OWA Inside NO, OWA Ouside Yes

Hi
I have Exchange Server 2003.
I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email
inside and outside through OWA.
Now I  would like to change this for a few users.
I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people.
How can I do this?
I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure.
Do I need ISA server?
If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside.
Thanky you very much indeed.
sAnTos

0
Santos (8)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:15:07 -0800, sAnTos
<sAnTos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>I have Exchange Server 2003.
>I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email
>inside and outside through OWA.
>Now I  would like to change this for a few users.
>I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people.
>How can I do this?
>I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure.
>Do I need ISA server?
>If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside.
>Thanky you very much indeed.
>sAnTos

The ability to grant HTTP access to users is on a user by user basis
not on the basis of where that user is. You could grant the user the
ability to only log on from set workstation names so that if they
attempted to access OWA from elsewhere they would be refused. I'd want
to test that as it's only a theory.

You can't switch OWA off.

If you do have or are able to deploy ISA 2004 then this will easily do
it for you since you can deny the users access to the environment.
You're not actually preventing OWA as such in this solution but
instead denying users access to port 443 on the destination server,
which achieves the right result. You would have a publishing rule
which authenticated users at the gateway and permitted them access
only to the resources you choose.

0
mark7219 (5666)

2007 OWA Question
Hi all, I am about to import users into AD in order to use Exchange 2007 and I want to make sure I set the right attributes. I was wondering, when users search for other users in OWA, or when OWA does an auto-fill, from where is OWA pulling that info from in AD? The logon name, the username, or the display name? Robert The logon name attribute is samAccountName. I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding "username". If you're talking about the name that shows up in Active Directory Users and Computers, that's the common name, or cn. The display na...

Update Query & Yes/No Field
Hi - I am working with Access 2003. I have a field with the "Yes/No" format. Is there a statment I can time in an Update query which will place a check mark for Yes? I tried the following statement: UPDATE [Purchased] SET [Lotus Tealight] = Is Not Null; And received the following error message: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Is Not Null'. I have a query with close to 1200 records (the database itself has 5000 records) which need to be checked Yes as to purchasing a specific item and I really do not want manually check each record. Thanks! I ...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

OWA Logoff problems
Hi we have OWA running however we get the issue of an internal server error when users use the logoff button also the change password option It is exchange 2000 sp3 on windows 2000 server sp4 I have looked at the following to solve the issue Q318239 and also the IIS lockdown issues I have checked everything I can think of can anyone suggest another solution? Best Regards Scott Bentley ...

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell
Does anyone know how to insert diagonal lines inside a cell? I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 and I created monthly calendars from January-December. I would like to "X" out the respective days of the week after they have passed, but I can't figure out how to do that in Word. I've tried inserting the multiplication symbol and enlarging it, but it doesn't work well. Any other ideas? Thanks! On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Styles group, if you click the arrow next to Borders you should see Diagonal Down and Diagonal Up borders. If you use ...

OWA sub folder
HI... we have exchange 2003 i have problem with outlook web access, i have created sub contect folder under contect folder and there are contect in side both folder. when i will search in address book for contact in my sub contact folder contact does not listing .. pls help me Tejal In the properties of that sub-folder, you can specify to show it as Outlook address book. Hope this helps, Boris "Tejal" <tejal_5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b9901c47f11$4ea58b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > HI... > > we have exchange 2003 > > i have problem with outlo...

Maximum simultaneously connections in OWA?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). We use also ISA 2004 Server in front of Exchnage. The form-based authentication occurs on ISA. We want limit the number of simultaneously connections for OWA. How can we realize it? Registry record? Must we change the values on ISA, front-end or back-end, or on both server? Is there any good document about the OWA configurations in Windows Registry? Best Regards Mustafa On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 02:19:02 -0700, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >We deployed Exchange 2003 (front-end and...

OWA Rights to Mailbox problem
We have installed and additional Exchange 5.5 server to our site with OWA and IIS. OWA works fine on original server but if we move a mailbox to the new server, the user cannot forward, delete or send a new message using OWA. The mailbox recieves new mail and it can be read, but it ends there. Can't add to Calander or contacts. Missing some permissions setting, just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan ...

