OWA down again

We rebooted the Windows 2000 server.  Now when we try to
access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error
page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable".  IIS 5 was
restarted but we still get this error.  I tried to create
another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another
web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service
Unavailable".  Do you know what we can do to fix this?

OWA Problem (Again)
Dear fellow IT workers, If anyone experiencing the same problem as I have and has its solutions, sharing the knowledge, would be great appreciated. The problem as follows: When I access our-company OWA site and compose New Message, there is an error at the bottom-left of IE, "Error on page". In addition, I also cannot read the message using the preview-pane (at the right side) except by opening to a window. Either I cannot use 'Log-Off' button. This behaviour occurs if I access from the internet. But when I'm using Firefox, the 'New Message' button wor...

Exchange 2007 OWA Errors
I've got a new server running Windows 2003 R2 x64 SP1. With an install of Exchange 2007. All was going well migrating mailboxes, from a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server, which is retiring. Then an installation of SQL (I know they shouldn't be on the same box) pretty much hosed the 64-bit portions of IIS. I think I have all the IIS functions back to normal. The only errors I am receiving now are these two. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchange ADAccess Event Category: General Event ID: 2152 Date: 2/26/2007 Time: 2:32:01 PM User: N/A Computer: SVRLR01 Description: Process w...

disable OWA once and for all
I just installed Exchange 2003 SP2. How can I disable OWA globally instead of going to each mailbox? Or, do I need to worry? We do not want anyone even from inside to access their mail using OWA. Thanks. 1. Export the exchange virtual directory object Protocols | HTTP | CN=1 using ldifde: ldifde -f filename.ldf -d "cn=configuration,dc=%yourdomain%" -r "(distinguishedName=CN=Exchange,CN=1,CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=%servername%,CN=servers,CN=%Administrative Group Name%,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=%ExchangeOrgName%,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=%you...

OWA issue when there is an elipse in the subject line
Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with an elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA 2003, he gets a 404 page not found. Any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. "Gustavo" <Gustavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCF8D1C6-95AC-44AA-A24B-1ADA7201F0B7@microsoft.com... > Hi. We have a strange issue going on. Whenever a user gets an email with > an > elipse ":" somwhere in the subject line and tries to read it using OWA > 2003, > he gets a 404 p...

Multiple mailbox access in OWA?
Is there a way to set up OWA to open more than one mailbox at time, as you can do in Outlook native? Thanx, RickS No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RickS asked: | Is there a way to set up OWA to open more than one | mailbox at time, as you can do in Outlook native? | | Thanx, | | RickS ...

Recurring meetings dont appear in owa??
I have a public folder calender for a resource. Not all appointments show up in webmail though, in outlook calender they do. I have narrowed it down to being all Recurring meetings dont show up in webmail. A meeting that isnt recurring does, an appointment that is recurring also does. Its just this factor that doesnt, anyone else seen this or have any ideas? I found a google post saying this was a problem with Ex2000 and Outlook 2002 but the kb article doesnt exist anymore. ...

Public folders & owa
It seems that when ever a user edits a contact in public folders using outlook 2003 that edit does not show up when the same user uses owa to access the contacts. What do I have to turn on to get these in sync? ...

Unauthorized Error Messages in OWA/Exchange 2003
We're having problems with our Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003 where if a user logs in and clicks on a URL in an email or tries to reply to a meeting request, we'll get prompted to log in repeatedly. After the third or fourth attempt, we receive an "Unauthorized" error message. I've search the KB articles for a solution and the closest KB article had to do with similar issues with Public Folders. Is this a problem for any one else? What is your solution? I'd appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!! ...

Do I need to purchase licences for owa remote users
Hi, This is my question: I'm planning to install Exchange srv2003. A Back end and a Front End on the head office. We have a small remote office with 12 users. I want to give them full feature of Exchange 2003 and I thing the best way for them is to use OWA. My question is, do I need tu purchase client licences to users who thay are going to get acces through OWA. OWA is intended to be a companion to Outlook for users that have a valid CAL. If you choose not to allow the users to connect to the Exchange server via Outlook, that is your choice to do so, however the user connecting ...

