OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890

I have seen on a few machines that while using the Premium version the =
computer will bring up prompts to insert the office CD to install =
something.  But what confuses me is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine =
without office and it works fine, so it appears to not require MS office =
unless you have office installed and then it prompts the user multiple =
times to insert the office CD.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

--=20
NATHAN WALTER
Santa Barbara, CA

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>I have seen on a=20
few machines that while using the Premium version the computer will =
bring up=20
prompts to insert the office CD to install something.&nbsp; But what =
confuses me=20
is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine without office and it works =
fine, so it=20
appears to not require MS office unless you have office installed and =
then it=20
prompts the user multiple times to insert the office CD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Can anyone provide any insight into=20
this?</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>NATHAN WALTER<BR>Santa =
Barbara,=20
CA<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C438D0.DB247890--

0
nwalter (25)

I thought this was an Exch 2000 only issue, but I believe its  looking
for the Office  HTML source edit files. You'll either need to point it
at the correct installation point or hit cancel.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:58:35 -0700, "Nathan Walter"
<nwalter@fielding.edu> wrote:

>I have seen on a few machines that while using the Premium version the computer will bring up prompts to insert the office CD to install something.  But what confuses me is that I've tried OWA2003 on a machine without office and it works fine, so it appears to not require MS office unless you have office installed and then it prompts the user multiple times to insert the office CD.
>
>Can anyone provide any insight into this?

0
adavid (8731)

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Spam/Virus Filtering for Exchange 2003 -- Recommendations please?
I just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 site to an Exchange 2003 site. However, I still have my 5.5 server acting as the SMTP Gateway, as that still has Norton AV on it. We called about the 2003 Norton AV, and it was prohibitavily expensive, and we already have the 5.5 edition paid for with the service updates (I guess that don't give discounts if you already paid for 5.5 version). So, an recommendations for an Anti-Virus and Spam server that I can use on Exchange 2003 that works well? Thanks! Blake Orange County Library System Orlando, FL "Blake" <anonymous@discussions....

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

Service Pack for Office 2003
Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems stable enough of course! Don't know specific fixes. Dave http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040804.htm#sp1 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Money 2003--Trial
Hi, i am very curious about that do we need to activate Money 2003 trial version. Can anybody get back to me as soon as possible. thank you very much regards -- ron I am surprised a 2003 trial version still works, as it is date restricted. If you're installing it for the first time, then you'll need to reset the clock on your PC to allow it to work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not r...

Browseable GAL in OWA 2003?
Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? Thanks in advance. http://www.messageware.com/products/pluspack2003.html "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote in message news:RdidneDYuv5do-jenZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@rogers.com... > Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? > > Thanks in advance. > > > Ok, well I sort of found a work around. After clicking the To: button to get into the GAL search, I just hit the Spacebar once in the Display Name field then click the Find button. Our entire GAL shows up in the results fie...

Exchange 2003 and 5.5 Similarities
Does anyone know of good documentation on the similarities beween Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5? An example would be: Exchange 5.5 uses one Information Store that is a single .edb file; Exchange 2003 uses multiple storage groups home to multiple databases - each is one .edb file and one ..stm file. ...

Changing password in OWA
When I get into OWA and click on Options, then change password option, I get a "Page cannot be displayed, Cannot find server. Can anyone tell me what to look for? Hi Jim, please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265847/EN-US/ -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch Bravestar2004@Arcor.de Join me in my Forum @ http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/index.php "Jim in Cleveland" <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BB870A1D-A796-4FF1-84E2-87C3D284072F@microsoft.com... > When I get into OWA and click on Options, then change ...

Filter Junk E-mail OWA option
Given an id, this code sets the 'Filter Junk E-mail' option (via OWA) on. I'd like to inspect the mailbox to see if it is already set. How do I do that? HankC strUrl = "https://webdav.university.edu/exchange/" & id & "/" Dim XmlHttp Set XmlHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") XmlHttp.Open "POST", strURL,false,strUserName,strPassword XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "Accept-Language","en-us" XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1....

