OWA HTTP 440 Timeout error

I am running Exchg 2003 SP1, on Server 2003 in 2000 AD Domain.  Single exchg
svr, no front-end.

Recently reinstall IIS to resolve an issue with 3rd party SPAM Filter
Software.  After removing the 3rd party app, removing IIS and then
reinstalling IIS, reinstalling Exchg, reapplying Exch SP1 and hotfixes and
finally the 3rd Party app, my users are encountering Timeout error when
accessing OWA (SSL configured).  This occurs once daily.  OWA access is
restored by issuing iisreset command.

The process of removing and re-installing IIS was recommended by MS Support.
 When I advised the MS Support Tech of result of IIS re-build I was told I
would have to open a separate case to resolve this problem.

I have verified permissions and re-sync'd the IUSR passwords and disabled
and re-enabled FBA with no effect on this issue.  The articles and blogs I've
found on the net all reference solid 440 timeout failures.  In this scenario,
OWA works perfectly for 16 to 20 hrs and then fails to establish new
connections.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions on possible resolution steps.

Thanks,
SVEngineer

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Error when opening program
I have Outlook98 loaded on my WindowsXP computer. It has worked fine for a long time till it downloaded a spam email, then locked up the program. Now when I try to open the program, I get the following: Outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can not find where the "inbox" is, to delete all the emails in it. Do you have any suggestions, other than deleteing the program? Thank You. ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...

re: slow OWA

Issue writing IF OR Error Formula Types
Having trouble putting a formala together. I have the following formula which works: Senario : $d$d = either weight or unit or unknown (of an ingredient) e8= is a quantity number ( either in grams or units, o an ingredient. eg 100 or 1) Raw data is in nutrition!$b$6:$g$70 The following formula works so far: f8 ( which is the no. o calories)=if($d$d="weight",e8/100,e8)*vlookup(c8,nutrition!$b$6:$g$70,3,false) But I also want to add to it that If e8(quantity)=0 or blank or invalid then "qty?" should appear in th f8 cell And not sure what to do to avoid an error in f8...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Error 425
hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked by another application." what does this error 425 means?? pls help asap. thanks "Kworx" <hk_lim@kworx.com.my> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5CC54B26-6552-43B4-81C6-3BCF253C7FF5@microsoft.com... > hi there. my printer couldn't not print and prompt this error msg box out. > > "Invalid Operation 425 : The printer cannot be accessed. It maybe locked > by > another application." > >...

View by sender error
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003 pointing at an Exchange 2000 server on my laptop. When I select the option to view mail by sender in my Inbox I get an error saying "Outlook cannot display this item". All the other options work i.e. "Unread messages in the folder" etc. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

OUTLOOK 2003 ERROR!
Hello, I am encountering this problem out of nowhere. An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. You don't have permission to perform this operation. I have google'd extend.dat and it told me to rename or delete the file and the error should go away, I searched for the file on my PC, it is nowhere to be found. Thanks in advance, Jordan ...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

Why does OWA...

number error showing in total column in print preview.
I am trying to print a form, but in print preview the total column is showing a number error. I have expanded the column and it is still showing number error. Please advise on how this error could be solved. ...

WMI Error #2
Our Exchange 2003 SP1 server keeps on sending me email of these errors. It is coming from the email address: WMI@ExServ, with the subject of: Warning on ExServ ExServ has reported a Warning. Reported status is: Queues - Warning Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK Then ten minutes later I get another email with subject: Error on ExServ ExServ has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Error Drives - OK Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK How do I go about troubleshooting this problem? I have read almost everywhere and found no solution to this thing except turning it off...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Integration Manager error 04-15-10
I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations but am really having trouble with this one. All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv source file. Here is the error I am getting: DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item Number' field of the root recordset. Maximum length is 0. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window? "davidf." wrote: >...

error "module not found"
I have problem opening an Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic" error window, and the error message is "Module not found". I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98. Help provides following info. about the error - ------------------------------------------------ Module not found Modules aren't loaded from a code reference — they must be part of the project. This error has the following cause and solution: The requested module doesn't exist in the specified project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar = 5 generates this error when MyModule isn't...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...