OWA problem, Please help is really urgent.

      The page cannot be found
      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

      Please try the following:

        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

        b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
        c.. Click the back button to try another link.
      HTTP 404 - File not found
      Internet Information Services

I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages. I'm using
exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make this work for my
account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help or ideas
will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Denise

0
nichi_98 (28)

Make sure HTTP Protocol access for your account is enabled.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>      The page cannot be found
>      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
> changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

>      Please try the following:
>
>        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure
> that
> it is spelled correctly.
>
>        b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the
> information you want.
>        c.. Click the back button to try another link.
>      HTTP 404 - File not found
>      Internet Information Services

> I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages. I'm using
> exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
> http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make this work for
> my
> account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help or ideas
> will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Denise

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
8/19/2004 4:06:12 PM
John:

Thank you so much for your quick response. How and where do I check that?.

Thanks again,

Denise

"John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Make sure HTTP Protocol access for your account is enabled.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr.
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>

> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >      The page cannot be found
> >      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
> > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

> >      Please try the following:
> >
> >        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure
> > that
> > it is spelled correctly.
> >
> >        b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the
> > information you want.
> >        c.. Click the back button to try another link.
> >      HTTP 404 - File not found
> >      Internet Information Services

> > I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages. I'm using
> > exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
> > http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make this work
for
> > my
> > account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help or ideas
> > will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Denise

0
nichi_98 (28)
8/19/2004 4:24:32 PM
Disregard my next posting, I already found where. But is already checked.
The Http protocol was enabled. I still don't have access. Any other thing
that I must check?
Thanks John.

Denise

"John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Make sure HTTP Protocol access for your account is enabled.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr.
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>

> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >      The page cannot be found
> >      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
> > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

> >      Please try the following:
> >
> >        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure
> > that
> > it is spelled correctly.
> >
> >        b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the
> > information you want.
> >        c.. Click the back button to try another link.
> >      HTTP 404 - File not found
> >      Internet Information Services

> > I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages. I'm using
> > exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
> > http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make this work
for
> > my
> > account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help or ideas
> > will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Denise

0
nichi_98 (28)
8/19/2004 4:43:25 PM
Try opening your OWA mailbox from another machine or the Exchange Server
itself.  Also try the IP Address of the Exchange Server in the Address Bar
instead of the name.

--

> Disregard my next posting, I already found where. But is already checked.
> The Http protocol was enabled. I still don't have access. Any other thing
> that I must check?
> Thanks John.
>
> Denise
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Make sure HTTP Protocol access for your account is enabled.
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr.
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>

>> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >      The page cannot be found
>> >      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
>> > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

>> >      Please try the following:
>> >
>> >        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure
>> > that
>> > it is spelled correctly.
>> >
>> >        b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the
>> > information you want.
>> >        c.. Click the back button to try another link.
>> >      HTTP 404 - File not found
>> >      Internet Information Services

>> > I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages. I'm using
>> > exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
>> > http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make this work
> for
>> > my
>> > account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help or
>> > ideas
>> > will be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Denise

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
8/19/2004 4:55:28 PM
John,

I tried using the server ip address http://ipaddress/exchange/user and it
didn't work either. I try by going to the server IIS in the user account
click browse and I get the (http://localhost/Exchange/user page not found,
it doesn't work either. What else can I test? Not sure if I had mention I'm
using my exchange 2000 from my SBS 2000 server.
Thank you so much again for your support.

> Try opening your OWA mailbox from another machine or the Exchange Server
> itself.  Also try the IP Address of the Exchange Server in the Address Bar
> instead of the name.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr.
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>

> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Disregard my next posting, I already found where. But is already
checked.
> > The Http protocol was enabled. I still don't have access. Any other
thing
> > that I must check?
> > Thanks John.
> >
> > Denise
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Make sure HTTP Protocol access for your account is enabled.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr.
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>

> >> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message

-

-

> > for

0
nichi_98 (28)
8/19/2004 5:19:41 PM
Denise,

Could you please check the application log on the server and paste it into
here or save it to.txt file and attach it here ?. Did you get this error msg
when u try to open OWA or when u click on your email msg ? it will be great
if you could attach the screenshot of you IE.