Mac OS X Accesing OWA
We recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 Server to a new Exchange 2000 server both are running Windows 2000 Server. Migration went fine execpt Mac users who try to access OWA from Safari, Firefox or IE cannot log in. When they try to authenticate it asked for them to enter their Logon information over and over again. I've checked permissions on the server didnt see any problems. Its only happening to Users who have used web access previously when the older server was in place. Ive logged in using my creditials and do not have a problem. I have tried internally using OWA and Ext...

OWA hangup
Hi all , When my OWA webmail run a few days, than OWA will hang-up , i check that the dllhost.exe using 100% CPU a long time , but i reboot the computer , than the OWA resume normal , my exchange server using 5.5 and SP4 , how can i fix the problem ? thx Stanley "Stanley" <stanley.lau@itapps.com> wrote in message news:efyD0XHeEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all , > > When my OWA webmail run a few days, than OWA will hang-up , i > check that the dllhost.exe using 100% CPU a long time , but i reboot the > computer , than the OWA resu...

Win2K/E2K, WLBS and multiple OWA sites
I'm hoping someone can help me out on my E2K OWA issue. I am using three Win2K/E2K front end servers that are set up in one WLBS cluster, with a back-end Win2K/E2K infrastructure. This WLBS cluster is assigned one virtual IP which services OWA requests from users (both http and https). Currently this cluster's OWA URL is new.webmail.bncc.com; however, I'm looking to migrate this URL over to using webmail.bncc.com. Unfortunately for a short period of time, I need to service OWA requests for both URLs (new.webmail.bncc.com and webmail.bncc.com). To facilitate this migration, I&#...

Outlook using https wont work- OWA works but not through Outlook
Hello, I have seen a few different posts on this topic bad none of them have worked for me. On this server "apparantly" owa and outlook over https have previsouly worked. OWA works, using url http and https. So the ports can not be blocked. outlook over https functions in exactly the same way. When I try to set up Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange using HTTP, and put as the HTTP proxy server https://server/domain.com/exchange, (same url that works in OWA). I get an error message immediately, almost as if it's doing local syntax checking rather than trying the server connect...

OWA form authentification problem
OK here is my problem. I have a virtual server with OWA configured in form authentification. if i try to acces the site localy all work fine I have mapped port 443 from the internet IP to the server ip If i try to access the site https://site/Exhcange from internet the certificate download windows show. then after a timeout i get a "The page cannot be found" On the IIS log i get : 2005-04-07 13:01:37 10.10.10.4 GET /exchange - 444 - 80.119.67.76 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.5;+Windows+NT+5.0) 401 2 2148074254 here is the fun part : if i try (over internet) to access : htt...

OWA not reading Japanese character
Hello, has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, however using Oulook Client, the characters appear perfectly. The japanese language has been added in owa server as well as on the client pc (control panel, regional /language option). Any hint/help most welcome. Thanks Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. -Shamika "albert" wrote: > Hello, > has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not > being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, > however using Ou...

OWA will not allow users to reply...
I work for a private school, so money isn't flowing endlessly for out IT department. Having said that, we are still using exchange 5.5 (quite comfotably and securely actually). The version of OWA with 5.5 works great for about 95% of my faculty members. However, for a few, they can login to OWA fine and see thier inbox items fine, but when they click on those items to read them, a box appears on screen for a split second, then disappears. It is almost as if their built in pop-up blocker is running, but even disabling that doesnt fix this problem. I am assuming the users reporting probl...

