OWA & Multiple mail addresses

Hey there,

we're having a small (well actually pretty big to the users) issue. As we
all know you can asign aliases to a mailbox. The big problem with exchange
is you can not easily send mail using one of the aliases (or I've been
overlooking some things for a long long time).

Now in outlook we usually solve this by adding fake POP accounts, and then
disable the send/recieve for them (there's also an article on this on
slipstick.com). We enter an incorrect POP server with a correct SMTP server
(usually the exchange server). This will allow you to select the account
under which you send the mail out, and with that the email address being
used.

Does anyone know of a way of achieving this in OWA?

Kind regards & TIA

Remove forwarding indications of a mail?
Is there a possibility to remove the indications that a mail has been forwarded, or replied to, in Outlook? I think about the arrow in the icon in front of the mail and the message in the header of the mail itself that sais that you forwarded or replied to the mail. Gandalf I have always found this to be a nice feature. Why does this pose a problem? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Gandalf" <wizardgandalf@geenrotzooioppandora.be> wrote in message news:e3q8uv4tnf4h4fbudhthh56uluaekff11c@4ax.com... Is there a possibility to remove the indications that a mail has been forwa...

Avoid users using OWA Backend?
Is there a way to block users from going to the back end server directly for Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003, or automatically redirect them to the front end server? We have some creative users.... Can you explain in more detail what you mean or what problem it is causing to have users go directly to the BE? You do realize that a FE server simply proxies the request to the BE, right? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Bill Oliman" <boliman@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:uVN453HPFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to block users fro...

Printing multiple worksheets as a single printjob
When printing multiple worksheets I have not been able to do it in a single print job. In this particular situation, it breaks it down in 3 printjobs, and that gets in the way, because I am printing to a PDF generator, and I would like to see 1 file as the outcome of the task. Any ideas ??? Andre You can select multiple worksheets by selecting the first sheet and holding the shift key and selecting the last sheet. If you need non-contiguous sheets then hold the control key and select the sheets you need However, if you have a header or footer with page numbers in it this will mess up the n...

Mail missing in Control Panel
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007. I am now getting my mail through Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook Express 6. I want to create an e-mail profile for my wife. Help states that once Outlook has been loaded and used, a Mail icon will appear in the Control Panel, and that is where I need to go to see profiles and create a new POP3 account. Mail is not in my Control Panel (Win XP Home). Do you know what am doing wrong, or have not done correctly? Thanks for your assistance. -- Froghair in Jax If you're using the Category View for the Control Panel, the Mail applet is under t...

Protecting Multiple Worksheets
Is there a way to protect more than one worksheet at a time? Dave I think you need only protect the worksheets you want protected: select menu\tools\protection\protect worksheet for each worksheet. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to protect more than one worksheet at a >time? > >Dave >. > This macro will protect all the sheets that are selected: Public Sub ProtectSelectedSheets Const PWORD As String = "drowssap" Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.Protect Passwor...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

Sorting exchange mail based on to:
Hey there, we're trying to sort e-mail based on the to: address. This is an exchange mailbox on which the user has several SMTP addresses. There's an option (freely translated from dos) to filter on text in the addressees address. So say the customer has info@domain.tld we tried filtering on "info" or "info@domain.tld" but nothing happens. Viewing the message properties (headers) it's clearly visible the message is addressed "To: info@domain.tld". Anyway to sort this? It concerns Outlook 2003/SP3 Exchange 2003/SP2 btw. TIA ...

Multiple quotes for same job number using option buttons
Please forgive the repost - I've added additonal information and the original seems to have been forgotten. I don't think the subject was clear anyway. I have a main quote form with subforms for labor, parts and misc parts all tied to a job number with several calculations on the main form from each of the subforms. This works great as it is. Now users tell me they need to have ability to create optional quotes for same job number. Is it possible to have an option group on the form so that the first main default quote would be option 1 and then if user needs to create an...

Importing Addresses/Contacts from Outlook 2000 to 2002
ok...I have a new laptop running Windows XP, and Office 2002, including Outlook 2002. My old laptop is running Windows 2000. I have reinstalled Windows 2000 several times on many machines, and each time all I have had to do was replace outlook.pst on the new install with my back- up'd version, and everything worked fine. Now on my XP machine, I did the same thing (overwrote the existing-new outlook.pst) by putting my old outlook.pst file from Windows 2000 into the proper location on my new (XP) laptop. EVERYTHING worked perfect (old email is all there, Contacts show up, folders...

E-mail GUID
hi, we have a problem with CRM E-mail GUID...We can create new e-mails from CRM Sales for Outlook but there is no GUID in the subject of emails...so we can't receive email replies from customers(because there is no GUID).... Is there any idea why mails doesn't have GUID's ? thanks tolga Did you properly install the CRM Exchange Router on the Exchange Server according to the steps in the IG? -Gary "Tolga" <tetci@pyazilim.com> wrote in message news:%23HP1uNfAFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > we have a problem with CRM E-mail GUID...We can create new ...

Exchange 2007: Can send/receive mail from OWA but not Outlook 2003
Here is a strange thing about Exchange 2007. A user can't send/receive email from Outlook 2003 but can send/receive from OWA. Can't figure out what's going on . The Outlook 2003 is running in Cached mode. The mail worked fine with Outlook for a couple of days after creating the mailbox and then it stopped. Hi, 1. Does Outlook say it is working online? 2. What does connection status say? 3. Does it work if you remove cached exchange mode? 4. How about on another pc, does Outlook work? Oliver Is the Exchange Transport service running? -- Jim McBee Exchange 2007 Road Show...

