I have 2 exchange 2000/W2K boxes, and 1 exchange 2003/W2K3 box in my
enterprise.  I have just added a second exchange 2003 SP2/W2K3 box
which will replace one of my exchange 2000 boxes.  All 3 servers are
back end servers and house mailbox stores.

The box I am replacing is also the OWA server.  When I use my new
server to open a mailbox through OWA that is in the mailbox store on
the same (new E2K3SP2) server I log in without any issues.

If, however, the mailbox resides in the mail store on my previously
existing Exchange 2003 mail server, I am prompted to enter my login
credentials twice.  Once for my new OWA server and then a second time
for the previously existing 2003 mail server where the mail store
resides.

(I am not concerned about logging into the mailboxes on the Exchange
2000 server that I am not replacing as these are primarily mailboxes
belonging to resources, and not end users.  Although if I try this the
page cannot be displayed but I beleive this is FAD for Exchange 2003).

Both exchange 2003 servers have IIS using only basic authentication and
allowing anonymous access with the IUSR account.

Thanks, I hope I've given enough info and haven't been clear as mud.

Jen

"Jen" <jen.benson@arraybiopharma.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 exchange 2000/W2K boxes, and 1 exchange 2003/W2K3 box in my
> enterprise.  I have just added a second exchange 2003 SP2/W2K3 box
> which will replace one of my exchange 2000 boxes.  All 3 servers are
> back end servers and house mailbox stores.
>
> The box I am replacing is also the OWA server.  When I use my new
> server to open a mailbox through OWA that is in the mailbox store on
> the same (new E2K3SP2) server I log in without any issues.
>
> If, however, the mailbox resides in the mail store on my previously
> existing Exchange 2003 mail server, I am prompted to enter my login
> credentials twice.  Once for my new OWA server and then a second time
> for the previously existing 2003 mail server where the mail store
> resides.
>
> (I am not concerned about logging into the mailboxes on the Exchange
> 2000 server that I am not replacing as these are primarily mailboxes
> belonging to resources, and not end users.  Although if I try this the
> page cannot be displayed but I beleive this is FAD for Exchange 2003).
>
> Both exchange 2003 servers have IIS using only basic authentication and
> allowing anonymous access with the IUSR account.
>
> Thanks, I hope I've given enough info and haven't been clear as mud.
>
> Jen

If you haven't configured the new server as a Front-end server (checkbox on
server's properties in ESM) then when you open the OWA site on it, it will
redirect you to the server with the mailbox on (i.e. the servername in the
address bar changes) if it's on a different server.  It is the change of
server name that causes the reauthentication.  Browser credentials in Basic
Auth mode are only good for one server.  If you'd configured the OWA server
as a FE server (but you'd have to remove the mailboxes first), then it would
act as a proxy to the other servers, and you wouldn't need to log in again.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee

Excel Not Opening using OWA

URGENT
I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM copied from my Exchange 2003 server. Is this possible using Exmerge on aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed? Are there any other tools to achieve this? Thanks Hi Ron. Exmerge will only extract emails from a database when it is connected to Excahnge and it is attached to a user. you could try creating a recovery server to extract this info. "Ron Mann" <mann_ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23IlM6gsZHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to extract mailboxes to ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

I can't send any mail from my exchange server to my pop3 server.
I just recently setup a pop3 server for a few people here at work. Whenever any on the exchange server tries to send to the pop3 server they get a delivery failure stating the host is unknown. I can send and recieve e-mail inside the pop3 server but anytime someone with an exchange address tries to send to the pop3 server it gives them an error. Any help would be great. I am using Exchange 5.5. You'll need to provide more info. Start with checking name resolution is working correctly. Nue "tding" <tdingledine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150976903.911750.11836...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

Second Column In Combo Box is invisible.
Hi All, I have a very strange thing happening to my database, not quite sure what the root of the problem, but it seems to be only happening to combo boxes that are looking up information from table tbl_Clients. My Main table "tbl_Projects" and forms (projects have 3 look up fields) and have look up query "SELECT tbl_Clients.CompanyID, tbl_Clients.Company FROM tbl_Clients;" On the combo list properties i have bound column as 1 but set to show 2 columns and column sizes set to 0cm;6cm and what was happening was that column 1 was hidden and column 2 was showing the compan...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Installing Dynamics GP 9 on Windows XP + SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hi, I installed Dynamics GP 9.0 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005 Standard without problems during installation. But, when I open GP Utilities the "Server" field is blank and the combo box listing there are no servers to choose from. Or, in the other words, GP Utilities doesn´t show any server. Or again, seems that GP Utilities doesn´t care about the database... And I can´t go ahead. I´d be very glad for any help. Thanks. Marcos, You need to create an ODBC data source so that Utilities knows what server to point to - take a look at page 29 of the GP 9...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

Why does OWA...

Help. rpc... restart server
Event ID; 2114 Process EMSMTA.EXE (PID=2800). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. Process MAD.EXE (PID=1904). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: Serverdec01.domain.com Serverdc02.domain.com I have possessions in my exchange 2003, he has moments that the service of the exchange 2003 for and only turn to work when I restart the server. And it has been happening problems of RPC as I do to solve this. -- Rubens Zolotujin rubens.zolotujin@ucb.org.br ...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Connecting Exchange Server to a POP3 Server
I need to download email from our company's ISP that runs a POP3 server. We have an Exchange Server running that we're trying to download the email to. We're currently running PopCon but I was wondering if microsoft has a support for this. There is a free program supplied by microsoft but it only works on Small Business Server. Any help would be appreciated. As you stated, SBS Product is the only product with Exchange that includes a POP Downloader. You will have to purchase third party Pop Downloader for any other versions of Exchange. I would strongly suggest hosting you...

Windows Server 2003 running Exchange in NT Domain
Is it possible to run a Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory in a Windows NT domain? We have the Windows Server 2003 in the domain but Active Diorectory is not installed. We do need to install Active Directory in order to Run Exchange 2003, correct? Thanks, Ryan Hi, Yes. You have to have an Active Directory forest/domain in order to install and run Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003. Exchange 5.5 has it's own directory but Exchange 200x does not, it instead relies totally on AD for directory services. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please d...

Cannot Retreive Emails from a POP3 Mail Server
Hi, I am trying to add an POP3 account on my Outlook XP however when i tried to retreive emails using the POP3 Account it keep prompting mi for the UserName & Password. I notice that there is a error msg " Log onto incoming mail server (POP3):Unable to logon to the incoming mail server (POP3). Please verify the settings in the User Name, Password and Email fields." However i can access emails thru' the web based. I try to add the similar POP account to another PC that can access POP3, but the same error msg appeared. Another Funny thing is that, those who could acc...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Converting Distribution List to Mailbox
Quick question: I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then recreating it as a mailbox the easiest way to get this done? Thanks in advance, Vik Sorry I forgot to add we're using Exchange Enterprise 2K3 with Windows 2003 Server standard. "Vik" wrote: > Quick question: > > I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is > deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then > recreating it as a mail...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

how do I make a cell in Excel required to be populated?
I am attempting to use Excel for a form I am creating and need to make certain cells required. I am unfamiliar with Macros, but am thinking this may be the only way to do this. Thoughts? You could use a macro that looks at those cells and counts how many are filled in. But since macros are new, how about an alternative? Use an adjacent cell. Put a formula like: =if(c3<>"","","<----Please fill in this cell") (I used D3 for this) Then format it in a nice bright bold red. The user sees the warning immediately. If you have formulas that depend on al...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...