OWA - Contact question

Hi,

When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why
is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want
to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't
their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more?

Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view
the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003,
also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new
message?? Why is that?

Are there work arounds for these problems for Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1??

Regards,
Andrew

0
andrew8774 (16)

Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through
> OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window
> when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the
> message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so
> they can select one or more?

Because OWA isn't Outlook...although in 2003 it's a lot closer.

> Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to
> view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS
> Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it
> when creating a new message?? Why is that?

They can view their contacts folder, find the contact or DL and then send to
it directly.

Check out www.messageware.com

> Regards,
> Andrew

0
lanwench (7567)

Re: Excel 2007 column chart fill question
Hi, I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. The only method I've found currently is to fill with different picture types that have the different type of hatches. I'm certain there must be another method. Does anyone know how? Thank you. Hi, Pattern fills have been deprecated, MS term for removed, in 2007. Picture fill is the only way. Cheers Andy Anvah Gareson wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to fill my column chart with cross hatch, vertical hatch, > horizontal hatch, etc. instead of colours. ...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Forensic Question
I have been given the task of proving a possibilty and am under some serious pressure from my employer. Here is the scenario: we will use the identities of PersonA and PersonB. At one time PersonA was given access rights to PersonB's mailbox because PersonB worked for them and PersonA had a reason to monitor. Time passed on and it was forgotten to remove PersonA's rights from PersonB's mailbox after PersonB moved into another position. It is now believed that PersonA may have continued to monitor PersonB's mailbox without PersonB's knowledge. Is it possible to go ba...

Purchase Order Workflow Question
I'm wondering if there is a way within RMS to enter multiple items quickly on a PO. Right now, I am having to go into the Add Item area each time, which is just an annoying and time consuming extra step. In previous softwares I've used, you can simply enter your quantities directly on a form in your item lookup without having to look up items each time. Is there a more efficient way to do this within RMS and I'm missing it? Try the "Quick Scan" button. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems I would, except these are items that need to have barcodes generated w...

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...

Multiple line entry question
Hi I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results. It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc. So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then manually enter games won/lost etc Then I click submit to add the entry to the table I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the table Is it possible? Thanks Neil It is possible if you use unbound forms to enter more tha...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

xmlnode question
Hello, I'm new to xml and I have a question: I try to do the following Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.LoadXml("<Request><Root><Requestor name='' /><FlowData flowstatus='' /><Products><productdate productid='' /></Products></Root></Request>") Dim node As XmlNode = doc.SelectSingleNode("Request/Root/Requestor/@name") node.Value = "TestValue" Dim node3 As XmlNode = doc.SelectSingleNode("Request/Root/FlowData/@flowstatus") node3.Value = &q...

ExcelSheet Worksheets Alignment Question
Hi all, Just need some help with a problem I am having. Currently I have an access 2000 application that I am writing a function for. This function basically takes data from the database, calculate what values I need and then export that to an excel worksheet. The thing is I can not find a list of syntax anywhere online aka ExcelSheet.Worksheets(SheetName).columns("A") ..ColumnWidth Will change the width of the column ..Font.Name Will change Font ..insert Will insert a coln or a row The first question is where can I find a comprehensive list of these? ...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Range Question ??
HYCH My question is: I have a range from H2:I32, within this range i have values of 1 and 0 spread throughout, is it possible to run a vba macro to check for a 1 and then colour the cell red, i know how to use the 'Pattern.Solid Colorindex and numbers, but am having very little luck with the actual code to check this range, would prefer to have this running as a worksheet change event Hych Steve I would suggest using conditional formats (formats->Conditional formatting) If it really needs to be vba though (and it doesn't sound like it does... ) Public Sub colortest() D...

Question about Form OnLoad and OnCurrent
My question is which is better to use if I want to enable/disable controls on the form based on the value of another control on the form. I know I should probably know this, but.... TIA for the help Steve Use the OnCurrent event. The OnLoad event only runs once when the form first loads. The OnCurrent event runs when a new record is viewed. Unless this is a continuous form? Steve "steve" wrote: > My question is which is better to use if I want to enable/disable controls > on the form based on the value of another control on the form. > > I know I should p...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

XML Question
Hi, I have a project in vc++ .net 2003, and I need to read in a file of initialization parameters in xml, parse the file and then apply the parameters to the correct variables/objects. I know squat about reading XML in using C++, and am having difficulties finding how to do this. I found docs on the microsoft site about how to do this using managed c++, but I want to use unmanaged code. I hear MSXML is the way to go (?) but all the examples I find are for visual basic, and there is no clear documentation or howtos in c++ that I could find. I would really appreciate it if someone cou...