm following what you say.
>>
>> Here's my situation:
>>
>> I have a IP address supplied by my ISP its 62.x.y.z
>>
>> So I used this address to get a certificate, which is installed in the
>> defaul web server.
>>
>> I have a router which forwards 443 packets to the server's WAN NIC at
>> 192.168.0.5
>>
>> I have created a rule in SBS from the pre-defined list to allow 443
>> inbound.
>>
>> So if I type https://62.x.y.z/exchange/fred I should get fred's mail?
>>
>> Unforunately I get nothing! Just a Page Cannot Be Displayed message - at
>> the bottom cannot fond server or DNS error.
>>
>> The router shows the packet was allowed in.
>>
>> If I do it without the S I get asked to log in and get a page with two
>> forms but neither page displays anything
>>
>> Any advice?
>>
>> NEIL
>>

>> "Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca>
>> wrote in message news:OKNw0%23vQGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Yes, but it's probably blocking because the url used to reach the OWA
>>> site doesn't match the URL typed into the browser - not because it needs
>>> a rule.
>>>
>>> What is the URL (i.e. https://<something.domain.something>/exchange or
>>> https://<some_ip_address>/exchange ?
>>>
>>> Whichever you use - domain name or ip - (the part between < and >) -
>>> must be what you enter for your certificate name when you run CEICW.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
>>> SBS Rocks !
>>> ----------------------
>>> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
>>> understand." - Confucius
>>>

>>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message

0
neil7336 (48)
3/17/2006 5:21:45 AM
Hi Les,

A question - looking at MS KB837354 - how can I tell if I've got ISA 2004? I
have installed all updates.

In particular, the ittem CONFIGURE THE COMPUTER THAT IS RUNNING ISA SERVER
talks about the Entry FIREWALL POLICY under Computer. I don't have this only
an entry called the name of the server. Everytime I click this MMC crashes!!

NEIL

"Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca>
wrote in message news:uvvMdx6RGHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Neil,
>
> Does OWA work internally?
>
> Try http://<servername>/exchange from a workstation on the lan (replace
> <servername> with the name of you server). If that doesn't work, try
> https://<servername>/exchange. If that doesn't work, go to the SBS server
> and try again.
>
> If OWA works internally - or doesn't - we'll know which direction to go.
>
> --
> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
> SBS Rocks !
> ----------------------
> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
> understand." - Confucius
>

> "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I'm following what you say.
>>
>> Here's my situation:
>>
>> I have a IP address supplied by my ISP its 62.x.y.z
>>
>> So I used this address to get a certificate, which is installed in the
>> defaul web server.
>>
>> I have a router which forwards 443 packets to the server's WAN NIC at
>> 192.168.0.5
>>
>> I have created a rule in SBS from the pre-defined list to allow 443
>> inbound.
>>
>> So if I type https://62.x.y.z/exchange/fred I should get fred's mail?
>>
>> Unforunately I get nothing! Just a Page Cannot Be Displayed message - at
>> the bottom cannot fond server or DNS error.
>>
>> The router shows the packet was allowed in.
>>
>> If I do it without the S I get asked to log in and get a page with two
>> forms but neither page displays anything
>>
>> Any advice?
>>
>> NEIL
>>

>> "Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca>
>> wrote in message news:OKNw0%23vQGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Yes, but it's probably blocking because the url used to reach the OWA
>>> site doesn't match the URL typed into the browser - not because it needs
>>> a rule.
>>>
>>> What is the URL (i.e. https://<something.domain.something>/exchange or
>>> https://<some_ip_address>/exchange ?
>>>
>>> Whichever you use - domain name or ip - (the part between < and >) -
>>> must be what you enter for your certificate name when you run CEICW.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
>>> SBS Rocks !
>>> ----------------------
>>> "Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
>>> understand." - Confucius
>>>

>>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message

0
neil7336 (48)

Scale Setup
hi, I's currently working with RMS (learning the program), and I have a little bit of trouble configuring a scale. I have a NCI Avery Berkel Scale Modem # 7820. It communicates ok with the software they provide, but the OPOS configurator from microsoft won't read it. I have the checked the Serial port settings and all works ok from outside of the application, but not from RMS. Any suggestions? -- Ricardo Rocha Ricardo, Have you installed the OPOS driver for the scale? Have you gone to Database->Register->Register List and assign a scale to the register? Good luck, Matt...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

Exchange E-Mail Router Setup Issue
I am following the Chapter 14 Implementation Guide and when I attempt to install the Exchange E-Mail Router I get an error after the Add Server dialog that says the server is invalid or you do not have admin privileges on that server. I installed the CRM as domain admin and am installing the Router as domain admin. The server is valid. Ideas about how I could break this problem down would be greatly appreciated. When you get prompted for the account details you have to enter them as domain\useraccount not just useraccount (even if you are logged into the domain). This worked for me. ...

