OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890

I have seen on a few machines that while using the Premium version the =
computer will bring up prompts to insert the office CD to install =
something.  But what confuses me is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine =
without office and it works fine, so it appears to not require MS office =
unless you have office installed and then it prompts the user multiple =
times to insert the office CD.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

--=20
NATHAN WALTER
Santa Barbara, CA

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>I have seen on a=20
few machines that while using the Premium version the computer will =
bring up=20
prompts to insert the office CD to install something.&nbsp; But what =
confuses me=20
is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine without office and it works =
fine, so it=20
appears to not require MS office unless you have office installed and =
then it=20
prompts the user multiple times to insert the office CD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Can anyone provide any insight into=20
this?</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>NATHAN WALTER<BR>Santa =
Barbara,=20
CA<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890--

0
nwalter (25)

I thought this was an Exch 2000 only issue, but I believe its  looking
for the Office  HTML source edit files. You'll either need to point it
at the correct installation point or hit cancel.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:58:35 -0700, "Nathan Walter"
<nwalter@fielding.edu> wrote:

>I have seen on a few machines that while using the Premium version the computer will bring up prompts to insert the office CD to install something.  But what confuses me is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine without office and it works fine, so it appears to not require MS office unless you have office installed and then it prompts the user multiple times to insert the office CD.
>
>Can anyone provide any insight into this?

0
adavid (8731)

how do i eject a cd disc
I have a dell laptop. how do i eject a cd On Jan 17, 12:06=A0pm, vanillas rose <vanillas r...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a dell laptop. how do i eject a cd Nothing to do with Word. There is a button either on or beside the drawer, and if that doesn't do it, unbend a paper clip and CAREFULLY press it slowly into the tiny hole beside the drawer. It will press on a tiny lever. .... Or right-click the drive icon in an Explorer window & select EJECT. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/17/10 12:06 PM, in article 5C28D855-A283-4...

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Outlook 2003 #129
I have recently installed office 2003. I'm having a problem with outlook. It runs fine, and I have no problems with it, but when I close it, the process still stays open in task manager. Also, because of that the outlook and office icons stay in my taskbar until I close it. Also, if I don't end the process in task manager, it takes a long time to load the next time I open it. I have winxp pro sp1, p4 2.4, 768Mg Ram,. Any ideas, thank you very much in advance for any help. ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

English Translation to Spanish ver 2003
Hello, While working in a Calendar, I am trying to convert my English to Spanish. I have add the spanish to the list via the Microsoft Tools and selected spanish and added it. I rebooted the computer and tested it again and it is not converting the texts from english to spanish. -- Thanks, Katie Are you certain you are selecting the correct Spanish version when you are in Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Out of Office assistant #2
Teh out of office assistant is not working properly. It is not auto replying. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Excell 2003 'Research' bug
When one clicks the 'Research' icon on the Standard toolbar, then does a 'Search for' with the default 'All Reference Books' list item, Excel crashes. Selecting any individual item on the list works except for either of the 'Thesaurus: Spanish()' options. Not a big deal, but it's irritating to have to change the default 'All Research Sites' to avoid the crash. Is there a way to eliminate these list options, or other fix available? Thanks Fred -Irvine, California Fred Which causes the crash? First you state "All Reference Books&q...

re: slow OWA

Office 2003
Since a few days ago, I have started to receive the warning shown below every time I start Outlook. I have no idea where this comes from or how to resolve it Help Thanks "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level thse macros will be disabled" I found the answer. It is the macro security setting in MS Office. What I don't know is how it got changed from medium to high "Jim McColl" <jamccoll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B749422D-D6DE-4938-AAB4-5FABE8A3C61E@microsoft.com... &g...

Cannot start Outlook 2003 #2
Error messeage: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. ...

Excel 2007 prompt to open file as read only
I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read only. How do I do this? Thank you! If you want the user to see a prompt, open the file. Do a SaveAs Click Tools|General options|and check "read-only recommended" They can still answer "no" to this prompt, right? SEllis wrote: > > I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read > only. How do I do this? Thank you! -- Dave Peterson ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 library to Outlook 2003?
How can I connect a SharePoint 2007 shared documents library to Outlook 2003? ...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

import .CSV file to XP EXcel 2003 worksheet, the seperator is com.
Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The text delimitor is comma. How do I change the worksheet to have the text delimited by column? that means each text filed is imported into each column. Thank you ML Change the .csv extension to .txt then open that *.txt file. The Text Import Wizard will appear and you can parse your data with "delimited by" comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The t...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

SBS 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp2
Hello all Is there any issues with migrating inboxes from a SBS 2003 server to a server dedicated to Exchange 2003? What i want to do is move all the mailboxes and then make the dedicated Exchange server the mail server for the domain, so i have to move all the pf and any system folders as well. Also the question is a bit of topic, but currently the SBS server is the AD/GC and DNS server for the domain, we are moving away from SBS, and using dedicated machines for these purposes. Can i just add this machine to the domain do a DC promo, make it a GC and then move all the roles from the...