OWA not displaying mailboxes

Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
but that didn't help.
Thanks
Olivier

0
Rako (1)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O
Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
>with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
>exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
>no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
>Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
>but that didn't help.
>Thanks
>Olivier

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910119
"Users receive a "Loading" message when they use OWA to access their
mailbox after they apply a hotfix or a service pack to Exchange Server
2003"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823
"Troubleshooting OWA when the contents frame displays �Loading�"
0
adavid (8731)
12/30/2005 3:49:01 PM
Hi,
I only have one exchange server left so I think it's not a fron end or back
end server issue.
What is weird is even if I type http://Ds1/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp, I
still cannot load any picture?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

"Andy David - [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O
> Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
> >with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
> >exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
> >no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
> >Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
> >but that didn't help.
> >Thanks
> >Olivier
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=910119
> "Users receive a "Loading" message when they use OWA to access their
> mailbox after they apply a hotfix or a service pack to Exchange Server
> 2003"
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823
> "Troubleshooting OWA when the contents frame displays “Loading”"

0
ORako (3)
12/30/2005 4:38:03 PM
Hi,
Finally, it's working.
It's an IIS issue. I cannot tell exactly what was wrong but I removed IIS
and reinstalled it and everything is working fine.
Thanks Andy

"O Rako" wrote:

> Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
> with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
> exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
> no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
> Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
> but that didn't help.
> Thanks
> Olivier

0
ORako (3)
12/30/2005 6:15:02 PM
Hi O Rako,

Just for the qeustions did you install Certificate and after that remove it
from the IIS? Thanks.

Eli SHlom
Exchange Group
Eli_Shl@Bezeqint.net

"O Rako" wrote:

> Hi,
> Finally, it's working.
> It's an IIS issue. I cannot tell exactly what was wrong but I removed IIS
> and reinstalled it and everything is working fine.
> Thanks Andy
>
> "O Rako" wrote:
>
> > Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
> > with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
> > exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
> > no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
> > Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
> > but that didn't help.
> > Thanks
> > Olivier

0
EliShlomo (7)
12/30/2005 7:50:02 PM
No I didn't. My page load fine but without pictures or mailboxes.
It's something with IIS but I didn't find any error so I reset it.

"Eli Shlomo" wrote:

> Hi O Rako,
>
> Just for the qeustions did you install Certificate and after that remove it
> from the IIS? Thanks.
>
> Eli SHlom
> Exchange Group
> Eli_Shl@Bezeqint.net
>
> "O Rako" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Finally, it's working.
> > It's an IIS issue. I cannot tell exactly what was wrong but I removed IIS
> > and reinstalled it and everything is working fine.
> > Thanks Andy
> >
> > "O Rako" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003
> > > with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete
> > > exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA
> > > no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and
> > > Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2
> > > but that didn't help.
> > > Thanks
> > > Olivier

0
ORako (3)
12/30/2005 7:56:02 PM
O Rako

Hi Im having the same problem, can you let me know exactly what you did to
resolve this.
--
thanks Jen

"O Rako" wrote:

> No I didn't. My page load fine but without pictures or mailboxes.
> It's something with IIS but I didn't find any error so I reset it.
>
> "Eli Shlomo" wrote:
>
> > Hi O Rako,
> >
> > Just for the qeustions did you install Certificate and after that remove it
> > from the IIS? Thanks.
> >
> > Eli SHlom
> > Exchange Group
> > Eli_Shl@Bezeqint.net
> >
> > "O Rako" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Finally, it's working.
> > > It's an IIS issue. I cannot tell exactly what was wrong but I removed IIS
> > > and reinstalled it and everything is working fine.
> > > Thanks Andy

0
Jen (116)

How to automatically display the "To" portion: Outlook 2007
Coming to scheduling meetings in Outlook 2007, When I click on "New" from the Calendar, the "Untitled - Appointment" window opens up with the fields "Subject" and "Location" displayed. To invite attendees, one needs to click on the "Invite Attendees" button on the menu, and then the "To" field appears. My question is - is there a default option where the "To" field is always displayed. I find it strange that as most meetings would be between atleast 2 people the "To" field should be displayed by defaul...

Exchange 2003 SP1 broke OWA
I had some issues with install. Errors when updating SMTP service. However, install went throug and after install many icons are broken with OWA. Chip Chip - If there were problems with the install, the first thing I'd recommend is to reboot the server and try to run the Update again to see if it goes through without issue the second time around. -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes o...

