OWA - clicking a link prompts authentication

I am running a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with Exchange
2003 on it.  Whenever I log in through Outlook Web
Access, and click on a hyperlink in a message, it asks me
for authentication before allowing the link to open the
new page.  Only an administrator can successfully
authenticate, and activate the link.  Can anyone help??
0
dingus (1)

Nevermind.  Fixed my own problem.  The issue was between
Basic Authentication and Integrated, if anyone looks at
this and has the same problem.  I needed to use
DOMAIN\User instead of just logging on with basic
authentication.  This resolved the issue.

0
anonymous (74717)

Excel Not Opening using OWA

how do I paste linked and embed from worksheet to another workshe.
I am trying to copy and link information i excel that is tabular. There are images at the top of each of the tabs. When I try to copy and link normally I lose the images adn formating. I am able to copy and paste and embed link into a seprate workbook. I have not been able to do this from work sheet to work sheet . I grabed the code that lets me paste into the seperate workbook, but it hangs up when I try to do it in the same workbook. You can copy and paste a linked picture. That should pick up everything you select. Select your data and copy it. Select the destination cell. Pre...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

static linking VS dynamic use of MFC dlls
in VS.Net 2003 the project properties->general->Use of MFC option what are the pros and cons on statically linking MFC library?? (use MFC in a static Library) according to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326922 the Msvcr71.dll is now not considered shared system32, and more importantly should BE INSTALLED IN APP FOLDER! Something that was a great big no-no, in past.... When I static link, I have no problems on Win98 platform, according to article if I want to dynamic link, I should include the VC_CRT.msm merge module. I did, as well as including the Msvcr71.d...

re: slow OWA

Microsoft Money 99 Keeps Prompting for CD at Startup
I have Microsoft Money 99, Basic. Okay, so it's older software, but it's fine for us. (Windows 2000 laptop, 350 MHz machine--yeah, kind of older.) It works fine except for one thing: it keeps prompting for the CD when the software is started up. We have to keep cancelling its prompting for the CD to procede. We did turn off audio help, but it still does this. Tips? LRH I rebooted the computer (it had not been rebooted since installation), that fixed it. "Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message news:LAoZc.185978$sh.30089@fed1read06... > I have ...

linking address books
I have been successful in networking 2 "XP professional" computers that are using Office 2000 Premium. I can see my emails on both but can only access the address books on the original one. Can I link the address books from the original computer to the 2nd one like I did the personal folders? Please tell me how but be exact as I am not a techie person but can follow directions. Thanks. .. ...

Excel 2007 prompt to open file as read only
I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read only. How do I do this? Thank you! If you want the user to see a prompt, open the file. Do a SaveAs Click Tools|General options|and check "read-only recommended" They can still answer "no" to this prompt, right? SEllis wrote: > > I would like an Excel 2007 file to prompt the user to open a file as read > only. How do I do this? Thank you! -- Dave Peterson ...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Why does OWA...

Linking Question (long, sorry!)
Hello. I am a teacher hoping to use an Excel spreadsheet to convert between my pen & paper gradebook and our temperamental computerized gradekeeper. The problem is in the order of the student's names. In my regular (paper) gradebook, students are listed in numbered rows, so as I get a new student, I have to add his/her name to the bottom of the list, no matter what letter the name starts with. The electronic gradebook, however, is strictly alphabetical. So as I continue to add students, my gradebook will look like (1. Adams 2. Davis 3. Smith 4. Moore (added later) 5. Franklin (a...

Linking Worksheets and Macros
I am linking a portion of my worksheet to another workbook and using a macro to remove the 0s from the current worksheet. Here's the macro: Sub Blank_Link_Trap() Dim myStr As String Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If cel.HasFormula = True Then If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(*" Then myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1) cel.Value = "=IF(" & myStr & "="""",""""," & myStr & ")" End If End If Next E...

resize edit links Dialogue Box in Excel 2007
I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. Is this is any limitation in Excel 2007 for this particular feature. Example if we have more than 80+ files which are linked and we cannot edit the links. Please let me the workaround. I am having the exact same problem - anybody have a solution? "Jagdeep" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and wish to resize edit links Dialogue Box when there > are multiple links to edit. Not able to do so unlike in Excel 2003. > Is this is any l...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Linked Object
I have a table where there is one record for each address of misc houses (could be hundreds). One of the fields contains the name of a picture (1.jpg, 2.jpg Etc) witch corresponds to a picture located in a separate folder on my hard drive. I would like to link (not embed) each picture so that I can build a form on that table that will show the picture. Any help would be appreciated. Terry Use the Current event of the form to set the Picture property of the image control. Details in the links here: Handle/Display images in forms/database for a few leads on how to do this. ht...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Outlook express--links will activate
Hi. I can not get any links within any e-mails to activate when I click on them in my Outlook Express. Where can I go to restore their functionality? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

cant log in to OWA at night
I am getting the "440 login timeout" error when my user login overnight. I cannot find where there might be something limiting time to login. Is it in IIS 6 I am running Win2003 server, EXch 2003 I have only one exchange server that also runs OWA. During the daytime hours no one has any problems logging in to OWA. I have recently moved all mailboxs to the Ex2003 server from a Exch5.5 server. Currently the Exch5.5 server receives all the mail and forwards it to the Exch. 2003 server. not sure if this could be the problem. getting ready to bring down the 5.5 server and change the MX ...