OWA problems #3
We have an front-end/back-end exchange 2003 environment. our users have no problems accessing their email from outlook, but we have a few users who cannot access owa from either inside or outside our lan. this is the message in the event viewer: Microsoft Exchange Server has detected that Basic Authentication is being attempted between this server and server 'ADMINMAIL2'. This authentication mechanism is not secure and it is not supported between front-ends and back-ends. Please verify that both this server and server 'ADMINMAIL2' are configured to use Integrat...

Yes/No control box
Hi Folks, How can I have a control "Yes/No" on a form that once the checkbox is checked that do not show the line record on my report Thanking you in advance for your answer Fredderic Fredrick, Create a field in your table called something like NoPrint, and make it a Yes/No (True/False). Place that field on your form. If the field is checked (True), then that record will be excluded from your report. In the query behind your report, use a criteria against the NoPrint field... = False That says... show me only records where NoPrint is False. -- hth ...

How do you determine how many pages are inside your Visio document while you have it open on screen?
Gurus, How do you determine how many pages are inside your Visio document while you have it open on screen? -- Spin On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:56:29 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >How do you determine how many pages are inside your Visio document while you >have it open on screen? Drop a box shape on the current page, menu Insert -> Field and select Page Info and then Number of Pages. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Open PPT file inside Internet Explorer
How to make the PPT file to open in Internet Explorer, if we have a link of the file from the web page. With power point viewer 2003, it will actually open the viewer to open the file. I would like to have the file show inside the Internet Explorer. Please advice. Thanks. Jade have a read of this Control how the browser opens PowerPoint files http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00189.htm cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "Jade" <Jade@di...

OWA (IIS) cannot refresh group member PF access
After adding/deleting user to/from AD group user as before have access to PF thought OWA. There are many articles KB: 152526, 267568, 173658. But that setting does not have impact on this situation Q: How to change refresh interval if group members have change? I think I see what you are saying. If you want to change how fast your recipient policies are changing go within ESM. Expand Recipients and Right Click and go to the properties of Recipient Update Services (Enterprise Configuration). You will see an update interval at the bottom. Change that to say Always run (if you want...

Cannot reply to a msg in OWA
I have two problems 1. One of my user cannot get to his mail box online, when he logs in he on OWA he gets an error msg saying, "OWA was unable to get to your mail box" 2. One of my user cannot reply to any msg from OWA when he click on reply, his window simply closes on him. Though he can send a new msg. There is no error msg in this scnerio I shall be thank full for any help i can get. "Sam" <ssahi@medsaveusa.com> wrote in news:1b9701c4270d$21b2a370 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > I have two problems > 1. One of my user cannot get to his mail box online, when &...

redirect HTTP to HTTPs for OWA connections
how do you configure IIS to redirect owa connections from http to https. I'm not sure which document I need to edit to make this work. What code do I need to add and what changes to the def web site do I need to make Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839357 http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nue "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message news:2017FB33-B8CB-4392-A445-711DCDCC32B5@microsoft.com... > how do you configure IIS ...

Can you insert a graph inside another graph? if so how?
I am trying to insert a graph into another graph. Is this possible? Jim Hi, You can embed multiple chartobjects into a chart sheet. Press F11, making sure the cells surrounding the active cell are empty, this should then create a blank chart sheet. If you then have some charts on a worksheet these can be embeded in the empty chart sheet. To do this right click a chart on the worksheet and click Location... From the As Object In dropdown list select the chart sheet. I don't believe you can embed chartobjects within chartobjects though. Cheers Andy Jim Smith wrote: > I am tryi...

No reply's in OWA
Hi First the systems Server side: Windows 2000 SP/4 Exchange2000 SP/3, 2Meg link to the internet going through a GB 1000 firewall. Client side: This user is at home, connects to our office email over ISDN and OWA at 64Kps, they are running Windows 2000 SP/4, IE6 all the updates are on the PC, it all works OK, except for this problem!! To the problem The user logs in to the email using OWA. and brings up there email, you can click on any email and read it with no problem. If you reply to any email you will not see any reply, to that mail you sent in the inbox. OWA says you have new mail but w...

