OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox - Line 56 "Object Expected"

2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning.

The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts
are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all,
showing "Loading..."

I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same
issue, but have found no fixes that work.

"Error on Page"
Line: 56
Char: 1
Error: Object expected.

Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received.

Thanks

I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the
other one didn't.  I don't have a KB article to point you to, but my
issue ended up being that the box that didn't work was missing a patch
that the back end server had.  I believe that patches between the front
and back end servers need to match.

On Jan 8, 2:22 pm, "andymarbles" <andymarb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning.
>
> The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts
> are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all,
> showing "Loading..."
>
> I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same
> issue, but have found no fixes that work.
>
> "Error on Page"
> Line: 56
> Char: 1
> Error: Object expected.
>
> Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received.
>
> Thanks

0
recuerda (3)
1/8/2007 10:33:16 PM
"recuerda" <recuerda@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the
> other one didn't.  I don't have a KB article to point you to, but my
> issue ended up being that the box that didn't work was missing a patch
> that the back end server had.  I believe that patches between the front
> and back end servers need to match.

If you have a FE/BE setup, look for the numbered folders under Program
File\Exchsrvr\exchweb\bin .  If the FE server has lowered numbered folders
than any BE server, then it means that the FE is missing a patch.  One easy
fix is to just copy the folders from BE to FE, but get the patch if poss.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
1/8/2007 10:39:42 PM
Rich Blunden wrote:
> I have the same issue on a couple of servers - one being  SBS2003 so have no
> FE/BE config. Checked out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280823/ and tried
> most fixes, including removal of ds2mb. Still got the problem. If I use basic
> mode it is fine, only premium causes problem. Any fix would be really
> appreciated.
> Am using sp2 on exchange by the way, and have tried a re-install of that too.
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> Rich.

Making sure the patches were the same on all servers fixed the issue.
I simply copied the folders across.

Thanks for the help guys!!

I am having the same problem which started on the 25th Jan `07.  I have tried
recreating the virtual directories to no avail.  I'm really banging my head
against a wall here over this and would appreciate any assistance.  I get
script errors stating Object Expected, or Invalid argument or procedure call.
 On a single server installation of Exchange 2007 EE.  We don't have SSL so
no forms based authentication.

Is there anyway to force people logging in to use the basic version of OWA ??

Thanks

Jamie

"Rich Blunden" wrote:

> I have the same issue on a couple of servers - one being  SBS2003 so have no
> FE/BE config. Checked out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280823/ and tried
> most fixes, including removal of ds2mb. Still got the problem. If I use basic
> mode it is fine, only premium causes problem. Any fix would be really
> appreciated.
> Am using sp2 on exchange by the way, and have tried a re-install of that too.
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> Rich.
I am also having this problem.  I have tried to recreate the virtual
directories, install any patches / updates and still nothing.  I get either
Object expected or Invalid argument or procedure call.

This machine is running Exchange 2003, and is a standalone server.

Any help gratefully welcomed.

"andymarbles" wrote:

> Rich Blunden wrote:
> > I have the same issue on a couple of servers - one being  SBS2003 so have no
> > FE/BE config. Checked out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280823/ and tried
> > most fixes, including removal of ds2mb. Still got the problem. If I use basic
> > mode it is fine, only premium causes problem. Any fix would be really
> > appreciated.
> > Am using sp2 on exchange by the way, and have tried a re-install of that too.
> >
> > Thanks for reading.
> >
> > Rich.
>
> Making sure the patches were the same on all servers fixed the issue.
> I simply copied the folders across.
>
> Thanks for the help guys!!

Hi...I've the same problem...it started a couple of day ago withouth
any sense....did you find a solution?

thanks!

Filippo

Jamie Liddall ha scritto:

> I am having the same problem which started on the 25th Jan `07.  I have tried
> recreating the virtual directories to no avail.  I'm really banging my head
> against a wall here over this and would appreciate any assistance.  I get
> script errors stating Object Expected, or Invalid argument or procedure call.
>  On a single server installation of Exchange 2007 EE.  We don't have SSL so
> no forms based authentication.
>
> Is there anyway to force people logging in to use the basic version of OWA ??
>

> Thanks
>
> Jamie
>
> "Rich Blunden" wrote:
>
> > I have the same issue on a couple of servers - one being  SBS2003 so have no
> > FE/BE config. Checked out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280823/ and tried
> > most fixes, including removal of ds2mb. Still got the problem. If I use basic
> > mode it is fine, only premium causes problem. Any fix would be really
> > appreciated.
> > Am using sp2 on exchange by the way, and have tried a re-install of that too.
> >
> > Thanks for reading.
> >
> > Rich.

0
filippo1 (1)