Outlook 2003 #129
I have recently installed office 2003. I'm having a problem with outlook. It runs fine, and I have no problems with it, but when I close it, the process still stays open in task manager. Also, because of that the outlook and office icons stay in my taskbar until I close it. Also, if I don't end the process in task manager, it takes a long time to load the next time I open it. I have winxp pro sp1, p4 2.4, 768Mg Ram,. Any ideas, thank you very much in advance for any help. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

English Translation to Spanish ver 2003
Hello, While working in a Calendar, I am trying to convert my English to Spanish. I have add the spanish to the list via the Microsoft Tools and selected spanish and added it. I rebooted the computer and tested it again and it is not converting the texts from english to spanish. -- Thanks, Katie Are you certain you are selecting the correct Spanish version when you are in Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Excell 2003 'Research' bug
When one clicks the 'Research' icon on the Standard toolbar, then does a 'Search for' with the default 'All Reference Books' list item, Excel crashes. Selecting any individual item on the list works except for either of the 'Thesaurus: Spanish()' options. Not a big deal, but it's irritating to have to change the default 'All Research Sites' to avoid the crash. Is there a way to eliminate these list options, or other fix available? Thanks Fred -Irvine, California Fred Which causes the crash? First you state "All Reference Books&q...

re: slow OWA

Exchange 2003 Question #2
Dear all, I have a machine hosting the Windows 2003 Domain Controler (GC) and another machine (member domain controler) which has Exchange 2003 Installed. My question is, When I add new users in the Exchange box I get the add Email account wizard but when I add users in the GC machine there is no option for adding email account. How do I get the add Email Wizard in the GC machine? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You need to install the Exchange System Manager on the Domain Controller, setup the Exchange setup select Custom and choose on to install the Exchange System Manager. -- Mark Fugat...

Outlook 2003, "Insert ink annotations" is not available when writting new e-mail
I have a tablet Pc and office 2003. All the sudden, cant not insert ink annotations in new e-mails. The corresponding icon is gray and l can not click it. However, this works in Power Point and Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks! make sure plain text isn't selected. "ANGEL REBOLLO" <rebolloa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:05b501c3b87c$4b1c0990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a tablet Pc and office 2003. All the sudden, cant > not insert ink annotations in new e-mails. The > corresponding icon is gray and l can not click it. > However, this works in Power Point...

Microsoft Office: Word 2003 memory and encountering problems
I am using a third party application that uses xml and vba to repurpose documents. The issue I am having is that I get variable results each time I run a repurpose the very same document, and Word usually just hangs or provides an insufficent memory message or microsoft encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes the repurpose is successful. I'm looking everywhere to seek out a solution. I have Word SP1 and have a larger Word memory, I have more than enough RAM. I am on a stand alone computer, in a networked business environment, and the application runs fro...

[MAPILAB ANN.] Native POP3 Connector v2 for Exchange/SBS
We are proudly bringing to your attention our new product: Native POP3 Connector version 2. Free trial download is available! Comparing to the first version this is a completely new solution which enables Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 (Small Business Server 2000/2003) to work with POP3 mail in a complete and native way. Beside the others it includes the following key features: #1 INTEGRATION Exchange System Manager full integration with the distributed administration feature. NPC is a native solution for Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a st...

Office 2003
Since a few days ago, I have started to receive the warning shown below every time I start Outlook. I have no idea where this comes from or how to resolve it Help Thanks "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level thse macros will be disabled" I found the answer. It is the macro security setting in MS Office. What I don't know is how it got changed from medium to high "Jim McColl" <jamccoll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B749422D-D6DE-4938-AAB4-5FABE8A3C61E@microsoft.com... &g...

Cannot start Outlook 2003 #2
Error messeage: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 library to Outlook 2003?
How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 shared documents library to Outlook 2003? ...

OUTLOOK 2003 ERROR!
Hello, I am encountering this problem out of nowhere. An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have permission to perform this operation. I have google'd extend.dat and it told me to rename or delete the file and the error should go away, I searched for the file on my PC, it is nowhere to be found. Thanks in advance, Jordan ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

SBS 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp2
Hello all Is there any issues with migrating inboxes from a SBS 2003 server to a server dedicated to Exchange 2003? What i want to do is move all the mailboxes and then make the dedicated Exchange server the mail server for the domain, so i have to move all the pf and any system folders as well. Also the question is a bit of topic, but currently the SBS server is the AD/GC and DNS server for the domain, we are moving away from SBS, and using dedicated machines for these purposes. Can i just add this machine to the domain do a DC promo, make it a GC and then move all the roles from the...

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...