OWA questions #2

A couple of questions I am having problems find the answers to:

1. Is there an easy way to change OWA to be at http://localhost instead of http://localhost/exchange

2. Is there an easy way to change OWA so that the domain name is not required when logging on (as though it is automatically passed)?

3. Are there any good, free, mailbox-to-web archivers out there?

Thanks in advance
0
egedra (1)

1. There are a few ways to have it where users type in http://<server>/,
and get redirected to http://<server>/exchange.  The easiest way is to do a
redirection through the IIS console.  The following assumes Windows 2003.
Even if you're using Windows 2000, it will be similar(just a few change of
words, but same options/steps).

a. Open the IIS console(Start -- Programs -- Administration Tools --
Internet Services Manager).
b. Go to the properties of the Default Web Site(DWS).
c. Go to the Home Directory tab.
d. Choose the "A redirection to a URL" option.
e. In the "Redirect to" field, put "/exchange" (w/o the quotes).
f. Put a check in the "A directory below URL entered".
g. Stop and restart the DWS.

2. In order to not have to put in the domain, you need to give the Basic
authentication settings, for the Exchange & Public virtual directories, a
default domain name(internal netbios domain name).  The authentication
settings of all Exchange servers(front-end and back-end) should be as
follows.

Note: Remove all authentications settings, except those listed below.

Legend:
ESM = Set in Exchange System Manager
IIS = Set in the IIS console

Exchange & Public(ESM): Basic(w/ Default Domain = <internal netbios name of
your domain>)
Exchweb & all subdirectories(IIS): Anonymous or Basic(w/ Default Domain =
<internal netbios name of your domain>)

3. Not that we know of.

===================================
From: Kevyn Pietsch[MSFT]

 Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at:

===================================

0
kevynp (27)

Re: Excel 2007 column chart fill question
Hi, I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. The only method I've found currently is to fill with different picture types that have the different type of hatches. I'm certain there must be another method. Does anyone know how? Thank you. Hi, Pattern fills have been deprecated, MS term for removed, in 2007. Picture fill is the only way. Cheers Andy Anvah Gareson wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, > horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. ...

Reporting #2
I receive email for two domains into my Exchange Server. I'd like to know how much email is received total and for each of these domains individually. Are there any built in tools for this type of reporting? Thanks, Andy Hi No built in tools to do this in Exchange, you would need to use a product lik MOM or a 3 rd pary product like: Mail Access Monitor http://www.internetaccessmonitor.com/eng/products/mam/ Admin Report Kit for Exchange Server http://www.vyapin.com/products/enterprisenetworktools/arkxchange.htm Exchange Monitor http://www.fortissoftware.com/ Regards -- Ben Ho...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Uninstall #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi - My understanding is that you can the mid level Office installed on only one machine at a time. So, excuse me for being stupid, but how does the disk know? When I uninstalled by dragging the app folders to the trash and emptying securely, the disk was not in the machine. What am I missing and if I uninstall and give the disk to my daughter for her machine, who knows where ithas beeninstalled and how many times. Thanks - Neil On 4/15/08 2:01 PM, in article ee988f4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "neiljsalkind@office...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

product key #2
i purchased publisher 2002. I then had a fire at my house. THe disc seemed to survive as it was in a protected area, the original computer that the progam was installed on was destroyed. In addition, the plastic case had some soot damage which obliterated the first two letters/numbers of the product code, the rest is in tact. is there any way to retrieve these first two letters so that I can install the program on my new computer? technical assistance from microsoft requires this product key so i can't even request assistance at this point. SInce there is nothing wrong with...

Outlook Archive file #2
I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file is missing. What is the best way to proceed? try disconnecting it from your account through Data File Management. "Lee Roth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d801c3d976$ca774bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable to close my archive file . Error says a file > is missing. What is the best way to proceed? ...

Forensic Question
I have been given the task of proving a possibilty and am under some serious pressure from my employer. Here is the scenario: we will use the identities of PersonA and PersonB. At one time PersonA was given access rights to PersonB's mailbox because PersonB worked for them and PersonA had a reason to monitor. Time passed on and it was forgotten to remove PersonA's rights from PersonB's mailbox after PersonB moved into another position. It is now believed that PersonA may have continued to monitor PersonB's mailbox without PersonB's knowledge. Is it possible to go ba...

Purchase Order Workflow Question
I'm wondering if there is a way within RMS to enter multiple items quickly on a PO. Right now, I am having to go into the Add Item area each time, which is just an annoying and time consuming extra step. In previous softwares I've used, you can simply enter your quantities directly on a form in your item lookup without having to look up items each time. Is there a more efficient way to do this within RMS and I'm missing it? Try the "Quick Scan" button. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems I would, except these are items that need to have barcodes generated w...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...

Multiple line entry question
Hi I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results. It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc. So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then manually enter games won/lost etc Then I click submit to add the entry to the table I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the table Is it possible? Thanks Neil It is possible if you use unbound forms to enter more tha...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

xmlnode question
Hello, I'm new to xml and I have a question: I try to do the following Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.LoadXml("<Request><Root><Requestor name='' /><FlowData flowstatus='' /><Products><productdate productid='' /></Products></Root></Request>") Dim node As XmlNode = doc.SelectSingleNode("Request/Root/Requestor/@name") node.Value = "TestValue" Dim node3 As XmlNode = doc.SelectSingleNode("Request/Root/FlowData/@flowstatus") node3.Value = &q...

compare values #2
Hello, i am looking for a function or macro that will help me out with te following problem : I hav a file with 2 columns (filename and name): FILENAME NAME dossier 1 AAP dossier 4 AAP dossier 9 AAP dossier 10 AAP dossier 5 BOOM dossier 7 BOOM dossier 3 MIES dossier 2 NOOT dossier 6 VLIEGTUIG dossier 8 VLIEGTUIG i want to sort this out, so only the cells with the exact name in column2 and the correspondin...

ExcelSheet Worksheets Alignment Question
Hi all, Just need some help with a problem I am having. Currently I have an access 2000 application that I am writing a function for. This function basically takes data from the database, calculate what values I need and then export that to an excel worksheet. The thing is I can not find a list of syntax anywhere online aka ExcelSheet.Worksheets(SheetName).columns("A") ..ColumnWidth Will change the width of the column ..Font.Name Will change Font ..insert Will insert a coln or a row The first question is where can I find a comprehensive list of these? ...