OWA #85
hello, is there a way to see who's logged onto you owa? Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello, is there a way to see who's logged onto you owa? Check the "Logons" view of the database. Add the "Client Version" column to that view. OWA users show up with HTTP in that column. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melv...

implementing S/MIME control in Outlook 2003
I want to be able to drag and drop attachments using Oulook 2003 web access. When I go to help it says that I need to implement S/MIME control. I've looked all over for instructions and can't find any help. Is there anyone who knows what I'm talking about and can help? Thanks, John ...

Out of Office Assistant #29
This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. This is checked and still no Out of Office - is there another install this needs? "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019001c3db95$2eb3ef20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the > Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. > Click the Other tab, and then click ...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

SBS 2003 faxes not showing in fax console inbox
Hi all, SBS 2003 SP2 / Supramax 56k USB modem. As of 2/11/2010 no faxes show up either in the sent or inbox folders in the SBS Fax console. Client is able to send and receive hard copy faxes with no problem from their workstations (XP Pro). I have checked the permissions of the inbox folder- Administrators and Network Services have full control. I created another folder with the same permissions called(Inbox1) still no copies of received faxes Nothing in the event logs around that date indicate a fax problem of any kind. I also restarted the server but the problem still exi...

I need OWA to ask for username and password
Hi, When I go to http://myserver/exchange, it appears OWA and I can see my e-mail without asking me my user and password. But I would like OWA to ask my user name and password, how can I do this? -- Thank you, M.G. Have you already authed to the page once (ie the username and password are stored in your client). or have you used the username and password for access to the client? Try to logon using a local account to the computer and then logon to OWA. (Tips: Activate form-based logon) "M.G." wrote: > Hi, > > When I go to http://myserver/exchange, it appears...

enable OWA 2003 "filter junk e-mail" with policy?
Hi, We're using GFI Mailessentials to filter messages spam and move messages to the user's mailboxes junk mail folder. The only problem is that every individual user would have to enable this junk mail filtering in OWA - options. It would be nice to have this enabled by default, or enable this with a group policy, but I can't find anything on that ... :-( Peter My understanding is that the GFI feature to forward SPAM mail to the User Junk Mail Folder has nothing to do with Outlooks or Exchange 2003 Junk Mail Feature. We use it and have disabled the Automatic Junk Mail Fea...

Exchange 2003 #13
The domain is still in mixed-mode, does this present an issue? Thanks again. Adam If you don't have 5.5 anymore delete the CA from the ADC Snap-In. Do the same for other CAs except for the Configuration. Also delete the SRS in Exchange System Manager under Tools -> SRS (This removes the Configuration CA) Uninstall ADC or disable the service. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are su...

outlook 2003 amend display as on all contacts
I would like to change the Display As entry for All Contacts . currently it shows the name and then the email address in brackets, but would prefer it to show the Name or the File As name Is there any way I can change the lot without having to manually do that?? Sue ...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

[ANN] Office 2008 12.0.1 update
Hi All, The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx It should soon also be available through Auto-update. 114.1MB!!! The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108496 The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a network through ARD :-) ). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://...

Activating Office for Mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I'm a newbie on here and would appreciate any help offered for this infuriating problem of trying to activate my Office for Mac 2008 software. I bought a new MacBook and ordered the software from Digital River as I work for the NHS. I downloaded and installed the software no problem. When I tried to open Word or any other program, I get the activation screen. At that point it says that my product key is invalid!! I have emailed microsoft (who advised me on how to download??) countless times and spent a coup...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

ON 2010 on top of Office 2007
Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook and IE) still work? Thank you for assistance, -Bruce Bruce wrote: > Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I > only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Yes. When installing choose "customized" and deselect the rest of Office. You can leave ON2007 on the machine. Both versions can co-exist, > Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook...