OWA logoff problem - asking for authentication

I have a strange problem that seems to come and go, and sometimes it gets
fixed by just rebooting the FE or BE server...

When people are in OWA (via the FE server) sometimes when they logoff, the
authentication popup box comes up and it won't let them logoff, even if they
actually type in their credentials.
If they go to OWA directly to the BE server (which they can't do unless they
are at work) logoff works just fine, without asking them to authenticate.

What is this about? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere? Or some kind of
bug?

Anyone else heard of this?

TIA!!

 / Per

0
poh1 (89)

Try here:

Cannot log off Exchange 2000 front-end server while you are using OWA
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325906

James Chong
MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Per Hagstrom wrote:
> I have a strange problem that seems to come and go, and sometimes it gets
> fixed by just rebooting the FE or BE server...
>
> When people are in OWA (via the FE server) sometimes when they logoff, the
> authentication popup box comes up and it won't let them logoff, even if they
> actually type in their credentials.
> If they go to OWA directly to the BE server (which they can't do unless they
> are at work) logoff works just fine, without asking them to authenticate.
>
> What is this about? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere? Or some kind of
> bug?
>
> Anyone else heard of this?
>
> TIA!!
>
>  / Per

0
jamestechman (1266)
8/24/2006 8:32:29 PM
James,

I was just going to reply no, that's not the problem. I don't have a check
box to use Integrated Windows Authentication...
But I was missing the domain name, and that actually fixed it!! :)

Many thanks!! :)

 / Per

<jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try here:
>
> Cannot log off Exchange 2000 front-end server while you are using OWA
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325906
>
> James Chong
> MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>
> Per Hagstrom wrote:
>> I have a strange problem that seems to come and go, and sometimes it gets
>> fixed by just rebooting the FE or BE server...
>>
>> When people are in OWA (via the FE server) sometimes when they logoff,
>> the
>> authentication popup box comes up and it won't let them logoff, even if
>> they
>> actually type in their credentials.
>> If they go to OWA directly to the BE server (which they can't do unless
>> they
>> are at work) logoff works just fine, without asking them to authenticate.
>>
>> What is this about? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere? Or some kind
>> of
>> bug?
>>
>> Anyone else heard of this?
>>
>> TIA!!
>>
>>  / Per

0
poh1 (89)

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problem With Comments
I am creating a large spreadsheet by hand with about 1000 rows by 30 columns. About half of the cells need comments, but after I use a few hundred comments they start to reassign to different cells. Example, I make a comment on cell A1, and then create a comment much later on cell C453, cell A1's comment box moves from being adjacent to cell A1 to being adjacent to cell C453 and has the comment I want for cell C453, but the comment points to cell A1! It appears that Excel X has some kind of limit on the number of comments on a spreadsheet. Is there any way to get around this? ...

CListView Problem
Hello Friends, I am having problem in displaying different sizes of images and underneath them I having some text to display. My Main issue is that whenever the row is not having sufficient height then the text is being displayed as three dots (...) and whenever I select the image then It is displaying me the full text and when deselected then again three dots. I want to remove these three dots at the run time depending upon the height required by the text to be displayed. Please help. Thanks in advance. Look into owner drawn flag. That will let you override the default drawing, ...

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Quick Print Problem
On all my machines when I select the "Keep Current Document Displayed" option and do the CTR Q sequence the program goes un responsive. If I unselect that option everything seems to work. Is anyone else experiancing this? Running GP10 SP4 ------=_NextPart_0001_9A9CAD77 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It works for me. Same as when I originally developed the code as part of Named Printers. :-) Do you have any customisations active of the Sales Transaction Entry window? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Micro...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Outlook XP
When clicking on the "Send" button in Outlook XP to send a message - the message just stays on the screen and doesn't get sent. Receiving mail works fine as does forwarding and replying. I only have a problem with new e-mail messages.the e-mail client uses an SMTP server on a network to send - All messages stay in the outbox and the account settings appear to be OK. However when the Send button is selected they do not get sent and stay in the outbox and no error message appears. Any help on this would be gratefully received Michael Hewson MCP Have similar problem, but my pr...

re: slow OWA

Microsoft Office: Word 2003 memory and encountering problems
I am using a third party application that uses xml and vba to repurpose documents. The issue I am having is that I get variable results each time I run a repurpose the very same document, and Word usually just hangs or provides an insufficent memory message or microsoft encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes the repurpose is successful. I'm looking everywhere to seek out a solution. I have Word SP1 and have a larger Word memory, I have more than enough RAM. I am on a stand alone computer, in a networked business environment, and the application runs fro...

Access security problem
I have access file not open because of security . i have the access file and the MDW file too so i want to know how to open this file and see the tables and the data The easiest way is to set up a shortcut to open the .mdb file using the .mdw file. The Target entry in the shortcut needs to be of this form: "FullPathFileNameToAccess.exe" "FullPathFileNameToYourDatabase" /WRKGRP "FullPathFileNameToYourSecurity.mdw" Here's a real example of mine: "C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice2003\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\Documents and Settings...

Timeline Problem
Hi All, I am trying to create a time-line graph by usineg a stacked bar chart. I am having problems setting the min and maximum for the X axis (date). Whatever values I put in for the min and max values seem to reset to 0 and 100,000 - is there a resoon for this? How do I set my min and max as 1/1/04 and 15/6/05 respectively? I have tried putting the date and the numerical date in but this doesn't seem to work. Regards Andi When you refer to the X axis are you refering to the vertical or horizontal axis? Excel treats the Horizontal axis of a Bar chart as the X axis for some app...

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Category Problems....HELP!
I currently have Money 2006 Small Business. I started using Money years ago with earlier versions. The category list I use has evolved from the previous versions, and there appear to be many of the "standard" categories I don't use, and want to delete them (There are no transactions tied to them.) I've tried deleting these many, many times, but they reappear within a few minutes. I tried the "move" function, moving to a similar category that is being used (e.g moved "Medical-Dental" to "Medical/Dental") but the category reappears after a few ...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

Why does OWA...

Problem in user created edit box...
Hai all, I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit).. I have some problems in it... as follows 1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible 2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing.. 3. How to clear the buffer in edit box Can anyone provide me the solution... Thanx in advance... Looking forward for the reply... Regards, Rajkumar I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ... "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote ...

Problem Selecting objects into device contexts
Hello I have some code that fails to create device contexts after some use. I ran my program through the Compuware BoundsChecker product and it displays an error on the line of code that restores the default object ( a bitmap) to the device context. I do this at several points in the code; and receive this error when the restoring the default object, although not right away; the code runs OK for awhile. The error says: This resource is currently selected into HDC(0x8B10344B) and may only be selected into one device context at a time. I also receive an error calling DeleteDC; the error s...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

chart view problem
In my portfolio manager all my charts are coming up blank with the little red X in the top LH corner? ...