OWA Fails to Load

Two OWA environments are failing with the same behavior.
1) The first environment is Windows NT 4 SP6a running Exchange 5.5 SP4.
OWA is hosted on seperate NT box running IIS. IIS box must be restarted to
temporarilly solve problem. Works for a day or so then main OWA page fails to
talk to Exchange box after login and simply hangs with no erors, or gives an
ASP error, but nothing in eventlogs.  Cannot restart WWW service on IIS box.

2) Second environment is Windows 2000 SP4 running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and IIS
on the same box. Same behavior as first environment. OWA hangs after login
and does not load mailbox.  Cannot restart service without restarting the
whole machine.

These are new problems after several years of flawless operation. Any clues
how to fix?  I am about too upgrade but clients are dragging feet due to
costs and want current problem fixed.

Thanks in advance.
0
celticmcse (22)

celticmcse wrote:
> *Two OWA environments are failing with the same behavior.
> 1) The first environment is Windows NT 4 SP6a running Exchange 5.
> SP4.
> OWA is hosted on seperate NT box running IIS. IIS box must b
> restarted to
> temporarilly solve problem. Works for a day or so then main OWA pag
> fails to
> talk to Exchange box after login and simply hangs with no erors, o
> gives an
> ASP error, but nothing in eventlogs.  Cannot restart WWW service o
> IIS box.
>
> 2) Second environment is Windows 2000 SP4 running Exchange 5.5 SP
> and IIS
> on the same box. Same behavior as first environment. OWA hangs afte
> login
> and does not load mailbox.  Cannot restart service without restartin
> the
> whole machine.
>
> These are new problems after several years of flawless operation. An
> clues
> how to fix?  I am about too upgrade but clients are dragging feet du
> costs and want current problem fixed.
>
> Thanks in advance.

-
newmc

newmcp wrote:
> * * Hey celt did u ever get this resolved because I am having the identical
probs with my owa. I checked MS KB and the articles don't resolve my
issue. pls let me know

--
newmcp

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Is a win32 dll loaded in ram
Hey Friends Can someone tell me a way to figure out whether a Win32 dll is loaded in RAM or not apart from trying to delete it or rename it ? Try GetModuleHandle( TEXT("YourDll.Dll" ) ); This will return a valid module handle if the DLL is already loaded in your process's memory area. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OeuqkgshDHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > Can someone tell me a way to figure out whether a Win32 dll is loaded ...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

The Operation Failed
Message when i clic send/recieve -"The Operation Failed" now what??? >-----Original Message----- >Message when i clic send/recieve -"The Operation Failed" >now what??? >. >Outlook will sened not recieve - any ideas? ...

Scheduling wizard fails with parameterized reports
Hi all, we are evaluating the report scheduling wizard and we encounter some issues. After many tests, it appears that the wizard works well with reports using CRM filtering, but fails with reports embedding Reporting Services parameters. The error is not explicit, it just says "an error occured" but I can't find any more information. Unfortunately, I have some very complex reports that requires the parameters to be used in the data source query, and CRM filtering is not the solution. So, how can we make parameterized reports to be successfully scheduled with the wizard ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed
Dear all I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update. Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Pentium 4 Microsoft Office 2003 I have tried the following below: Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417 successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again. Please can you assist or advise? P...

OLE DB Provider failing
Hi All, I am running Windows Server 2003 x32 SP2 with SQL Server 2005. I am being told by a vendor that is trying to install a piece of software that my "OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" is failing. And, that this is part of MDAC. How do I reinstall this stuff? Many thanks, -T > I am being told by a vendor that is trying to install > a piece of software that my "OLE DB Provider for SQL > Server" is failing. And, that this is part of MDAC. > > How do I reinstall this stuff? What exactly does the vendor mean by "failing"? MD...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Slooowwww loading
Hello, All! For some reason pub 2k3, which I just installed fresh, loads very very slowly. I open it and get and hourglass for about 15 seconds. This is on an athlon64 with raid0 drives so something is amiss. I was much faster previously. Any ideas? Thanks, Colonel Blip. E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com How current is your video driver? Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this helps go to the manufacturer's website of your adapter and look around for an updated driver. -- ...

Access 2007 runtime-fails
I have a perfectly good working file that I created in Ac2000 then converted to A2007. So that I can run it on computers without Access, I installed the runtime program for testing before issuing. I changed my file extension to accdr and am testing on the same computer used to make the accdb file. In runtime, when I try to open several of the various forms or reports from the swithchboard buttons, I get notice of a run time error and of course it shuts down. I get no run time errors when running the same file as accdb., so where do they come from? How do I even start t...

dll unable to load
Hi, I have developed custom application using developer toolkit - when i copy the dll into live server i am getting following error launching great plains: "PeriodicBilling.dll.Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information". i did install developer toolkit runtime files - cant understand what it can be. thanks in advance dhariwal ...

Upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 fails with two errors
When running the upgrade from our App server that upgrade pops up with two messages, the first message when it is attempting to enable the Full Text Indexing. The Second error when it is trying drop the SQL v3 jobs. ANyone seen this or have a clue as to what is going on? Thank you for any help you can provide. 14:35:12| Info| Enable full-text indexing in MSCRM 14:35:12| Info| Enable full-text indexing in MSCRM 14:35:12| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thro...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Inventory Item Intergration Failing
Hi Guys, I am going crazy on this one. I am trying to run Integration for GP 8.0 using I.M 8.0 When I run I.M to import data from a tabbed delimited source file into the Inventory Item tables there are some values which are not imported. Integration runs successfully but the data for Qtys/Sites is not imported. When I check, Qty on Hand and all the Bin fields are empty,but in the Items sections everything is there. If you have experienced this before please point me in the right direction,atleast let me know how I can troubleshoot this problem. I do not know if this will help,the sou...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...