OWA front page
HI There, I've noticed on my OWA login page that it goes straight to a windows username and password login box and not to the OWA page with the blue background. How do you make the front page for OWA go to this page isntead of just a username and password box? Hope this make sense. and thanks in advance. will Enable forms based authentication mate http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm Oliver "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88AD4DEA-E21D-48A5-9399-EBFBE05E0D48@microsoft.c...

Windows XP reverts from the classic windows display mode.
I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue style. I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button selection option but it refuses to go back! Please help, Frank In article <O6255dyjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, fm@general.com.au says... > > I prefer the old WindowsXP display, but just now it has > changed spontaneously to the technicoloured garish blue > style. > > I have tried the Start Button properties radio-button > selection option but it refuses to go...

Displaying Formulas #2
I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. On all three worksheets, when any formula is entered, the result is the formula. For example, in cell A1 I enter "=B1", the result should be the contents of B1. But what is displayed is "=B1". If I add a 4th sheet and enter the above formula, it works correctly. It is just something in the spreadsheet info that is preventing the formula from working correctly. Hi John the cell is porbably formated as text. Goto 'Format - cell' and change the format to 'General'. Reenter your formula and it should work Frank J...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

Complaining abou the display name
Our organization is Exchange 2003/Windows 2003. Our users (bless their hearts) wanted the GAL to be displayed in Last Name, First Name format. Okay - no problem. I performed the steps in this article and the GAL shows up as they requested: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250455/en-us Now when email comes in to them, the sender displays as "Last Name, First Name" (imagine that), and they aren't happy about it. They want the GAL to display "Last Name, First Name" and the incoming messages to show up as "First Name Last Name". Is this even remotely poss...

Displaying a TOTAL (using a data label) on a Stacked Bar Graph
Please forgive me if this problem has already been solved. I need to display a data label at the end of a stacked bar that represents the Total of the individual components of the stacked bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob - You could add one more series, call it Totals or anything, but plot all zeroes. Put the totals into another range in the sheet. Then use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com) to apply the total values in the worksheet range to the Totals series. The series won't show...

How to manually delete mailboxes
How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. I also would like to remove these people from the Global address book. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:14:03 -0700, gtucker <gtucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete >some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. >I also would like to remove these people from the Global addr...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

OWA question about URLs in email messages
We are new to OWA and I have noticed an issue with links (URLs) contained within email messages. If I click on a URL contained in a message, the login pops up - as though I had logged off. If I try to open the link in a new window, the same thing happens. If I open another browser window before I login to OWA, I can copy and paste the link successfully. My sense is that I have probably missed something along the way in my IIS configuration or this issue is caused by the secure connection I am using to access OWA. Our users are mere mortals, though and are likely to be perplexed by this... W20...

CWnd::OnHScroll and display corruption
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :) I'm sure the fix might be quite simple; I'm relatively new to MFC I have client window with a horizontal scrollbar created with the Cwnd::SetScrollinfo method. However, as I scroll the text within the window becomes garbled/corrupted, with horizontal lines all over the place. I tried calling the CWnd::UpdateWindow() method directly after the CWnd::ScrollWindow command, yet to no avail. I'm sure it has something to do with the client window being "redrawn" properly in relation to the scrolling. Anyone? Sounds like someth...

MailBoxes Quota Setting
Hi All, Sorry to bother u, I have a question about the MailBoxes Quota Setting on Exchange Server 2003 For decreasing the administrative time, is that possible to set the mailboxes quota limitation as quick as possible Something like to set several different size by Group?, or by some of the AD Properties Except: 1. by Storage(Exchange Server, 4 mail groups is the limitation for one Exchange Server. 2. by User (AD, set one by one in the company, which has hundreds user @.@) best regards Stanley Chen System Support Engineer ps. Third party Tool is available if it's worth to pay. thanks a...

Formula result not displaying after editing VLOOKUP syntax

User with Exchange Admin role CANNOT move mailbox
One of my users has the Exchange Administrator role in System Manager AND I have verifed that she has modify access to the file 'mapisvc.ini' on the computer she runs ADUC (per KB 616792) but she is still unable to move a mailbox from one Exchange 2000 server to another. She receives the following error: Error: Connecting to source server. CN=Mouse\, Jane,OU=xxxx,OU=xxxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 Thanks, Megan Take a look at these articles and ...

