OWA Login requires FQDN\User Name when logging in

Ok, I have found this article before but now I cannot relocate.

After installing Exchange Sp1, OWA requires FQDN\User Name
login, and I want it back the way it was before.

MS did come out with fix for this, anyone have the kb#?

Thanks in advance!

0
Tom

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Changing Order and Quote names
I know you all have answered this before but I can't find it now. Is it possible to rename the entities Order and Quote to something different? If there is a way to do this change, is it supported? Is there an unsupported way to do this? Changing these names to match our company lingo would make implementing this much smoother. Thanks for your assistance. Jared Frank Affinigent, Inc. Jared While it may be possible you would have to alter the underlying code to do it meaning microsoft would not support you. Also the words would have to be changed in many different places. I would ...

User ID
I'm instaled the Dynamics GP10. When i open it return a screen with questions: Server : Dynamics GP User ID: Password: I'm not receive this information. Vivanco, If this is your first time installing GP, you will need to enter SQL Server sa's user ID and the corresponding password. Before this, you will need to create an ODBC connection to your database. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Vivanco" wrote: > I'...

Is it possible to opt out of the SMTP virtual server for some users but not others?
I have received this email from one of the developers in our organisation: "We are currently developing the new website on the Content Management Server. We are at the stage where it would be useful to enable the sending of email generated from the server. We would prefer not to use the Virtual SMTP on the server as this will have issues for us in terms of delivery going forward. This being the case, I was hoping it would be possible to allow mail relay on the exchange server for our development server (the Content Management Server). Please let me know if this is possible." We h...

domain name
Does the domain name really matter, when I used NT4.0 it didn't matter but with all the extra peices with SBS do I need to be careful with what I call the domain? What is the best practice for setting up a domain name for our net work? If I have a website should I use that for the server domain name, example CompnanyName.com? I notice that the orginal install had the domain name as CompanyName.local, is this a better set up? Additionally, I do plan to use Exchange Server but not at first. Thank you for your assistance with this question. -- mjb --------------------...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

share contacts / calendar with multiple user accounts
i have win xp home edition, outlook 2002 and 2 user accounts set up. each of us have our own outlook. i want to share contacts and calendar, but not inboxes. can i do this and how?? chuck <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have win xp home edition, outlook 2002 and 2 user > accounts set up. each of us have our own outlook. i want > to share contacts and calendar, but not inboxes. can i do > this and how?? You don't have to ask your question multiple times. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512...

change contacts folder "show names by"
I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public contact folder, just like I can for a local folder. I think it resides on the exchange server??? But do not know where to change it for a public folder - this is so it shows uo in local outlook addresss books by the "file as" option. Help! Thanks, Sam <samearle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140533160.657711.304900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public > contact folder, just like I can ...

Output .lib file name
How can I change output .lib file name? I'm building an DLL and using VC6. I couldn't find it in Project | Settings... Thanks. Hi, You can try to modify your .dll file name, then your .lib file name is also changed. Best Regards! PPDragon "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> д���ʼ� news:%23AgYZ6NNEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > How can I change output .lib file name? I'm building an DLL and using > VC6. I couldn't find it in Project | Settings... > > Thanks. > > You can always hand-edit the command line to the linker. As...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Contacts moved to another user??
I have Exchange 5.5, SP4 on Windows 2K Server, SP3. My users run Windows 2K Pro and Outlook 2K. This morning, one of my users noticed that a few dozen of another user's contacts, complete with the notes the other user had written, were now in her own contacts. Also, some of her own contacts are gone. As far as we can tell, nobody else is involved in this bizarre switcheroo. But we're all concerned. How can this happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark Wild guesses? Anybody? I have two users breathing down my neck. One is the boss' secretary. Mind...

Problem in user created edit box...
Hai all, I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit).. I have some problems in it... as follows 1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible 2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing.. 3. How to clear the buffer in edit box Can anyone provide me the solution... Thanx in advance... Looking forward for the reply... Regards, Rajkumar I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ... "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote ...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

how do I make a cell in Excel required to be populated?
I am attempting to use Excel for a form I am creating and need to make certain cells required. I am unfamiliar with Macros, but am thinking this may be the only way to do this. Thoughts? You could use a macro that looks at those cells and counts how many are filled in. But since macros are new, how about an alternative? Use an adjacent cell. Put a formula like: =if(c3<>"","","<----Please fill in this cell") (I used D3 for this) Then format it in a nice bright bold red. The user sees the warning immediately. If you have formulas that depend on al...

CRM 4.0 More than one user queue was found for the given object
Hi, I upgraded CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and when trying to assign an account to another user get this error: "More than one user queue was found for the given object". This is the error with deverrors turned on in web.config. In the event viewer, I get the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: 1309 Date: 4/14/2008 Time: 9:03:57 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMSRVR Description: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 4/14/2008 9:03:57 PM Event time (UTC): 4/15/2008 2:03:57 AM Eve...

Changing Display Name does not reflect.
Hi, I have an exchnage server 2003 and Outlook 2003. We recently changed opne of our employees last name in ADUC and her display name, the ran the Update manually and waited 24 hours and still the dsiplay Name in the Global list shows the Old One. I checked in AD and it is set to her new spleeing, Anything I'm missing I should look at. Thanks If this is Outlook 2003 using Cached mode, then you would also need to rebuild the Offline Address Book and have Outlook download the OAB - this is what cached mode clients use for their GAL. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Sa...