Halezan
> John,
>
> I tried using the server ip address http://ipaddress/exchange/user and it
> didn't work either. I try by going to the server IIS in the user account
> click browse and I get the (http://localhost/Exchange/user page not found,
> it doesn't work either. What else can I test? Not sure if I had mention
I'm
> using my exchange 2000 from my SBS 2000 server.
> Thank you so much again for your support.
>
> Denise
>

> "John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Try opening your OWA mailbox from another machine or the Exchange Server
> > itself.  Also try the IP Address of the Exchange Server in the Address
Bar
> > instead of the name.
> >
> > --
> > John Oliver, Jr.
> > MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> > Microsoft Certified Partner
> >

> > "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Disregard my next posting, I already found where. But is already
> checked.
> > > The Http protocol was enabled. I still don't have access. Any other
> thing
> > > that I must check?
> > > Thanks John.
> > >
> > > Denise
> > >
> > > "John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> name

> -

> sure

> -

> using
> > > for

0
m_halezan (9)
8/19/2004 6:07:25 PM
"Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>       The page cannot be found
>       The page you are looking for might have been removed, had
its name
> changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
>
> I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages.
I'm using
> exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
> http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make
this work for my
> account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help
or ideas
> will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Denise

One thing you might check:  Make sure that you have an email
address in the Default SMTP Domain for the server's Default
Recipient Policy.  It doesn't have to be your primary SMTP
address, you just have to have one.  In other words, if the user
that can successfully use OWA has an SMTP address of
user1@domain1.com, and you only have an address of
user2@domain2.com, make sure you give yourself another address of
user2@domain1.com as well.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
8/19/2004 6:19:14 PM
Yonkey thanks for your help too.I get the message when I try to run OWA from
the Web.
Here is the Log file.

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2004-08-19 00:00:43
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem
cs-uri-query sc-status cs(User-Agent)
2004-08-19 00:00:43 10.0.0.135 - 10.0.0.2 80 OPTIONS / - 200
Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600
2004-08-19 00:00:43 10.0.0.135 - 10.0.0.2 80 PROPFIND /sysvol - 404
Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/5.1.2600
2004-08-19 15:54:07 10.0.0.147 - 10.0.0.2 80 GET /exchange/theuser - 401
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)
2004-08-19 15:54:07 10.0.1.147 My server\nichi98 10.0.0.2 80 GET
/exchange/theuser - 404
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)

Here is the message from the IE page I get from the server browser

http://localhost/Exchange/theuser

      The page cannot be found
      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

      Please try the following:

        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

        b.. Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
        c.. Click the Back button to try another link.
      HTTP 404 - File not found
      Internet Information Services

        a.. More information:
        Microsoft Support

and this is the one I get from my desktop IE browser

http://10.0.0.2/exchange/theuser

      The page cannot be found
      The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

      Please try the following:

        a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

        b.. Open the 10.0.0.2 home page, and then look for links to the

"Yonkey" <m_halezan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Denise,
>
> Could you please check the application log on the server and paste it into
> here or save it to.txt file and attach it here ?. Did you get this error
msg
> when u try to open OWA or when u click on your email msg ? it will be
great
> if you could attach the screenshot of you IE.
>
> Halezan
> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > John,
> >
> > I tried using the server ip address http://ipaddress/exchange/user and
it
> > didn't work either. I try by going to the server IIS in the user account
> > click browse and I get the (http://localhost/Exchange/user page not
found,
> > it doesn't work either. What else can I test? Not sure if I had mention
> I'm
> > using my exchange 2000 from my SBS 2000 server.
> > Thank you so much again for your support.
> >
> > Denise
> >

> > "John Oliver, Jr. (MVP)" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Try opening your OWA mailbox from another machine or the Exchange
Server
> > > itself.  Also try the IP Address of the Exchange Server in the Address
> Bar
> > > instead of the name.
> > >
> > > --
> > > John Oliver, Jr.
> > > MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> > > Microsoft Certified Partner
> > >

