OWA HTTP 500.13 error...

Hi Guys,

I'm finishing up the process of setting up exchange server for the medium
sized company I work for. It is Exchange Server 2003, SP1, on Windows 2003,
SP1. I have installed Sybari Antigen 8. The hardware is an HP DL 380 with
4gigs of ram and 2 XEON 3.6ghz CPUS. The Server has 3 raid 1 mirrors. System,
Transaction log, and mail store are on separate mirrors.

About 3 weeks ago I got this error when I tried going to OWA (SSL, FBA):

HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

At that point I shrugged it off, restarted IIS, and that seemed to fix it.
This server is not yet live so it has very little activity. Today I got the
same error. I need to find the source of the problem and fix it so that when
I go live with exchange server I won't have to restart IIS every couple days
(or hours, yipe!). here is a clipping from todays IIS log:

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2005-09-01 20:40:18
#Fields: date time s-sitename s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port
cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status
2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET / - 443 - MyIPADDRESSHERE
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 302 0 0
2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET /exchange/ - 443 -
MyIPADDRESSHERE
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 401 2 2148074254
2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET
/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp
url=https://serverURL/exchange/&reason=0|-|ASP_0148|Server_Too_Busy 443 -
MyIPADDRESS
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 500 0 0

In the event viewer there are of course many informational entries. There
are also a few errors that seem unrelated. Take a look:

logged 5 days ago:
event id 9152
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its DS
Monitoring thread.

That is actually about it for system errors. There were alot more about a
month ago, but I tracked those down to a virtual memory misconfiguration. I
had statically set the vm to 2 gigs of ram, and Windows had consumed all of
it, and this was causing apps to throw memory errors. Once I set it to allow
windows to manage virtual memory on it's own all of this dissapeared.

Anyone know the solution to this bad boy? :)

Thanks,
Justin
0
Justin7863 (92)

What else is running on this server?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> 500 0 0
>
> In the event viewer there are of course many informational entries. There
> are also a few errors that seem unrelated. Take a look:
>
> logged 5 days ago:
> event id 9152
> Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its
> DS
> Monitoring thread.
>
> That is actually about it for system errors. There were alot more about a
> month ago, but I tracked those down to a virtual memory misconfiguration.
> had statically set the vm to 2 gigs of ram, and Windows had consumed all
> of
> it, and this was causing apps to throw memory errors. Once I set it to
> allow
> windows to manage virtual memory on it's own all of this dissapeared.
>
> Anyone know the solution to this bad boy? :)

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/1/2005 10:12:54 PM
Nothing. Exchange 2003 and Sybari Antigen.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > 500 0 0
> >
> > In the event viewer there are of course many informational entries. There
> > are also a few errors that seem unrelated. Take a look:
> >
> > logged 5 days ago:
> > event id 9152
> > Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its
> > DS
> > Monitoring thread.
> >
> > That is actually about it for system errors. There were alot more about a
> > month ago, but I tracked those down to a virtual memory misconfiguration.
> > had statically set the vm to 2 gigs of ram, and Windows had consumed all
> > of
> > it, and this was causing apps to throw memory errors. Once I set it to
> > allow
> > windows to manage virtual memory on it's own all of this dissapeared.
> >
> > Anyone know the solution to this bad boy? :)

0
Justin7863 (92)
9/1/2005 10:22:02 PM
Error 0x8007203a (server not operational) indicates that the server is having
problems accessing a domain controller. If OWA is having trouble getting
information from the AD I can imagin that IIS gives these kind of errors.
Were their problems during setup (e.g. with domain prep)? Is there a DC in
the same site as the server? Does DNS function? Are there DC's listed in the
"Directory Access" tab of the server properties in the ESM?
--
Regards,

