owa lockdown in exchange 2003

Hi,
I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy
developers, how do I make sure that is secure

0
Jake (94)

Have a look at this link

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/exsecure.mspx

"Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy
> developers, how do I make sure that is secure

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

POP3 conflict OL2000/2003
I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on different computers. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone to Office 2003 right away. Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation. All users have roaming profiles. User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed. Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3 accounts. User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional installed. Outlook on it was configured identically. Once the user&...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Exchange Admin Client on XP Pro Box
Hi Group, This is what I am trying to do. I have a .NET 2003 server with Exchange 2003. What I would like is to have the administration console for exchange installed on a sperate XP-Pro box which can be used by another administrator. I was able to get this working when we had a 2000 server/exchange platform. Can anyone suggest something and in the meantime I will keep googling :) Thanks - Ron Ron, You'll need to install the IIS Snap-in w/ SMTP and the Windows 2003 AdminPack. Once the ESM is installed, then disable the SMTP and WWW services as they are not needed, just the snap-in...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

import .CSV file to XP EXcel 2003 worksheet, the seperator is com.
Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The text delimitor is comma. How do I change the worksheet to have the text delimited by column? that means each text filed is imported into each column. Thank you ML Change the .csv extension to .txt then open that *.txt file. The Text Import Wizard will appear and you can parse your data with "delimited by" comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:19:02 -0800, "ML" <ML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Download a .CSV file from internet to Windows XP Excel 2003 (SP1). The t...

Connecting Exchange Server to a POP3 Server
I need to download email from our company's ISP that runs a POP3 server. We have an Exchange Server running that we're trying to download the email to. We're currently running PopCon but I was wondering if microsoft has a support for this. There is a free program supplied by microsoft but it only works on Small Business Server. Any help would be appreciated. As you stated, SBS Product is the only product with Exchange that includes a POP Downloader. You will have to purchase third party Pop Downloader for any other versions of Exchange. I would strongly suggest hosting you...

Excel 2003 #2
Does the new version of excel contain more than 65,536 lines withing a workbook? If not, is there a way to create additional lines, over and above the 65,536? Excel is used in a very specific program that we have, and adding workbooks is NOT an option. We do multiple searches (of columns) and need text in one workbook. If you have an answer, please e-mail me directly at the above address. Thanks for your assistance. Also 65,536 Leigh in 2003 But you can search in more sheets also Is this not a option? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl &...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Cannot view pictures in publisher 2003
All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:49:02 +0000, louelk wrote (in article <DED454B9-A06F-4222-89DC-59C4E6BA27AF@microsoft.com>): > All pictures in publisher cannot be viewed on screen but print ok. I can > view in Microsoft word but no in Publisher 2003 It didn't cross your mind to *SEARCH* then? You didn't think to look whether anyone else might conceivably have had the same issue and solved it? No, of course it didn't.. I don't care if this *IS* you...

Windows Server 2003 running Exchange in NT Domain
Is it possible to run a Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory in a Windows NT domain? We have the Windows Server 2003 in the domain but Active Diorectory is not installed. We do need to install Active Directory in order to Run Exchange 2003, correct? Thanks, Ryan Hi, Yes. You have to have an Active Directory forest/domain in order to install and run Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003. Exchange 5.5 has it's own directory but Exchange 200x does not, it instead relies totally on AD for directory services. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please d...

Change default settings Pub 2003
I would like to change the default font settings on every new document started with Publisher 2003. Our business would like to use one of our "approved" fonts for all new text boxes that are added to documents as well. Thanks! psvogt wrote: > I would like to change the default font settings on every new document > started with Publisher 2003. Our business would like to use one of our > "approved" fonts for all new text boxes that are added to documents as well. Try reading http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micro...

Report Manager add-in on excel 2003
Hi, I tried to install add-in Report Manager but only I found it fo excel 2002. I wanted install for excel 2003 but it doesn�t work. Does somebody knows if exist this add-in for excel 03 ? thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't use xl2003, but there have been posts by xl2003 users saying that this xl2002 addin works ok in xl2003. You may want to try downloading it again or post back with more information about how it didn't work--download problems, installation problems, or actual problems when running it. "loparque <" wrote: > > Hi, ...

hidden recipients in microsoft exchange administrator
Hi - i'm using exchange 5.5 Just wandering - when I view the hidden recipients there seems to be loads of company names that our company deals with. Are these there because there are public folders in our system? Would deleting these hidden recipients also delete our public folders? Batfastad "Batfastad" <whatever@noway.com> wrote: >Just wandering - when I view the hidden recipients there seems to be >loads of company names that our company deals with. > >Are these there because there are public folders in our system? it's your system, why can't yo...

LIMITATION ON ACCESS 2003 DATABASE
Could anyone tell me whether there is a limit to the number of records which can be stored in a table in an Access 2003 database. I have an Access dbase with approximately 8463 records already and growing day by day. I find that sometimes all records can't be read (I run a document management system from the database whereby I lookup data and documents previously created). After getting the error I rebuild and compact the database and all runs fine for a while again. Then it doesn't read all the records again for some or other reason. I repeat the process and all fine. Is there a limit...

Excel 2003 memory abuse
Hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 on almost every workstation here. When I fill some cells in a worksheet with data and the select a few cells excel starts using excessive amounts of memory when I just move my mouse over the sheet. In the task memory I can see Excel using a lot of processor time and I see the memory usage increase by almost 1 mb/s. When using excel normally this problem will cause windows to have more then 1.5 GB of memory in use after around 30 min. At the end windows will crash due to problems with the virtual memory. This problem occurs with all excel sheets. H...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Exchange 2003 #50
i am administering MS Exchange 2003. What are the rights so that i can change or amend a details in my MS Outlook 2003 GAL? Eg. amend phone number. Outlook doesn't support that. You must have appropriate rights on in Active Directory on the appropriate OUs or accounts to make those changes using Active Directory Users and Computers or some other customized user management tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "2Tian" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23XrKJb9yGHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...