OWA and home directory
Using the default install settings for Ex2003, you can access web based mail in a browser using "http://servername/exchange". I have added a cname for my mail server and wish for users to be able to use that name "webmail.company.com", but i assume i must change the home directory path in IIS. I looked in IIS under the "exchange" virtual directory but didnt see anything there? Am i missing something? Thanks, Henry You don't have to change anything in IIS in regards to the path. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this ac...

Help: OWA Authentication issues.
Hello's all. I have an Exchange 2003 Front-end/Back End setup. I seem to be having quirky issues with users not getting the OWA page to display correctly, or the page taking forever to load. What are the recommended authentication settings for the Front End Server virtual directories (Exchange, Public, Exchweb), & for the Back-End server virtual directories (Exchange, Public, Exchweb)? I'am also receiving an EXPROX error message on my front end server saying that the current autentication mechansim iam using btwn the Front & Back end server is not supported (Basic Au...

Change Password at next logon (OWA 2003)
Am running exchange 2003 on windows 2003 (FE/BE) I have unhidden the button on the front end server. I have created the IISADMPWD virtual directory in IIS. I have allowed anonymous access. When I click the change password button from OWA it works fine. When I flag a user's account to 'Change Password on next logon' - users can't logon. I have noticed that the change password files now have a asp extension instead of the normal htr as found on windows 2000 and NT 4.0. Also the options.js file in the exchweb/controls directory points to the following.... var szURL = "htt...

The OWA client and multiple SMTP domain names
My company has a subsidiary which we are about to add to our exchange server. They have a different domain name than the parent company. The first user from the subsidiary that I set up was not able to get to her mailbox via OWA. She got a 404 - page not found error. Experimentation has led me to decover that if she has a second email address of username@parentcompany.com then OWA will display her mailbox. Is there a way that I can configure these users with a single SMTP address of username@subsidiary.com (without screwing up all the users who work for the parent company) and allow them t...

OWA
I have just setup my Exchange 2003 servers, front end and back end. My OWA Server (Front End) is working properly. I would like to, however, hard code my domain name so users do not need to type in "domain\username" everytime they log in. I would like them just to have to put in their username and pwd. I believe this a registry change. Anyone know what it is? Thank you David In the ESM, go to the Server-->Protocols-->HTTP-->Exchange Virtual Server. Go to properties on Exchange, go to the 2nd tab and to the Authentication button. Uncheck Integrated Authentication,...

Accessing email via OWA
We want to enable users to access their email remotely using OWA. We have a Watchguard Firebox 700 and I have configured an HTTP and HTTPS service using NAT to point to the Exchange server. It all seems to work fine but I sent an email off to Watchguard tech support to ask how secure the connection would be if we were not using VPN (as users may be connecting from their friend's PC's etc... which woul dnot have VPN connections setup...) The resonse I got from them was this.. "Assuming that your OWA IIS server is set up for SSL (certificate), then you should be all set." If...

Exchange 2003 OWA SSL login failure
I have 2 Exchange 2003 servers. I've recently converted one of them to a front-end server. I have OWA working fine (with SSL and forms-based authentication) on the back-end server, but I can't get it work on the front-end. When I point my web browser at https://frontend.example.com/exchange, I get the login page. If I enter my credential incorrectly, I get re-prompted (so the authentication seems to be working). If I enter my credentials correctly, however, I get a 403.4 page. I verified that I have SSL enabled on the Exchange web directory, and not on any others (in particula...

Exchange 2000 OWA won't display folders
Ok this is my second attempt at posting this. We have an exchange server (windows 2000 advanced server sp4 exchange 2000 sp4) My former boss set this system up. OWA is setup for SSL connections. Here is the problem. When a user, any user, logs into OWA, they are prompted twice for their credentials. If this is their 1st log in to OWA on a machine (using IE 6 or 7) their folders like inbox,sent items, etc can be displayed by hitting the folders button. However any time after that the folders button doesn't work and IE throws up an error that reads: line 1272 char 2 invalid procedure ca...