OWA setup #4

I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my
backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front
communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server
box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in
our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but
it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using
the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to
it from the same server(front end)
0
Ed4190 (308)

There shouldn't be anything special that you have to do.  By default, a FE
server will communicate with all BE servers.

I suppose that you are referring to enabling Forms-based authentication?  If
this is the case, what specifically doesn't work when you enable it on the
Front-end server?  Have you made sure that the default domain settings on
the Exchange and Public virtual directories are the same ("\") for both the
FE and BE?  If you use Forms-based auth, the default domain is required to
be "\" (no quotes).

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820378

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my
> backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front
> communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server
> box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server
> in
> our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work
> but
> it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work
> using
> the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login
> it from the same server(front end)

0
Ben
12/13/2004 2:40:33 PM
I guess you only need to use ipsec when the front end is in the dmz? the
front end should not have any mailbox stores mounted correct? I also have it
set so the fe end will not mount the stores at start up, is this correct also.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> There shouldn't be anything special that you have to do.  By default, a FE
> server will communicate with all BE servers.
>
> I suppose that you are referring to enabling Forms-based authentication?  If
> this is the case, what specifically doesn't work when you enable it on the
> Front-end server?  Have you made sure that the default domain settings on
> the Exchange and Public virtual directories are the same ("\") for both the
> FE and BE?  If you use Forms-based auth, the default domain is required to
> be "\" (no quotes).
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820378
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my
> > backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front
> > communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server
> > box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server
> > in
> > our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work
> > but
> > it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work
> > using
> > the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login
> > it from the same server(front end)

0
Ed4190 (308)
12/13/2004 2:51:05 PM
Right - you don't need IPSec when both the FE and BE are on the same IP
subnet.  I think you still need the Information Store service started for
certain operations, but mailbox stores do not need to be mounted

--

>I guess you only need to use ipsec when the front end is in the dmz? the
> front end should not have any mailbox stores mounted correct? I also have
> it
> set so the fe end will not mount the stores at start up, is this correct
> also.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There shouldn't be anything special that you have to do.  By default, a
>> FE
>> server will communicate with all BE servers.
>>
>> I suppose that you are referring to enabling Forms-based authentication?
>> If
>> this is the case, what specifically doesn't work when you enable it on
>> the
>> Front-end server?  Have you made sure that the default domain settings on
>> the Exchange and Public virtual directories are the same ("\") for both
>> the
>> FE and BE?  If you use Forms-based auth, the default domain is required
>> be "\" (no quotes).
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820378
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>>

>> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my
>> > backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front
>> > communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end
>> > server
>> > box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa
>> > server
>> > in
>> > our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot
>> > work
>> > but
>> > it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work
>> > using
>> > the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to
>> > login
>> > it from the same server(front end)

0
Ben
12/13/2004 4:15:59 PM
Hello,

> I think you still need the Information Store service started for
> certain operations, but mailbox stores do not need to be mounted

FE servers need a mailbox store, but there must not be any mailboxes on it.
the SMTP service needs that one.

Regards,
Roger

0
anonymous (74718)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Scale Setup
hi, I's currently working with RMS (learning the program), and I have a little bit of trouble configuring a scale. I have a NCI Avery Berkel Scale Modem # 7820. It communicates ok with the software they provide, but the OPOS configurator from microsoft won't read it. I have the checked the Serial port settings and all works ok from outside of the application, but not from RMS. Any suggestions? -- Ricardo Rocha Ricardo, Have you installed the OPOS driver for the scale? Have you gone to Database->Register->Register List and assign a scale to the register? Good luck, Matt...

Exchange E-Mail Router Setup Issue
I am following the Chapter 14 Implementation Guide and when I attempt to install the Exchange E-Mail Router I get an error after the Add Server dialog that says the server is invalid or you do not have admin privileges on that server. I installed the CRM as domain admin and am installing the Router as domain admin. The server is valid. Ideas about how I could break this problem down would be greatly appreciated. When you get prompted for the account details you have to enter them as domain\useraccount not just useraccount (even if you are logged into the domain). This worked for me. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Dates #4
Hi, Can any one of you please help me to get rid of the default excel dates to standard format dates. You need to set the format yourself, Format>Cells>Custom -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "mnair" <mnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C44062B-8CA8-4A47-B363-E9250164A8C3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can any one of you please help me to get rid of the default excel dates to > standard format dates. Go Control Panel->Regional and Language Options: Click Customize->Date format. C...

Cell Protection #4
Having problem protecting cells in shared folder on shared drive. Need to protect a group of cells that are for viewing only, but leave adjacent cells unprotected. Being a shared worksheet I believe is the problem, there are limitations. Any suggestions. Thanks to all. Susan I think you'll have to do all your setup (disabling protection/locking & unlocking cells/reenabling protection) against a workbook that isn't shared. But I'm not sure if that addresses what your problem is????? Susan wrote: > > Having problem protecting cells in shared folder on shared > dr...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Printing Attachments #4
Hey guys I can't figure out why I'm not printing Attachments in Microsoft Outlook. Under Printing and Memo Style I have "Print attached files" checked off. But for some reason I'm not able to make attachments print show up in my printed emails. Anyone know what's wrong with me? Thanks, Russ ...

CRM 4
On two computers running CRM 4 for Outlook 2007 (on Vista), Outlook will not refresh its data. You can open or delete an email but it won't show in the main email screen untill you close Outlook and reopen it. Often Outlook won't release memory, the Outlook process has to be closed manually in task manager. Any help would be appreciated. Have you tried re-running the install tool to do a repair, or you can use the diagnostic tool to check to see if there are any problems. Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 > Diagnostics (on the client machine affected...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 fails with two errors
When running the upgrade from our App server that upgrade pops up with two messages, the first message when it is attempting to enable the Full Text Indexing. The Second error when it is trying drop the SQL v3 jobs. ANyone seen this or have a clue as to what is going on? Thank you for any help you can provide. 14:35:12| Info| Enable full-text indexing in MSCRM 14:35:12| Info| Enable full-text indexing in MSCRM 14:35:12| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thro...

How do I setup a Crystal Reports server to host CRM 1.2 Reports?
Hi there, I recently upgraded from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. As a result I can no longer run all of our custom crystal reports from the 1.2 installation. Can anyone tell me or point me to a document on the web which instructs on setting up a Crystal Reports server to host the CRM 1.2 reports? My company has a registered copy of Crystal 9 Developer edition & reports server. I don't know much about Crystal and at the moment we don't have time to convert these reports to SQL-RS. Thank you. You could also try http://rpttosql.com/faq.htm which is an email-based service to convert cry...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

CRM Fax Setup
We have CRM SBE 3.0 installed and would like to use the fax integration. The fax service was not configured initially but set up after. Is there any detailed setup on how to get the two applications to talk to each other. Does the Fax Queue need an email address? Are there any white papers or links to more information on the setup or troubleshooting of this service? The installation repair should solve this problem. If you have customized reports back them up before repair, because installation repair deletes them. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "TMi...

CRM 4.0 More than one user queue was found for the given object
Hi, I upgraded CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and when trying to assign an account to another user get this error: "More than one user queue was found for the given object". This is the error with deverrors turned on in web.config. In the event viewer, I get the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 4/14/2008 Time: 9:03:57 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMSRVR Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 4/14/2008 9:03:57 PM Event time (UTC): 4/15/2008 2:03:57 AM Eve...

Formatting a 4 Series Stock Chart
The line in my 4 series stock chart is positioned behind the bar, thus partially hidden. Is there any way I can make the bar semi-transparent or move the line to the front of the bar? ...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...