> > > "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > checked.
> > thing

> > name

> > -

> > sure

> the

> > -

> > using
> work

0
nichi_98 (28)
8/19/2004 6:55:57 PM
Lee!!! OMG thank you so much.!!! That was the missing link, it finally
worked. You all guys are awesome.
Thank's to John and Jonkey also for taking the time to look into my problem,
now I can enjoy my vacation time starting tomorow. What a relief.!!! Thanks
again Lee,

with apreciation,

Denise

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d0t.c0m> wrote in message
> "Denise" <nichi_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >       The page cannot be found
> >       The page you are looking for might have been removed, had
> its name
> > changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
> >
> > I'm getting this error when I try to check my email messages.
> I'm using
> > exchange 2000. But when I try testing with another user account
> > http:\\servername\exchange\user    it works. How can I make
> this work for my
> > account. Please help is needed here, is really urgent. Any help
> or ideas
> > will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Denise
>
> One thing you might check:  Make sure that you have an email
> address in the Default SMTP Domain for the server's Default
> Recipient Policy.  It doesn't have to be your primary SMTP
> address, you just have to have one.  In other words, if the user
> that can successfully use OWA has an SMTP address of
> user1@domain1.com, and you only have an address of
> user2@domain2.com, make sure you give yourself another address of
> user2@domain1.com as well.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
> www.leederbyshire.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

nichi_98 (28)
8/19/2004 8:23:07 PM
> Lee!!! OMG thank you so much.!!! That was the missing link, it
finally
> worked. You all guys are awesome.
> Thank's to John and Jonkey also for taking the time to look
into my problem,
> now I can enjoy my vacation time starting tomorow. What a
relief.!!! Thanks
> again Lee,
>
> with apreciation,
>
> Denise

No problem.  This one happens all the time.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee

HELP with adding email accounts
I have Outlook 2000 and I am trying to add email accounts for my various businesses. I can add one and the other two give me the error message 0x800ccc0d. I run Windows XP and I am on DSL. Can anyone advise? Hi Wendy, WORKAROUND To work around this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on your situation. Method 1: Confirm that your e-mail server settings are correct For information about the correct settings for your e-mail server, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator. Note Some ISPs do not permit message routing through another SMTP ser...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Budget amounts wrong, Please help!!
Here is my delema. In Microsoft Money 2004 I have set up my budget and all was great until I was reviwing my current budget status. Under some of my expenses it shows the budgeted amount as double what (and sometimes triple) what it should be. If I choose one of these items and click edit it shows the box with the choice of editing "a Bill in this category" or "An additional expnese in this category" Under "a Bill in this category" it has a pull down menu and it shows the same item more than once. Only one of the identical choices can be used and it...

CListView Problem
Hello Friends, I am having problem in displaying different sizes of images and underneath them I having some text to display. My Main issue is that whenever the row is not having sufficient height then the text is being displayed as three dots (...) and whenever I select the image then It is displaying me the full text and when deselected then again three dots. I want to remove these three dots at the run time depending upon the height required by the text to be displayed. Please help. Thanks in advance. Look into owner drawn flag. That will let you override the default drawing, ...

Help please with nested iif
Hi I am trying to create a nested iif, for the following scenerio - but I am having difficulties if due date is less than today, show yesterdays date. if due date is between today and today plus 14 days, show the current due date. if due date is greater than today plus 14 days, show the current due date plus 15 days. I have managed the basic iif (true/false), but cant evaluate the rest! Many Thanks Alec alecgreen wrote: | I am trying to create a nested iif, for the following scenerio - but I | am having difficulties | | if due date is less than today, show yesterda...

URGENT
I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM copied from my Exchange 2003 server. Is this possible using Exmerge on aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed? Are there any other tools to achieve this? Thanks Hi Ron. Exmerge will only extract emails from a database when it is connected to Excahnge and it is attached to a user. you could try creating a recovery server to extract this info. "Ron Mann" <mann_ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23IlM6gsZHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to extract mailboxes to ...

Problem With Comments
I am creating a large spreadsheet by hand with about 1000 rows by 30 columns. About half of the cells need comments, but after I use a few hundred comments they start to reassign to different cells. Example, I make a comment on cell A1, and then create a comment much later on cell C453, cell A1's comment box moves from being adjacent to cell A1 to being adjacent to cell C453 and has the comment I want for cell C453, but the comment points to cell A1! It appears that Excel X has some kind of limit on the number of comments on a spreadsheet. Is there any way to get around this? ...

