OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.

We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another
one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange
server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA
login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have
tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found
differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works,
if I move it back OWA stops working.
Reading email with Outlook works fine.
We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both
servers. The only difference there I think is that 1.server have
Windows sp. by its own, but on the 2. server the sp1 already was on the
install cd.
I have tried to access OWA both with http://servername/Exchange/ and
.....Exchange/username/

0
kityssen (1)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Publisher Mail Merge with Access
Trying to merge a publisher document with access. When I go to select my data source in access, the query that I want to merge with is not availble as a selection. Could this be because the query requires specific criteria to be entered before the query is generated? Thanks for your help! Can't speak to the criteria specifics, I only know I can merge with an Access query. You could open the Access help or go to an Access newsgroup. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathy" &l...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Scheduling wizard fails with parameterized reports
Hi all, we are evaluating the report scheduling wizard and we encounter some issues. After many tests, it appears that the wizard works well with reports using CRM filtering, but fails with reports embedding Reporting Services parameters. The error is not explicit, it just says "an error occured" but I can't find any more information. Unfortunately, I have some very complex reports that requires the parameters to be used in the data source query, and CRM filtering is not the solution. So, how can we make parameterized reports to be successfully scheduled with the wizard ...

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...

re: slow OWA

The Operation Failed
Message when i clic send/recieve -"The Operation Failed" now what??? >-----Original Message----- >Message when i clic send/recieve -"The Operation Failed" >now what??? >. >Outlook will sened not recieve - any ideas? ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

Issue writing IF OR Error Formula Types
Having trouble putting a formala together. I have the following formula which works: Senario : $d$d = either weight or unit or unknown (of an ingredient) e8= is a quantity number ( either in grams or units, o an ingredient. eg 100 or 1) Raw data is in nutrition!$b$6:$g$70 The following formula works so far: f8 ( which is the no. o calories)=if($d$d="weight",e8/100,e8)*vlookup(c8,nutrition!$b$6:$g$70,3,false) But I also want to add to it that If e8(quantity)=0 or blank or invalid then "qty?" should appear in th f8 cell And not sure what to do to avoid an error in f8...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

internet explorer errors
when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this happens no matter where i am looking. or what im looking at. what can cause this and how do I fix it? In article <D3FCC685-4A5C-455E-B092-9C288FC40B6D@microsoft.com>, silvrtungdevl <silvrtungdevl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i am in internet explorer looking at anything and close the window i get > the error message that an error has occured and it needs to close. this > happens no matter where i am lookin...

Restricting access #2
Hi, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server. We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to do this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and not having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..? I probably try to set them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any thoughts? Thanks. Mitch POP3 does not support public folders. You can have clients access the PFs using OWA - http/https://server.domain.com/public - you woul...

Refreshing Access data in Excel
I have exported the data from an Access query into Excel, but I want the data to refresh whenever the Excel spreadsheet is opened. However, the "Refresh Data" button is greyed out. I've tried to Import Data from the Excel side, but message I get is that I do not have permission to access the Access query data. I do need to use a password to open the Access program and I'm wondering how I can allow any user to open the spreadsheet and see the spreadsheet with the most recent data (which is only refreshed every 24 hours). What do I need to do to resolve this issue? Help!...

OLE DB Provider failing
Hi All, I am running Windows Server 2003 x32 SP2 with SQL Server 2005. I am being told by a vendor that is trying to install a piece of software that my "OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" is failing. And, that this is part of MDAC. How do I reinstall this stuff? Many thanks, -T > I am being told by a vendor that is trying to install > a piece of software that my "OLE DB Provider for SQL > Server" is failing. And, that this is part of MDAC. > > How do I reinstall this stuff? What exactly does the vendor mean by "failing"? MD...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

View by sender error
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003 pointing at an Exchange 2000 server on my laptop. When I select the option to view mail by sender in my Inbox I get an error saying "Outlook cannot display this item". All the other options work i.e. "Unread messages in the folder" etc. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Access 2007 runtime-fails
I have a perfectly good working file that I created in Ac2000 then converted to A2007. So that I can run it on computers without Access, I installed the runtime program for testing before issuing. I changed my file extension to accdr and am testing on the same computer used to make the accdb file. In runtime, when I try to open several of the various forms or reports from the swithchboard buttons, I get notice of a run time error and of course it shuts down. I get no run time errors when running the same file as accdb., so where do they come from? How do I even start t...

OUTLOOK 2003 ERROR!
Hello, I am encountering this problem out of nowhere. An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have permission to perform this operation. I have google'd extend.dat and it told me to rename or delete the file and the error should go away, I searched for the file on my PC, it is nowhere to be found. Thanks in advance, Jordan ...