OWA on separate server

I'm trying to find out if I can install OWA on a separate web server that is
not running Exchange 2000 or 2003, like you could on 5.5. Is this possible,
or do I need to install a second E2K3 server and designate it as a front-end
server? If that is the case, will I need a second Exchange Server license?

0
ksteele (25)

No, unlike 5.5 this is not possible with 200x. You need to install Exchange.
Good news is w/2003 you can use Std Edition as front-ends.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"K Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find out if I can install OWA on a separate web server that
> is not running Exchange 2000 or 2003, like you could on 5.5. Is this
> possible, or do I need to install a second E2K3 server and designate it as
> a front-end server? If that is the case, will I need a second Exchange
> Server license?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
10/20/2005 4:25:04 PM
Hi,

And in addition to the other answer you also need an additional Exchange
server license.

Leif

"K Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'm trying to find out if I can install OWA on a separate web server that
is
> not running Exchange 2000 or 2003, like you could on 5.5. Is this
possible,
> or do I need to install a second E2K3 server and designate it as a
front-end
> server? If that is the case, will I need a second Exchange Server license?

Excel Not Opening using OWA

URGENT
I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM copied from my Exchange 2003 server. Is this possible using Exmerge on aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed? Are there any other tools to achieve this? Thanks Hi Ron. Exmerge will only extract emails from a database when it is connected to Excahnge and it is attached to a user. you could try creating a recovery server to extract this info. "Ron Mann" <mann_ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23IlM6gsZHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to extract mailboxes to ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

I can't send any mail from my exchange server to my pop3 server.
I just recently setup a pop3 server for a few people here at work. Whenever any on the exchange server tries to send to the pop3 server they get a delivery failure stating the host is unknown. I can send and recieve e-mail inside the pop3 server but anytime someone with an exchange address tries to send to the pop3 server it gives them an error. Any help would be great. I am using Exchange 5.5. You'll need to provide more info. Start with checking name resolution is working correctly. Nue "tding" <tdingledine@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150976903.911750.11836...

Combine data from multiple rows onto one row in separate columns
My table looks like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 0.1 0.2 0000001 2.5 0000001 0.5 0000002 0.2 0.2 0000002 3.1 0000003 0.1 0.2 I receive data at different points in time and it thus I end up with multiple sample_#'s and various data columns filled in. I would like to combine all the data for each sample into one row. I would like it to look like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 ...

separate columns (three letter code)
Hi, does someone know how to separate text from one column into two columns? I have columns like [dog, KKL] [horse, PPN] Everytime, three capitals in the end (which is a code). Is it possible to separate that, and put it in another column? Thanks in advance. --Select the range/column needs to be changed. --From menu Data>Text to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard' --By default the selection is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'. --From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select comma and hit Next. H...

Is it possible to opt out of the SMTP virtual server for some users but not others?
I have received this email from one of the developers in our organisation: "We are currently developing the new website on the Content Management Server. We are at the stage where it would be useful to enable the sending of email generated from the server. We would prefer not to use the Virtual SMTP on the server as this will have issues for us in terms of delivery going forward. This being the case, I was hoping it would be possible to allow mail relay on the exchange server for our development server (the Content Management Server). Please let me know if this is possible." We h...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

I'm having problems printing color separations
Help!! I have been having trouble for 2-days now attempting to print color separations in Publisher 2003. I have installed generic print driver and have tried everything I know. My current printer is a Compaq IJ600 and supports PCL3. On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:31:01 -0700, Steven Ferguson <Steven Ferguson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Help!! I have been having trouble for 2-days now attempting to print color separations in Publisher 2003. I have installed generic print driver and have tried everything I know. My current printer is a Compaq IJ600 and supports PCL3. Sounds like anoth...

Installing Dynamics GP 9 on Windows XP + SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hi, I installed Dynamics GP 9.0 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005 Standard without problems during installation. But, when I open GP Utilities the "Server" field is blank and the combo box listing there are no servers to choose from. Or, in the other words, GP Utilities doesn´t show any server. Or again, seems that GP Utilities doesn´t care about the database... And I can´t go ahead. I´d be very glad for any help. Thanks. Marcos, You need to create an ODBC data source so that Utilities knows what server to point to - take a look at page 29 of the GP 9...

Why does OWA...

Help. rpc... restart server
Event ID; 2114 Process EMSMTA.EXE (PID=2800). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. Process MAD.EXE (PID=1904). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: Serverdec01.domain.com Serverdc02.domain.com I have possessions in my exchange 2003, he has moments that the service of the exchange 2003 for and only turn to work when I restart the server. And it has been happening problems of RPC as I do to solve this. -- Rubens Zolotujin rubens.zolotujin@ucb.org.br ...

Connecting Exchange Server to a POP3 Server
I need to download email from our company's ISP that runs a POP3 server. We have an Exchange Server running that we're trying to download the email to. We're currently running PopCon but I was wondering if microsoft has a support for this. There is a free program supplied by microsoft but it only works on Small Business Server. Any help would be appreciated. As you stated, SBS Product is the only product with Exchange that includes a POP Downloader. You will have to purchase third party Pop Downloader for any other versions of Exchange. I would strongly suggest hosting you...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Cannot Retreive Emails from a POP3 Mail Server
Hi, I am trying to add an POP3 account on my Outlook XP however when i tried to retreive emails using the POP3 Account it keep prompting mi for the UserName & Password. I notice that there is a error msg " Log onto incoming mail server (POP3):Unable to logon to the incoming mail server (POP3). Please verify the settings in the User Name, Password and Email fields." However i can access emails thru' the web based. I try to add the similar POP account to another PC that can access POP3, but the same error msg appeared. Another Funny thing is that, those who could acc...

Windows Server 2003 running Exchange in NT Domain
Is it possible to run a Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory in a Windows NT domain? We have the Windows Server 2003 in the domain but Active Diorectory is not installed. We do need to install Active Directory in order to Run Exchange 2003, correct? Thanks, Ryan Hi, Yes. You have to have an Active Directory forest/domain in order to install and run Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003. Exchange 5.5 has it's own directory but Exchange 200x does not, it instead relies totally on AD for directory services. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please d...

How do I setup a Crystal Reports server to host CRM 1.2 Reports?
Hi there, I recently upgraded from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. As a result I can no longer run all of our custom crystal reports from the 1.2 installation. Can anyone tell me or point me to a document on the web which instructs on setting up a Crystal Reports server to host the CRM 1.2 reports? My company has a registered copy of Crystal 9 Developer edition & reports server. I don't know much about Crystal and at the moment we don't have time to convert these reports to SQL-RS. Thank you. You could also try http://rpttosql.com/faq.htm which is an email-based service to convert cry...

leave message on server
Comcast has requested I leave a message on the server to help solve a junk email problem. They do not support outlook and couldn't tell me how to do this with Outlook version 9.0.2416 Brad Nelson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Comcast has requested I leave a message on the server to > help solve a junk email problem. They do not support > outlook and couldn't tell me how to do this with Outlook > version 9.0.2416 With Outlook, there's no way to selectively leave messages on the server. They will all download and be deleted from the server or ...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...