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Quick Print Problem
On all my machines when I select the "Keep Current Document Displayed" option and do the CTR Q sequence the program goes un responsive. If I unselect that option everything seems to work. Is anyone else experiancing this? Running GP10 SP4 ------=_NextPart_0001_9A9CAD77 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It works for me. Same as when I originally developed the code as part of Named Printers. :-) Do you have any customisations active of the Sales Transaction Entry window? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Micro...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Please help me decipher the result of COUNT.
Following data from A1:A7 Sales 12/8/2008 19 22.24 TRUE #DIV/0! =COUNT(A1:A7,2) returns 4. I don't understand where the four occurrences of 2 come from. 22.24 = 3 occurrences 12/8/2008 = 2 occurrences total of 5?? I know I am missing something. Please tell me. Is there a tool that I can use to trace? I tried the formula auditing toolbar, no luck because there is no error and trace precedents is not detailed enough. Appreciate explanation. Epinn have a look in the help index for COUNT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

help!
I use MS Money every few weeks to update my after tax accounts. It does a good job. When I tried today, it won't connect to any three of my accounts. It just says "update in process" next to all of my accounts. I have the password in the promt box (I read the note on merging accounts).. do you think that is the fix? Any help would be appreciated. I was unable to update my accounts late Friday night, but OK Saturday afternoon, then unavailable again late Saturday. This is usual for Bank of America as they do maintenance on weekends. This MAY be your issue or it could...

Outlook XP
When clicking on the "Send" button in Outlook XP to send a message - the message just stays on the screen and doesn't get sent. Receiving mail works fine as does forwarding and replying. I only have a problem with new e-mail messages.the e-mail client uses an SMTP server on a network to send - All messages stay in the outbox and the account settings appear to be OK. However when the Send button is selected they do not get sent and stay in the outbox and no error message appears. Any help on this would be gratefully received Michael Hewson MCP Have similar problem, but my pr...

Microsoft Office: Word 2003 memory and encountering problems
I am using a third party application that uses xml and vba to repurpose documents. The issue I am having is that I get variable results each time I run a repurpose the very same document, and Word usually just hangs or provides an insufficent memory message or microsoft encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes the repurpose is successful. I'm looking everywhere to seek out a solution. I have Word SP1 and have a larger Word memory, I have more than enough RAM. I am on a stand alone computer, in a networked business environment, and the application runs fro...

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

Who could help me about smart pointer?
Hello all: There is a method Add and interface ISMath In my compont using ATL,but when I compile my client software ,it always display: error C2039: 'Add' : is not a member of 'CComPtr<struct ISMath>' Look: #include <atlbase.h> #include "Com_01.h" #include "Com_01_i.c" void main() { HRESULT hr; hr=CoInitialize(NULL); if(FAILED(hr)) { cout<<"Initialize COM failed"<<endl; return; } CComPtr<ISMath> *pISMath; hr=CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SMath,NULL,CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,IID_ISMath,(void** )&pI...

Timeline Problem
Hi All, I am trying to create a time-line graph by usineg a stacked bar chart. I am having problems setting the min and maximum for the X axis (date). Whatever values I put in for the min and max values seem to reset to 0 and 100,000 - is there a resoon for this? How do I set my min and max as 1/1/04 and 15/6/05 respectively? I have tried putting the date and the numerical date in but this doesn't seem to work. Regards Andi When you refer to the X axis are you refering to the vertical or horizontal axis? Excel treats the Horizontal axis of a Bar chart as the X axis for some app...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

Category Problems....HELP!
I currently have Money 2006 Small Business. I started using Money years ago with earlier versions. The category list I use has evolved from the previous versions, and there appear to be many of the "standard" categories I don't use, and want to delete them (There are no transactions tied to them.) I've tried deleting these many, many times, but they reappear within a few minutes. I tried the "move" function, moving to a similar category that is being used (e.g moved "Medical-Dental" to "Medical/Dental") but the category reappears after a few ...