OWA login?
Why must you supply the domain when logging into OWA? i.e. Why do you have to login in the form of domain\username? Any way to get around this? If you specify the default domain, you may be able to get around this. You would make this change within Exchange System Manager, under servers, protocols, http, exchange virtual server, then on the properties of the exchange and public virtual directories. I've had this work before, but not reliably. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32E9EF4...

OWA #41
When certain users try to logon OWA they get this message. Http error 403 - forbidden: access is denied Internet Information Services (IIS) Then they refresh the webpage and everything works just fine. Any ideas. Thank you, Juan ...

OWA access to GAL
How can a OWA user see the GAL when selecting To: when creating a new email? OWA uses a Find dialog to display users in the GAL. It won't simply display the GAL. When you select To:, it brings up a Find Names dialog box. If you want to display a bunch of names, simply put a space in the Display name and hit enter (Find). I can't recall the number of results that it will display by default, but if your GAL is large, it won't display everything. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Mike Lawson" <MikeLawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Resources cannot not be booked by using OWA
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 + Sp2 on Windows 2003 Domain. We created some resource accounts (such as meeting room, projector, etc.). The users can successfully book these resources if they logon by using Outlook 2003. BUT if they try to book the same resources by using OWA, the booking requests cannot be registered on the calendar of resources. We checked all options about the resources and cannot find any issue. How can we correct this? It it a OWA bug? Best Regards Mustafa On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 02:25:16 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >H...

OWA SSL problems
I am attempting to use SSL to secure OWA. Exchange 2003 on a MS 2003 standard server. OWA works fine on port 80, but shows "page cannot be displayed" using 443. I am prompted for HTTPS if I try to get in port 80. Same symptoms no matter which folder or vitural directory I try to secure. I created my own certificate locally, but same error with or without a cert. Any ideas? Did you configure a listener on port 443 in InetMgr? "dunnster" <dunnster@erols.com> wrote in message news:13be01c43c40$4d210680$3501280a@phx.gbl... >I am attempting to use SSL to secur...

Open other Mailbox with X7 OWA
In our Lab, X7 has joined our X3 Org. CA's working fine for both x3 and x7 OWA. When attempting to open other mailbox in x7 OWA we get "You do not have permission to open this Mailbox. Contact your Exchange Administrator for access or for further information". Service accnt access is configured on x7, ie with MAPI I can open other mailboxes fine. How do we go about TS this issue? No event logs in CA or Mailbox server. Google lead me to this.... MSH>add-mailboxpermission newuser -accessRights SendAs -user domain\serviceaccnt So to open other mailbox in x7 OWA requ...

OWA problem on Exchange 5.5
All of my users can access Exchange 5.5 via Outlook when logging on with their AD usernames and passwords. A problem recently cropped up. When I set up a new user, they can access email through Outlook, but cannot use it with OWA. Everything is correct in their username and password, they just cant use OWA. Any ideas? This doesnt affect existing users, only new ones. What happens when they try? CJ wrote: > All of my users can access Exchange 5.5 via Outlook when logging on with > their AD usernames and passwords. > > A problem recently cropped up. When I set up a new...

OWA login error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E4_01C3F037.9C6BBDC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, exchange 5.5 sp4 has been running on NT4 sp6a for 1.5 years without = giving any problem. Suddenly, we have the follow error when trying to = loggin(see attached), I have not changed and settings on the server. The = NT4 server is also a BDC, running IIS 4 for OWA. Anyone has any idea? it is the IIS problem or OWA problem, how should I = troubleshoot? error 'ASP 0115'=20 Unexpected error=20 /...

OWA and Domain\User Name Logon
Something strange happened to the logon requirements when logging onto OWA... Initially when I configured OWA the user was required to use his or her domain with their username when logging onto OWA. Now, the domain portion before the user name is no longer required. Although more convenient for the user to logon this way, I'd like to see the logon requirements as they were with the domain portion of the logon required. I am wondering what could have happened to change this feature. Any ideas? How would one change it back? Thanks in advance. Raymond- If somebody put a \ in the default...