Anonymous Logon in mailbox permission
Hi, I realise that there all my users mailbox rights have anonymous logon group as read permissions allow and also the mailbox store have anonymous logon group as "create named properties in the infomation store" as allow too. Why is that so? Is this rights necessary? Is there any effect if i remove them? Thanks. ...

if possible to have two certificates for OWA SSL on the backend server?
Hi...I have enable the SSL in the Exchange server (Backend) for OWA with a netbios name certificate. Since we are opening to the outiside world, we need to have another SSL certificate for OWA as the format of owa.ourdomain.com. I am wondering if I could enable to two certificates together for SSL on the Exchange server so that I could avoid the service interruption. Any recommendation? Thanks, Fshguo. On 12 Dec 2005 10:23:21 -0800, "fshguo" <fshguo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi...I have enable the SSL in the Exchange server (Backend) for OWA >with a netbios name certific...

MS Project Group By Display
Using MS Project 2007 - When I print preview or print my schedule that is using the group by option, the horizontal color bars appear, but the vertical color bars do not. The schedule looks fine on the screen prior to print preview or printing. The schedule prints fine in MS Project 2003, just not in 2007. Doesn't matter if I PDF the file, preview it or dump it to a printer, the vertical group by color lines are absent. Hi Chris, Yes, you are correct. This printing error has been around for quite some time and has been reported as a bug. I hope this helps. Let us ...

OWA custom theme: frameborder color
Hi all, Am currently creating a custom OWA color scheme (initially based on the default blue, though i realise this isn't a good long term plan). Everything is going well, *except* for the blue frameborder separating the folderlist from the main content. I've managed to grab a copy of the page defining the frameset (see below), but it appears to be based on some sort of template, and a can't find either the template, or where it grabs the frameborder colour from. Any help, suggestions or clarification would be dearly appreciated! Mike ===== begin frameset code <!--Copyrig...

Appointments in OWA off by one hour
Hi, We are running Exchange 5.5 as our corporate mailserver with OWA for some of the sales persons. I recently installed Outlook 2003 on two new computers. After a few weeks one of the persons using Outlook 2003 conplained that the appointments he booked through OWA showed up an hour later when he came in to the office and opened Outlook. I checked, and he was right. If I create an appointment starting at 13.00 and ending at 14.00 through OWA, it shows up as starting at 14.00 and ending at 15.00 in Outlook. If I log back into OWA, the appointment is still showing 13.00-14.00. This only seem...

OWA Address Book #3
Another issue is that when sending an Email, in Outlook, the address book will display all recipients. In OWA, it doesn't display the list anymore. So, any suggestions how to make it display the list instead of searching? thanks. -- Curiosity On Sun, 14 May 2006 07:15:01 -0700, curiosity <curiosity@yahoo.com> wrote: >Another issue is that when sending an Email, in Outlook, the address book >will display all recipients. In OWA, it doesn't display the list anymore. So, >any suggestions how to make it display the list instead of searching? thanks. OWA doesn't do...

How to display email address instead of AD name
We have several employees who are set up with multiple email addresses. We also have multiple employees with access to a "common" customer service account which is set up with dozens of email addresses. How can I set up our Exchange 2003 server to list the actual address the email was sent to instead of using the Active Directory name for the employee in the email's "to" field? We are currently on the latest revs for Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003 (32-bit). I know it is possible because this feature was working for us prior to moving the Exha...

Help!! OWA issue
Most of my remote users are getting a very small text box screen when they need to write a message. They can not expand it to make it bigger. The message box size is 2X4. I checked all options and there is no option to expand this box. What is perplexing is that the computers in the office are not having this problem, only most of the remote ones. Also, the icons are smaller and it looks a little different. Sort of looks like OMA on the remote computers, however OMA is not enabled. Could it be that it is set to high compression on my end? Also, I already verified the same b...

incorrect email address displayed
In Outlook 2oo2, when I type a name in an email address, incorrect email addresses are displayed. These are email addresses I have deleted and/or changed in my Contacts. I have disables all Contact folders, removed all Outlook Address Books & Personal Address Books, closed & opened Outlook - the problem remains. What should I do next? You should remove the entries from the place they are stored, which has nothing to do with your Contacts. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow...