I have 2 exchange 2000/W2K boxes, and 1 exchange 2003/W2K3 box in my
enterprise.  I have just added a second exchange 2003 SP2/W2K3 box
which will replace one of my exchange 2000 boxes.  All 3 servers are
back end servers and house mailbox stores.

The box I am replacing is also the OWA server.  When I use my new
server to open a mailbox through OWA that is in the mailbox store on
the same (new E2K3SP2) server I log in without any issues.

If, however, the mailbox resides in the mail store on my previously
existing Exchange 2003 mail server, I am prompted to enter my login
credentials twice.  Once for my new OWA server and then a second time
for the previously existing 2003 mail server where the mail store
resides.

(I am not concerned about logging into the mailboxes on the Exchange
2000 server that I am not replacing as these are primarily mailboxes
belonging to resources, and not end users.  Although if I try this the
page cannot be displayed but I beleive this is FAD for Exchange 2003).

Both exchange 2003 servers have IIS using only basic authentication and
allowing anonymous access with the IUSR account.

Thanks, I hope I've given enough info and haven't been clear as mud.

Jen

"Jen" <jen.benson@arraybiopharma.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 exchange 2000/W2K boxes, and 1 exchange 2003/W2K3 box in my
> enterprise.  I have just added a second exchange 2003 SP2/W2K3 box
> which will replace one of my exchange 2000 boxes.  All 3 servers are
> back end servers and house mailbox stores.
>
> The box I am replacing is also the OWA server.  When I use my new
> server to open a mailbox through OWA that is in the mailbox store on
> the same (new E2K3SP2) server I log in without any issues.
>
> If, however, the mailbox resides in the mail store on my previously
> existing Exchange 2003 mail server, I am prompted to enter my login
> credentials twice.  Once for my new OWA server and then a second time
> for the previously existing 2003 mail server where the mail store
> resides.
>
> (I am not concerned about logging into the mailboxes on the Exchange
> 2000 server that I am not replacing as these are primarily mailboxes
> belonging to resources, and not end users.  Although if I try this the
> page cannot be displayed but I beleive this is FAD for Exchange 2003).
>
> Both exchange 2003 servers have IIS using only basic authentication and
> allowing anonymous access with the IUSR account.
>
> Thanks, I hope I've given enough info and haven't been clear as mud.
>
> Jen

If you haven't configured the new server as a Front-end server (checkbox on
server's properties in ESM) then when you open the OWA site on it, it will
redirect you to the server with the mailbox on (i.e. the servername in the
address bar changes) if it's on a different server.  It is the change of
server name that causes the reauthentication.  Browser credentials in Basic
Auth mode are only good for one server.  If you'd configured the OWA server
as a FE server (but you'd have to remove the mailboxes first), then it would
act as a proxy to the other servers, and you wouldn't need to log in again.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee

Sent Items using Outlook 2007 with Exchange mailbox + hotmail
Hi, I am currently using Outlook 2007 with an Exchange 2003 mailbox. I recently added my Hotmail mailbox so I don't need to go through IE for my personnal emails. Everytime I send and email, the sent email goes to both my exchange mailbox sent items AND in my Hotmail sent items. Since I am using hotmail for my personal communications, I'd like them to be added only in my Hotmail sent items. I don't want to mix up my personal and business communications. Is that possible? Regards. ...

Exchange Server Recipient Limits
Hello group, We are currently running Exchange 2003 in mixed mode, and would like to limit the recipient limits in Exchange. We would like to limit it to 40 globally. The problem we are having is that want DLs to count as 1 recipient, and not the actual number of members. From what I recall, this is how Exchange 5.5 behaved. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks much to all, Kynnie -- ...

Mailbox Management #6
Sorry for the repost - somehow my initial message got buried in the wrong topic. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I manage an exchange environment for a school at a university. Many of our faculty have very large mailboxes and like to keep their mail for ever. As silly as it may sound, I try to support this. My peferred configuration for these people is to auto-archive mail from the server into a .pst when it reaches some age then divide their pst files into years for permanent archiving. The benefits for this are obvious. The...