Roland

"Justin" wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm finishing up the process of setting up exchange server for the medium
> sized company I work for. It is Exchange Server 2003, SP1, on Windows 2003,
> SP1. I have installed Sybari Antigen 8. The hardware is an HP DL 380 with
> 4gigs of ram and 2 XEON 3.6ghz CPUS. The Server has 3 raid 1 mirrors. System,
> Transaction log, and mail store are on separate mirrors.
>
> About 3 weeks ago I got this error when I tried going to OWA (SSL, FBA):
>
> HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy.
> Internet Information Services (IIS)
>
> At that point I shrugged it off, restarted IIS, and that seemed to fix it.
> This server is not yet live so it has very little activity. Today I got the
> same error. I need to find the source of the problem and fix it so that when
> I go live with exchange server I won't have to restart IIS every couple days
> (or hours, yipe!). here is a clipping from todays IIS log:
>
> #Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
> #Version: 1.0
> #Date: 2005-09-01 20:40:18
> #Fields: date time s-sitename s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port
> cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status
> 2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET / - 443 - MyIPADDRESSHERE
> Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 302 0 0
> 2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET /exchange/ - 443 -
> MyIPADDRESSHERE
> Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 401 2 2148074254
> 2005-09-01 20:40:18 W3SVC1 ServerIPADDRESSHERE GET
> /exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp
> url=https://serverURL/exchange/&reason=0|-|ASP_0148|Server_Too_Busy 443 -
> MyIPADDRESS
> Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 500 0 0
>
> In the event viewer there are of course many informational entries. There
> are also a few errors that seem unrelated. Take a look:
>
> logged 5 days ago:
> event id 9152
> Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its DS
> Monitoring thread.
>
> That is actually about it for system errors. There were alot more about a
> month ago, but I tracked those down to a virtual memory misconfiguration. I
> had statically set the vm to 2 gigs of ram, and Windows had consumed all of
> it, and this was causing apps to throw memory errors. Once I set it to allow
> windows to manage virtual memory on it's own all of this dissapeared.
>
> Anyone know the solution to this bad boy? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
There are Servers listed in the directory access tab, the right ones. DNS is
working.

"Roland" wrote:

> [...]
> > MyIPADDRESS
> > Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0b;+Windows+NT+5.1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50215) 500 0 0
> >
> > In the event viewer there are of course many informational entries. There
> > are also a few errors that seem unrelated. Take a look:
> >
> > logged 5 days ago:
> > event id 9152
> > Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its DS
> > Monitoring thread.
> >
> > That is actually about it for system errors. There were alot more about a
> > month ago, but I tracked those down to a virtual memory misconfiguration. I
> > had statically set the vm to 2 gigs of ram, and Windows had consumed all of
> > it, and this was causing apps to throw memory errors. Once I set it to allow
> > windows to manage virtual memory on it's own all of this dissapeared.
> >
> > Anyone know the solution to this bad boy? :)

0
Justin7863 (92)

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...

re: slow OWA

Issue writing IF OR Error Formula Types
Having trouble putting a formala together. I have the following formula which works: Senario : $d$d = either weight or unit or unknown (of an ingredient) e8= is a quantity number ( either in grams or units, o an ingredient. eg 100 or 1) Raw data is in nutrition!$b$6:$g$70 The following formula works so far: f8 ( which is the no. o calories)=if($d$d="weight",e8/100,e8)*vlookup(c8,nutrition!$b$6:$g$70,3,false) But I also want to add to it that If e8(quantity)=0 or blank or invalid then "qty?" should appear in th f8 cell And not sure what to do to avoid an error in f8...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

Why does OWA...

number error showing in total column in print preview.
I am trying to print a form, but in print preview the total column is showing a number error. I have expanded the column and it is still showing number error. Please advise on how this error could be solved. ...

WMI Error #2
Our Exchange 2003 SP1 server keeps on sending me email of these errors. It is coming from the email address: WMI@ExServ, with the subject of: Warning on ExServ ExServ has reported a Warning. Reported status is: Queues - Warning Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK Then ten minutes later I get another email with subject: Error on ExServ ExServ has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Error Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK How do I go about troubleshooting this problem? I have read almost everywhere and found no solution to this thing except turning it off...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Integration Manager error 04-15-10
I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations but am really having trouble with this one. All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv source file. Here is the error I am getting: DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item Number' field of the root recordset. Maximum length is 0. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window? "davidf." wrote: >...

error "module not found"
I have problem opening an Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic" error window, and the error message is "Module not found". I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98. Help provides following info. about the error - ------------------------------------------------ Module not found Modules aren't loaded from a code reference — they must be part of the project. This error has the following cause and solution: The requested module doesn't exist in the specified project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar = 5 generates this error when MyModule isn't...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Error 1309. Error reading from file Office 2003
Hi. One of our users is receiving the following error message when opening Outook: Error 1309. Error reading from file : C:\Documents and Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB When trying to open Outlook 2003. He has Office 2003 installed on a Windows XP computer. Tried the following solution: 1. Click on start==>run==>type "outlook /s" without quotations and click ok. 2. Once outlook is up in safe mode with the error message in front, hold down ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard to bring the task manager up. 3. Click on the processes tab==&...

Mess. error : DS_E_DIT_ERROR
Dear Sir/Madam I am having a problem with my Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 (the only email server in my site). Whenever I try to modify the properties or delete specific mailboxes in my Exchange Server, the system prompt to me the following error: "Directory Information Tree Error. Try restarting the admin program or the computer both. Error ID: DS_E_DIT_ERROR" Consequently, I am unable to delete or make any changes in these mailboxes. I would be greatful if you could assist me with any kind of help or advice. Thanks in advance. This is a serious problem with your di...