Outlook Express can't receive mail
Im having a problem receiving mail, but i can send emails no problem. All information in "accounts" in the "Tool Bar" have not been altered or used by anyone else. This is the message that comes up when i attempt to receive emails. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.boredombusters.com.au', Server: 'mail.boredombusters.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I would really be very thankful for any help offered -- jam21 Are you running Vista? jamila xyz wr...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

Virtual Organization
Hi, Our exchange 2003 server is available for some of our customers. I'm trying to hide the default GAL for everyone and create seperate GAL's for each group of users. That's no problem, works just fine...but..... When I want to remove each user from the domain users group the newly created GAL's won't work anymore. They won't even work when I set the users primary group membership to another group than domain user. The default GAL on the other hand is working at all times. (I test all this with the filter rules of course.) Can anyone help me out on this one? Cheers...

Displayed email addresses
The way that Outlook handles contacts and email addresses, to me, is confusing at best. That aside, when I enter in a new contact and I'm asked how it's to be displayed, in Outlook 2003 that we use at work I'd get this: Email address: Joe Bloggs@yahoo.com Display as: Joe Bloggs (Joe Bloggs@yahoo.com) At least I think that is how it's displayed. The brackets may be around the name itself, not the address However, i'm using Outlook 2010 at home. I don't get this. It is merely presented the same as the email address. I shouldn't have to do this manually, not on a p...

Outlook 2000 no left margin in e-mail
Using Outlook 2000, running WindowsXP. When typing an email (and viewing the screen) there is no margin on the left side of the page. How do I set a margin? Thank you. mac1 <mac1@nospam.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2000, running WindowsXP. When typing an email (and > viewing the screen) there is no margin on the left side of the page. > How do I set a margin? Are you using the Outlook editor or Word as your editor? Are you composing with a format or in Plain Text? -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ODiT%2...

Empty Manager and Direct Reports fields in Outlook 2003 Address book
Hi all, I've setup Active Directory as an Outlook Address book for my company via LDAP. I set the manager field for each user in the Active Directory, but it shows a empty field instead of showing the manager name on the Outlook Address Book. Any idea on how to fix this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2 + Windows Server 2003 SP2. Thanks in advance Jonathan. On Jun 28, 3:57 pm, jonat...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I've setup Active Directory as an Outlook Address book for my company > via LDAP. I set the manager field for each user in the Active > Directory, but it ...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...

Mail Loops
Is there anyway on exch 5.5 to limit the number of times a mail is resent ie when the user sets up a forwarding rule to a home account and screws up the address a mail loop is formed. I would like to set the number of retries to say 6. Help please tia No. Rules are set to fire when the e-mail is received. Only OOF is set to fire only once per recipient. As far as the rule is concerned, each message is separate and must be forwarded on to the home account. Do yourself a favor and disable forwarding to the internet. Give them another option to get e-mails while they are home. If you need ...

Blocked addresses goto to junk e-mail
Hello, I'd like my suspected junk e-mail to go to my junk e-mail folder but I'd like the ones I've marked as junk -to actually be deleted so I don't ever see them in my junk e-mail folder. Is there a way to make this automatic? Frankly I'd like it to track down the owners of the spam find there personal addresses and sign them up for every junk e-mail listing possible but I'd be thrilled if I could just get my blocked e-mail addresses to not allow those addresses to send me e-mail or make them automatically delete as opposed to goto my junk e-mail folder. Than...

Mail Merge from attachment
I get mailing labels from trusted senders in .csv and .xls format as attachments in my e-mail. I would like to have Outlook do a mail merge with the attachment when it comes in, and print the results. Is this possible? Matthew you would need to use vba or exlife (www.ornic.com). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as...

IMC mail slow to different site
Internal and external mail is flowing find, but emails to our Los Angeles office is very slow. I had just installed these four hotfixes MS04-011 KB83573 MS04-012 KB82874 MS04-013 KB83700 MS04-014 KB83700 So I've uninstalled them, but my emails to LA is still slow My exchange server is 5. Could use some help Slow in what way? What about small messages? Bill Mah wrote: > Internal and external mail is flowing find, but emails to our Los > Angeles office is very slow. I had just installed these four > hotfixes: > > MS04-011 KB835732 MS04-012 KB828741...

YIKES! Internet mail not getting off Exchange -- not in queues?
Setup: one exchange 5.5 server, running IMS for now, trying to get it out of the site one exchange 2003 Doing checklist of things to remove 5.5 server, found "Change Routing Calculation Server", which i did to 2003 server. Now no email is leaving the Exchange site, as far as i can tell, but i can't find it in any queues either. So, i changed the routing calculation server back to the exchange 5.5 machine, but still no mail is leaving. Where is the outbound internet mail going? How can i make it deliver again! THANKS for any help Lynne Seamnas Millersville University Hi...

(0x800C0155,2) windows mail won't open
After an auto-install of Vista SP2, mail won't open. Only Vista installed on this pc, no anti-virus or other apps. Says can't open message store; program being used by another program... I have another PC on this network where I use the same name but worked before, only variable is SP2. Thank you for your time. I don't have any good suggestions on how to repair your Windows Mail, but upgrading to Windows Live Mail would be one solution. http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.asp...