OWA Question (Exch 2003)

Exchange 2003.

If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a
certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all
mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into?

Can I tell from Event viewer or other means?

0
no7710 (10)

If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they
view them in Outlook themselves.

What is the overall goal?  Maybe there is a better way.

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP

Hades wrote:
> Exchange 2003.
>
> If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a
> certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all
> mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into?
>
> Can I tell from Event viewer or other means?

Excel Not Opening using OWA

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

Re: Excel 2007 column chart fill question
Hi, I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. The only method I've found currently is to fill with different picture types that have the different type of hatches. I'm certain there must be another method. Does anyone know how? Thank you. Hi, Pattern fills have been deprecated, MS term for removed, in 2007. Picture fill is the only way. Cheers Andy Anvah Gareson wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, > horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Forensic Question
I have been given the task of proving a possibilty and am under some serious pressure from my employer. Here is the scenario: we will use the identities of PersonA and PersonB. At one time PersonA was given access rights to PersonB's mailbox because PersonB worked for them and PersonA had a reason to monitor. Time passed on and it was forgotten to remove PersonA's rights from PersonB's mailbox after PersonB moved into another position. It is now believed that PersonA may have continued to monitor PersonB's mailbox without PersonB's knowledge. Is it possible to go ba...

Excell 2003 'Research' bug
When one clicks the 'Research' icon on the Standard toolbar, then does a 'Search for' with the default 'All Reference Books' list item, Excel crashes. Selecting any individual item on the list works except for either of the 'Thesaurus: Spanish()' options. Not a big deal, but it's irritating to have to change the default 'All Research Sites' to avoid the crash. Is there a way to eliminate these list options, or other fix available? Thanks Fred -Irvine, California Fred Which causes the crash? First you state "All Reference Books&q...

Purchase Order Workflow Question
I'm wondering if there is a way within RMS to enter multiple items quickly on a PO. Right now, I am having to go into the Add Item area each time, which is just an annoying and time consuming extra step. In previous softwares I've used, you can simply enter your quantities directly on a form in your item lookup without having to look up items each time. Is there a more efficient way to do this within RMS and I'm missing it? Try the "Quick Scan" button. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems I would, except these are items that need to have barcodes generated w...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...

import .CSV file to XP EXcel 2003 worksheet, the seperator is com.
Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The text delimitor is comma. How do I change the worksheet to have the text delimited by column? that means each text filed is imported into each column. Thank you ML Change the .csv extension to .txt then open that *.txt file. The Text Import Wizard will appear and you can parse your data with "delimited by" comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The t...

Multiple line entry question
Hi I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results. It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc. So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then manually enter games won/lost etc Then I click submit to add the entry to the table I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the table Is it possible? Thanks Neil It is possible if you use unbound forms to enter more tha...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...

LIMITATION ON ACCESS 2003 DATABASE
Could anyone tell me whether there is a limit to the number of records which can be stored in a table in an Access 2003 database. I have an Access dbase with approximately 8463 records already and growing day by day. I find that sometimes all records can't be read (I run a document management system from the database whereby I lookup data and documents previously created). After getting the error I rebuild and compact the database and all runs fine for a while again. Then it doesn't read all the records again for some or other reason. I repeat the process and all fine. Is there a limit...

Excel 2003 memory abuse
Hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 on almost every workstation here. When I fill some cells in a worksheet with data and the select a few cells excel starts using excessive amounts of memory when I just move my mouse over the sheet. In the task memory I can see Excel using a lot of processor time and I see the memory usage increase by almost 1 mb/s. When using excel normally this problem will cause windows to have more then 1.5 GB of memory in use after around 30 min. At the end windows will crash due to problems with the virtual memory. This problem occurs with all excel sheets. H...

Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - sheets all coming up protected and Read Only My client has Office XP and all her spreadsheets that she is creating are read only right away. When she trys to do anything with them she gets" "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using unprotect sheet command. You may be prompted for a password." She is prompted for a password which she did not create. Any idea how to fix this? mick2767@hotmail.com So she starts Excel and the default initial empty wo...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

outlook 2003 block sender list
ok i am looking for the file location for the block sender list in outlook 2003 i am told it is Stored in mailbox as a hidden message if this is right how do i unhide it. Or if it is not there do you know where it would be. Please note i do know how to import and export the blocked sender list by going to tool- option- junk email- block sender. But this how every is not what i what to know i need the file location for Outlook 2003 Blocked senders lists. Thank you I recall reading about this in PC Magainze a few months ago. You might try a search at their website if you don't get ...