OWA Password Reset function error

When a User attempt to change Domain Password via HTTPS OWA, they receive the
Internet Service Manager IIS 6.0 pop-up to enter Domain/Account/Old PW/ New
PW.  After filling out the info correctly and selecting Submit, the IIS 6.0
reply's with an Error. An Invalid Directory Pathname was Passed.

This is 2003 SBS and OWA works just fine over HTTPS. With the exception of
this PW function.

Any idea's.

Thanks,

jim
0
JimKrause (1)

I have not personally used the change password function in OWA, but I believe
the problem is related to authentication issues accessing the AD server. You
may want to try changing authentication methods in IIS.

-EricL

"Jim Krause" wrote:

> When a User attempt to change Domain Password via HTTPS OWA, they receive the
> Internet Service Manager IIS 6.0 pop-up to enter Domain/Account/Old PW/ New
> PW.  After filling out the info correctly and selecting Submit, the IIS 6.0
> reply's with an Error. An Invalid Directory Pathname was Passed.
>
> This is 2003 SBS and OWA works just fine over HTTPS. With the exception of
> this PW function.
>
> Any idea's.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jim
0
EricL (11)

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

My Password blanks out
A strange thing has just started to occur. My MS Money 2005 file is protected by a password. When i open the file i enter my email and then my password. If working offline the password is blanked out when i click sign in and the file does not open. If i work on line then MS Money tries to connect when i click sign in then blanks out the password, leaving the file unopened. Does anyone have any idea about this. Or how to open the file and then I'll remove the password? TIA GEoff In microsoft.public.money, Geoff Walker wrote: >A strange thing has just started to occur. M...

Network Password popup
I am using Outlook 2003 to manage my AOL e-mail. I can receive e-mail, and I can send e-mails to some addresses. I keep getting the Network Password popup when Outlook is sending. This is the case for some e-mail addresses, and it also happens when there is nothing in my outbox. I see the error: Task 'AOL e-Mail - sending' reported error (0x800ccc0f): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server admin or ISP. The server responed: 505 MAIL FROM sender and AUTH user name do not match. Please advise. lizv <anonymous@discu...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

Macro
Hello, I'm trying to sum certain cells in macro, however, the cell range is not fixed;(i.e cells are based on variables) Herebelow is an example of the macro but it's giving an error at the sum funtion (would appreciate if you could help me find the mistake): Sub R() Dim i As Integer, x As Integer, y As Integer, z As Integer For i = 2 To 15 y = i - z x = i - 1 Cells(i, "H").Formula = "=Sum(Cells(y, "H"), Cells(x, "H"))" z = 0 y = 0 x = 0 Next i End Sub Thank you How about: Option Explicit ...

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

Passing an argument to a function from the Switchboard
I have a series of reports that use the exact same code to generate reports from data that is stored in a secondary database. Currently, I have about 9 different sets of code that is duplicated because I cannot pass an argument from the Switchboard. My goal is to have one single function that I would pass a key work. The function would then generate the appropriate report. The switchboard manager allows you to assign code to a button but I have been unsuccessful in passing an argument to the function. I've tried doing it through macros and referencing the macro in the Switchboa...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Terminal Service Client Changing passwords
Administrators can change their password when Terminal Serviced into a Windows 2003 Server from the command line, but is there a way for users to change their passwords while Terminal Services/Remote Desktopped into a Terminal Service box? Pete The users may press Ctrl+Alt+End which will simulate a Ctrl+Alt+Del which will bring up the MS Windows Security box which has an option to change password on it. "Pete" <pete_howarth@adp.com> wrote in message news:16fc601c420cd$d16554c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Administrators can change their password when Terminal > Serviced ...

Enforce Password Policy and Expiration. When?
Hello, When should I use "Enforce Password Policy" and "Enforce Password Expiration" on a SQL Login? I know that there is another option "User must change password at next login" but this one I always leave unchecked. Thank You, Miguel ...

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...

re: slow OWA

Issue writing IF OR Error Formula Types
Having trouble putting a formala together. I have the following formula which works: Senario : $d$d = either weight or unit or unknown (of an ingredient) e8= is a quantity number ( either in grams or units, o an ingredient. eg 100 or 1) Raw data is in nutrition!$b$6:$g$70 The following formula works so far: f8 ( which is the no. o calories)=if($d$d="weight",e8/100,e8)*vlookup(c8,nutrition!$b$6:$g$70,3,false) But I also want to add to it that If e8(quantity)=0 or blank or invalid then "qty?" should appear in th f8 cell And not sure what to do to avoid an error in f8...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Forgotten Password on Excel Workbook
Hi there Can anyone help me. I have forgotten the password on a worksheet. Is there any way to open the document? thanks mary Mary Which is it? Password on File to open? http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm http://cpearson.com/excel/password.htm Password on Worksheet? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Password on Workbook? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html See links to other sites when at John McGimpsey's site. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:23:31 -0700, "mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi...

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

compiler errors using Groupwise developer kit
IHello World, I am trying to use the Groupwise Developer Kit within a VC++ application and keep getting this series of errors for one of the Groupwise include files: C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(260): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hszCommand' C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(331): error C2501: '_tagMAC_RETURNVAL::HSZ' : missing storage-class or type specifiers I don't think the include file really has anything wrong with it, so I must be ...

AVERAGEIF Function out there?
Is anybody out there aware of an "AVERAGEIF" function ?. I'm new to programming and have failed miserably trying to write it. Any help would be great. No need to write a function, you can use a combination of average and if as an example =AVERAGE(IF(Range=criteria,Range)) entered with ctrl + shift & enter Regards, Peo Sjoblom "davidad" wrote: > Is anybody out there aware of an "AVERAGEIF" function ?. > I'm new to programming and have failed miserably trying to > write it. Any help would be great. > davidad wrote: > Is any...

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

number error showing in total column in print preview.
I am trying to print a form, but in print preview the total column is showing a number error. I have expanded the column and it is still showing number error. Please advise on how this error could be solved. ...