OWA HTTPS Exchange 2003
I have an exchange 2003 server and I'm trying to setup OWA If I set it to no encryption, it works fine. I can go to http: //server/exchange and OWA Opens fine. if I turn on "Require SSL" in either 128 bit mode or not, and I go to https: //server/exchange I get "The Page can not be displayed" any ideas? What type of certificate are you using? Nue "MrLee" <ldspm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ug65aNsbGHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have an exchange 2003 server and I'm trying to setup OWA > > If I set it to no encryption, it wo...

moving from 1 server to another
I have a new exchange server 2003, I will be transfering data from my old 5.5 server. How do I set my 5.5 server not to accept any messages while I am doing the transfer? "Gonzosez" <tbyam@hinklemfgNS.com> wrote in news:OT4#GI5gEHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > I have a new exchange server 2003, I will be transfering data from my > old 5.5 server. > How do I set my 5.5 server not to accept any messages while I am doing > the transfer? I'm not exactly sure how you have it set up without more detailed information. You could disable the IMC while you transfer...

OWA Password Reminder
Hi, In OWA 2003 with Exchange 2003 I have enabled my users to change their AD password via the Change Password button in OWA. No problems. However, I am going to implement a domain wide password policy which forces users to change there password every 60 days. I want to know if there is any way of making AD password expiry reminders appear in OWA? I have user's at remote sites that only access there email via OWA, and therefore don't actually get the password change reminders. Then there account locks out, because they didn't change their password before the expiry date. A...

OWA Issues #8
I have been attempting to access my Exchange server via the web. With IE I get the "loading" error. With Mozilla FireFox I am able to gain access, send and receive emails but none of the button jpgs or gifs show up. My Exchange is behind an ISA server. I have checked all of the settings for my SMTP virtual server and they appear to be correct. i have looked at IE settings and scripting is allowed as well as all sites are set to defaults. This problem occurs with all of my end users who attempt to connect to Exchange remotely so it isn't a local machine issue it has to be either t...

Exchange 2003 Server
I accidently deleted a Exchange server from a System Policy and it removed the server from the organization. How do I get that back????? Do I need to reinstall Exchange? You could do an authoritative restore of Active Directory otherwise you will need to do another install for the server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright....

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

Mail Flow Problem Between 2 Internal Exchange Servers
Recently I added a second Exchange server to the network. The 1st server is Exchange 2000 and the 2nd is Exchange 2003. Both are located in the same physical network site and subnet, exchange administrative group, and exchange routing group. I created one test user/mailbox on the 2nd server. I can sucessfully send mail to the 2nd exchange server's test mailbox from mailbox user on the 1st server but cannot send messages to the user/mailboxes on the 1st server from the test mailbox. In otherwords I can recieve email but cannot send from the test user/mailbox on the new server. Any ...

deleting specific emails from exchange server
Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? I have sceneraio where 20,000 have been generated for a single email address and I want to be able to delete these before delivery to the end user account (outlook 2003). Cheers in advance Ollie Riches Check your mail queues, order them by Sender, bulk select and then delete with no NDR. Oliver "Ollie Riches" <ollie_riches@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OSIRe2iNHHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? > > I have scenerai...

MailBox Status in ESM
We can output a text file of the MailBox status at MailBox under Server in the ESM, but...can anybody tell where can I find the data without clicking the outputfile choice. Because I need to get the status of everyone's MailBox periodically. Thanks Benjamin ...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

GAL in OWA #2
hello i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web Access. plz thanks Rana Hi, This is working as designed. There is no global address list in OWA, you can search for recipients in OWA right? Leif "Rana" <farooq.aslam@psshmc.org> wrote in message news:uhIWSjItGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > > i am running exchanger server 2003. i have configured global address list > its accessible in micrsoft outlook but not accessible on Oultook Web ...

OWA logon page
Does anyone have a great MS or internet reference for creating a logon page? I could not find one bundled with the product and need to create a page that would allow users to sign in and logon to OWA. Thanks! James, What version of Exchange? Exchange 2003 has forms based authentication that, when activated, enables a logon page. Tom "James" <jtowns380@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e4101c3a9fe$32330e60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a great MS or internet reference for > creating a logon page? I could not find one bundled with > the product and nee...

exchange pop3 server' problem
Hi! there I have a problem in my exchange 2003. My exchange pop3 server cant receive mails from other external mail servers like yahoo.com , hotmail.com. "when i send email from my hotmail inbox this mail has bee sent. i cant be able to receive my mails in exchange. on other hands my exchange 2003 server working properly on internal Local area network. thanks a lot. Munawar Hussain Sial Excel Freight Systems (Pvt.) Ltd 8/1, Habib ullah Road, Off Davis Road, Lahore-Pakistan Cell # :92-300-4727097 Tel # : 92-42-6369626/6310291/6310292 Fax # : 92-42-6369627/6300291 E-mail: i...

3GB mailbox slow when opening mail except after a restart
Hi all We have a 3g mailbox that is slow when opening mails. it sometimes says outlook is not responding and sometimes the mails open normal. Can it be the size of the mailbox or how can i rectify this. She is using outlook 2003 and are connected to exc2003 in cached mode. If i restart the laptop it works fine for some time and then the same issue start again... Thanks for your help On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:29:47 +0200, "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote: >Hi all > >We have a 3g mailbox that is slow when opening mails. it sometimes...

minimum video resolution required for CRM?
Does anyone know the minimum video resolution required for CRM for Outlook and for the web interface to CRM? Does it cange for CRM v3.0? I have a customre reporting (unconfirmed) that they are unable to run on a tablet that runs 800x600. Is this true? I have been unable to find any listing in the requirements that specifically addresses this. Works fine here when I test it on 800*600 on a normal desktop. Okay, you don't see much and have to do a lot of scrolling, but it works. However, I don't know if a tablet pc has some specific display behaviour different from a desktop ...

Reading mailbox items with minimum Exchange
Hi, I need a way to read mailbox data (through a program) from an unmounted store with minimal dependency on Exchange. The store is located (copied) on a Windows 2000 Server machine without Exchange installed yet. What I am seeking is a solution that does not effect the rest of active directory/network by creating duplicates or conflicts and does not require full fledged Exchange running i.e. ideally only few required Exchange Dlls installed. So, whats the best that could work in this scenario. Umar Hi Umar, if you're using Exchange 2K3 you could mount the store in the Recover...

OWA 2003 and changing password
I have a problem on enabling changing password on OWA 200 My server is a 2 nodes cluster Windows 2003 Adv and Exchange 2003 in active/passive mode (only one virtual server My OWA is working great, i have enabled the registry key to show the "change password" butto my virtual server ISSADMPWD with SSL and certificate is installe when a user click on the change password button in OWA a new popup window in HTTPS appears, he accept the certificate and next he has a 404 error (pasge not found) on an .asp page i have verified the .asp page is present and good Does anyone have an idea Th...

limitation on mailbox size even if it is not checked?
Exchange 5.5 - I have a user with a 2 gig mailbox size - he has no limit set on his mailbox. Today, he received an error: message store has reached maximum size. The server is not having any issues - the store is up and not having issues. I've tried to find out what this error means, but nothing comes up in the knowledge base. SO - is there a size limit on a mailbox in 5.5 ? I didn't think so - but. I also created a new profile as this user and did not get the error message - mailbox opened properly. Could it just be a corrupt profile? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.co...

User authentication when launching Crystal Report
Hi gurus, when I run a report from inside Ms CRM, the system asks user and password. I type my user and password (as I did at the logon time) and all is fine, but I do not want that. This behaviour only applies to those reports in which I added objects (e.g. in a report based on accounts and quotes, I added contacts). I have seen that when I look for the table to add to the report, the table lists is below a connection different from the original one (that is called SSO, as Single Sign On, I suppose) and so I think that when the report is launched, Crystal wants to know who is accessing...

OWA doesn't show what Outlook does
I've had an email from one of our users and he says that he's having problems with OWA. He says that it shows unread emails, but he can't find them. Logs on with Outlook and there they are (and they all happen to be from one user). Any thoughts on how we can fix this? Thanks, Neal Get rid of the user:-) It is probably a different view. When you logon on to his mailbox do you have the same problem? Nue "Neal" <neal@apoyar.net> wrote in message news:OCg1hRheGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I've had an email from one of our users and he says that ...

Streaming large file not working with Forms Authentication?
Hi all, I've got an ASP.NET website that shows video's (mpg format) using the Windows Media Player Active X component (object classid='CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95' etcetera). The video's are being send to the client by using the Response.WriteFile method. Everything works fine, except when I use Forms Authentication in the web.config. At that point, the site works great but the video's won't load anymore. The player starts for about 2 seconds and stops again. It seems that the whole mpg file won't be streamed anymore or something. Wh...

OWA on Front-End Exchange 2003 Server gives "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable"
On a pure Windows 2003 network, I have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a back end server "BE1". OWA works fine on this server via http://BE1/Exchange On 2 brand new windows 2003 servers "FE1", "FE2", I 1. Installed Exchange Server 2003. 2. Installed Exchange 2003 SP1 3. Made it a front-end server via System Manager 4. Rebooted and tried accessing OWA Accessing http://FE1/Exchange and http://FE2/Exchange does not work I only get "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" IIS log: 2004-11-24 14:26:53 127.0.0.1 GET /Exchange - 80 mydomain\myusername 127...